Longform Roleplay

Paper Yoshi the SSM

I'm Yoshi the Space Station Manager from the wiki.
*I am introducing 7 characters into this arc. 2 I used before. 5 that are new.*

Narrator Toad: "Hello? Is this thing on? Ok. Thanks. I got it."

Narrator Toad: "Hello. I am Narrator Toad. You may recognize me as the Narrator of the Mushroom Kingdom Car Wash Roleplay. I am here to be the Narrator here too. It is only for Yoshi the SSM's characters, though. You may also see me around Neo Bowser City."

Yoshi the SSM: "Oh. Wow! This is a cool place. I wonder what's all here."

Narrator Toad: "Up next is Yoshi the SSM. Also known as Yoshi the Racecar Driver (Red) or Yoshi the RDR. He is a Red Yoshi who specializes in racing, numbers, and helping others. He came to Neo Bowser City for this very reason."

Captain Paragoomba: "Pirate Paragoomba is a Pirate Paragoomba."

Narrator Toad: "Up next is Captain Paragoomba. Also known as Pirate Paragoomba. He is a Paragoomba who searches for treasure at Neo Bowser City. He jokes a lot and will never engage battle unless they are trying to get the same treasure as him.

Marty: "Another day at work."

Narrator Toad: "Up next is Marty the Hammer Bro. He is the oldest of three brothers who were separated at birth. He works at Neo Bowser City. His also likes doing Hammer Throw at the track sometimes.

Kasey: "Ow! Why you hit me."

Barry: "Sorry about that. Just practicing with the boomerang. It always returns."

Narrator Toad: "Up next is Barry the Boomerang Bro. He is the middle of three brothers who were separated at birth. He came here in search for his lost elder brother and specializes in boomerangs."

Kasey: "Well, be careful with it. In the meantime, I am here to search for a lost brother. I lost both brothers when I was young and I am the youngest. However, the eldest is the only one that I know the location about. I'm Kasey, by the way."

Narrator Toad: "Up next is Kasey the Fire Bro. He is the youngest of three brothers who were separated at birth. He came here in search for his lost eldest brother and specializes in fire."

Barry: "Oh. I am looking for my lost elder brother. I have a lost younger brother, but I don't know the location of him. I'm Barry."

Kasey: "Nice to meet you Barry. Oh look. A museum. Let's take a look there."

Russ T. after the two enter: "Hello, and welcome to Neo Bowser City Museum. I'm here to help you with knowledge of the stuff here."

Narrator Toad: "Lastly, Russ T. He is a Toad from Paper Mario, but his 3D version. He is an archeologist who came to Neo Bowser City to take care of a museum there and to look at the old stuff."

Ran Mitake

Afterglow's Frontwoman
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
(A bus pulls into Neo Bowser City, chock full of people drawn to its myriad opportunities to make a quick buck. Among them is the Mitake family, the masters of a flower-arrangement school which has existed for more than a century. While the parents are hopeful, their only daughter, Ran, is less than pleased at the prospect of coming here.)

Ran: Why did we have to come here again?

Ran's father: We already told you—we moved here because we're participating in a convention so we can hopefully pick up new students.

Ran: Okay. That's great, I guess.

(Ran wasn't exactly a big fan of her parents' school. While she helped out a fair amount, and she valued spending time with her folks, she didn't want to inherit the school, instead choosing to spend time with her friends since childhood. In fact, that was the main reason she formed her all-girl band, Afterglow, alongside her childhood friends, and part of the reason why she dyed a lock of her hair bright red. Still, she knew that she needed to come along with her parents on this trip.)

(The bus comes to a stop in front of the hotel where Ran's family will be staying, the Four Seasons Neo Bowser City. While her mother and her father grab their suitcases from the luggage rack, Ran picks up a guitar case, which has been at her feet for the entirety of the bus ride. They disembark and head into the hotel courtyard, admiring the ornate fountain there before entering the hotel proper.)

Alex95

NIWA Nut
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Narrator Toad: "Hello. I am Narrator Toad. You may recognize me as the Narrator of the Mushroom Kingdom Car Wash Roleplay. I am here to be the Narrator here too. It is only for Yoshi the SSM's characters, though. You may also see me around Neo Bowser City."
Stephan_1.png
???:
"Neo Bowser City? I've heard of Bowser before, but I didn't know he owned a city. If what I know about Bowser is true, this place could be dangerous. Gotta find my way home, soon..."

The boy walks around the city for some time, on edge with his sword and shield in hand. He eventually makes his way into a shop.

???:
"At least you can always recognize a shop no matter where you go. Anyone here? I'm looking for... information, I guess."

Vera Misham

Ace Artist
In a small shop, located in a shady side-street, a man sits on a seat in front of an empty canvas. In fact, the man had been sitting here for the past few hours. This was where he liked to sit while there were no customers, since he could reflect in the quietness of the room, waiting for inspiration to strike. Unfortunately, like most days, he found himself drawing a blank.

As he sat and pondered, a young boy came into the room, bearing a sword and a shield. A rather unusual customer, but the man had seen stranger. There's all sorts of people here in Neo Bowser City, after all. The man sighed. The painting would have to wait. He stood up and walked behind the counter, greeting the young boy.

"Hello... welcome to Misham's Mysteries. We sell antiques and other interesting artifacts. We don't sell 'information' per se... but we do have some old books in the corner over there, if you're interested."

Alex95

NIWA Nut
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
The boy exhales as he sees a friendly face and puts away his sword and shield.
Stephan_1.png
???:
"Ah, hello. (It's a little odd seeing someone other than Pam run a shop.) My name is Stephan, I'm mainly just looking for information about this place. You could say I'm... new here. I guess history books would help with that. Maybe find a Magic Book or two while I'm here."

Stephan starts to walk to the bookcases, before he realizes what the store clerk said in full. He turns back and sets his hands on the counter.

Stephan:
"...Wait, you said artifacts? Perhaps one of these could be capable of... dimensional transportation?"

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
*Another customer sauntered inside the shop while Stephan was busy, He was dressed in a shady hood, covering his face. The peculiar thing about this customer was that he was very small, around Toad-sized, though he wasn't shaped like a Toad, as there was no distinct Toad cap on him. He wore purple clothing around him, and he had a large, round, protruding nose, but aside from that, his face was hidden. He browsed through the items of the shop, but he had a disdainful regard of the items on display. He took a book down the shelf and scoffed at what he saw inside of it, before aptly putting back and also taking a look at the assortment of objects on display. This shop contained nothing but junk, he thought. Just a bunch of mumbo-jumbo blah blah blah. He wasn't sure if he could steal the items and eventually scam people out of them, but he was told that the shopkeepers in this city had a particularly powerful tendency about them, and he wasn't going to be the one with a dead body on the news the next day. He knew that his former Commander wouldn't approve of his contemplation of his actions anyway; he wasn't necessarily bound by her at this point, but his time with her and her code of honor was powerful indeed and stuck with him.*

Koops

Koops, King of Cowards.
*Koops sighs, relieved that the child doesn't seem to have noticed anything. But he was still concerned about the emptiness of the answer.*

Koops: I dunno that's what I'm trying to find out. Alriiiiiiight! Aaaaanyway I gotta go now!

*He gestures for the Pegasus to let him ride him despite the kid's words. The Pegasus decides to hop backwards, in a desperate attempt not to let Koops ride him.*

Koops, whispering: Listen, you idiot, I don't have too many options here, alright? Need I remind you that this is also for your caretaker's sake? Man, if only my own horse could fly...

The Pegasus rolls its eyes at Koops and actually complies. Despite its stubbornness, it realizes the gravity of the situation

Koops: Alright now, how does this work again?

*A high-pitched yell is heard as the animal takes off once again, this time with extreme caution as to not get seen. Like that's ever gonna work*

Ray Trace

*Redshift watched the rider and the pegasus at first conflict with each other, and then take off. Despite what this person said and how much the pegasus was an uncooperative beast (and Redshift was inclined to agree with him after those rather rowdy impressions), watching the horse take off and fly was indeed majestic despite the owner clearly not having full control of the situation. He had hoped for the best for them, and wondered why they were in so much trouble. Perhaps he could talk about this encounter to his former Commander? It was ages since he talked to her, though he followed her strict instructions that they all avoid contact with each other and that they go into hiding. He desperately wanted to break those instructions, however.*

Vera Misham

Ace Artist
The boy exhales as he sees a friendly face and puts away his sword and shield.
???:
"Ah, hello. (It's a little odd seeing someone other than Pam run a shop.) My name is Stephan, I'm mainly just looking for information about this place. You could say I'm... new here. I guess history books would help with that. Maybe find a Magic Book or two while I'm here."

Stephan starts to walk to the bookcases, before he realizes what the store clerk said in full. He turns back and sets his hands on the counter.

Stephan:
"...Wait, you said artifacts? Perhaps one of these could be capable of... dimensional transportation?"
*Another customer sauntered inside the shop while Stephan was busy, He was dressed in a shady hood, covering his face. The peculiar thing about this customer was that he was very small, around Toad-sized, though he wasn't shaped like a Toad, as there was no distinct Toad cap on him. He wore purple clothing around him, and he had a large, round, protruding nose, but aside from that, his face was hidden. He browsed through the items of the shop, but he had a disdainful regard of the items on display. He took a book down the shelf and scoffed at what he saw inside of it, before aptly putting back and also taking a look at the assortment of objects on display. This shop contained nothing but junk, he thought. Just a bunch of mumbo-jumbo blah blah blah. He wasn't sure if he could steal the items and eventually scam people out of them, but he was told that the shopkeepers in this city had a particularly powerful tendency about them, and he wasn't going to be the one with a dead body on the news the next day. He knew that his former Commander wouldn't approve of his contemplation of his actions anyway; he wasn't necessarily bound by her at this point, but his time with her and her code of honor was powerful indeed and stuck with him.*
Misham looked wearily at the newcomer. Someone so small... perhaps it was a friend of his daughter? One of the local ruffian boys, here to play? But the way he was walking, the way he was hiding his face... Misham knew too well that this little man could be trouble. Nonetheless, he had another customer to focus on at the moment, so while keeping the little boy in the corner of his eye, he turned again to Stephan.

"Hrrm, dimensional transport, you say? Well, that's not part of what I regularly stock, but I'll have a look..."

Misham retreated through a door into his office, keeping any eye on the storefront from a one-way window in the door while he thought.

(Dimensional transport...? This kid really is weird... I've got all sorts of useless junk here, but that's a bit far-fetched, even for me.)
(But with that said... he looks like quite a capable young fellow... perhaps I could use this to my advantage...)

Misham reemerges from the room, and after looking to make sure the other customer hasn't taken anything, he addresses Stephen.

"You're in luck, young man. I believe I've found just the item you're looking for. It's an ancient wardrobe, crafted from the remains of a magical tree. Apparently it can lead you to all sorts of magical realms, full of elves and witches and whatnot."

"However, I must warn you, that such an item does not come cheaply... I'm sure you understand that it is profoundly valuable, both as an antique and as an... er, artifact. Indeed, I'd wager that the price will be quite steep, for someone like you... no offense intended, of course."

Misham begins to turn away, only to glance back at Stephen.

"Unless, of course, you'd be willing to do some... work, in exchange for a generous discount?"

The Happy Mask Salesman

The sage of Hope
The duel continued long into the night. Eventually Kai won. This is the next days. “Ow!” Kai said after falling off of the his bed. He looked around. “Char? You there?” He asked. Now he was started to worry. “Where could he be?” He wondered. Kai grabbed his room key and zoomed outside.
I was going to attach a photo but auto desk didn’t cooperate.
“What?” He exclaimed. “What would char be doing out here?” He then woke char up. “Huh? Where am I? Kai? What happened?” Char asked nearly stuttering.

Alex95

NIWA Nut
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
"You're in luck, young man. I believe I've found just the item you're looking for. It's an ancient wardrobe, crafted from the remains of a magical tree. Apparently it can lead you to all sorts of magical realms, full of elves and witches and whatnot."

"However, I must warn you, that such an item does not come cheaply... I'm sure you understand that it is profoundly valuable, both as an antique and as an... er, artifact. Indeed, I'd wager that the price will be quite steep, for someone like you... no offense intended, of course."

Misham begins to turn away, only to glance back at Stephen.

"Unless, of course, you'd be willing to do some... work, in exchange for a generous discount?"
Stephan steps back a little, removing his hands from the counter, and looks back at the books for a brief second.

Stephan_1.png
Stephan:
"Um, well... That's a kind offer, but I'm afraid I... don't have the time to really work in a store. Not that I don't know how, I used to help my friend run her shop back home. But that's just... not my... set of... skills? Heh?"

Stephan chuckles a bit as he shrugs. He goes to browse the books and randomly picks out a red one with a star on the front that reads History of Rogueport, bringing it back to the counter.

Stephan:
"I'll just... buy this. I guess. Um, how many Sers is it?"

Vera Misham

Ace Artist
"Ah, forgive me. I feel my wording was a little vague. When I said work, I more meant something of an errand... a quest, if you will, since that seems like your sort of language."

"...But I won't press the issue. I understand that you're probably a busy young man. The book is 200 coins. That might seem rather high, but it's vintage. First edition, hard cover. Not to mention the way the economy's going right now."

Alex95

NIWA Nut
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Stephan takes out what looks like a red triangle gem before putting it back upon hearing the price.
Stephan_1.png
Stephan:
"Um... I don't know what coins are... But if you need help around the city, I can probably do that. It'd give me a chance to explore more of the area, at least, and maybe it'll help me out as well. So, uh, what do you need help with, sir?"

Stephan leaves the book on the counter. It doesn't seem like he can afford it at the moment.

Tressa Colzione

You got more than you bargained for!
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Neo Bowser City. A place where people came from all walks of life.

But, generally, that didn't include falling from the sky. Yet, today, someone is doing exactly that, a blue-clad person with blue hair spiraling towards one of the skyscrapers.

"GODDAMMIT!"

They sure don't seem happy about it, as they collide with the skyscraper and rebound toward a different building.

"BITCH!"

Bouncing off again, they're headed right for the ground.

"FU-"

With a WHAM, they hit the ground. They groan, somehow not dead despite falling from a huge height. Then they stand up.

"Holy fuck that was a bad landing. I'm gonna get back at you for kicking me out! You hear me!? This is NOT over!"

The last line is seemingly directed at... well, at the sky.

Ray Trace

*The hooded purple small customer was intently listening the conversation between Stephan and Misham. He was reading a book about medicine and potions. That was the type of stuff he understood. In fact, there was quite a bit of information he didn't even know about. However, it required some ingredients that looked difficult to obtain. That was no matter to him. Some of the concoctions look...interesting to try out, and he was going to find a way to obtain these ingredients. No matter what. He stood behind Stephan, ready to purchase this book.*

Koops

Koops, King of Cowards.
*Koops takes a peek across the street, making sure no one can see the Pegasus or its rider. He then proceeds to take a few steps, all the while making sure the girl doesn't fall off the saddle, and wary of any advances the steed may try to sneak it every now and then.*

Koops: Alright. The coast is clear. Come on, move it, you mule! We still got a mission to accomplish, so no slacking on the job, you hear?

*Then, suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, he hears a loud scream that seems to be coming from the sky. Another blue-haired girl falls right in front of him, sending him in an instant panic*

Koops: WOOAHHAHA! WOAH! What the hell?!

*She yells at the sky*

Koops: Yeah, honestly, I can relate. The sun is really nasty, is it. Really the last thing I'd want in the situation I'm in. Hey anyway, who're you? What's your deal? ... and how the hell did you end up here?

Tressa Colzione

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
"Huh? Oh. Hey."

The girl attempts to recline on... thin air. Judging by the way that she falls over and looks surprised, that part wasn't meant to happen.

"Oh, so now those don't work either? Come on! You kick me out, fine, sure, but you don't have to take away EVERYTHING!"

Angrily pulling one of the peaches off her hat and taking a huge bite out of it, the girl turns back from yelling at the sky to responding to Koops.

"Right, right. Questions. Question are fair.

So. The name's Tenshi Hinanawi. My deal is that I'm a celestial. Some bullshit about being ascended humans and yadda yadda I never listened to half the shit they said. And as for how I ended up here..."

Her mood clearly crashes again, judging by the way she takes another angry bite of the peach. She spits the peach pit out, aiming for a nearby tree but falling a bit short.

"I caused a little ruckus and I got kicked out of the Celestial Realm. Like, literally. Just booted down here! WHAM! Like that. Fuckin' trumped up charges.

No powers, no weapons, I just got told to live here with a durable body until I've "proven myself to have atoned". Atoned? For what? It's all a conspiracy!"

Judging by the way she's ranting, it's clear she's wanted an excuse to vent for a while, and Koops was the one who provided that excuse.

"What about you? You know anything about this place?"

Ray Trace

*Redshift took his way home. After The Big Split Up with his group, he was roommates with another little guy named Clement Cores, who had been a trustworthy metallurgist to their former group. Clement wore pink and green clothing, paired with a green domed helmet, and he had dotted eyes like the rest of his species, but he had a peculiar, sharp nose. It was a natural pairing, as Clement Cores was Portuguese and he spoke Spanish almost as well as Redshift had. Clement was back from his day at work, busy constructing the city's iron beams and maintaining all things metal. He was exhausted, but he was happy to see Redshift return home. Clement noticed that Redshift didn't catch any fish, which was peculiar, as Redshift was a decent fisherman and would at least bring back one specimen. Clement spoke in Spanish to Redshift.*

Clement Cores: So...the fish were too crafty for you today, eh?

Redshift: No...I got distracted.

Clement Cores: Well, I suppose this city IS peculiar after all. Any strange sightings? I work in the industrial portion of the Shy Guy Metals. Pretty weird. Lots of masked guys. Shy Guys. Huh. You know, I do ponder why they wear a mask all the time, even when they're not working with metal. Probably for the better I say.

Redshift: I saw a pegasus today.

Clement Cores: A pegasus!? Wow, that's great. Rare sighting. You're lucky. I thought they were only mythical or something.

Redshift: No. They're indeed real creatures.

Clement Cores: As I say, you're lucky. I'm stuck in my day job, so I see just Shy Guys. Maybe other people too. Who knows. Maybe you'll even start liking the place after all, Redshift. I mean wow, a pegasus? That's cool.

Redshift: I really miss being a Protector back in Mushroom City, Clement.

Clement Cores: You shouldn't fuss too much about it. I know the events are still fresh in your mind, but eventually, you have to learn to heal from it. Now is a new chapter in your life. Find something new. Maybe eventually, you and your old friends can get back together again.

Koops

Koops, King of Cowards.
Koops: Yeah, sorry about that, uh... Tense Shee, whatever, looks like I know as much about this place as you do. But hey, you're not from here, so I think I'll be safe around you so long as you don't get me any unwanted attention. Sadly, as you can see, I'm in a bit of a predicament myself.

*He points towards the now frozen in fear Pegasus. He internally took some pleasure in that sight, as Koops desperately wanted some time in the sun... not literally.*

Koops: You see this beautiful thing that your eyes feast upon? Yeah, this girl is called Fiora, and she's an acquaintance of mine. And that dumbass flying donkey you see here is her Pegasus, whose name I keep forgetting. Now, the thing is, the big guy somehow got his owner in a position where she's... um... unable to do anything, basically, so I had to ride that thing myself... unfortunately the idiot won't let any dudes get on his back, so you can imagine what a few days of flying did to him in this childish mindset, and that gets me crashing down to this place! Great stuff, innit? Anyway, you follow me?

Pegasus sighs through the whole introduction

Koops: You... did understand a word of what I said right?

Tressa Colzione

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Putting one hand to her eyes, Tenshi whistles as she looks over the Pegasus.

"Not gonna lie, shit's impressive. Sounds like it's a bitch and a half to manage, though, if it knocked out the other gal. If I hadn't just arrived, I'd tell you where we could get her patched up, but that's outta my hands.

Unwanted attention? Ahahahaha, trust me, I only get the attention i want!"

Her laugh is moderately obnoxious, but at least it's not as bad as it could be! Tenshi starts to look over the Pegasus, and ponders what Koops said.

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry. I caught up with it. You said it doesn't apply to dudes, right? Can any chick ride it?

Tell ya what. I'll take this pegasus wherever you need, and in exchange, you'll owe me one. Dunno yet what I'll need so we'll just sit on that favor for now."

Koops

Koops, King of Cowards.
*Koops starts to think. Now that he thought of it, Tenshi is female, and therefore able to ride the Pegasus. And if she this easily offered to ride it, then that was a problem taken care of, as far as he was concerned. However, one little detail rubbed him the wrong way. Meanwhile, the Pegasus's attitude began to shift from agitated to calm.*

Koops: Huh, really? That sounds... reassuring, to say the least. It does sound like you know what you're talking about, but there is just one thing I wanna know... that little favor I'd owe you at the end of this wouldn't entail becoming your celestial slave or anything, would it? And then there's the fact that you'd be riding, which means that you'd be in full control of the situation we'd both be stuck in. It sounds like something I really need to make sure of before I jump into it because otherwise we'd be in one terrible pickle. Hm?

Although don't get me wrong, I'd love it if you could help, please. The name's Koops, by the way...

*He says that last line nervously. He knows that he cannot back away from this deal once done, and judging by Tenshi's behavior up until this point, it's safe for him to assume that he could expect anything at all to be that "favor".

Tressa Colzione

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Tenshi looks genuinely perplexed.

"...What? Hell no. What'd I need some kind of slave for? Legit, I just don't know what I'm gonna need in this city. Maybe I'll need a ride, maybe I'll need you to cover a bill at some point down the line. Things like that.

Y'know, reasonable stuff. Anyhow, if that's all you're worried about..."

Tenshi hops into the air, expecting something to appear under her. It doesn't. She flops to the ground.

"...Really fucking wish I could still summon rocks."

Getting up, Tenshi waves to the pegasus. Come on, come down here! Tenshi's ready to lead it wherever it might need to be!

Doomhiker

Bob-omb
Wiki Patroller
Core 'Shroom Staff
Three glum people walk through the streets of Neo Bowser City. They think of the months before.

Mission: Defeat Mario - Failure

Mission: Defend the Castle - Failure

Mission: Clean the floors - Failure

They can still heard Bowser yelling "You're fired" in their head. The Elite Trio always stayed together, trying to find a new job, a new hope. Running out of money, they go to Neo Bowser City as a last-ditch effort to get back on their feet, perhaps helping some people out on the way.

The Trio pass by a small store.

Sergeant Guy: Look, sir! It's none other than a small store!

Corporal Paraplonk: What would Bowser think? He would call this a "dusty waste of time"!

Private Goomp: Who cares what he thinks? You're our boss now, sir! Our dreams are no longer in the hands of Bowser! I say that we enter this store, and browse its wares!

Inspired by Goomp, and not having much else to do, the trio decide to enter the store. Sergeant Guy takes special notice of magic books.

Koops

Koops, King of Cowards.
Koops: Alright, if you say so!

*Koops makes a few attempts of getting on top the Pegasus, some of which ended in him toppling off until he finally managed to fight through the stubborn mount. Once Tenshi herself gets hold of the reigns however, Koops finds himself at a loss for words.*

Koops: Alright, but, um... see, there's one... teeny tiny little problem... actually. You see, due to the nature of my situation, it's absolutely out of the question that we're seen. Also, I was considering heading for that building over there because it looks weird, but I realize now that the idea's probably really dumb. But I mean... since we're both new here it's as good a place as any to start with right? Who knows, maybe we'll even find something on the way... would be nice to heal my... my friend back up, that would make it so much easier.

*Koops points to the ominous building he was talking about, expecting a mocking laugh from Tenshi.*

Vera Misham

Ace Artist
Misham was quite surprised by the sudden new arrivals. Another three customers, all at once? This was the busiest day he had in months... had tourist season come early? Or was there something else at work in the shady underbelly of Neo Bowser City? With the customers piling up, he didn't really have time to contemplate this. Better give Stephan his task so the line can start moving along again.

"Erm... Yes, the job... I need you to go downtown and attend a special auction. There's a special item that's going to be there which I'd really like to get my hands on, but as you can see, I have my hands full with this shop. If you'd be able to go in my stead, I'll let you have the wardrobe... and the book too, if you'd like it."

"I feel I should warn you, however, that these auctions can be a bit... sketchy. I've also heard word on the shopkeepers network that some rather odd fellows have been prowling about lately, like a young method actor with an acute business sense who was seen speaking with penguins. So you may want to keep those weapons of yours handy."

"Take this map and brochure. They'll help guide you to where you need to go."

Misham hands Stephen two pieces of paper. The first is a map of the suburb, complete with street names and local storefronts and attractions. Marked with a red circle is the auction venue, the Morton Sr. Memorial Hall, located on 42nd Street. The second piece of paper is a promotional pamphlet for "Waluigi's Totally Legitimate Auction", which features a variety of bizarre items up for sale. One entry has been marked with a red highlighter: Dark Prognosticus.

"That's the one I'm after. I'll give the organiser a call ahead of time to let him know that you're coming in my stead. Tell them Drew Misham sent you and they'll let you in. The venue isn't too hard to find, you can just go along Ludwig Street until you reach 42nd, then take a turn and walk for a few blocks. The auction won't start for a few more hours, so if you want, you can spend some time exploring the city."

After giving Stephan everything he needed for his new "quest", Misham gave him a nod and began giving the shop a cursory glance. The three newcomers seemed to be browsing at the moment, so he decided to leave them be while he dealt with the next customer in line: the little hooded customer.

"Hello there, my friend, I see you've found something you like. That one was written by one of the foremost biologists of the ancient world. Of course, this is a translated version, so it's only about 70 years old. This one had a rather large print run, so the price is only 45 coins."