Super Mario Boards Mafia 2020 - Sign-ups/Lounge (game finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trab Pu Kcip

Melon and Gravy go together.
Yep

Glitz Yoshi

I'm Yoshi the Space Station Manager from the wiki.
So, what is going on? Just missing Koops? Koops hasn’t been on since the 17th of this month.

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
So, what is going on? Just missing Koops? Koops hasn’t been on since the 17th of this month.
Yeah, Koops is apparently doing some intense SAT study and won't be available until the 29th. I've attempted to reach out to him via Discord, but no response. I'll give him 24 more hours to respond, and if he doesn't, there are two options: delay the game start to the 31st, or temporarily replace Koops until he's available. The latter option would mean that the substitute for Koops would not be able to substitute another player later in the game.

I'm leaning towards delaying the game but substituting is very possible if that's what y'all want to do.

Trab Pu Kcip

For me, I'm gonna be struggling to stay online as I'm staying in an hotel until the 30th, so that's a plus side for delaying. On the other hand, I'm also a sub at another Mafia game on Mafia Universe, which starts on the 31st, so there's a plus side for replacing, so at best, if I'm taken out early, I can commit to the sub at that other Mafia game.

I don't know what to do.

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
A little late, but the OP in the game thread has now been updated with some basic rules. Go check it out!

From this point on, this thread is the Lounge. Spectators and eliminated players should post here rather than the game thread, and should not post any information on who they believe to be mafia or detective.

Also, looking at previous Mafia games it seems that allowing 48 hours for day phases is conventional. I will gladly grant an extension for this phase and all future day phases if y'all find it necessary.

Glitz Yoshi

Surviving a mafia game as an innocent - forum game 1.
Getting removed from a mafia game by mafia - forum game 2.
Very different.
Please wait until after the game for a full review from me.

Glitz Yoshi

Every day, I suspected Lakituthequick everyday, and he was indeed mafia. FWD suspected Koops on Day 1 with me suspecting him after that as well, and he was right as well. Yet both of these ideas never made it to voting. Congrats Lakituthequick and Koops. You definitely did deserve to win, especially since Fazer, Power Flotzo, and I launched the cop on Day 1, no mafia were involved in that launch. The worst mistake one can make. I was able to avoid that last game I played (even though we didn't need him), but not this game. Also, for 3 days, I was a suspect because I posted a lot. Yet, it seemed that everyone else was didn't seem to post much. Anyways. If there was one thing that made this game low, it is that there was no no-lynch when there should of been at least one, especially since there was a mylo day, but no lylo day. These terms are found in the General FAQ thread. This was also responsible for the theoretical tie on day 4. At the very least, I learned some things from this game. Also, all three day phases where I was still in the game, in the last bit, I could only post from my phone at best. So, that might have been a factor too. Or that I was the only one really active. But launching the cop Day 1 was definitely the biggest point. In either case, I look forward to whatever mafia game I participate next (if there is one).

By the way, the method I described of mafia removing someone from the game in hopes of getting rid of an innocent. It can't be used as a defense to say he is innocent because (a) It sets that mafia up as mafia. (b) It seems natural in all cases.

Trab Pu Kcip

All Hail The Koopas! Let the town be ruled by darkness forever!
If there was a sequel, then I would like to be something other than VT for a change.

(I was being sarcastic when I said when I wanted to be kidnapped)

Status
Not open for further replies.