Mario Awards Killing Game 4 - Voting Thread

Deimos

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff

This is the official voting thread for Mario Awards Killing Game 4: Despair Incorporated. Each Case, we'll post in here to let players know that it's time for them to vote for the person they think performed the murder. Can you deduce the killer correctly and secure your investment? Or will the stock market crash due to an influx of Despair? It's time to decide!

The list of players is as follows:

DEIMOS MATRIX CORP.
#PlayerDisplay NameStatusRole
1Mariofan169Reigen AratakaAliveUnknown
2Hooded PitohuiSayaka KanamoriAliveUnknown
3Lord BowserRaymondAliveUnknown
4Epic NitwitVera MishamAliveUnknown
5ElevenLouieAliveUnknown
6Alex95NightmareAliveUnknown
7RoseradeJake MarshalAliveUnknown
8FantanoiceAliveUnknown
9DoomhikerAliveUnknown
10Fun With DespairScrooge McDuckAliveUnknown
11Power FlotzoRan MitakeAliveUnknown
12Smg2DaisyAliveUnknown
13LuluUnknownUnknown

ARCHANGEL SOLUTIONS
#PlayerDisplay NameStatusRole
1SuperchaoThe Big FiveAliveUnknown
2ShoeyRaven EffectAliveUnknown
3MrConcreteDonkeyErnest FineAliveUnknown
4YoshiFlutterJumpKersitAliveUnknown
5ZangeNahyuta SadmadhiAliveUnknown
6RaregoldEmpermanenceAliveUnknown
7Shy Guy on Wheelsgangsta marioAliveUnknown
8BBQ TurtleAliveUnknown
9ShygulLegate RikkeAliveUnknown
10LakituthequickAliveUnknown
11GoombuigiPaper GoombaAliveUnknown
12Luigi64DDKassAliveUnknown
13HeartsVarrickAliveUnknown

Case 1 voting for Deimos Matrix Corp. has now commenced. Please vote for your chosen player in LIGHT BLUE, using the format ##Vote: <player>.
Day 1 concludesDay 1 Incentive

All players who voted correctly will receive 3 shares in both NPCs available to their game
if a correct lynch is performed.

Darkwing Duck

The terror that flaps in the night
Well then, until further testimony, ah have to say that me vote's on this Fantanoice character. Cannae see who else would've pulled this act except for maybe Power Flotzo.

##Vote: Fantanoice

Last edited:

Alex95

NIWA Nut
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Do you know how I usually kill the other challengers? In direct combat! Votes are a coward's game!

...But I'll side with the others for now and say ##Vote: Fantanoice. While the lack of testimony isn't suspicious in itself, witness testimonies find her in the midst of the action.

Eleven

Goomba
Until any further breakthroughs I will ##Vote: Fantanoice.

Thamiel

Everlasting Godstopper
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Case 1 voting has begun for Archangel Solutions. Vote for your chosen player in magenta, using the format ##Vote: <player>

Day 1 concludesDay 1 Incentive

All players who voted correctly will receive 3 shares in both NPCs available to their game
if a correct lynch is performed.

Roserade

The Fool
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
jake-serious(b).gif
Marshall
Apologies, Bambina, but there just ain't no other choice.

UwU Master

We will cwush tis webelwion owo!
vote: mcd He wuz in twuh kitchy witchy twuh wongest of evwyone?!?!? *shocked uwus* Mwust bwe a mwurderwer! OWO!!!

Varrick

Here to do the Thing
##Vote: SGoW/Gangsta Mario

Tentatively voting for him since he had the opportunity to enter the pantry multiple times and lied in his testimony, but my answer isn't final until we have more information about the cause of death. Can't hurt to apply some pressure and make the guy talk, though.

Raymond

world's most valuable cat
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
damn, she was less bothersome than others here, but i guess i have no choice right now

Deimos

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff
Voting for the Deimos Matrix Corp. Killing Game has concluded. Please await the result.

Varrick

Here to do the Thing

I see, I SEE! Yep, it's all clear to me now. After giving it some thought, I don't think SGoW/Gangsta Mario is the culprit. I know he's the culprit. Prepare to be dazzled by my genius!

Our little killer entered Cafe Uriel sooner than everyone but the Freaky Five, who saw him enter the Kitchen area before anyone else did. He lied in his testimony when he said that it was already steamed up when he got there; our pal Ernest Fine wasn't there yet. In the Pantry, he used a role power to coat the floor with a layer of a spider web-like material. When he returned to the Kitchen, Ernest had begun to steam the place up and prevent people from recognizing each other. Gangsta grabbed a lighter and possibly a knife too, then returned to the main area of the Cafe.

At some point, our unfortunate victim warped onto the map and ended up caught in the sticky stuff not far from the Pantry entrance. Their mask also fell off and landed beside them in the web. Gangsta, either with sheer luck or a role ability to sense that someone was caught in his web, returned to the Kitchen. Keep in mind that he never gave a precise reason for returning to the Kitchen. If he didn't grab a knife before, he grabbed one now and headed to the Pantry. Around the same time, Beedle was entering the Kitchen to get supplies for grilled cheese. When he went to grab a knife, two were already missing - one taken by Ernest for his potato sculpture, and the other by Gangsta Mario.

Gangsta stabbed the trapped victim in the back, piercing his heart. Then, using the lighter, he ignited the web. I had trouble reconciling the stab wound with the burns on the front of the victim's body if either injury could be fatal, but the answer is obvious now. The burns weren't intended as a killing blow; they occurred when the culprit tried to get rid of evidence by burning the web. However, they didn't anticipate that the parts of the web underneath the victim's body and mask wouldn't burn.

After leaving the knife stuck in the victim's back, Gangsta dashed back to the Kitchen. This is the more hurried movement that Ernest heard behind himself. At the same time, Beedle started walking toward the Pantry to get supplies. The victim, still stuck to the floor while bleeding out and starting to burn, cast a spell with his final breaths. His role card states that he was capable of pyrokinesis, after all. He caused a small explosion behind himself in a defiant attempt to ward off his killer, unaware that they had already fled. Instead, he knocked back Beedle, who was in the doorway.

The explosion sent Beedle flying backward and gave him light burn wounds matching the burns on the victim's back. Gangsta lied about hearing two people hit the floor, because the victim was already stuck to the floor. The blast also deformed the handle of the knife and cauterized the stab wound, but the victim had already bled out significantly. Meanwhile, Ernest heard the explosion and began to flee. He also heard the sound of blazing flames, which matches up with the fire having already been set. Beedle shakes off his daze and leaves too, as does Gangsta Mario. Later on, Mario tokes up to give himself a convincing alibi for grabbing the lighter.

This hypothesis accounts for all of the evidence we've found. It explains all of the wounds on the victim's body, all of the eyewitness accounts of the scene barring the killer's lies, and the other evidence found at the crime scene. The killing blow doesn't matter because all of the wounds were inflicted by only two people: the killer and the victim himself. With all of that in mind, I'm keeping my earlier vote as it is.

Feel free to praise me now. Any objections can be taken up with my secretary.

Last edited:

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff

Multiple lies/inconsistencies in the testimony, and Varrick's summary makes a lot of sense

Beedle

WOW!
Poll Committee
OOHHH! How rude of this Gangster Mario to interrupt my sandwich making enterprise! It figures that a criminal wouldn't understand simple, peaceful trading...

##Vote: SGoW/Gangster Mario