Super Mario Boards Mafia 2020 - Sign-ups/Lounge (game finished)

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
Awards Committee
So, gonna take a stab at reviving this. There hasn't been a mafia game hosted on these boards in years, with many users citing them as "troublesome to host". Never fear, because YFJ is taking on this burden himself.

This isn't intended to be a very big mafia game, and I'm going to keep this as basic as possible. No maps, no items, no special wacky roles. There will be a single mafia and a single detective, with everyone else having a vanilla role. If there are enough signups I may add a second mafia or a detective intern, but I don't expect many signups so that's not very likely.

My hope is to keep this as simple and non-stressful as possible, to perhaps re-ignite interest in smaller, more simple Mafia games. To those new to Mafia, there are helpful sticky threads on this board that may be of use, though I'll be happy to make any necessary clarifications. I'll be asking for at least five signups, and I'll be capping it at 15 should this gain enough traction.

More details will come later. I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have!

Sign-ups
1. Fun With Despair (Darkwing Duck)
2. Lakituthequick
3. Power Flotzo (Printemps' #1 Fan)
4. Goombuigi (Hint Toad)
5. Yoshi the SSM
---minimum---
6. Luigi 64DD (Beedle)
7. Koops
8. GBAToad (Deimos)
9. Fazer
10. Trab Pu Kcip
---maximum---

Replacements
1. fantanoice
2. Alex95
3. Link327 (The Happy Mask Salesman)

Last edited:

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
Awards Committee
So, now that the minimum signups have been reached, I wanted to ask: when would y'all want to start this? I was thinking after KG ends, but I can start it sooner if that works better for y'all.

Sign-ups are still open until the game starts, whenever that may be.

Momohime

The Other Princess Peach
Poll Committee
Sign me up, doc

I'd prefer if it started after KG personally

Koops

Epic
Yes boss

Simple and vanilla is really exactly what I need rn. I can keep up with that I suppose.

House Of The Living Trab

It's Wine Time.
Is this still going on? Because I'm interested.

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
Awards Committee
Yes, this is absolutely still happening. Current plan is to begin shortly after the current Killing Game in Mario Awards ends. Sign-ups are still open, though; just say the word and I'll add you to the list!

House Of The Living Trab

It's Wine Time.
OK, in.

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
Awards Committee
Signups are officially closed! Since there are 10 players, there will be 2 mafia in this game. There will also be 1 detective in this game, and the other 7 players will be villagers.

I'll have to work on rolecards in the meantime but expect more announcements on game start soon!

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
Awards Committee
All rolecards have been finished and sent out! Please confirm that you have received it by posting in this thread, or just drop a like/reaction on this post if you're too lazy to do that. The game will begin soon!

Momohime

The Other Princess Peach
Poll Committee
Role viewed, confirmed, put in a blender, poured in a glass, and sipped slowly on a sunny beach.