Super Mario Boards Mafia 2021: Rogues in Rogueport - Game Thread (END - A New Dawn for Rogueport)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addam Origo

Lord of Aletta
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Hello Rogueport citizens, and welcome to Super Mario Boards Mafia 2021: Rogues in Rogueport! Please, use this thread to discuss matters regarding this game with any living players, and cast a vote against an active player you feel is suspicious during the day phase. The player with the most vote will be lynch!

Players
PlayersRoleStatus
@Trab Pu KcipBandit (Mafia)Lynched (Day 2)
@Mayumi JoutouguuBandit (Mafia)Lynched (Day 4)
@Reverse Input???Alive
@GoombuigiPlenn T. (Toad Bros.)Killed (Night 2)
@PF + Bowser's Fury???Alive
@Andrew???Alive
@Вlitz???Alive
@Yoshi the SSM???Alive
@Waluigi Time???Alive
@Alex95Bandit (Mafia)Lynched (Day 3)
@AmoebaToadette (Villager)Killed (Night 0)
@BlueBerryBlue???Alive
@Linus van Pelt???Alive
@Charlie Brown???Alive

Rules
  • Be respectful to other players, and make sure to have fun!
  • Day and Night phases will each last 48 hours 24 hours. Between each phases, there will be short intermissions.
  • Votes must be cast like this: Vote: NS
  • Unvoting is allowed, but you must make sure to Unvote. Voting No Lynch is allowed in this game by casting it like this: Vote: No Lynch.
  • Any private messages or conversations regarding this mafia game must be sent to myself, unless I have access to them.
  • Do NOT quote or repost your role card under any circumstances. Failure to comply with this rule will result in a modkill.
  • Massive roleclaiming in not allowed.
  • Once you are eliminated, please make use of the lounge thread instead. Do not post any information on who are the innocent or mafia players, whether it is true or not.

Basic Gameplay Guidelines
  • During a Night phase, this is where players who have active abilities will commit their actions (Mafia players will kill someone – Cop player will learn the identity of a player – ETC.).
  • During a Day phase, this is where the identity of the player who is eliminated (or not in case there is none) will be revealed, followed by the voting period where all living players will vote to eliminate a player who is the most suspicious. It is also possible to not lynch anyone if the majority of the players vote for this option.
  • The game will cycle between these two phases until one faction (the mafia or the town) is winning.

Roles
RoleNumber of players
Mafia4 3 2 1
Villager3 2
Toad Bros.2 1
One-shot Bulletproof2
Cop1
Doctor1
Unmatched Flair1

Please confirm that you have indeed received your role. The game will officially start on February 1st at 1:00 PM EST.

Last edited:

Trab Pu Kcip

Melon and Gravy go together.
Role card recieved.

Glitz Yoshi

I'm Yoshi the Space Station Manager from the wiki.
Cat Glitz Yoshi (Blue).png
: "How purrfect. This will start right after I can name change (I can't change it until tomorrow (the 31st of January)). Also, my role has been gotten."

Addam Origo

Lord of Aletta
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
The night was falling upon Rogueport, and the citizens knew very well what that means. With a touch of bitterness in their faces hiding their fear, those who were chosen to protect the town then took up various positions to ensure the safety of the citizens.

Although some were desperately trying to hide their fear, which was clearly visible on their faces, some others were much more determined of getting rid of the Mafia at all costs, even if it kills them.

But the Mafia was pretty clever, and they certainly wouldn’t fall so easily. Seeing the security that was increased at Rogueport, they decided to determine a strategy in order to get rid of all threats that might derail their plan.

Who will emerge victorious of this battle? Only time will tell. Although, being a good strategist was definitely going to help.

Dear Rogueport citizens, it is now Night 0. Have a good night!

This phase will last 48 hours. Those with active abilities during night phases, please send me a PM of your night actions.
You have until

Last edited:

Sven Svennson.

Time to shine, baby!
Banned User
ogKRgLa.png
Okay, my sticky man! Currently, no-one being that suspicious, so I'll sit back and relax!
Also, I don't know how to use the image you made for me.
Could you show me how to?

Last edited:

Addam Origo

Lord of Aletta
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Due to a mistake from my part (yes, I am dumb), the adjusted time that was displayed was incorrect, which is now fixed. Sorry for the trouble, and my thanks to Pitohui for your help.

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
RogueportNoBlood.png

???
It may look like there's not a trace of evidence left in this room, but after we apply the tape...

???
We spray this over the area the crime occurred, and...

*pssst-spsssssh*

RogueportBlood.png

???
That's the power of Luminol testing fluid! Every good scientific forensic investigator carries this with them everywhere they go. Well, except when they have to go through TSA screenings... Now that that's taken care of, I just need to step outside to look at this sample in the moonlight, and...

*creeeeeeeeak*

RftA_Ema_Skye_Shocked_1.gif

Ema Skye
Huh!? Wha-? They closed down the docks and sealed off the pipe system?

RftA_Ema_Skye_Worried_1.gif

Ema Skye
The mafia is targeting everyone who is still trapped in the city, and the authorities trapped us all here as part of their plan to eliminate the mafia? I wouldn't call that tactical when it puts so many innocent lives at risk...

Ema Skye
Furthermore, that means my life is at risk... Although...

RftA_Ema_Skye_Taking_Notes_2.gif
Ema Skye
Although... ...calculating that risk from the available data and accounting for the cautiousness of the mafia making it likely they'll only make one kill every night, that means each innocent individual here only has a ten percent chance of being killed by the mafia. It may be a naïve analysis that doesn't take into account anyone's abilities, but it means any one of us has high odds of surviving the night. If my risk of dying is that low...

RftA_Ema_Skye_Confident_1.gif
Ema Skye
Alright! I've decided, rather than live in fear, I'll do everything I can to get us out of this situation. I'll show you just how a scientific forensics investigator can help to get us out of this situation!

Last edited:

Sven Svennson.

Time to shine, baby!
Banned User
ogKRgLa.png
Huh, what's going on here? I was just about to catch some Z's, but I heard some ruckus over he-Woah!

Alex95

The True Power Master
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Godot
Hmph. First the Super Arrow debacle, and now there's crime here in Rogueport. I don't get paid enough for this.

Godot
But... A job's a job. Someone has to do the dirty work. Whoever these ruffians are, the residents can rest easy, because they aren't going to get past me.

Godot
Let the games begin.

(I was going to bring over Godot from MSM anyway, didn't know Pito was also going for an AA theme, too :P)

Glitz Yoshi

I'm Yoshi the Space Station Manager from the wiki.
Cat Glitz Yoshi (Blue).png
: "Meow. So there is a mafia problem here. Well, taking them out shouldn't be a problem. Especially since you have me, Cat Glitz Yoshi, to help the others defeat the mafia. Mafia. Fear my fur-y."

Rowlf the Dog

Ace Pianist

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee

RftA_Ema_Skye_Shocked_2(1).gif
Ema Skye
H-hey! What are you doing!? I may not be a certified investigator, but I know what I'm doing! Mr. Shmaluigi, someone, help!

*thwack*

RftA_Ema_Skye_Bench_Determined_2.gif
Ema Skye
There. Now don't touch me like that again, and don't accuse me of being a criminal! I was asked to come investigate this crime scene because the local authorities didn't have the resources.

RftA_Ema_Skye_Angry_2.gif
Ema Skye
Don't go around accusing people of crimes without empirical evidence, or I'll have to teach you the meaning of the words "baseless conjecture"!

(If the images look off I'll fix them when I'm not on mobile)

Rowlf the Dog

Ace Pianist
????
Well, why didn't you say so? So you're the forensic investigator I heard about.

????
Ha ha ha! I almost took you in! You sure were suspicious, though!
I'm Bobby Fulbright. The heroic detective who defends our good citizens from evil! The champion of justice who comes running whenever you're in need! And my catchphrase?

Fulbright
"In justice we trust!"

Last edited:

Sven Svennson.

Time to shine, baby!
Banned User
ogKRgLa.png
Ah cod! Where am I-oh. Sorry bout that! I think I knocked myself out on the wooden beams. So, what did I miss?

Goombuigi

The Luigi-fied Goomba
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
An engine emerges from nearby buffers.

TenderEngines11.png

Duck: Evening all. I see that I'm right on time. Beg pardon if I take up a lot of space, I'm a rather large tank engine.

Granpuff5.png

Duck: I should introduce myself. I'm Duck the Great Western engine, from the Island of Sodor. You're probably wondering how I managed to emerge through those buffers. It's quite simple, they are magic buffers that allow any engine that touches them to be teleported to another set of buffers. So, I arranged for buffers to be built on Sodor that would lead here.

CrankyBugs49.png

Duck: Unfortunately, I still have duties to attend to on my branch line, so I might not be here as often as I would like to. Speaking of which, I have a train to pull soon, so I must be off. Cheerio.

Duck reverses into the buffers and disappears.

Sven Svennson.

Time to shine, baby!
Banned User
ogKRgLa.png
You know, I think I missed quite a bit too much. Could someone explain why there's now a train here?

Addam Origo

Lord of Aletta
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
With the night that had taken place, the citizens of Rogueport clung somehow to the little hope they had that the night was going to be all right, thanks to the increased security. Although, some showed doubt about the plan, and that was quite reasonable of them. The Mafia had shown skill in avoiding traps that were made against them in the past. However, this time, were they going to fail?

During the night, Toadette was extremely delighted that she was finally going to offer some of her helpful tips. After Mario’s passage to Rogueport, who had found all the necessary accessories that would be necessary for him in his quest for The Thousand-Year Door, she was incredibly sad that she could no longer be a useful help. Then during the night, it appears that someone had found an Ultra Hammer that was located somewhere in Rogueport’s plaza. The reason why this hammer was there remains unclear.

Although walking around Rogueport in the middle of the night was still a high risk, Toadette, who was rather brave, decided to go and help this person to make good use of this hammer, as she had done for Mario before.

All this was actually a mean trap set up by the Mafia. Toadette was so happy at the thought of helping an innocent to use an Ultra Hammer to fight against the Mafia, but as thanks, she was whacked on the head by the powerful hammer. This mighty and gross attack completely removed all life force from the poor mushroom girl…

A body has been found! It was Amoeba. She was…

Dear Rogueport citizens, it is now Day 1. Time to lynch someone!

This phase will last 48 hours. It is time to discuss with your fellow alive players and vote to eliminate someone, which seems the most suspicious. You may vote for no lynch as well.
You have until

Sven Svennson.

Time to shine, baby!
Banned User
ogKRgLa.png
Ah, crud! We's gotta find out who it was, eh? So, what evidence do we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.