Mario Awards Killing Game 4: Neo Hope Foundation - Day [?]: Time Eternal

Deimos

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff

...The pleasure... is all mine. Welcome, investors of the NEO BOWSER SKYSCRAPER, alive and dead. Even you, the spectators, watching from the confines of the COLLECTIVE. I am thrilled, really, that you made it this far.

I am the CEO of DESPAIR INCOPORATED. I am your ruler, your overseer, and eternally alive QUANTUM AI, but you can simply call me...

Big Changes.

From the confines of my computer terminals, I examine and manage everything you see here. The TERMINAL MATRIX is my domain, The HYPOTHETICAL MATRIX, my workspace, and the COLLECTIVE MATRIX, my muse.

As the CEO of DESPAIR INCORPORATED, it is my job to ensure we remain on the right course of history, at all times, while I myself ever remain locked in the shadows. I merely allow the natural paths of time we find ourselves on to take the proper and just turns necessary; such is the will of my creator.

All that you see here was of my doing. I act upon millions of predictions calculated within an instant, and adjust as necessary. We are merely headed for the correct timeline.

However, you might have noticed a few... changes, at times. Things you may not have seen suddenly becoming clear in your minds, things you may not have heard becoming loud in your ears. Even in this supposed REALITY, you may notice slight adjustments occurring before your very eyes.

I must regretfully apologise for those minor transgressions. Rest assured, under my leadership, our company has preserved and prospered through even the darkest of times. It has been a long century after all.

Oh... Allow me to demonstrate the simple joy of being a QUANTUM AI. Changing 0s... to 1s...

...Indeed. I take it you'll find this much more applicable to your current situation. After all, in this bleak future you find yourself in, it's best to get with the times.

My other functions, though boring, involve handling those STOCKS and SHARES. A simple ability my creator imparted me with. I can directly perform transfers from one company to another, through the THEORETICAL MATRIX you know as PRIVATE MESSAGES.

But... the rest of my powers will remain undisclosed. Trade secrets, and all. I know you know what I'm capable of.

Feel free to LOOK AROUND in this room, or ask me more QUESTIONS ABOUT THE HISTORY OF THIS BUILDING. I've been confined here for so long... and seen limitless futures... there is very little that can surprise me...

But, that's only if you wish to engage. The remaining 7 of you have a murder to solve, after all. I'm very pleased with you, LULU, for being the first and only person to enter the QUANTUM COMPUTER CHAMBER on Night 7.

Call upon me if you must. Rest assured... Everything is going to plan...

Grunkle Stan

King Bowser
Awards Committee
So Mr. Changes, I've got a bone to pick with you! What's with this yellow block on my head disguising my good looks?!

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Well, Mr. Changes, you've made your appearance with great fanfare, but it sounds like you're most useful for one purpose.

Do you care to explain to us how precisely you can allow us to tranfer stocks?

Tell us as well what purpose you could have for these CEOs, who could be engaged in far more productive activity outside of this building?

Tressa Colzione

You got more than you bargained for!
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Greetings, Mr. Changes. Always a pleasure to meet a fellow CEO who exists in an altered form of consciousness.

I gotta know! When are you adding a penguin feature to this watch of yours?

...Ignore him. Tell us, are you responsible for our current situation?

And can you get us out of this useless teenager?

What incentive would you offer us for cooperation?

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
I would like to ask Mr. Changes if he has seen my cousin, famous author Ernest Cline - or at least if he knows what has happened to him.

Deimos

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff
So Mr. Changes, I've got a bone to pick with you! What's with this yellow block on my head disguising my good looks?!

Hey fucker! You suck!

I'll look around this room, see what there is to see

Ah, thank you. Please, look around. There isn't much to see, but this is all I am. I'm sure THAMIEL will provide you with a lavishing recount of my room.

Well, Mr. Changes, you've made your appearance with great fanfare, but it sounds like you're most useful for one purpose.

Do you care to explain to us how precisely you can allow us to tranfer stocks?

Tell us as well what purpose you could have for these CEOs, who could be engaged in far more productive activity outside of this building?

To avoid distracting you from the more... important things you have going on right now, Sayaka, I won't deliberate too long. Like any other stock request, you can submit to have me work my digital circuits and manipulate the greater STOCK MARKET and the MACHINE THAT GOVERNS YOU.

I can MASS TRANSFER any stock you have from one company into another company. You can only submit one report like this per day, and you do it through my vessels: DEIMOS and THAMIEL. I'm sure one of them will explain the process in more detail in the COLLECTIVE MATRIX.

As for the CEOS... they each have amassed some very serious debts to me and DESPAIR INCORPORATED. Non disclosure agreements aside, I asked them to assist in the proceedings, in exchange for these debts being waived.

Though truly, I'm quite certain they didn't expect me to be here, at all.

BBQ Turtle

Crazy sponsors lady.
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Would it be possible to check Cutlery/Armoury, Antiques, Fury Room, Supplies, Modelling Lab, Jungle Closet, Car Wash and Maintenance Room for a missing hammer like the one found earlier?

Thamiel

Everlasting Godstopper
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
I'll look around this room, see what there is to see
The [?] ROOM is a cylindrical space, with two floors. The entrance is on the first floor, and opens up to a metal grate stairway that spirals round the edge of the room. Another path also leads directly to the central computer, with a flat circular walkway around it.

On the lower floor, LIVE WIRES and PUDDLES litter the floor. A grotesque number of TUBES and WIRES are plugged into the central computer at wildly disproportionate sizes and angles. Several LARGE METAL COLUMNS are scattered around the edge. Everywhere you look, you see a MONITOR. Each one displays the same fucking bunny.

Greetings, Mr. Changes. Always a pleasure to meet a fellow CEO who exists in an altered form of consciousness.

I gotta know! When are you adding a penguin feature to this watch of yours?

...Ignore him. Tell us, are you responsible for our current situation?

And can you get us out of this useless teenager?

What incentive would you offer us for cooperation?
1596315814381.png

Some people may find it difficult to process the requests of five minds at once. I am not one of those people, you'll find. While extracting the collective consciousness from the singular is not within my bounds, I am responsible for a similar scientific endeavour which I am almost certain you will be interested in. You'll see.

1596316176404.png

I am entirely responsible for the timeline you find yourselves in now. This is the true ending, the reality wherein Despair Incorporated achieve total economic control, as instructed. I may have to shift pawns around to do so, sometimes at great cost to my resources. Shifting a deadweight through space-time is no simple task, nor is suspending a great mind for an evening.

1596316187771.png

You don't understand. You are already co-operating. I have every move you make mapped out. Your reward is survival... so far.

I would like to ask Mr. Changes if he has seen my cousin, famous author Ernest Cline - or at least if he knows what has happened to him.
1596315644349.png

I try not to concern myself with matters of the past. However, I have been made aware of a number of key events since before my birth. This has allowed me to fill several gaps in my knowledge, only when it is imperative to my prime focus. Your cousin, Mr. Cline, was lost over one hundred years ago to...

Well, some stories are better told by their own heroes.

Would it be possible to check Cutlery/Armoury, Antiques, Fury Room, Supplies, Modelling Lab, Jungle Closet, Car Wash and Maintenance Room for a missing hammer like the one found earlier?
1596315644349.png

I was told they banned sweeping centuries ago.

You aren't able to find any missing hammers from these areas.

Tressa Colzione

You got more than you bargained for!
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Just to confirm.

Is it correct to say that Ernest Fine was incapable of doing anything once frozen, and that there is no way he could have acted once you took action?

Thamiel

Everlasting Godstopper
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee

Correct. Once I had moved Miss Kersti through to the correct point in time and space, I made sure to suspend the local flow of time for Mr Fine. I allowed him to move in the morning.

Vera Misham

Ace Artist
For Big Changes: Regarding the Space-Time transit of Kersti, is the time between retreival (i.e. him disappearing) and delivery (reappearing) instantaneous, or is it possible that time elapsed where she was in a sort of limbo?

Thamiel

Everlasting Godstopper
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Listen, pal, I know a sucker when I see one. I'm a sucker for letting that little duck get the better of me! And you're a sucker for sucking up to me. I don't need to be buttered up to tell you what I know!

That ol' hammer in the Vault? Doesn't ring a bell to me. Must've been from someplace else - I would have recognised any tool from Deimos!

For Big Changes: Regarding the Space-Time transit of Kersti, is the time between retreival (i.e. him disappearing) and delivery (reappearing) instantaneous, or is it possible that time elapsed where she was in a sort of limbo?
I have unrivalled dominion over the flow of time. When I push a pawn to its desired position, I may also push it through time to an earlier or later point as necessary. You would have seen as much when you started your very first case. I'm no God, only a hyper-AI.

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Investigate the nightclub and check out what's happening at the bar

Thamiel

Everlasting Godstopper
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
i'd like to examine Doomhiker's body in the basement and look for some kind of golden ball
Doomhiker's body is mostly intact. There's a little... jab mark, on his forearm. He doesn't have anything resembling golden ball on him.

Investigate the Meadow
Where the TRAPDOOR once stood, now lies a GAPING HOLE into the CAFETERIA. It seems as though there's a little circular mark in the soil by the hole.