Game of Games, Season II (RETIRED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goombuigi

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
Welcome of Game of Games, Season II! I'm the host, Goombuigi, and our participants are:

@Silver Knight - Building 2
@Paper Magolor04726 - Building 1
@Knyght - Building 4

Our participants have been kindly invited to spend the holidays at New Donk City, in the Metro Kingdom, and to attend Pauline's annual festival. It was a big event, and visitors from all around the world came to join the legendary festival. The participants were taken in a plane, driven by the host, Goombuigi.
"We're almost there," he said a few hours later, and soon enough, the plane landed at the airport.
"First, we'll attend the festival. It takes place at 10 pm," explained Goombuigi, "then, you'll find someplace to sleep. I'll have to leave for business purposes, but I'll come to pick you up when the holiday is over."
Goombuigi told them the directions to the festival, and they headed off immediately, not wanting to be late. Little did they know what was lurking under the sewers of New Donk City...

"...Welcome to the New Donk City Annual Festival! I am honored to have you all here," said Pauline, with a smile on her face. "First, we'll start off with a nice song -"
Suddenly, the ground was beginning to shake. Everyone was frightened. Suddenly, the electricity went off, and the audience began to panic, as they were surrounded by complete darkness. People were pushing each other, in an attempt to figure out what was going on. Suddenly, a loud growl came from the direction of the sewers. Somebody shrieked, and the three participants attempt to run away, successfully. While they catch their breath, they find Pauline beside them.
"Oh, you're the ones that I invited here, aren't you?" asked Pauline. "I'll need to get you safe. I have some places you could stay in for now, so follow me." And so, they follow her, and wait for Pauline's next instructions, while wondering - Who, or what, is hiding in the sewers of New Donk City?

Rules:

The goal of the Game of Games is to be the last one standing. To do this, you must earn money to buy items that will assist you, uncover the secrets of New Donk City, and, most importantly, look out the sewers! They will be closed during the day, but during the night, the players can do down, and risk everything, and they will either emerge triumphant, or never be seen again.

Phases

There are two phases - Day, and Night, each lasts 24 hours. In each phase, the player will have the opportunity to perform various actions to assist them.

Day Phases

Day actions will be submitted in this thread. Players will be able to interact directly with each other. In the day, the players can do these actions:
- explore the area
- buy items from the shop
- complete jobs for New Donkers
- talk to NPCs

Jobs:
The players will be able to complete jobs by NPCs by talking to them and fulfilling a task. They will be rewarded with coins if the task will be completed successfully, but the amount of coins in question will depend on the performance and time. The coins can then be used to buy items from the shop. The jobs will change every day. Maximum 2 jobs can be completed per day.
NPC: I'm trying to translate this ancient manuscript, but I can't figure out what this is. The script says:
"After acquiring a purple cap of a lanky being who lurks in the shadows, the puzzle shall be solved. The cap in question is located at an isolated place."

Solution: the player must find Waluigi's cap, which is located on the Isolated Rooftop

Shop:
The player can buy items from the shop using coins. At the beginning of the game, each player has 100 coins. The offers will rotate daily.

Night Phases

During the night Phases, actions will be submitted via PM. Players will not be able to interact with each other. The players can perform these actions:
- explore the area (with less visibility)
- attempt to kill or rob another person
- enter the sewers

Killing:
During the night, players can attempt to kill or rob other players. Depending on how they plan it and other circumstances in question, the attempted kill or rob will either be a success, or a failure. There is a max. of 1 successful kill per night.

Sewers:
There is something under the sewers of New Donk City, something that seems to be very dangerous. However, with the right set of weapons, perhaps you could take it down?

Map:
Untitled1_20200701202307.png

Tips:
- Study the map carefully.
- During the Day phases, talk to NPCs and explore the map to uncover secrets.
- Plan your moves ahead of time.

Day 0
  • - pick one of the five numbered places on map to be the place where you sleep (confirm it in the thread by the end of the day)
    - plan your moves for the next day / night

NOTE: Night 0 will be skipped and combined with Day 0. During Day 0, the shop and the jobs will not be available.

Last edited:

Goombuigi

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
You find a New Donker with a construction hat, along with several Goombas with construction hats.
"Howdy," the New Bonneter says to you, "nice to see you, but it's a bit dangerous to be around here. The construction isn't completed yet."

Knyght

Your soul is Mine!
*A voice hails from the shadows*

"...Room for one more?"

Goombuigi

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
View attachment 5046
*takes helmet off*
I think I’ll be fine. This suit can float. Would thee care if I spectate?
New Donker: I'm not sure if that would be safe. Once the construction site is completed, it will be a bit safer to visit.

I claim building 1.
Magolor04726: Ahh, New Donk City! Always wanted to visit this place... (I Attempt to find Pauline)
You find Pauline at the New Donk City Hall Plaza.
Pauline: Hello! Do you need anything?

The Happy Mask Salesman

The sage of Hope
New Donker: I'm not sure if that would be safe. Once the construction site is completed, it will be a bit safer to visit.

You find Pauline at the New Donk City Hall Plaza.
Pauline: Hello! Do you need anything?

Only one character per participant, if that's what you mean.
Hmph.
Find a rope

Knyght

Your soul is Mine!
"I would think so. You see, I had some blasted pigiwidgeon and my registration to compete in this....Murder fiasco? Had to be reworked and I plan to help myself to your game."

Goombuigi

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
"I would think so. You see, I had some blasted pigiwidgeon and my registration to compete in this....Murder fiasco? Had to be reworked and I plan to help myself to your game."
New Donker: Oh, looks like we have a late arrival! Pick a place on the map to sleep in.

Goombuigi

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
*puts helmet back on*
Go to cafe
You see a New Donker in front of the Café. He notices you and speaks to you with a heavy French accent.
New Donker: Bonjour, young sir, unfortunately, ze café is closed until tommorow. I'm very sorry for ze inconvenience, monsieur.

The Happy Mask Salesman

The sage of Hope
You see a New Donker in front of the Café. He notices you and speaks to you with a heavy French accent.
New Donker: Bonjour, young sir, unfortunately, ze café is closed until tommorow. I'm very sorry for ze inconvenience, monsieur.
Ze? What does ze mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.