Mario Awards Killing Game III: Eternal Star - Endgame: True Termina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird With Batrachotoxin
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
It seems that Vruet is in possession of Dupe Face's corpse. You would need his permission to use it for these purposes.
Now that you have Vruet's permission, you have Doomhiker use the Bowser suit to blast Dupe Face's naked corpse with a stream of fire. His burning is not as severe as Nitwit's and is much more evenly distributed across his whole body.

Investigate the Starry Gardens and the "doll"
In the Starry Gardens, you find Vruet sitting, with Dupe Face's now-charred corpse in his hands, among the now-wilted flowers which once resembled Toady and Coffee. The flowers are covered in vomit. Near the Eastern Wall of the castle, underneath the Eastern windows of the Flipswitch Room and Shrinking Tiles room, is a creepy-looking but normal wooden doll surrounded by shards of glass.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
take coffee's body and dump it in the lava pool on the roof

then see if I or anyone else can take it back out of the pool
You dump Coffee's body into the Lava Pool. He burns and very slowly sinks down into the Lava, becoming quite crispy, far crispier than Nitwit and with the burns more even on his whole body.

You can't retrieve him...you'd burn yourself severely trying to take him back out...

Hearts

In search of Doc P
At last, the final investigation is upon us. The riddles of this game slowly unravel, yet an unsettling miasma still lingers. The final showdown with evil draws near. I shall lend my knowledge to you all for one final time.

I woke up in the Baby Luma Room and left to the Foyer, where I saw Doomhiker, Roller, and Vruet all asleep along with Akira and Danny's corpses. I entered the Library where I saw a sleeping Dimentio and stopped by the Item Shop before continuing upstairs to the Hall of Killing Game Hosts, where John Doe was...also asleep, of course. Being an early riser can be quite lonely, but the Mad Magician is accustomed to a life of solitude.

I was determined to unlock the mysterious door upstairs using the key that I spent multiple nights undertaking several different tasks to acquire, only to discover that it was the wrong key. That was quite...vexing. I can only assume that this key unlocks a room that has already been forcibly opened with another method, and the key to the final locked room lies elsewhere.

The time I would have spent investigating that room was instead spent searching the area around the door, and I was joined by Roller and Dimentio at some point. I also saw a most strange sight while I was here: a white-hot suit of armor ran frantically up the stairs and into Boo's Room.

At this point, I warned the two tag-alongs to leave me alone and went down the Eastern Staircase to the basement. I entered the ruins of the Alcohol Storage, where I attempted to get through the rubble and see if anything in the Darkened Altar was salvageable. While I was in there, I hard some sort of commotion outside in the Royal Halls.

After a while I determined it was a lost cause and left, whereupon I saw what looked like a decapitated Bowser lying on the floor in the hallway. Roller and Dimentio appeared again and inspected "Bowser" for a bit, then we all left upstairs together via the Eastern Staircase. I noticed that John Doe was missing when we passed through the Hall of KG Hosts again.

When we reached the Darkened Passageway, I told those insufferable leeches my associates to leave me alone again while I entered the Comet Observatory and confirmed the location of the star that John Doe previously stole, only to find that it was not there. It appears that someone or something is still trying to hinder our escape from this place. With no more need to be wary of them finding the star, I allowed the other two to enter the room. I intended to fall asleep there, but Roller crammed us all into the Janitor's Closet for some reason. It wasn't very comfortable, but I managed.

That is all that I saw last night. With both the star and ztar now missing and my assistant lying dead, I hope you'll understand that I am quite irate. The Mad Magician will show no mercy to those who intend to get in my way.

Loohcs tneve emag noitamina cisum.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Taking Eleven's body from Cold Storage, can we put it in the armor, light the body itself on fire while in the armor, and compare those burn marks to Nitwits?
You attempt to stuff Eleven's corpse into a suit of armor from the Armory and set Eleven himself on fire. It... doesn't really work. The only fully exposed portion of his body is face. You succeed in scorching his face, but the fire doesn't spread to the rest of his body, instead just slightly heating the armor until it burns out, leaving Eleven's face disfigured.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
once again investigate nitwit's burns but take special notice to the shapes and patterns of the flame, in case there's anything we missed. is the "circle" of burns hollow or not?
The "circle" of burns is a thick line of deeply scorched flesh - as in, completely black - which wraps around his chest and back like a ring. It's about the width of your arm, you notice. His abdomen is similarly burned deeply, but here it's a large circular region on his stomach, essentially a large vaguely-circular large splotch region that is on his abdomen but does not extend to his sides or back.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
take eleven's body to the armory and put him lying face up against a set of armor, with his feet touching the stand. have doomhiker use the bowser suit on the armor. I'll push the armor onto eleven without putting my whole palm against the armor if I can avoid it.

compare the burn on eleven's torso to nitwit's torso
You carefully prop Eleven's body upright, with his feet beneath an armor stand. You then have Doomhiker, aiming so he can avoid Eleven, hear the armor with his flames until it's white hot. You then carefully slide the armor towards Eleven, pushing the stand so you don't burn yourself, intil it's in direct contact with Eleven.

It leaves a large burn on Eleven's torse very similar to the burns on Nitwit's torso.

Hearts

In search of Doc P
Is there any armor outside besides the one Nitwit's body is wearing?

Is there any armor missing from the Armory that was there in the last case?

Doomhiker

Cheep Cheep
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
I wake up in the Foyer. As I wake up I see Roller push Zange down the West Stairwell. As they disappear down the staircase a chainsaw comes hurling out of thin air at me. It slams into the ground and breaks apart into multiple pieces, part of the blade embedded in the floor. I notice that no one else is in the Foyer so I go buy a Deluxe Ice Flower from the Item Shop. Back in the Foyer, again empty except for Coffee's corpse, I play my otomatone and make puns for a bit. I see FWD coming up from the West Stairwell. Once he enters the Foyer I use the DIF to freeze him. I wait more, while playing music, until I steal ten coins from FWD. I drop all of my items and use my Return Pipe to go to the Magikorner in Bowser's Castle. I grab a wand and a spellbook, and am warped back into our Eternal Foyer, where FWD is still frozen. I go back into the item shop and buy another DIF. I grab a book from the library and I go downstairs to the Royal Halls via West Stairwell. Downstairs a drying trail of blood runs between the Armoury and a costume of Bowser. I step through the Engine Room and Costume Shop and go into the Break Room, which is scorched and destroyed. I go to the Lava Room and use my DIF to freeze the lava solid. I go to Bowser's Cage and use spells to break the barrier. I then use my otomatone to wake up Bowser. He breaks out of his cage and we go to the Break Room, talk, and sleep.

I ask Bowser to look at Nitwit and Jetamo's bodies to see if he notices something.

EDIT:Got consent, I compare FWD's chainsaws to the one the Foyer the attacked me.

Last edited:

Grell Sutcliff

thriving on soul since 2017
Core 'Shroom Staff
I've already mentioned this in the Discord, but I will say it here for consistency's sake:

So, Roller's night and mine were one the same.
I'll let him tell the things of which occured.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
I ask Bowser to look at Nitwit and Jetamo's bodies to see if he notices something.

EDIT:Got consent, I compare FWD's chainsaws to the one the Foyer the attacked me.
Bowser grumbles, but looks at Nitwit and Jetamo, making sure to specify he's only doing it because it might help him escape, not to help any of you...

But he's unable to notice anything which you can't notice yourself.

FWD's chainsaws are physically merged with his arms. They are similar to, but not the same as, the chainsaw which is currently sitting in pieces in the Foyer. FWD's chainsaw hands have streaks of dried blood on them, as well, but, then, so does the who front half of his body.

Junko Enoshima

Killing Game Founder
I should specify that I have absolutely no idea why I am bloody, unless it's from getting the shit clubbed out of me and dragged around.

Junko Enoshima

Killing Game Founder
Figured that if anyone would wind up dead, it wouldn't be Jetamo. The guy was tough. Guess I can give my account and help solve this though, for his sake.

When I woke up, I was confused. My sunglasses were gone, and my eyes stung, like someone put something in them. I get up and check to see if I've still got my Ztar, which I do, and I start heading out to meet Jetamo, when some knight guy comes in and knocks my block off with a club before I can even react, I feel like I'm being dragged as I fade out, but I can't say for sure.

Anyway, I wake up a while later in the Dark Star Room, and I notice my Ztar is gone. I also notice some kind of weird music, and an... unsettling love growing inside me for Dimentio. Personally, I'd rather not think about it. Not sure what got into me. Speaking of fondness for others though, I waited for Jetamo for a bit, 'cuz we planned on meeting here tonight to try and win once he got his hands on a Star. He never shows though, so I head out and find him dead on ground!

Something's not right though, there's a trail of blood leading out of the room, with a Bowser suit at the end of it. Guess he was killed in the hall and dragged into the Armory. I keep walking, and suddenly hear that weird music again. Without warning, Doomhiker jumps out at me, and freezes me solid, taking my coins while he's at it!

And here I thought that dude was supposed to be a good guy. Guess I was wrong about that. I thaw out a while later though, and pass out on the floor from general abuse, I guess. My stamina is way past awful, if you can't tell.

rollerC

Bob-omb
alright speedy testimony let's go

woke up in the foyer, doomhiker and vruet still asleep, vruet with dupe face's body
chibiki comes out of the library and we go to the seaslide room, take dante's glasses, leave em in the dust
we go back through the foyer to the library--nothing's different
up the eastern stairwell
hall of kg hosts, we hound hearts as he messes with the door, nitwit is sleeping here
hearts shrugs us off and go downstairs
we chill for a bit and then go downstairs ourselves, passing by mf on the way down
we walk through the foyer, suit of armor chugs past us, coming from the front door and heading into the library
doomhiker is still sleeping in the foyer, vruet gone, I push chibiki downstairs to the western staircase (this took a Long time)
doomhiker finally starts waking up as we go down
I push chibiki through the Royal Halls, where we find decapitated bowser laying on the floor. we inspect it with hearts for a bit and then hearts goes and we tag along
we go all the way back up to the hall of kg hosts, the only thing we see is that nitwit isn't sleeping here anymore
we headed to the comet observatory, hearts did his thing
then I shoved us all into the janitor's closet and we ended our night

Junko Enoshima

Killing Game Founder
Cut Eleven a couple times with both a kitchen knife and a sword from the armory. Which one matches Jet's wound closer?

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Cut Eleven a couple times with both a kitchen knife and a sword from the armory. Which one matches Jet's wound closer?
You first search for a kitchen knife, finding one in Jetamo's pockets, and use it to cut Eleven's neck, attempting to replicate the depth and size of the would as carefully as possible. While you can replicate the depth and size if you work very carefully to cut across the neck without pushing the knife in too deeply, the knife makes too clean of a cut to match the one on Jetamo's neck.

You then take a sword from the Armory and repeat your experiment. While it's easier to get closer to the size and depth of Jet's wound with a shallow slice across the neck with the tip of the sword, it is still too clean of a cut to match. The cut on Jetamo's neck has much more irregular edges.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Check the chimney, what's glowing in there? Hot armor?
You look in the chimney of Boo's Room, being careful not to burn yourself in the fireplace. From within the chimney, you pull out...

A large, glowing Star.

Inspect the armor lying in the sweet sweet bedrooms
This suit of armor is lying in pieces in the sweet sweet bedrooms, the floor underneath it wet but the armor itself not wet. A small piece of the armor is missing. The armor itself is slightly melted, and shows further signs of melting than the armor in the Armory or the armor outside the castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.