Longform Roleplay

Koops

Epic
Koops: Ah! Feels good to have a bed to sleep on. Guess Fiora'll stop looking like a goddamn corpse when she's tucked right in one of these bad boys.

*I had entered the hotel and has found himself a room to stay in. Meanwhile the Pegasus is outside, as pets are not allowed within the building's walls. Although the Pegasus tried to speak up and make a case for itself, no one but myself could understand what it was saying, so he got the short end of the stick for once. As I lay on the chair, I realize that my companion, Tin-Shyiy, or something, had left without warning.*

Koops: Hey, wasn't the sky girl or whatever supposed to ask a favor of me? Weird. I could swear she was serious about it. Oh well, that's one less thing to worry about for the time being. Wait, what, no, of course I still gotta worry about it, what am I saying? Now the fact that she hasn't asked anything of me is gonna bother me for the rest of this whole predicament!

Pegasus kicks the window opens and sticks its head into the room, grinning at Koops

Koops: Amazing. Well at least we have a safe place now. Hey, dude, tomorrow, first thing in the morning, we investigate, alright? Who knows, I may bump into blue-haired chick too. Not impossible.

*With that, the horse keeps looking at me in more ways than one, all of which immensely made me uncomfortable, so I opt to whack the thing's head with a table lamp, to which the donkey reacts by knocking me unconscious with one of its bombastic hooves.*

Annie Eilenberg

Sera Island's #1 Alchemist
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
It's true! Tenshi was not the type to forget that Koops owed her something. So, the next morning, he goes out on the town!

First thing he sees when he flies out is some blue hair. Said blue hair is attached to a certain peach-hat woman.

She proceeds to look up and whistle. And by whistle I mean...

"YO, BITCH! GET DOWN HERE!"

Well, she's... blatant! Let's call it "blatant."

AwdryFan1997

I won't be active for a while.
Banned User
--A Dark Alleyway Somewhere--
*Lightning strikes upon a metal rubbish bin in a dark alleyway. Seconds later, emerging from the trash is Newman, directly following his extremely brief disappearance in Car Wash. On his second stop on his multidimensional journey, Newman has arrived here, now crawling out of the tipped-over bin on his way to advertise his home universe to potential interlopers.*

Newman: Alright, attempt number two, this time I WON'T be bombed to death.

*Suddenly, as a highlight of my unoriginality, the FBI Director J. Edgar Freetoader appears.*

J. Edgar Freetoader: Hey! You're coming with us!

*Newman is seized by FBI Toads and dragged away. He is shoved in a limosuine, which drives away.*

J. Edgar Freetoader: Alright, bud. Spill your guts...

*The FBI Toads turn their guns towards Newman.*

J. Edgar Freetoader: ...before I spill 'em for ya.

Newman: You guys remind me of my creators...

J. Edgar Freetoader: Creators?

Newman: They were killed by someone from the previous dimension I was in. Now then... What's that?

*They don't even turn around to look. That being said, the limo crashes. The resulting pile-up is catastrophic. Newman crawls out, severely injured.*

Newman: Ow...

*J. Edgar Freetoader also gets out as the only FBI Toad to survive the accident. He is worse off than Newman.*

J. Edgar Freetoader: I'll... make you... pay...

*Newman stumbles off, badly hurt.*
*Newman crackles and dissolves. He has returned home, his mission failed.*

*Meanwhile, a boat is steering out of control near a harbor. A miscommunication directed it away from its intended destination and into a heavy storm. The boat, said to be carrying a wide variety of foreign cheeses, is actually carrying important diplomats, along with a large supply of dangerous weapons and an extremely large sum of money. But the most important thing it carried was information.*

*The S.S. Salvador was an old ship, intended for hauling rubbish to wherever it could be disposed of. But the company that owned it went bankrupt nearly a century ago, and it was sold from owner to owner until about a decade prior, when it was bought by the government as a ship meant for espionage missions.*

*This harbor, a secret project privately run by a rich turtle named Frederick Kooploz, was becoming a popular stop on smuggler's routes, allowing for members of the Black Market to sell their wares and keep themselves confidential. The boat was just the thing to ruin it all.*

*The worst part was that a city fueled by crime had been developed there, and Frederick Kooploz was essentially their leader. It would all collapse with this boat running aground.*

*Crash, and stuff.*

Koops

Epic
*As I look for the source of the voice, I already have an idea of its owner, despite me not spending that much time with her. Down there, there she was, Tenshi was uh... blatantly calling me out for something. Turns out my intuition was correct, she would come back eventually to collect her debt like a raccoon who just gave you a house. The problem with that was that I had finally managed to get on the flying piece of ass after having tried for 30 minutes straight and had finally succeeded in getting it to fly with me on the saddle. Now that Tenshi's voice had broken the serenity, I fell off the thing but thankfully land on something of a soft surface that in the heat of the moment, I couldn't quite identify.*

Koops: Ugh... ngh... oh, I'm not dead, looks like. Cool. Anyway where's__

*My train of thoughts stops as Tenshi's face appears uncomfortably close to mine, and then I realized exactly why it seemed as though I hadn't touched the ground at all. I was in a pair of surprisingly robust arms, being held like a baby.*

Koops: Uh... hehe... um... Good day to you! How's tricks?

Pegasus laughs maniacally as it sits on top of a nearby cafe.

Annie Eilenberg

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
"Pretty good."

Tenshi's definitely smirking at the sight of Koops in her arms, having kept him from an uncomfortably close meeting with the ground. Despite what you'd think from her attitude, too, she actually sets him down quite gently, rather than just dropping him.

"So... you and I both know why I'm here."

Tenshi holds up one finger.

"One favor. Unless you want me to fly that horse again, in which case, two favors. But for now, the one is..."

Some of the fight seems to go out of her, and she sighs.

"I need you to front me a few nights at a cheap hotel so I can actually find a damn job. Ain't ever had one until now, I've been trying to figure out how to get one of those but I need some time. And somewhere to stay during that."

Koops

Epic
Koops: Ok, then why did you leave the second we went in there? I could've figured something out earlier. Not that I have an easy solution to that tho because um... while I can afford this hotel with the funds I had beforehand... you know, it is kinda hard to pay for one more person when those funds come from people who are trying their best to scrape by... it's complicated, and my friend would kill me if she found out about stuff like that. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt to look for a place. After all, I barely have any idea where I'm going anyway so, that works out! Alright, it's a deal!

Pegasus's expression drops when it realizes that Koops will probably be more comfortable just walking, meaning he won't have to kill himself trying to mount it.

Dr. Peter Venkman

I ain't 'fraid of no ghosts.
*However, it didn't seem like Ray Trace was being chased by anything, despite looking very fearful indeed. And..was that Chroma Key he just saw? ....well at least the Yellow Sprixie Princess turned out to be a fake otherwise he would have lots of 'splaining to do...*

*Ray Trace took a moment to catch his breath and looked around him. Where was his pursuer anyway? He was out in the public for sure, but he didn't know where he was. Neo Bowser City was still new to him, and of course, he didn't bother to learn the directions of the place. It's not like he can read the signs anyway.*
Car Wash Chroma: Yo, Ray. What's with the rush, buddy?

*This Chroma was glad to see Ray Trace alive and well. In his universe, Ray was kinda dead. "Dead" as in, Beryl Marine took away his soul and his soul got asorbed into a human and it's a really complicated and long story.*

*Chroma hugged Ray a bit too tightly. He didn't wait for consent, but he did anyway.*

Arctozolt

Power Star
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
"Oh, I get it! Your parents dragged you along on a business trip and now you're feeling sad about it. My daddy does that too... it's always about something really boring, so I used to just sit in the hotel bored all day. But recently I decided to practice my magic tricks instead!"

"...Would you like to see one?"
(Ran looks at the little girl with some hesitation. What could she possibly mean by “magic tricks”? …Never mind. She knows that she must see the girl’s magic in order for her to fully believe it.)

Ran: Okay, I guess. Only when you see these kinds of things can you really judge them, and I guess a few magic tricks every now and again wouldn’t hurt.

Annie Eilenberg

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Koops: Ok, then why did you leave the second we went in there? I could've figured something out earlier. Not that I have an easy solution to that tho because um... while I can afford this hotel with the funds I had beforehand... you know, it is kinda hard to pay for one more person when those funds come from people who are trying their best to scrape by... it's complicated, and my friend would kill me if she found out about stuff like that. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt to look for a place. After all, I barely have any idea where I'm going anyway so, that works out! Alright, it's a deal!
"Pretty simple, really. I didn't want to actually lean on you for it unless I had to."

Tenshi sighs, looking slightly downcast.

"I don't like relying on other people. If I had to immediately go to you for help, that means... well, moot point. I already did."

Crossing her arms, Tenshi fixates on a point slightly to the left of Koops' head. She clearly doesn't LIKE that she has to be open about this, but she doesn't have much of a choice.

"So... here we are, I guess!"

Koops

Epic
Koops: Yeah sounds serious if you're saying this while not swearing every two microseconds. I understand. It's nice to be able to do things by yourself. Well, unless you're in the sort of tough spot that I'm in. And unfortunately I am forced to team up with this big dung.

Pegasus kicks Koops into the concrete.

Koops: Can't even take a little jab, this idiot. Anyway, leaning on people is completely understandable... she may not realize it just yet but someone really is leaning on me right now to get her out of some situation, even while unconscious. You just find yourself in these sorts of places without knowing, so by all means, even if you're a sky goddess or whatever, you can never rely too much on yourself.

*I pause. This suddenly got way deeper and emotional than anticipated, even if it's barely so. Even then, Tenshi's helped me before, it's only natural that I be nice to her and all, right?*

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Car Wash Chroma: Yo, Ray. What's with the rush, buddy?

*This Chroma was glad to see Ray Trace alive and well. In his universe, Ray was kinda dead. "Dead" as in, Beryl Marine took away his soul and his soul got asorbed into a human and it's a really complicated and long story.*

*Chroma hugged Ray a bit too tightly. He didn't wait for consent, but he did anyway.*
*Ray Trace looked down at Chroma and didn't resist. He liked a good bro-hug from a fellow bro. From the same species as him nonetheless, so it seemed perfectly natural and less awkward for him. Besides, it was Chroma, he knew Chroma, and he loved Chroma as much as he knew him.*

*However, the hug wasn't 100% comfortable.*

Ray Trace: Chroma. I was getting chased by something. I don't think right now is the right time to hug.

Dr. Peter Venkman

*Ray Trace looked down at Chroma and didn't resist. He liked a good bro-hug from a fellow bro. From the same species as him nonetheless, so it seemed perfectly natural and less awkward for him. Besides, it was Chroma, he knew Chroma, and he loved Chroma as much as he knew him.*

*However, the hug wasn't 100% comfortable.*

Ray Trace: Chroma. I was getting chased by something. I don't think right now is the right time to hug.
Car Wash Chroma: ..wha?

*He un-hugged Ray*

Car Wash Chroma: What are you talking about? All I saw was you...

*GASP!*

Car Wash Chroma: Were you getting chased by a ghost?!

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Car Wash Chroma: ..wha?

*He un-hugged Ray*

Car Wash Chroma: What are you talking about? All I saw was you...

*GASP!*

Car Wash Chroma: Were you getting chased by a ghost?!
*Ray Trace looked around, shiftily. His pursuer was nowhere to be found. Yet....he knew that his pursuer was a shapeshifter, so he could be hiding anywhere...any moment.....watching....watching these two talk. The thought unsettled Ray Trace.*

Ray Trace: Don't laugh. It WAS a ghost Chroma. A Duplighost, in fact. He was black. You know what a Duplighost is, right? They can turn into a lot of things. And he turned into a...a beautiful Yellow Sprixie Princess....well...uhhhh....that's how I got chased to begin with. But anyway, I think we might be getting watched by him right now. He might be listening to us talking about him...you know, this is the first time I've felt this unsettled in a while, Chroma Key. He wants me DEAD. He's OUT TO GET ME, Chroma.

Dr. Peter Venkman

*Ray Trace looked around, shiftily. His pursuer was nowhere to be found. Yet....he knew that his pursuer was a shapeshifter, so he could be hiding anywhere...any moment.....watching....watching these two talk. The thought unsettled Ray Trace.*

Ray Trace: Don't laugh. It WAS a ghost Chroma. A Duplighost, in fact. He was black. You know what a Duplighost is, right? They can turn into a lot of things. And he turned into a...a beautiful Yellow Sprixie Princess....well...uhhhh....that's how I got chased to begin with. But anyway, I think we might be getting watched by him right now. He might be listening to us talking about him...you know, this is the first time I've felt this unsettled in a while, Chroma Key. He wants me DEAD. He's OUT TO GET ME, Chroma.
*Chroma just smirked*

Car Wash Chroma: If he wants YOU dead, He's gotta get through ME first.

*Nobody messes with his Ray Trace. Nobody. Ever.*

Vera Misham

Ace Artist
(Ran looks at the little girl with some hesitation. What could she possibly mean by “magic tricks”? …Never mind. She knows that she must see the girl’s magic in order for her to fully believe it.)

Ran: Okay, I guess. Only when you see these kinds of things can you really judge them, and I guess a few magic tricks every now and again wouldn’t hurt.
The mysterious girl beams with joy at her response.
"That's the spirit! ...Ready? Here goes! ...Tah Dah!!!"

"Hey folks, it's Mr. Hat! I gotta say, it's good to be seen! I'm at your service... although I must say, my jokes can be a bit "heady" at times! Get it? Heady!"

"The Amazing Mr. Hat! Isn't he great? He's my first original act... I worked hard on him!"

Annie Eilenberg

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
THEN
Koops: Can't even take a little jab, this idiot. Anyway, leaning on people is completely understandable... she may not realize it just yet but someone really is leaning on me right now to get her out of some situation, even while unconscious. You just find yourself in these sorts of places without knowing, so by all means, even if you're a sky goddess or whatever, you can never rely too much on yourself.

*I pause. This suddenly got way deeper and emotional than anticipated, even if it's barely so. Even then, Tenshi's helped me before, it's only natural that I be nice to her and all, right?*
"What, ya got a problem with the way I fucking speak?"

Despite the curse, there's at least some sort of a light tone in Tenshi's voice. Seems that was more a friendly jab than an outright accusation.

"Yeah, yeah, I hear ya. Look... thanks. I appreciate it."

---------------------------

ANOTHER TIME

""Journalist willing to cut a deal!" end quote. If a get that scoop and that bounty, I'll give you a quarter of my winnings! What a deal! Tell you what, I'll even give you 75 coins for just giving me the info, even if I don't get that scoop."
"YOU!"

Pushing past Spark Brushel, Tenshi angrily gestures at... Aya. She doesn't even seem to be noticing Brushel, the small blue-haired girl instead letting irritation blatantly show on her face as Aya stands there.

"You're the crow! I recognize you! So what are you of all people doing here? Trying to spread a bunch more bullshit rumors about me like last time?"

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
""Big scoop on Coasts nets BIG reward" end quote." Spark explained that the local police would give a large reward for any evidence against Coats. Up to ten thousand coins, depending on the quality and usefulness of the evidence. Not to mention a big scoop on him could be sold to papers for a lot of money.

""Journalist willing to cut a deal!" end quote. If a get that scoop and that bounty, I'll give you a quarter of my winnings! What a deal! Tell you what, I'll even give you 75 coins for just giving me the info, even if I don't get that scoop."
"A down payment?" The crow replies to Spark, mulling over his offer. "Well in that case, I think it's a deal worth pursuing. Here, I'll give you what I know." Acting wholly cooperative, Aya takes out a notepad, and scribbles down a few supposed leads. Not a one of them are real, the crow writing down whatever plausible information pops into her head. She never had any info on Coats beyond the same rumours everyone else had heard, and even if she did, she wouldn't have given that information away for such a low price. But 75 coins for some lies? That was a deal. All she would need to do is toss out some random names, some random places to look in the city's seedier sectors...

As she hands off the notepad to Spark, Aya's attention is caught by none other than Tenshi... not that it was easy to miss the loud-mouthed girl. Despite Tenshi's immediate accusations, Aya opts for playing dumb, acting innocent as she greets the girl with a friendly smile.

"Who? Me? I think you have me confused with someone. All my journalism is held to the highest standards. I'd never knowingly publish an untruth. I'm sure you're confusing me with someone else, actually."

If she were lucky, that would get Tenshi to back off from the hostility, but, if not, she had another trick up her sleeve...

Annie Eilenberg

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Tenshi crosses her arms and gives Aya a look. A look that manages to mix frustration and annoyance and irritation in almost-equal measure, the way that she's standing showing that she has absolutely no intention of backing down from this fight she's chosen to pick.

"Trust me. I don't tend to forget people who are willing to slander my perfectly good, non-troublesome name in print! You had it ALL OVER the map!"

"I mean, who else runs a paper called Bunbunmaru? Don't you remember a single damn article that you write? 'Cause I sure fuckin' do!"

This was pretty much Tenshi's modus operani for confronting something - especially without any of the powers she once had. Come in swinging, and see if they admit to it.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
With the way Tenshi is staring her down, Aya can't keep herself from backing away, taking a few steps on instinct to put distance between herself and the threatening woman. She doesn't run quite yet, though. After all, this wasn't the Tenshi she knew. Something was different here. The girl was acting less bold than Aya expected her too, almost as if she didn't have everything she usually did at her disposal.

Of course, she could have been setting up a ruse, and, with Tenshi's power, it wasn't worth risking too much on the assumption she was being forced to hold back...

Still, Aya spots an opportunity, some room she has to pushback, and she takes advantage of it. After backing up a few steps, she plants her feet more firmly, mirroring Tenshi by crossing her own arms and staring her down, nodding as if she were bathing in praise and accolades when Tenshi states the name of her paper.

"Oh, so you recognize my paper? The Bunbunmaru Newspaper is a publication renowned not only back home, but now here, in this economic hub that attracts visitors from across the world. You should be thankful that you were one of my earliest readers.

...you did read the paper, right? Because you've come and accused me of slandering you, but you haven't brought up a single example of how I did it. It wouldn't happen to be because you got your info from... second-hand sources? Would it? You know, gossip spreads fast, and it changes ever faster as it goes. You want to know if I remember what I write, but I don't even know what you're talking about. Did you read it yourself? Or did you just overhear it? How do you know it's even what was written?
"

Confident in her ability to run around the other woman with words, Aya works to keep herself from smirking. It seemed unlikely that Tenshi of all people would be able to throw anything back in her face so quickly, and if she could just get her confused, she'd weasel her way out of this with ease...

Annie Eilenberg

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Tenshi looks at Aya and bites her tongue. If she lets Aya start running around her with words, she's lost. The crow was a master of doubletalk and of keeping you off your game, and Tenshi hadn't been able to pin her down the last time they met.

Still, she refused to simply roll over for Aya in this new city as well as the old.

"Uh-huh. You're trying to say I have no idea what I'm talking about, right? Right. Well this time, I know exactly what I mean!"

"I distinctly recall that in Gensokyo, you were busy calling me responsible for a large number of weather disruptions, when you know full well I had nothing to do with them! I made ONE incident based on that, and then you proceeded to put up my name as the culprit every time, regardless of the actual facts. You're the reason I'm-"

"-Anyway, it's definitely irresponsible. What're you gonna do with this guy, huh? Call him a killer?"

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Even as Tenshi brings out a real, substantive allegation, Aya keeps her composure, actually reveling in Tenshi's loose lips internally as she keeps a neutral outward expression. She had almost let something slip, something that could be very potentially juicy, both to her old customers and to her new customers down in this city. After all, who wouldn't want to know why the powerful and boisterous Tenshi Hinanawi was roaming around the city? To ally with her or avoid her, people would need to know what she was doing.

The crow decides to play it cautiously, preferring an ally to an enemy. Acting as if she's really turning over Tenshi's words, she takes an apologetic tone.

"Alright. See, now that you're being specific, I can know what you're talking about. And, you know? You're right. I remember now. Maybe I was too hasty. I overheard talk of you being involved in some of the incidents after the first one, and I was too quick to jump to conclusions. It was wrong, and I apologize. But, look, ever since I've come down here, I've changed my approach. I've had to, to compete with the papers around here. What I was doing before doesn't cut it anymore."

"And to prove that I mean what I'm saying," Aya sticks out a hand, "I'll even try and help you out now, okay? Really, if sounds like I caused you some kind of trouble. So why don't you tell me what it is, and I'll do what I can to fix it. Sound like a deal?"

To further drive home her ruse about being a changed woman, and to address Tenshi's question, Aya gestures over to Spark. "No, not at all. I was helping him out, actually, thank you. I had a scoop on a criminal. Seriously, ask anyone. This Coats guy? He's bad news. You don't have to take my word for it. And see, that's what I'm here to do. I'm helping people out down here, him, you, anyone I can. Does it hurt if I make a buck doing it? I'd be a liar if I said no, but there's a greater calling for me here than there was back there."

Doomhiker

Bob-omb
Wiki Patroller
Core 'Shroom Staff
Spark overheard the conversation. He knew about the many times Aya ruined lives based off assumptions. He also knew that she was lying about changing. She was just as bad know as she was then, if not worse due to the large amount of gossip in the city. She also had a reputation for pretending to care and be kind for profit. However, Spark wanted to keep silent for know, as he didn't want to jeopardize any future attempts to get information from her.

Annie Eilenberg

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Tenshi looks at Aya, deep suspicion written on her expression. If she gave Aya information, there was a very strong chance the crow would turn it against her. If she didn't give Aya information... she'd probably find a way to turn THAT against her. In retrospect, the safest decision when it came to Aya was to not get involved at all... but it was a bit late for that.

Still. The actual circumstances - stripped of powers, exiled - were something she had no intention of telling Aya. But maybe a soft version, one that wouldn't embarrass her too much when it inevitably got leaked...

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. You're a new woman. Totally different. I believe you."

Tenshi takes a deep breath, spinning a yarn. She's nowhere near as experienced at lying on her feet as Aya is, but...

"The problem is, everyone thinking I was causing trouble meant any time I walked into the town, I couldn't get anything done. Everyone looked at me the wrong way, wouldn't help me out... it was a mess. So I had to come here, get a new start, all that."

Then I saw you were here, and, well... I got carried away.

"A criminal, though? That'd be a way to get in good in the locals. What can you tell me about him?"

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
And in that moment, completely by accident, Tenshi flips the script, genuinely putting Aya on the spot. Why? Well, she had just finished writing some quick and easy lies for Spark, not expecting to have to remember them. The odds of him confronting her over the information seemed low, and even if he had, she could have deflected it, could have come up with some excuse for why it proved inaccurate that would absolve her of the guilt. She hadn't expected, however, to have the man she had just handed a stack of lies to standing right there as she was asked to provide more information on a Coats.

She was in a bind. Trying to come up with something on the spot could lead to her contradicting herself, or omitting something that might make Sparks suspicious. Nervous, but thinking on her feet, Aya tries to buy herself time to figure out a strategy by playing up her sympathy.

"Oh... I didn't realize things were so rough for you. And I thought the winds carried all the gossip on them. Huh, it's no wonder you wanted to get out. I'm sorry about that, I really can't believe things were so bad..."

Aha. An idea strikes, not a perfect solution, but a workable one.

"Well, if you do want to try and catch this guy, I did just hand over some information to this man here," she says, gesturing to Spark once more. "It's everything I had. I made him pay good money for it, but since I'm trying to help you out, I guess I could give back... say, thirty? Yeah, here, have thirty of your coins back. If you go with him, the two of you could work together. I'm sure he could use some muscle to back him up, and, if I remember right, you aren't lacking in power."

Annie Eilenberg

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Hmmm. With the way that Aya's suddenly apologetic... Tenshi's still suspicious. If you knew Aya well enough, you knew she always had an angle.

But still. See where this is going, then act.

"Right, right. Well, if you can do something about it, I'll appreciate that. Send some articles back home to patch the damage, that kind of shit."

You have to give Tenshi credit for her poker face, though. That bit about muscle and power doesn't get an outward reaction, even as internally, Tenshi wonders how much Aya knows and how much that might be needling her. As a result, Aya's deflection goes unnoticed as Tenshi turns to Spark.

"...Sounds like a plan, honestly. So, you! Weird toothbrush guy! You want me to help you run this fucker outta town?"