Mario Awards Killing Game 4: Neo Hope Foundation - Day [?]: Time Eternal

Thamiel

Everlasting Godstopper
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Do other bodies which have died by execution has similar jab marks?
I'd like to examine ALL the other bodies for jab marks, including Flintheart Glomgold
You examine every corpse.

DOOMHIKER, LAKITUTHEQUICK, and FANTANOICE have similar jab marks on their forearms.

GOOMBUIGI, HEARTS, RAREGOLD and YOSHIFLUTTERJUMP have jab marks on their neck.

The rest do not have jab marks.

Vera Misham

Ace Artist
ask Mr Changes if he knows anything about Blacksmith's hammers. is there anywhere in Neo Bowser Skyscraper's 99 floors where hammer's like the one we found can be obtained?

Beedle

WOW!
Poll Committee
ask Persni to compare the two pools of blood and see if they originated from the same person

Thamiel

Everlasting Godstopper
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Persni is able to sample both sets of blood in the GRAND HALL. She identifies that they're both of the same blood type.

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Check champions and crucibles, in particular the metal containers

Beedle

WOW!
Poll Committee
Ask Persni to examine the pricks marks on the bodies of Doomhiker, Lakituthequick, and Fantanoice to determine their origin or perhaps any effects to the body caused by it.

Thamiel

Everlasting Godstopper
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Check champions and crucibles, in particular the metal containers
Nothing of note here!

Ask Persni to examine the pricks marks on the bodies of Doomhiker, Lakituthequick, and Fantanoice to determine their origin or perhaps any effects to the body caused by it.
The most interesting thing to me is the location... I normally take blood samples from a vict- person's forearm.

Present the vines hidden in my blowgun, and the hook I stole from supplies.
You take out your BLOWGUN. It has VINES stuffed into it. Sure enough, you also have a CLOTHES HOOK on you.

Thamiel

Everlasting Godstopper
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
I'd like to ask Persni and Kammi if, by any chance, THEY were the ones who provided the hammer.
They both tell you, in no uncertain terms, that they didn't. They tell you that hammers are absolutely not their area of work.

BBQ Turtle

Crazy sponsors lady.
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
I present the paperweights I have, and collect them up alongside the ones dropped when I was chased by Darkwing. Check the missing paperweights from Supplies and Office Equipment, taking into account the non-heavy plastic and wood ones left there. All of the numbers should add up.

Lulu

Goomba
Hey Big Changes, you fucker, why are you making us kill each other? Also, I know you're hiding time travel technology you fucker

Beedle

WOW!
Poll Committee
Mr. Changes, do you happen to know anyone by the name of Bugs Bunny?

Deimos

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff
Hey Big Changes, you fucker, why are you making us kill each other? Also, I know you're hiding time travel technology you fucker

...I believe my motives have already been explained. There isn't much use employing you under false pretences anymore, now that you're here. As for the matter of TIME TRAVEL...

Curious. I wonder where you learned that information.

In any case, I have full control of the timeline. Without shutting me off, there is no chance of it.

Any anomalies you claim to witness are discretely under my supervision.

Mr. Changes, do you happen to know anyone by the name of Bugs Bunny?

...never heard of him.

ask big chungus what his favourite ice cream flavour is

Quantum Strawberry Sherbert, an acquired taste, and one that changes when you observe or measure it.

Big changes, can you steam a good ham?

Bold. I was impressed with your gumption. It gave me a good place to dispose of something... unexpected.

Big Changes, what are your thought on the Big Chungus meme?

I see you've found my conduits. Indeed, there is a difference between the BIG CHANGES terminals you've found dotted around the map and the BIG CHUNGUS terminals in three locations. Obviously, since I'm here now, you've uncovered the latter's true functionality.

Use it wisely. These terminals were a calculated risk to running this game.

I suppose your time is up. The seven of you, nay, six of you now... we'll meet again. The TERMINAL MATRIX is about to be suspended, and while I run the calculations in the HYPOTHETICAL MATRIX to determine which one you is the next to be... terminated, do note...

I am always here, waiting.

Last edited:

Thamiel

Everlasting Godstopper
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Voting tally - Case 7
BBQ Turtle (5) -
Superchao, Hooded Pitohui, Lulu, Luigi64DD, Nitwit
Lulu (1) - BBQ Turtle
No votes (2) - MrConcreteDonkey, MarioFan

It seemed as though the CEO of Despair Incorporated was content with permitting the few remaining investors to continue with their investigations. It makes sense - distracting the final few sources of income away from their goal would not be economically viable, at least in the eyes of a Quantum AI. Although LULU and ? BLOCK STAN had surely unlocked the final secret of the BASEMENT, one mystery was still to be solved. Who killed Kersti?

One thing was already clear. BIG CHANGES had transported the victim to the right place, and the right time. But computer screens cannot throw axes. Computer screens cannot drag bodies. Computer screens cannot do whatever the hell happened with that hammer. Those deeds were clearly done by a living being, one with arms, and legs, and bloodlust. The answer came to the remaining employees not in a logical conclusion, but in a sudden, shaky revelation. The votes placed on TOM NOOK were simply a cry of hope, a plea for mercy.

MONTY and BILL sprung to his defence. "By Jove! This gentleman here is not the killer, I say! HerrrUPMH! Alright I admit it - the hammer was mine, it was mine, see? I was under contract to keep it on the down-low, but not if it meant young Nook here were to perish!"

"It's not Nook. It's not Nook. How could he kill his own nephews. It's not Nook. Please, it's not him. Anyone else but him."

But it was far too late for the bandwagon to refocus. By the time suspicion had mounted, it was already, somehow, too late. TOM NOOK had twenty seconds to take one last look at the people who chose to end his life. He looked at MONTY, at BILL, at the RING he had protected with his life.

"I hope you enjoy the wedding, hm?"

"Yes, yes. Your final bill comes to 498,000 Bells. I hope you find the time to enjoy your new renovations, hm?"

Life is good in the CITY HALL. Ever since TOM NOOK and his boys took off from that dreary island and established their classic business in the big city, the bells didn't stop coming in. Renting out some old headquarters building to serve as their own, the NOOKS have had a fantastic time building up their own personal bank account. Did they charge interest on their loans? No. Are they too rich to care? Yes.

TIMMY knocks on the office door. "There's someone here to see you."

"A new visitor, yes? Show them in."

TWO VISITORS enter the office. MONTGOMERY and WILLIAM. They look younger, fresher, without the strains of business etched onto their faces.

"Hello? Hi, Mister Nook. We're here about your partnership with MBWC."

"Hm? Oh... It must have slipped my mind. Yes, yes, come on in."

Strange. TOM doesn't normally forget meetings. Frankly, he has very little idea who these two gentlemen are. But after looking at the skull painted onto one of their blasters, something in his memory starts to return. A skyscraper. A partnership. A ring, an alliance, a wedding. A murder.

"Yes, now listen here. We've both been incredibly pleased with your work so far. Can't recommend this fellow enough to the partner companies! But there's been a... grave incident that must be discussed, pronto."

"There's a problem? Do tell, what can I do to help?"

"The problem is, Nook, you're a wanted tanuki. I got a tip-off from a higher up that the police are coming for you, very very soon. And, well, nothing makes a business grow faster than a local story about them apprehending a wanted killer."

Monty pulls out a pistol and points it at Tom Nook. BILL shuts the door, locks it.

"You're betraying me? But see, I'm not a wanted killer! You're simply mistaken! You will find when they declare me innocent, your business will suffer heavily from executing the wrong suspect, hm?"

It seemingly mattered not. Without a hint of remorse, this MONTY fired a single shot at TOM NOOK. Injustice served indeed.

BBQ Turtle was executed! She was Athena Cykes, the Ultimate Understudy!

You were all incorrect. Tom Nook chose to work under Monty and Bill. To put it lightly - they're pissed.

It is now NIGHT 8. The MIDDLE DOOR in the NEON TUBE HALLWAY has been unlocked, allowing access to THREE important rooms.

Night 8 concludesNight 8 effects
The end is near. Anybody who does not attempt a kill tonight will go completely BANKRUPT. This means that all of their investments, stocks, shares, EVERYTHING, will be permanently removed from their portfolio.

Grunkle Stan

King Bowser
Awards Committee

Big changes, alright.....I had no idea I had to work my ass off just to survive, but it's almost over....

So turns out I'm legally obligated to inform you all how the future's going down. Come next investigation, I'm going to run up to a crossroads with that artificial unintelligence Big Changes after I get his attention. Either I can let him into my body, or...well, I can go into his. Hey, I don't have to know what it means, the contract doesn't care! Either way, I just wanted to let you know so that it doesn't come off as a complete shock. It'll help you escape no matter what, so it's a win-win!

Oh, I bet you're wondering how I'm going to grab the rabbit's attention. Let's just say....This helmet ain't just for show. =<0]

Thamiel

Everlasting Godstopper
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee

Attention, all Neo Hope Foundation employees! A body has been discovered.
SAYAKA KANAMORI HAS BEEN FOUND, IMMOLATED, IN THE ARMORY.

• Additional TRACES obtained from other roles:

- TASBOT - Zip( ); Allows you to dash at unthinkable speeds in a certain direction, knocking any people or obstacles out of the way. You only stop once you hit a solid wall. 7 Points.
    - GBATOAD - Host(); A wave of dark energy will blast around you, pushing things away in a meter radius with a medium shockwave. 6 points.
    - SPRINGTRON - Spring(); Allows you to jump quite high in the air by springing off the ground. 5 points.
    - ???
    - ???
    - [?]

A Neo Hope File has been provided.

NEO HOPE FILE - CASE 8
- The victim's body has been burned completely; death from sensory shock as a result of being cloaked in flame was almost instant.
- Aside from being torched, the room has been ransacked, as nearly every gun has been rearranged, moved, or otherwise tossed on the ground. Other changes to this room must be examined by OBSERVING THE ARMORY.
- The victim was carrying a SLINGSHOT, and PVC PIPE, which has MELTED. They were using a TOWEL as a sack to carry these items.
- Victim has strange BLISTERS on their skin, in places where they were not BURNED.

OTHER CHANGES:
- There are various FOOD SPILLS and other MESSES in rooms around the NEO HOPE FOUNDATION floors.
- The JUNGLE ROOM appears to have been attacked by a very hungry caterpillar, or something.
- The ABANDONED PRINTING PRESS and its CONNECTING ROOMS have been visited frequently tonight.
- The COSTUMES ROOM has been raided yet another night. Next game, we're going to torch this again. A CAMERA has been OVERTURNED in the nearby GRAND HALL.
- Books, shelves, and other very expensive collectors items have been DISPLACED in the LIBRARY.
- A mysterious REMOTE CONTROL WITH A BIG BUTTON ON IT lies in the ELEVATOR PIT, and nearby, on 99F, a BLOOD TRAIL leads to the KARAOKE SUITE.
- [?]

It is now Day 8!

You have 24 hours to investigate this case.

DAY TRADING HAS NOW COMMENCED - AVAILABLE SHARES - NEO HOPE

BUFF
BUFF HAMMER CO.
CEO: Sledge Shades
MOREL
Morel
CEO: Pernsicket T. Chanterelle
KAMT
KamTech
CEO: Kammina Koopa
MBWC
Monty Bill Weapons

CEO: Montgomery and Williams

** As BIG CHANGES was revealed, he can be spoken to during this day phase.

Quite.

Day 8 concludesDay 8 Incentive
Similar to the first case, as the final NORMAL case of the game, any incorrect voters will have all of their stocks reduced to a maximum of 20 in each company, but instead of being lost forever, any excess will be transferred to the PENALTY terminal in the basement's LOBBY. Make your way there to reclaim your stocks if you lose them.

Assuming no BIG CHANGES occur, tomorrow will be ENDGAME. Make your case count.

Last edited:

Vera Misham

Ace Artist
let's get the basics out of the way

check the body, and the armoury

examine the mysterious remote in the elevator, and the nearby blood trail