Longform Roleplay

Tressa Colzione

You got more than you bargained for!
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
With the Big Five having the chance to start their money-earning plan, each of them naturally wants to be the face of the group. However, they'd agreed beforehand that Johnson's history in the legal profession made him the most suited for this particular type of interaction. He straightens up, looking spiffy.

"Yes, don't worry. I'm quite familiar with this city and its various outlets."

If by familiar you mean looked at a map and memorized a few notable places that people might go to. Luckily, an electronics megastore run by Gadd Science Inc. was one of the standout locations, and considering what Gadd's range was, this should carry what they're looking for.

"I charge a small fee for information, but I'll give you the first bit free of charge - there's a Gadd megastore in the city.

Fifteen coins gets you directions. Another fifteen, and I'll be happy to show you the way personally! An easy deal in a city as big as Neo Bowser, isn't it?"

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
--Boom Boom Bar--
*Ray Trace frowned again in the menu. What was the special, huh? It looked like an inky black liquid, didn't it? It looked...indigestible for him, and very bizarre. Did they really drank from a Blooper in this bar? What kind of place is this?*

*Only one thing in mind right now.*

Ray Trace (pointing to the Blooper Ink Escapade special drink): I would like to have...this menu item.

Carbloopate: Oh. That's the Blooper Ink Escapade. Our specialty here. Uh, my specialty in fact.

Ray Trace (smiling): Yes. I'll take it.

*While Carbloopate was off making this specialty drink, Ray Trace sat there, waiting, and became lost in his own thoughts. So much things have happened for the past few weeks that even he didn't fully understand what exactly went on. Everything that occurred to him, it was like a blur. Yet all of that was very impactful and it did change the course of his life, as well as the rest of his co-workers he had grown to know and love as if they were his family. Now, they were separated and couldn't communicate with each other, and that was that. Ray Trace had to make it out for himself in this city, and that meant without the company of his old friends. Even if some of his old friends didn't even like him all that much.*

*While Ray Trace was off reminiscing about the recent events, he didn't realize he was being observed by a hidden watcher. This guy looked familiar. Why, it's that Russian idiot. The one who always boasts about himself, always makes himself known, always makes everything a huge deal of himself. This hidden observer thought to himself, he would reel him in easily.*

Fujiwara no Sai

Ghost of a man
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Neo Bowser City - Reznor Street

So, to acquire the information we needed, we were looking at a 15 coin expense minimum. What was this strangely-voiced kid thinking? That coins were just randomly found in the open? Ridiculous!

Then again, there really wasn't much else we could do at the time, other than continue to try our luck scouting out random road turns, and I had enough of that. Also, it wasn't gonna be my money getting wasted, and Lakitu was planning to drop a vastly larger sum of money on his think phone later anyway, so who would care about the additional small change?

wackstation_y.png
Pay the man, Lakitu. But keep it at 15; we can figure out the rest ourselves.
wackstation_l.png
Well, ok then.
wackstation_y.png
But young man, know that if your directions turn out to be bogus, I'll come back and eat you.

I kept eyeing the shifty youngster while Lakitu sifted through his cloud's various pockets. Shooting a side glance at my companion, I could see his vacant smiling expression turn to a worried frown, and eventually settling on a panicked grimace. Then, with his teeth clenched into a nervous smile, he turned to me and spoke.

wackstation_l.png
You're going to think this is really funny!
wackstation_y.png
I somehow doubt that immensely.
wackstation_l.png
After looking through my stuff, it has occurred to me that it MIGHT be possible, potentially, that, in a way... uhm... ha ha ha
wackstation_y.png
Spit it out!
wackstation_l.png
...I left my wallet on the train.

I blinked. Once. Twice. Fifty-three times.

wackstation_y.png
You left your wallet?
wackstation_l.png
...on the train!
wackstation_y.png
And... all the money?
wackstation_l.png
...is in the wallet!
wackstation_y.png
And our train ticket?
wackstation_l.png
...in the wallet!
wackstation_y.png
Our IDs?
wackstation_l.png
...wallet!
wackstation_y.png
My phone?
wackstation_l.png
...in the bag with the wallet!
wackstation_y.png
Okay, what about the tennis racket I hit you with whenever you make me unbelievably mad?
wackstation_l.png
Well, that one is still with me, but I'm obviously not going to give you that right now.

For a moment, I pondered whether strangling myself with my own tongue would make me black out fast enough to get out of this situation with just enough short-term memory loss to forget it ever happened. But I decided to go with the less risky approach and turned back towards the man who proposed the deal earlier.

wackstation_y.png
Would you consider taking something other than money? We could work out a deal. Give you an item. Something like that? I have a lakitu I could sell into indentured servitude.
wackstation_l.png
Wait, what?
wackstation_y.png
I'm kidding.

I wasn't kidding.

Tressa Colzione

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
The Big Five have an internal debate. On the outside, this looks like Tristan has closed his eyes and is thinking it over. On the inside...

"Well, gentlemen? What do we think?"

"We're in this for money. What good is some sort of commitment going to do?"

"On the other hand, we're short on all resources, not just coins. If we can get something useful out of him, it'll be more than enough. Especially depending on what we can play that item into."

"I wouldn't recommend trying to scam him, either. The Lakitu would be easy to fleece, but the Yoshi... I can tell when someone would be more trouble than they're worth in that regard."

"It sounds like we've got a deal!"

Opening his eyes, Tristan speaks - with a different voice. He's intentionally acting like it's nothing special, not even acknowledging the voice change unless it's brought up to him first.

"Well, gentlemen, if you can't pay with coins, then that sounds like a fair exchange. Item for information. It's your lucky day - you're not even that far! It's a long walk, but you'll only have to make a couple of turns."

"Head down Reznor Street until you reach Ludwig Circle. On the east side from where you enter the circle, there's a spot where two streets both intersect with the circle and each other. If you take the south one and head about ten blocks, you'll be right outside the Gadd megastore."

"Now, what do you have on offer?"

Ray Trace

--Boom Boom Bar--
*The drink was delivered, and Ray Trace took a look at it. It looked a bit sticky, but it didn't matter to him. He was Ray Trace. Bravest and most daring of them all. He took a big gulp of this particular cocktail. The contents of the cocktail were slightly viscous and it did feel like it stuck to the back of his throat and had trouble swallowing, but aside from that, it was a perfect blend of an assortment of tropical fruits, sweetness, cream, and a touch of that hard, distilled liquor taste that Ray Trace enjoyed from a good vodka cocktail, and an unknown ingredient that Ray Trace must have guessed was the ink, which added a unique complexity to the beverage Ray Trace never tasted of before. All in all, he enjoyed it.*

*Ray Trace didn't know he would have a companion waiting for him. A character that looked like the Yellow Sprixie Princess from the Sprixie Kingdom came and sat right next to him. She gave him an enhancing glance, and Ray Trace suddenly wanted to know more about her.*

Yellow Sprixie Princess: It must have take good guts for you to drink all of that stuff down, don't you think?

*Ray Trace coughed. Not just because of the drink; he found it a bit hard to socialize with someone who looked this pretty and talked to him like that.*

Ray Trace: Well, it tastes good. Even if it DID come from a Blooper.

Yellow Sprixie Princess: I can't get myself to order a thing. Looks too disgusting if you ask me. Besides, I don't drink.

Ray Trace: No judgement on ya! I don't drink often anyway. It's just that...well...things I suppose.

Yellow Sprixie Princess: Must be hard adapting to a city where everyone sees you as a small little kid when that's opposite from the truth, huh?

Ray Trace: That's okay. I'm used to it. I like people who gawk at me funny. I get a lot of attention that way.

*Ray Trace stupidly grinned at his companion, who appeared to be charmed by it.*

Yellow Sprixie Princess: What's your name anyway? You're pretty cute.

*Ray Trace blushed.*

Ray Trace: Ray Trace...........bravest, strongest, smartest, tallest, and most handsome person in town.

Yellow Sprixie Princess: A good name to go for a good person. And your accent is beautiful too.

Ray Trace (flattered): Why...thank you.

*Something inside Ray Trace told him that this interaction seemed a bit fishy. And Ray Trace told that something to shut up.*

Fujiwara no Sai

Ghost of a man
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff

I looked the curious youth over once more, absorbed into my own headspace too much to even register the sudden change of voice. This deal was kind of a hassle, and we already got the information we were looking for. Would it be wiser to just apply the law of the wild and knock him out? I played the fight out in my head and mulled over how likely it was we could take him.

Looking at our situation, I had no eggs at the moment and my last meal was three hours ago, meaning I wouldn't be able to create more. Likewise, while I had threatened him with it earlier, I didn't really want to eat him; that hair spike looked too uncomfortable. Compounding on that, I was in sub-optimal shape from the train ride and the walk here, and I didn't know what this guy was capable of. He might have a voice that gives him super strength for all I knew...

We excused ourselves for a moment and walked a few steps away to discuss the matter in private; still well within his sight, but out of earshot.

wackstation_y.png
I don't want to fight this guy right now, so we better just play this deal straight and get going to the store.
wackstation_l.png
Uh... actually, if we don't have any money, is there even still a point to going to that store?
wackstation_y.png
They might have a phone we can use. We can tell them a sob story and I'm sure they'll let us call someone for free if we look pathetic enough.
wackstation_l.png
You're looking at me while you say that last part.
wackstation_y.png
Anyway, what can we give this guy to get him off our backs?
wackstation_l.png
I have a fishing rod and a tennis racket.
wackstation_y.png
Those aren't worth 15 coins; not even combined.
wackstation_l.png
You could give him your shoes? They're kinda stylish, maybe?
wackstation_y.png
I'm not taking off my shoes! They'll arrest me for public nudity! Besides, this is your fault, so obviously we're going to part with one of your things!
wackstation_l.png
Uhh... I guess I have a degree in liberal arts? The diploma wasn't in the wallet, luckily.
wackstation_y.png
That seems kind of pointless, but I guess we could offer it up and maybe he'll go for it.
wackstation_l.png
Uhm...
wackstation_y.png
What about your cloud?
wackstation_l.png
I mean I guess? But he's not a lakitu; it's not gonna work right for him. These clouds evaporate after like, half a minute of use if you aren't trained to fly them correctly.
wackstation_y.png
And the camera you're holding?
wackstation_l.png
N-no way! This was my mother's camera! It's a sacred heirloom passed down for ten generations!
wackstation_y.png
That thing looks way too modern to be ten generations old.
wackstation_l.png
...ok fine, I bought it last week for this trip. But it was way more expensive than 15 coins!
wackstation_y.png
Oh all right already. We'll forget about the camera.

With that, we turned our attention back to the odd-voiced youth. I laid the choice out for him: A major degree in liberal arts, or a magical flying cloud. I neglected to mention the stipulation with the time limit for the moment.

Ray Trace

--Boom Boom Bar--
*Ray Trace was done with his drink, and he decided that what he had was enough for tonight. He didn't want to get wasted, he wasn't exactly in the mood for it anyway. He wanted his mind to be clear and sharp still, for there were potential dangers still lurking around this city.*

Yellow Sprixie Princess: Say, I was wondering if you want to head over to my place tonight? You know, just you and me.

Ray Trace: Who exactly are you anyway? I haven't asked for your name yet.

Yellow Sprixie Princess: I'm a Yellow Sprixie Princess, one of the many princesses from the Sprixie Kingdom. We rule the land, but right now, I'm stationed here, visiting what this city has to offer.

*The Yellow Sprixie Princess got up from her chair and started to leave. Ray Trace paid a generous tip to Carbloopate, and then followed the Yellow Sprixie Princess.*

Ray Trace: Your place? Hm. Where do you live?

Yellow Sprixie Princess: Follow me.

*The Yellow Sprixie Princess beckoned Ray Trace over to her. While her back was turned, she had a sinister look about her face that Ray Trace didn't see. This was going to be too easy, she thought. This guy was clearly too enamored with her to notice anything going on, even if she had to ad lib quite a bit of information about herself. She knew that disposing of the Protectors wouldn't be easy as they weren't all as stupid as this guy was, but if she got him down, he would at least be out of the way first.*

Yellow Sprixie Princess: We're going to go down this alley, down this path. It's the closest way to home.

*Ray Trace followed her down a dark alley. Instinctively, Ray Trace pulled out his energy blades. This shocked the Yellow Sprixie Princess quite a bit.*

Ray Trace: It's pretty dark here. I need to see properly, see?

*Ray Trace was holding up his glowing, yellow energy blades while grinning. The Yellow Sprixie Princess did not like how the blades looked. She has heard all about the blades the Protectors used, and they were lethal, nearly unbreakable, and efficient. Even during these times, a Protector, ex or not, always carried these around and they always helped whenever in a pinch. She needed to keep her cool and act natural if her plan was to succeed.*

Yellow Sprixie Princess: Whoa? Where did you get those blades from? They're...nice, I guess.

Ray Trace: Oh. Well, it was part of my former occupation. Can't say much about it other than that I always carry it around, and I always light up places with these. They look pretty, don't they? I had a pretty great job...until.......things happened.

Yellow Sprixie Princess: Things. Yeah, I understand.

Ray Trace: Great weapon too, you know? Ha! No one would would want to attack us while we're in this alley, not with my weapons out in full beautiful display! Come on, someone should attack me now, so I can show my amazing powers to you!

Yellow Sprixie Princess: I...I think it's best we don't draw too much attention to ourselves. We should make it home in one piece after all...

Ray Trace: Awwww, but I like being in multiple pieces! It makes things so much more fun, if you know what I'm saying!

Yellow Sprixie Princess: Well, you're going to get an opportunity for a battle, don't worry...

Tressa Colzione

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
"Allow me to consider this for a minute."

Inside the mindspace of the Big Five once again...

"...I must admit, I overestimated what valuables someone new to the city would have."

"Next time, we get his items, then give the information!"

"I do understand your offering the information, Leichter. We'll need a positive reputation in the future."

"But about the item! What do we take? A degree in liberal arts won't get us anywhere!"

"On the other hand, a magical flying cloud sounds useful, but situational. Perhaps we could then upsell it."

"True. It's settled, then."

Once again, after he finishes evaluating, his voice changes, as Gansley decides to complete the negotiation.

"Very well, I'll take the cloud and be on my way. Please enjoy Neo Bowser City and all it has to offer, gentlemen."

Fujiwara no Sai

Ghost of a man
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff

And with that, the transaction was complete. We said our goodbyes and thank yous, Lakitu (reluctantly) parted with his cloud, and we went on our not-so-merry way. Hopefully the directions were sound and we would not get lost again. I walked ahead as my companion lagged behind. Significantly so, actually. It was getting quite ridiculous.

"Are you going to keep up? I'd like to get to that store before the sun sets!", I yelled to him as he finally came hobbling around a corner I had passed twelve minutes ago. His legs were unsteady and wobbled like an over-excitable tub of jello at a thwomp's sweet sixteen birthday party.

"Walking... is... more difficult... than I... remembered", he wheezed while leaning against a stop sign, which promptly squeaked in protest and bent over by 30 degrees. "I haven't used my legs... this much... since I was five!" He took three more weakly steps towards me before collapsing and falling flat onto his stomach like a sidewalk pancake. "Go on without me! I will always... cherish... our friendship..."

Then his head slumped over and silence fell, only undercut by the soft gurgle of a man lying face-down in a puddle of his own sweat. I sighed heavily.

wackstation2.png

Chestnut Mall exterior

We eventually managed to arrive at the location that was described to us. This was a rather large building that housed multiple stores on four different levels.

"Thinking about it now, when I still had my cloud I could have probably flown up and seen this building from the air.", Lakitu chimed in, but the rage overflow center in my brain had already activated and was filtering my auditory input, so all I heard was a pleasant sequence of nondescript tones and the words "Thank you Yoshi, your patience is appreciated". All I was concerned with at this poin was finding that store.

We stepped inside the mall lobby and my mood improved somewhat. The place smelled much better than the streets and the station, and the cool blow from the air conditioning was a refreshing change to the oppressive city air outside. Plus, I could even see some people selling food, and edible things happened to be my favorite comfort snack. Would be nice if I could have, you know, actually AFFORDED any of that, but I take whatever happiness I can get.

After a bit of searching, we found the electronics store that was referred to us on the second level.

wackstation3.png

"L is real 2401 Electronics", I read off the storefront sign, "That's an odd name for a store"

"Yeah, you'd think they could come up with something that flows a bit better"

AwdryFan1997

All lives can't matter until Black Lives Matter.
--A Dark Alleyway Somewhere--
*Lightning strikes upon a metal rubbish bin in a dark alleyway. Seconds later, emerging from the trash is Newman, directly following his extremely brief disappearance in Car Wash. On his second stop on his multidimensional journey, Newman has arrived here, now crawling out of the tipped-over bin on his way to advertise his home universe to potential interlopers.*

Newman: Alright, attempt number two, this time I WON'T be bombed to death.

*Suddenly, as a highlight of my unoriginality, the FBI Director J. Edgar Freetoader appears.*

J. Edgar Freetoader: Hey! You're coming with us!

*Newman is seized by FBI Toads and dragged away. He is shoved in a limosuine, which drives away.*

J. Edgar Freetoader: Alright, bud. Spill your guts...

*The FBI Toads turn their guns towards Newman.*

J. Edgar Freetoader: ...before I spill 'em for ya.

Newman: You guys remind me of my creators...

J. Edgar Freetoader: Creators?

Newman: They were killed by someone from the previous dimension I was in. Now then... What's that?

*They don't even turn around to look. That being said, the limo crashes. The resulting pile-up is catastrophic. Newman crawls out, severely injured.*

Newman: Ow...

*J. Edgar Freetoader also gets out as the only FBI Toad to survive the accident. He is worse off than Newman.*

J. Edgar Freetoader: I'll... make you... pay...

*Newman stumbles off, badly hurt.*

Sayaka Kanamori

Don't waste effort on more words than you need.
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
He saw a strange bird girl. From all his years as a journalist, he recognized her, Aya Shameimaru. A journalist who loved to swindle people. Still, she was skilled at finding obscure information. The chances of her knowing something about Trent Coats, especially if he was indeed in the city, was high.

""Journalist sure that fellow journalist knows about Trent Coats, master criminal, willing to pay for info!" end quote".

Aya eyes the new arrival, skeptical of this apparent competition. She didn't exactly want other journalists slinking around the city she was already covering, especially if there was any chance that those journalists held themselves to a higher standard than she did. She didn't need to be run out of yet another city for being exposed as a fraud of a reporter! Her opinion of the man dips even further as soon as she hears him speak. Who in the world spoke in headlines?

Still, among all the lies and exaggerations, Aya did have the occasional bit of valuable info, being more willing than others to resort to unorthodox and questionable means to obtain it. People would pay good sums for her info, and Brushel was clearly willing to pay up. Not aware that Brushel knows anything about her beyond the fact that she's a journalist, she approaches, putting on a kind, welcoming act.

"Oh, another journalist? You must be new to the city! I haven't had the pleasure of seeing you around before. You're looking for information Trent Coats, you say?" Aya pauses, feigning concern, as if she's thinking deeply about something troubling. When she again looks up to address the man, she speaks in a hushed tone, trying to sell her acting as a genuine fear. "You know it's dangerous to go around talking about Trent Coats, don't you? He has agents everywhere in the city. I hear he's wormed his way into the social world of a criminal empire. We lost a good journalist just earlier this year. They ruled it an accidental death, but it was clear as day that there was foul play involved, and he was getting so close to a big discovery about Coats, too," she lies, spinning the yarn out of thin air with ease.

"It's a real risk. I mean, sure, I know something about him, but I don't know that I want to be caught spilling info on that guy. But... if it helps bring him in, I guess I might be able to help you. You know what they say, though. You need a high reward to justify a high risk. I can't just put a target on my back without something good in return, if you get what I mean. So let me ask you a question of my own. Why the interest? Why do you want to go after Coats? And how, ahem, important," she rubs her fingers together, making a sign widely recognized to relate to cash, "important is it to you?"

Roserade

The Fool
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
*Wellington found himself at the door of Misham's Mysteries, his burlap bag of $800,000 tucked under his arm. The rest of his afternoon had been fairly uneventful; after backing in terror out of the situation with Coats, he had driven in the general direction of the Four Seasons New Bowser City, until Kanamori finally begrudgingly gave him directions in exchange for the cash. The drive back was rather calm, save for the moment he almost hit a Pegasus of all things, and 98.5 The Shell was really nailing it with their song selections today. A day where unbelievable expenses were tucked under his arm and where he got to belt "Dancing King" by BABA at the top of his lungs, all to the dismay of some snarky girl he had just met? Truly, who could ask for something more.

Still, there were other matters to attend to. So when the unlikely duo arrived back at the Four Seasons, Wellington let Kanamori depart with her $200,000, while he drove his dazzling automobile around to the back of the hotel, parking in an angle so that nobody could see it from the main street. Admittedly, he was still rather frazzled by the exchange, but this location was perfect for any sort of espionage. There's no way any goons would look for him here. Wellington combed his hair once, twice in the mirror, then put on a refreshing spritz of cologne on his neck. All it took was a few minutes stroll north, and there was Misham's Mysteries.

Wellington squints at the "We're Closed" sign in equal parts confusion and bemusement. He steps up to the front door, trying the doorknob but finding it to be locked. He bangs his entire palm against the window.*

wellington-nromal(b).gif
Wellington
Misham, you old paint-covered paper bag of a man, what on Earth are you doing in there? Your shop is closed already? For Ernest's sake, it's hardly past 4:00 PM! You're going to deprive yourself of wonderful business! Open this door at once!

wellington-shrug.gif
Wellington
I wish to speak with you, at least as briefly as my extraordinarily expansive vocabulary will allow.

Doomhiker

Bob-omb
Wiki Patroller
Core 'Shroom Staff

Spark listened to what the bird had to say. She was infamous for lying and spreading false information. Unfortunately, Spark wan't good a detecting lies and he could tell that she was the type already skilled at lying. However, he had a hunch that she had some legitimate info, even if a push, or cash, was needed. He was more than willing to take whatever risk was needed to get his scoop. He proceeded to answer her questions.

""Big scoop on Coasts nets BIG reward" end quote." Spark explained that the local police would give a large reward for any evidence against Coats. Up to ten thousand coins, depending on the quality and usefulness of the evidence. Not to mention a big scoop on him could be sold to papers for a lot of money.

""Journalist willing to cut a deal!" end quote. If a get that scoop and that bounty, I'll give you a quarter of my winnings! What a deal! Tell you what, I'll even give you 75 coins for just giving me the info, even if I don't get that scoop."

Vera Misham

Ace Artist
For a brief time, Misham had been sitting peacefully, working slowly on his painting, finally getting into the groove of things after overcoming his common issue of artist's block. Just as he was painting another line, he was startled by a loud thump against his window, and he found that his painting now had a line that he had accidentally plastered across it. Annoyed that his work of art had been compromised, Misham turned to see the source of the commotion. Richard Wellington. Truth be told, Misham had connections with the Wellington family and had known the boy when he was younger, but these days he seemed to have fallen in with the wrong crowd, and now he seemed nothing more than a shady business associate. Misham entertained the idea of leaving him out there and returning to his painting, but ultimately relented, opening the door and greeting him.

"Can't you see I'm closed, Richie? What's so important that you needed to make such a racket?"

Roserade

The Fool
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
*Wellington looks appalled at the address, a hand placed right over his heart.*

wellington-mad(b).gif
Wellington
I've told you already, you third-rate geezer! Nobody calls me Richie anymore! It's Richard! Richard Wellington, the name of the most esteemed student to ever grace the streets of Neo Bowser City!!

wellington-shrug.gif
Wellington
...*ahem*

wellington-nromal(b).gif
Wellington
My apologies, Misham, my dear friend, I did not mean to yell. I'm simply a little wound up at the moment, that's all. A lot of tension on my shoulders this evening. Now then, I have something for you to see.

*Wellington reaches his left arm back, before tossing the bag of cash past Misham into his store, knocking over an antique rocking horse in the process. Out spills hundreds of green dollar bills, each one with a grinning face on the front.

Wellington takes another step towards Misham, his grin emitted a visible smugness.*

wellington-nromal(b).gif
Wellington
Impressive, isn't it, Misham? Sitting right tight in that beautiful bag is 800,000 US dollars. Once we convert that into coins, you could be the richest man this side of Four Seasons. You could practically own a whole corner block of Neo Bowser City. You could finally move yourself into a better home than this heap of a store, give yourself a room for your studio, a suite for your daughter...

wellington-shrug.gif
Wellington
Of course, you and I are both aware that I am the freshest, bestest face of business in this damned town, so I can't give you the money for nothing. If you let me inside, perhaps we could strike a deal? A little you help me, I help you kind of negotiation. Kapeesh? Otherwise, I can just swipe up that green gold and walk right out of here...

Vera Misham

Ace Artist
"Hrmph, the 'freshest, bestest face of businiess', eh? Well, a word of warning, Richard... if you want to do business with us 'third-rate geezers', you'd better learn to watch your mouth! Act that way around the wrong person and you'll find yourself the freshest smudge along the gutter..."

Misham let out a sigh, and then motioned to Wellington to enter. As he did this, he looked at the bag of money. $800,000? Where would Richard even get that kind of money? Shady business, no doubt. He'd have to ascertain the origin of this money... large amounts of cash were no good if they came from the wrong source.

"That's a lot of cash you've amassed for yourself there... with that much, you'd almost be able to buy everything I have in stock... what is it you want from me? And how'd you get so much money in one place? You've never quite been a diligent saver when it comes to money..."

Ran Mitake

Afterglow's Frontwoman
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
(As Ran and her parents enter the hotel lobby, a Koopa dressed as a bellhop takes their luggage and puts it on a trolley. A Toad behind the front desk hands her father a key for their hotel room – number 554. Seeing as she has not had time to speak to her friends since her arrival, she takes out her phone and begins to call some of them, beginning with Moca Aoba, one of her childhood friends and guitarist for Afterglow. Moca, upon hearing her phone ringing, wakes up from her nap and answers the phone.)

Moca: (dazed) Hello?

Ran: Hey, Moca-chan. I just wanted to let you know I made it.

Moca: Oh, that’s wonderful. Hope to see you soon.

(Moca hangs up and goes back to sleep. Her call done, Ran puts the phone away and follows her parents into the elevator.)

Tressa Colzione

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
In the lobby of the Four Seasons Neo Bowser...

"Alright, let's see. What kind of rates do we have going on?"

Indeed, it's Tenshi Hinanawi. Having finished flying the Pegasus for Koops, she'd moved to the next important task - finding where she was, and what she could do here. She'd been kicked out of where she was without any warning or preparation, after all. Told to make her way in the world without any resources, in order to prove herself. According to the people who kicked her out, it was an opportunity to prove herself as more than someone just coasting on her home's resources!

According to Tenshi, this was "fucking bullshit."

"Holy everloving fuck this place is expensive. This is what luxury commands? Goddamn!"

She's currently flipping through a book of hotel rates. Looks like she's not used to this.

Vera Misham

Ace Artist
As Ran and her family get into the elevator, a small girls comes running over and jumps in just before the elevator closes. The girl is wearing a rather strange getup, what with her cape and hat. She looks a bit like a pint-sized magician.

"Hee hee! Just made it!"

The little girl smiles with glee, before reaching up for the elevator buttons. With a slight jump, she manages to nab the one for the highest floor in the hotel. Her destination set, she turns around and notices Ran and her family. With a beaming smile, she addresses Ran.

"Hi! I'm going upstairs so I can go on the roof and look over the city. What are you doing here?"

Ran Mitake

Afterglow's Frontwoman
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
(Ran notices the small girl standing near her in the elevator, but does not turn to face her.)

Ran: ...Nothing, really. The same as always. Don't mind my parents, they're just here for something unrelated.

(Though she is not used to company, deep down, she knows she does not want to disappoint the unknown child, as all her old friends are too far away and this could be a once-in-a-lifetime meeting.)

Ran: Really, it's... times like this that I, uh,... I just want to be alone, you know?

Last edited:

Ray Trace

*The two characters being with each other were by themselves in a dark alley. The Yellow Sprixie Princess made sure no one was around to witness the operation she planned to carry out under the orders of her master. Ray Trace was an idiot and it clearly shows. He seemed oblivious to his surroundings around him, carrying a rather dumb facial expression. All he was thinking about is all of the plans he wanted to do at the Sprixie Princess's house. Maybe he could convince her that HE could be the one to rule over a part of the Sprixie Kingdom that she ruled; he believed he would make an efficient ruler due to his superior intelligence, strength, good-looks, and...well everything about him was fit for the job. He crossed his fingers and hoped that the Sprixie Princess didn't rule over a desert. Unfortunately for him, the Yellow Sprixie Princess DID rule over a desert, but even she didn't know that.*

*However, to the Yellow Sprixie Princess's disadvantage, Ray Trace was a Protector. And even if he wasn't the biggest Matryoshka doll of the bunch, he could still hide his feelings of suspicion pretty well.*

*So when the Yellow Sprixie Princess instantly took out what appears to be a giant hammer with what appears to be a Sleepy Sheep on it, Ray Trace's Protector reflexes kicked in and gave her a good old punch in the face, combined with a slice of his sword. Even though Ray Trace didn't have any sort of thought of socking his future girlfriend in the face.*

*The Yellow Sprixie Princess vanished in a poof of smoke, revealing her true form. A Duplighost. This Duplighost was colored black, though she (now identified as a "he"'; this particular Duplighost enjoys both masculine and feminine forms and has no problems being referred to as either gender) had no further special outfits that separates him from a regular Duplighost. Why would him? Duplighosts can shift into whatever form they like.*

*The Duplighost realized that his disguise was gone and clutched onto his mallet, ready to strike again, though quite injured. Ray Trace was dumbstruck and highly disappointed. His future boyfriend/girlfriend was just a stupid ghost in sheets, and that was something he didn't find attractive. If the ghost turned into something more attractive, perhaps his opinion would change again. Maybe next time, the Duplighost should turn into a handsome man, that would be more palatable for Ray Trace.*

*The Duplighost charged at Ray Trace again, desperate to get a hit in, but Ray Trace expertly dodged it.*

Ray Trace: Your plans of whatever that was is over. I'm going to fight you now. That was a pretty good disguise if I do say so myself.

Duplighost: It's not a good disguise. You're just an idiot.

Ray Trace: Why are you even attacking me anyway? What did I do wrong? I thought things were going pretty well, we might have even been friends, if you didn't decide to outright knock me out with that hammer of yours out of nowhere.

*The Duplighost did not reply to this rather tepid dialogue and continued to attack Ray Trace.*

*Ray Trace then thought, this fight is taking place incognito in this alley, and in case he DOES get outwitted by this opponent (he had no idea of his opponent's total strength), he want there to be witnesses that could potentially help him out.*

*Ray Trace suddenly stopped fighting and then made a run for it, into a more populated area. The Duplighost, determined not to let his prey get away, started to pursue to Ray Trace.*

*Ray Trace was being Ray Chased.*

Vera Misham

Ace Artist
(Ran notices the small girl standing near her in the elevator, but does not turn to face her.)

Ran: ...Nothing, really. The same as always. Don't mind my parents, they're just here for something unrelated.

(Though she is not used to company, deep down, she knows she does not want to disappoint the unknown child, as all her old friends are too far away and this could be a once-in-a-lifetime meeting.)

Ran: Really, it's... times like this that I, uh,... I just want to be alone, you know?
"Oh, I get it! Your parents dragged you along on a business trip and now you're feeling sad about it. My daddy does that too... it's always about something really boring, so I used to just sit in the hotel bored all day. But recently I decided to practice my magic tricks instead!"

"...Would you like to see one?"

Shaggy Rogers

Like, Zoinks, Scoob!
*The two characters being with each other were by themselves in a dark alley. The Yellow Sprixie Princess made sure no one was around to witness the operation she planned to carry out under the orders of her master. Ray Trace was an idiot and it clearly shows. He seemed oblivious to his surroundings around him, carrying a rather dumb facial expression. All he was thinking about is all of the plans he wanted to do at the Sprixie Princess's house. Maybe he could convince her that HE could be the one to rule over a part of the Sprixie Kingdom that she ruled; he believed he would make an efficient ruler due to his superior intelligence, strength, good-looks, and...well everything about him was fit for the job. He crossed his fingers and hoped that the Sprixie Princess didn't rule over a desert. Unfortunately for him, the Yellow Sprixie Princess DID rule over a desert, but even she didn't know that.*

*However, to the Yellow Sprixie Princess's disadvantage, Ray Trace was a Protector. And even if he wasn't the biggest Matryoshka doll of the bunch, he could still hide his feelings of suspicion pretty well.*

*So when the Yellow Sprixie Princess instantly took out what appears to be a giant hammer with what appears to be a Sleepy Sheep on it, Ray Trace's Protector reflexes kicked in and gave her a good old punch in the face, combined with a slice of his sword. Even though Ray Trace didn't have any sort of thought of socking his future girlfriend in the face.*

*The Yellow Sprixie Princess vanished in a poof of smoke, revealing her true form. A Duplighost. This Duplighost was colored black, though she (now identified as a "he"'; this particular Duplighost enjoys both masculine and feminine forms and has no problems being referred to as either gender) had no further special outfits that separates him from a regular Duplighost. Why would him? Duplighosts can shift into whatever form they like.*

*The Duplighost realized that his disguise was gone and clutched onto his mallet, ready to strike again, though quite injured. Ray Trace was dumbstruck and highly disappointed. His future boyfriend/girlfriend was just a stupid ghost in sheets, and that was something he didn't find attractive. If the ghost turned into something more attractive, perhaps his opinion would change again. Maybe next time, the Duplighost should turn into a handsome man, that would be more palatable for Ray Trace.*

*The Duplighost charged at Ray Trace again, desperate to get a hit in, but Ray Trace expertly dodged it.*

Ray Trace: Your plans of whatever that was is over. I'm going to fight you now. That was a pretty good disguise if I do say so myself.

Duplighost: It's not a good disguise. You're just an idiot.

Ray Trace: Why are you even attacking me anyway? What did I do wrong? I thought things were going pretty well, we might have even been friends, if you didn't decide to outright knock me out with that hammer of yours out of nowhere.

*The Duplighost did not reply to this rather tepid dialogue and continued to attack Ray Trace.*

*Ray Trace then thought, this fight is taking place incognito in this alley, and in case he DOES get outwitted by this opponent (he had no idea of his opponent's total strength), he want there to be witnesses that could potentially help him out.*

*Ray Trace suddenly stopped fighting and then made a run for it, into a more populated area. The Duplighost, determined not to let his prey get away, started to pursue to Ray Trace.*

*Ray Trace was being Ray Chased.*
*Car Wash Chroma (You know, the one from earlier), was standing there innocently when he saw Ray blow past*

Car Wash Chroma: R-Ray?!

*He started running after Ray*

Car Wash Chroma: Yo, Ray! Hold up!

-Meanwhile, at a nearby Target-

*Shaggy was doing his job as a stocker. Good benefits. $15 an hour, the Target Cafe to go to during lunch break. Not a bad gig.*

Ray Trace

*Car Wash Chroma (You know, the one from earlier), was standing there innocently when he saw Ray blow past*

Car Wash Chroma: R-Ray?!

*He started running after Ray*

Car Wash Chroma: Yo, Ray! Hold up!

-Meanwhile, at a nearby Target-

*Shaggy was doing his job as a stocker. Good benefits. $15 an hour, the Target Cafe to go to during lunch break. Not a bad gig.*
*However, it didn't seem like Ray Trace was being chased by anything, despite looking very fearful indeed. And..was that Chroma Key he just saw? ....well at least the Yellow Sprixie Princess turned out to be a fake otherwise he would have lots of 'splaining to do...*

*Ray Trace took a moment to catch his breath and looked around him. Where was his pursuer anyway? He was out in the public for sure, but he didn't know where he was. Neo Bowser City was still new to him, and of course, he didn't bother to learn the directions of the place. It's not like he can read the signs anyway.*

Tressa Colzione

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Shortly after her initial venture into the Four Seasons Neo Bowser, Tenshi had decided to give up on the place for now. It was, simply, expensive. She'd need a cheap hotel if she wanted to stay anywhere... not that she wanted a cheap hotel.

Or had the money for it.

So for that reason, Tenshi's gone out searching. A certain someone owed her for getting his pegasus somewhere.

"Shoulda asked for a number... god dammit. That's on me."