Longform Roleplay

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Longform RP
What is this thread?

This thread is intended to serve as a roleplay thread for members of the community who are more interested in Longform Roleplay and would like a space to roleplay with others who have an interest in writing longform posts. Shortform roleplay can be fun and engaging in its own ways, but we understand that there are users who have more interest in longform roleplay, so we'd like to create a space for a longform RP to complement all of the shortform roleplays already in this board.

You keep using the word "longform." What does that mean?

This isn't a word with a strict definition, but what we mean by this is that posts in this thread should have substantial effort put into them. They should be a couple paragraphs or more, rather than a couple of lines. Posts in this thread should reflect a minimum degree of effort in thought and writing, and a dedication to good storytelling and worldbuilding.

So, does that mean there's a minimum word requirement?

Well, no, but there is in a way. There's no strict word count you have to meet to make a post in this thread, but if you're only making a post of twenty or thirty words, you probably aren't meeting the requirements of the thread.

Rather than think in terms of word limits, ask the question: "Is this post advancing the narrative in some way?"

"Advancing the narrative" can mean a few different things. A post doesn't necessarily need to move a plotline or arc along to advance the narrative. Posts that help reveal more about a character's personality in a substantial manner through their actions or interactions with other characters advance narratives, as do posts that help to create a more cohesive and fleshed-out world in which the narrative takes place.

Take note of what this means. Posts where "Character A pulls out a weapon and attacks Character B" that have no logical, established basis and are only two lines long do not advance the narrative. Posts where "Character A uses this item against character B, after we've seen Character A expend effort to obtain the item and using it against Character B has long-term effects that impact their relationship or behaviors" that have at least a few paragraphs of writing incorporated into them do fit into the broader narrative and help to advance it. Posts where "Character X tells Character Y that they're related to the king and jails them" doesn't fit with the narrative and doesn't advance the narrative. Posts where "Character X, who we've previously seen fostering and cultivating a relationship with Character Z, who is in a position of authority, asks Character Z to confront Character Y with them and spends a post explaining the plan" does fit with the narrative and helps to advance it.

Even a casual conversation that's a brief back and forth between two or more characters can help to advance the narrative, so long as thought and effort is put into writing it.

Does that mean I have to write chapters and chapters of description?

Of course not! Some longform roleplayers prefer to write only some description, enough to establish the scene and some of their characters' actions while leaving readers to fill in the rest of the details. As long as you're advancing the narrative and your posts (including character dialogue) are about 2-4 short paragraphs in length, you're all good. If you want to write more, you certainly can, though!

Additional Notes:

• This is not a requirement, but since the expectations of this roleplay are that users put more thought and effort into their roleplaying, users are encouraged to keep their plot arcs limited to one or two at a time, so they can better focus on making engaging and fully-developed plots.
  • Likewise, there is no hard limit on the number of active characters any user has at any given time, but we encourage you to keep your number of active characters to smaller amounts that you can develop to a greater extent.
  • Coordination and discussion between users will be handled in a group PM. Please ask someone with access if you'd like to be added to it.
  • In addition to all rules of the forum and RP Board, we expect that users follow the request we've made for effortful, narrative-advancing posts in this thread. If you make low-effort, short posts that disrupt the narrative and do not fall in the spirit of "longform roleplay", we will warn you once and we reserve the right to, in conjunction with the local moderator, ban you from replying to this thread.

New Bowser City had long been of a hub of economic activity, the kind of place that attracted those with an eye for making money or the folks more interested in hitching their wagon to some successful entrepreneur and riding their way to the top. It made the city a good place to make connections, to invest time in productive networking. Unfortunately, it also meant that every street of the city was filled with unsavoury opportunists looking for a quick and dirty way to make cash.

Thankfully, Sayaka Kanamori had long since grown used to ignoring that class of scammers, having come out to Neo Bowser City months ago, attracted by the prospects of earning a fortune. She had learned the best routes to take in order to avoid inconveniences, the streets which were the emptiest at given points in the day. Unfortunately for her, as she takes her usual morning walk back from the bathhouse, she finds that one street on her route isn't quite as empty as expected.

Th105Aya.png

A strange bird girl, Aya Shameimaru, stands in the middle of the street, shouting while holding up a stack of newspapers.

"You won't want to miss this! Big news, and the exclusive scoop here in the Koopost! The selection process for the two firms who will be completing the work on the Neo Bowser Skyscraper is finished. BUFF Hammer Company and Kamtech Security Solutions won the bid. You don't want to miss the plans they've laid out! Get the scoop with us!"

Kanamori attempts to briskly step past the bird girl, but, to her consternation, Aya leaps forward, blocking her path and shoving a newspaper in her face.

"You look like a discerning woman who values information. What do you say, want the latest word from Aya Shameimaru's Koopost paper?"

tumblr_68f58b4e5cd19dc45147b88a6fb296d0_8e0314b9_400.png

The business-minded girl scans the headline article as Aya holds out the paper, and, with a glare at the bird girl who decided it was a good idea to bother her this morning, soundly rejects the offer.

"I have no need for this. News this large will certainly be discussed by others in the city. I'd do better sitting in at a coffee shop and listening in on conversations. There's no reason to pay for information I'm likely to find for free."

She quickly steps around the bird girl and hurries along her way, leaving Aya to grumble about the blunt rebuttal before slinking back to the side of the street to prepare to shill her wares at the next passerby.

Tressa Colzione

You got more than you bargained for!
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Slightly nearby is one of Neo Bowser City's public parks. Often, these were places for people to hang out, or for the less fortunate to sleep during the nights. The sight of someone passed out on the grass wasn't that big a surprise, as a result.

Whoever it begins to stir, and sits up.

"...It didn't work.

It didn't work!"

"That's not fair! It was supposed to work!"

"Well, it didn't. That's all there is to it. Now, can we focus?" comes a second voice from the mysterious youth. His tone, his posture - all of it changes in an instant, as if he's a completely different person.

"Well said. Let's see... I believe this is Neo Bowser City. I've been here on business a few times." Once again, a change, the youth now demonstrating three voices.

Make that four.
"Oh, I remember this place! KaibaCorp tried to bid on the skyscraper. And he lost! If only he hadn't fired us! Hahahahahaha!"

And one more. "My plans for that building were perfect! If only I had the backing of a company..."

"Then it seems we know what to do." With the discussion finished, the youth seems more resolved, despite being of five minds. "This is the crown jewel of the kingdom, and its business sector is second to none. We'll need to gain as much information as we can, and claw our way back to the top."

For that reason, the youth soon approaches Aya.

"Good day, ma'am! We'd- I'd like as much information as I can get for one dollar!"

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Real quick, so this is essentially a place for people to RP stories by themselves here?
(No, no, it's not quite like that. It is interactive and collaborative! I was starting things off, so I introduced two characters at once, but no one's planning on writing a solo fanfiction in here!)

Aya eyes this new customer warily, unsure of what to make of his... unusual behavior. Money is money, though, and she's met stranger in the city, so she greets the newcomer with respect and the charming tone you'd expect from an experienced saleswoman.

For one dollar? I'm sorry to be the one to have to break it to you, but that's not going to get you very far in this city. All the information I could give you for that price is to tell you where you are. I'm sure you understand.

Aya is no fool, though, and... the way this kid is talking, he sure seems to be an interesting type, perhaps even the type she could write a gossip article about to sell to the tabloids. Not wanting to reveal her hand fully, she makes her offer cautiously.

It sounds like you already know where you are, too. I tell you what, though. I hate to see someone down on their luck, and you know what they say about information. It wants to be free. What kind of journalist would I be if I wasn't helping the public.

I trade in info. It's as valuable to me as cash. So why don't we cut a deal? Tell me about yourself. Who you are, where you came from, all of that. If you give me the info, I'll give you a paper, and we'll call it even.

To hammer home her point, Aya dangles one of her newspapers in front of the youth, shaking it as if he were a dog and she were offering a treat. It's pretty thick! There might very well be some useful information in there...

The Happy Mask Salesman

The Sage Of Party
Alright I’m going to join. Sure short bursts of posts are fun. But there’s something special about that feeling of writing something big. PLEASE PM me if I do something wrong.
Prolouge
Stan Lee: A long time ago! In a land forged away by time. There was a boy and a man. Both set out of a journey together. To find those who’m they have lost.
First there was Kai. A young red haired boy, looking to find his father. Then, there was Char. A man who is looking for his purpose in life. This is their story!
Kai: How far must we go?
Char: Farther!
Kai: I’m so tired!
Char: Do you want to find your father or not?
Kai: Yes.....
Char: Then we keep looking!
Stan Lee: Char and Kai kept walking deep into the woods! How long had they been walking? Nobody knows.
Char: Hey! Wait!
Kai: Huh? What is it?
Char: It’s a town!
Kai: What town?
Char: It’s called New Bowser City.
Kai: Shall we go investigate?
Char: I think so.
Stan Lee: And there go our hero’s! What will happen to them?

Tressa Colzione

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
"Heh heh heh! What, information? That's simple enough! I'm-"

The youth seems to freeze up for a second. Then he resumes, with, once again, a new posture and a new voice.

"The name is Tristan Taylor. I'm... a school student. Transfer student, you see, from Domino City. I just arrived today." Tristan seems to take a second, before continuing on.

"My main interest is business, you see. That's why I applied for the transfer here, rather than elsewhere."

Aya gives Tristan a bewildered look. What's with the constant changes? The crow asks exactly that question, and the reply?

"I'm a student actor on the side. You always need to practice, after all!"

The Happy Mask Salesman

The Sage Of Party
New Bowser City
Char: *Looks around and he sees a weird looking building.
1595515985030.png

Char: ?
Kai: Come on! Let’s get to a hotel! I’m tired!
Char: *Looks at Kai* Your always tired!
*The two look around town*
Char: NAZI!
Kai: What?
Char: THERE!
Kai: *Facepalm* That’s just someone in a camouflage jacket!
Char: 😤
Kai: Come on!
Char: *Sigh* What am I going to do with my life?
*The two keep walking until the reach the hotel*

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Aya... seems skeptical, to say the least. She hadn't been in the business of gathering gossip for this long without developing a discerning eye for this kind of thing, after all. Still, there wasn't much she could do, not without more information. You never brought up your skepticism unless you had something decisive, something that could throw someone off enough to keep them from going on the defensive or coming up with a lie. For that reason, she acts as though she's completely buying everything Tristan is saying, even handing him the newspaper, as promised.

"So you're a student actor too, huh? I'm sure you're going to have some trouble, balancing your time here between the business district and the entertainment distract. If you want my opinion... well, normally, I charge people for my opinions, but this isn't an op-ed, now is it? If you want my opinion, I'd say you're safer focusing on the business side. Too many kids think they're hotshot actors and come out here to crash and burn."

"You seem more talented than some of the kids I've seen passing through, though. I guess you're one of those method actors?" With a mischievous glint in her eyes, she offers one more question. "Tell you what, I haven't met someone so interesting in a long time. Why don't you tell me something about these characters you're playing. Surely they're fleshed out, if you do such good work portraying them."

Tressa Colzione

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
"I think they don't have the same touch we have."

"Now, let's see here..."

Tristan, for that's what we'll be calling him now, takes the newspaper. He looks at Aya with an eye that returns the skepticism, but decides to take this chance.

"The first one is Gansley. He's a long-time businessman, director of strategy and sales. Founding member of the group of men that he pulled together for corporate leadership."

"Then there's Crump! He's their numbers man, the best accountant you'd ever find. A genius with anything mathematical! Also, the strongest supporter of penguins there is!"

"The third role is Johnson. The legal expert of the team, he has a way with words and people you'd never be able to match."

"...Fourth one is Nesbitt. Technological director."

"And the final man is Leichter, who is... well, the cleaner. He takes care of all the problems the other four leave behind."

"As you can tell, I spend all my time in-character as these businessmen. It's the strongest way to practice both my business skills AND my acting skills."

"What about you, huh? You some kind of bird?"

Mambo No. 5

Ladies and Gentleman, this is Party No. 5
*A penguin sits on a cliff, alone. He holds a flower in his hand, slowly picking the petals from it. Below him lies a beach.*

Penta: ...loves me, loves me not, loves me, loves me not, loves-

*He looks at the flower, there's only two petals left. He sighs and drops the flower off the cliff.*

Penta: She'll be mine someday...

*He gets up and starts to waddle back to his house, he has other things to do besides thinking about her. For example, visiting the city, and starting up his business there, which would hopefully be far more profitable then leaving it here, on this island in the middle of nowhere. His sadness slowly turns to excitement, who needs love when you can have money?*

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Aya breaks her friendly facade for the first time when she snorts indignantly at Tristan's question.

"You could call me a bird, sure. I prefer the term "tengu," but for a kid like you, you might want to stick with crow. What exactly I am doesn't matter, though. All you and anyone else needs to know is that I'm the best reporter in this city. You need information? I'll get it for you, for the right price. It doesn't matter what I have to do.

With her indignation eased, Aya takes a moment to compose herself once more, not wanting to isolate a fellow who could prove a boon to her later. Those names and descriptions, they sounded... very familiar, like names she heard in passing once. She'd have to do some research later, and see what she could dig up. For now, though, there was no more money she could get out of Tristan, and he clearly wasn't coming off the info. She needed to move on, make other sales, dig up more dirt. With that thought, she kindly offers Tristan some advice.

"Crump likes penguins, you say? I'm no actor myself, but I know how important it is to practice, practice, practice, especially for a method actor! Tell you what, since you were so nice telling me all about your characters, I'll give you a hot tip I overheard. There's some new penguin in the city, wtih an interest in business. I don't know much about him, but he goes by the name of Penta, and I managed to find out about some of his favorite hangouts. You might want to meet him. I'm sure "Crump" and he could chat business. If you're interested, try the bluffs near the edge of the city, south of the ports.

Shaggy Rogers

I'm the captain now.
-Meanwhile, at a nearby Hot Dog stand-

*Norville Rogers was enjoying some hot dogs*

"Shaggy": Like, man, did I ever need this!

*Shaggy shoves another hot dog into his mouth.*

Shaggy: Ha-ha! Nothing can go wrong with hot dogs!

*Shaggy liked hot dogs. He liked food, period. What he didn't like was adventure. Little did he know, he about to be swept up into the biggest adventure of his life.*

Last edited:

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
(Hi, LJS. I know this is a bit of a conceptually new thread, so please know I'm not saying this because you did anything wrong or are in any trouble - after all, this is collaborative writing and we have to define boundaries together - but I don't think that post quite hits the standard for what longform RP is about. There's not really clearly defined boundaries, but I'd suggest making a post like that a bit more substantial. There's nothing wrong with leaving a bit of open-endedness for other characters to join in or to set up a plot thread, but not much is really happening, there - it doesn't hit that "advancing the narrative" criteria. Maybe add some more description/substance to it so it gives us a better idea of your characters and what they're like? Or add on to it and have a little more happening?)

Tressa Colzione

Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
"Tengu, huh? Yeah, I think I'll stick with crow. Seems more accurate."

Well, that's rude! Still, Tristan folds the newspaper and tucks it under one arm.

"Really? Well, that's an excellent piece of advice! I'll have to make sure I visit as soon as possible!"

"Ahem. Yes, well. Thank you for your time."

With that, Tristan leaves. Once he's by himself and has the chance to talk without looking crazy...

"What the hell was that, Johnson?"

"Whatever could you be talking about, Nesbitt?"

"I'm talking about the method actor excuse. I don't know the first thing about acting. I've never even been to a play!"

"It's simple. We don't have many choices here to explain ourselves. Telling someone like her the full truth would have clearly resulted in the facts of our situation being spread over the entire city by the end of the day."

"Yellow journalism is the bane of any business."

"Yes, thank you, Gansley. Thus, the need to lie. What cover story would best explain the constant switching between five completely different voices and personalities? Method acting. A constant performance as various people."

"Regardless, even if we disagree on the specifics, our choice is made. We'll have to commit to this cover, or she'll make us front-page news. Perhaps you'd like to be our student of method acting?"

"...Rrrrrgh. Thanks but no thanks, Leichter."

"Right! With that settled, I recommend we find our way to the bluff!"

"Do you even know where south is, Crump?"

"Nope, but that's part of the adventure!"

Shaggy Rogers

I'm the captain now.
Shaggy: Adventure? Like, oh no, not adventure! Anything but adventure!

*Shaggy had developed a strong disliking of adventure from his time solving mysteries with Mystery Incorperated. *

Shaggy: Like, if you don't mind, I'll go back to eating my hot dogs!

*Adventure. Ew. Shaggy would rather sit in a dark room than go on an adventure. If only Scooby-Doo was still around. That pup hated adventure more than Shaggy did.*

The Happy Mask Salesman

The Sage Of Party
Char: *Pulls out a flute*
Kai: Put that away!
Char: You know this is all I remember from my past!
Kai: Very well!
Stan Lee: It was then when Kai pulled out some weird cards
Char: What are those?
Kai: There called duel monsters!
Char: “Duel Monsters?”
Kai: Yeah! CONE ON AND I’LL SHOW YOU!
Char: Ok.
*At the duel field*
Kai: Here take these!
*Char got a Duel Monsters deck*
Char: Ok.
Kai: Now hop into one of the cockpits!
Char: *Walks onto the blue one*
Stan Lee: Then the thing raised.
Char: WHAT IN TARNATION!?
Kai: Let’s Duel!
Char: What?

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
(I would also recommend you add some more substance to this post, Heromario. Some description to give us a better idea of who these characters are, what they're thinking, why they're doing the things they're doing, that would be a good starting point to add to this post. It's also okay for there to be multiple, independent narratives going on, but I'd recommend at least setting things up to interweave, interconnect. What's the purpose of this duel? Where's it going? Why are the characters having this? It would help to get some idea of those things in the post itself. And where did these characters get these items? It's okay if they have them, if it's part of their background, but expand on that, elaborate, turn it into part of the story.)

Roserade

The Fool
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
*Suddenly, there's the roaring of an expensive car looping through the New Bowser streets. Multiple residents and passerbys yelp and jump out of the way, as, from what Sayaka can tell, a bright blue sports car rounds the corner in a frankly unprofessional drift. The lights of the city gleam against the car's side, but the light is not distraction enough to lead the eye away from a gigantic dent, placed firmly in the middle of the right side. The car nearly nails a telephone pole, dodging a hot dog stand and the blonde guy beside it, before finally hard-braking at the side of the street, sending gravel soaring through the air. The driver's door clicks open, and out steps a man with a suit to match his car...*

wellington-shrug.gif
Wellington
Hmph, is this really it? Is this the grandeur of Neo Bowser City, a city where a virtuous drifter such as I is recommended to attend? Is this where the lights meet the skyline? Where economic dreams are born? It hardly looks the part, I must say.

*Richard Wellington squints at his surroundings, before pulling a slip of paper from his pocket and unfolding it, opening it to become wide enough to cover his face. After some staring, he brings the paper back down; from what the lines and diagrams show, it appears to be a map.*

wellington-normal(a).gif
Wellington
This simply won't do. These roads are so monstrous in their design, even a first-rate, brilliant student can get lost in them!

*He looks across the pavement once more, this time noticing Sayaka, who seems to be standing there in stunned silence at the display of driving.*

wellington-nromal(b).gif
Wellington
You there, lady! You in the school uniform. You look like a bright, young, stellar star like me! I need your help, as once! I require assistance and direction to get to the corner of 42nd and Ludwig, pronto!

The Happy Mask Salesman

The Sage Of Party
Char: *He looks at the deck. Is this some kind of game? Why did we have to do it in such a fashion! Gah! This is too much for him? Why though? Why couldn’t he do complex thinking?*
Kai: You ready?
Char: Yeah.
Kai: Ok so! *He tells Char how to play duel monsters*
Char: So like this? *He pulls a card from the deck. But....Then he remembered something. Something from his past. PENDULUM! That was something he heard as a kid! Even if he is older now!*
Char: *He looks at his hand! He sees he can set the pendulum scale but decided against it for now*

Mambo No. 5

Ladies and Gentleman, this is Party No. 5
*Penta rummaged through the items in his house. Strewn across the floor were many of his belongings, some long forgotten, but he hadn't a care in the world, he'd be in Neo Bowser City in just a few hours, and then he wouldn't have to worry about this place anymore. Behind him was a backpack, with all the belongings he would need once he's left the island. There's only one thing left for him to get.*

Penta: Aha!

*He gets up, holding a black marker. He puts on his backpack, and heads for the door, marker in one hand, sign in the other.

Once he's outside, he slams the door shut, and places the sign on it, it reads: 'GONE FISHING'. He quickly scribbles out the word 'FISHING', and replaces it with a more appropriate message: 'GONE FISHING FOREVER'. He starts to run to the beach underneath the cliff, a boat is waiting there for him, which will give him a one way trip to Neo Bowser City.

As he approaches the boat, he notices something lying on the beach floor: A flower, with only two petals. He stops to look at it, and a thought occurs to him:

What about Gurin?

This will be his last chance to talk her, the love of life, was he really willing to give that all up, just for more money?

He shook his head, he had already answered this, and didn't want to dwell on it any longer. He walked up to the boat and got in, it was time for him to visit the city.*

The Happy Mask Salesman

The Sage Of Party
Char: *It all made sense now why they are having this! His home. Kai’s father had told him to take care of Kai. That’s how he learned how to duel! Kai’s father! So that explains how Kai got his cards. And the reason he wants to duel is to remember his father! He decided to duel Kai*
Char: It’s crazy that this duel is in the park right?
Kai: Yeah.
Char: This reminds you of your father huh?
Kai: ......Yeah.
Char: Then let’s duel! *The reason char is adventureing with Kai. Is not so he can find his purpose! It is so he can help Kai find his father!*

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Capture.PNG

Despite the man's attempt to work a compliment into his demand, Wellington is met with a growl from the girl, who barks back at him with the same level of confidence, but a much greater degree of viciousness.

"You believe you have any right to make demands of me after that display of destruction?! I'm afraid to even ask if you're aware of the economic damage you've caused. Someone so "brilliant" should have an insurance company willing to handle outrageous claims, unless they wish to pay out of their own pocket for madness such as this."

She straightens up, composes herself, and steps over to Wellington, not so angry that she would allow herself to miss an opportunity to turn this situation to her advantage.

"In an ideal world, I'd ask you for payment if you want me to serve you by providing directions. Labour should not come free. However, there are plenty others in the city who would freely provide directions. Hand me your map."

Wellington doesn't so much hand over the map as he has it snatched from his hands. Kanamori takes out a pen, and scrawls some directions down for him, before starting to hand it back. Before she actually hands it over and gives it away, though... she smirks, having Wellington in a position where he can't easily leave and able to get something from him.

"Certainly, the authorities are going to come around asking if anyone witnessed the destruction you've caused here. It would be an issue for your reputation in the city if they were to come after you for this. Of course, I will have to speak to them honestly. The alternative would come at a risk for myself, and... taking on risks without receiving payment or the prospect of a reward is a fool's errand. Would you have any interest in... providing enough payment that leaving the area now would be worth my time and the risk to myself?"

Shaggy Rogers

I'm the captain now.
Shaggy: Like, Zoinks! Nice car!

*Shaggy liked cars. Even Fred's Mystery Machine. Heh. Fred treated the Mystery Machine like his baby, which it sort of was.*

Shaggy: Man. I wish I could afford a car like that...

*He couldn't. All he could afford was a rusty, old, beat-up Ford F-150*

Roserade

The Fool
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
wellington-sweating(a).gif
Wellington
...!

*Wellington suddenly seems far more distraught over the situation, eyeing the map in Sayaka's hands desperately. His eyes linger back to the ticking clock to the dashboard, before he clears his throat.*

wellington-mad(a).gif
Wellington
F-fine then, you third-rate bottom feeder, I'll let you in a little secret. A little trade secret, that is. At that corner, I'll be making one of the most important exchanges of my life, and thankfully for you, there's going to be cash involved. Heaps of the golden grain.

*His composure reemerges, as a realization dawns on his face. Smugness radiates from his frame as he leans against the handle of his car door.*

wellington-nromal(b).gif
Wellington
How about this, leech? If you get into the passenger's side of my beautiful baby, my darling drifter, my rich ride, and you direct me to my location, you get a share of the cash. Perhaps $200,000 piques your interest? Of course, you can always permit an offer such as that to pass you by...

*Wellington glances to his left, then jumps in shock to see Shaggy standing next to the car. Oh no, how much did he overhear?, he thinks. I might have to take him with me too... But his poor clothing is going to ruin the atmospheric aura of my flouristic automobile...*