Not open for further replies.

Roserade

"Write your way into his heart..."
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
I tell Toady about Coffee's affair.
Can I just break the news gently that Coffee died? He deserves to know
You both talk to Toady, despite Nitwit trying to hold you back.

*"Ohgodiiiiicantbelievewhatshappenedmydearbeanwaterwhydidyougowasinotfaithfulenoughforyouwastheallureofrollerjusttoostrongiwouldvebeenthebesthusbandicouldvebeeniiiiiiipromisewhydidyougoandkillyourselfwasitmeifididsomethingwrongyoucouldvetoldmebutnowmytrueloveisgoneandcaughtintheallureofanothermaniiiiillkillthemastermindforcausingthisgamebutnoitmustvebeenmyfaultiiiiiiwasntgoodenoughforyouimnevergoodenoughimnevergoodenoughiiii—"

Toady lets out an utterly heartwrenching scream.

I talk to Zange's Luma, and ask if Zange was reading in the Library tonight.
You ask the Luma if Zange really was reading last night in the Library at some point. It nods quietly in agreement, although who knows if Baby Lumas even know what language is.

Junko Enoshima

Killing Game Founder
Y'know, guys, had I known I was gonna get mugged, I would have brought some other weapons, but it looks like these chainsaws were enough to keep my stuff safe. It's like none of you even tried.

To clarify, when I woke up in the Boo's room, I grab some firewood for my buddy Jetamo, then head downstairs, but wouldn't you know it, these phantom thief guys jump me and start kickin' me! Now, I'm kind of the best fighter here, so I mostly fight them off with my Devil Arms (heh), but not before they root through my bags. Luckily, I get them outta there before they take my wood.

Out in the foyer, Vruet's crying over his dead boyfriend, and that cueball-head tries to get me to join his play. Nice try, baldy, but I've got places to be, so I head outside with Jetamo and we set up a campfire out in the garden. We make some food, tell some scary stories, and even Bowsette comes by at some point.

Now, I'm starting to feel bad for the ol' hairless wonder at this point, so I go back inside, and Jetamo follows me, passing Hearts along the way in some kinda silent hill fog. Wrong series, guys. Anyway, inside I grab some sunglasses from that stupid beach room, and toss 'em on, because baby I'm performing with style. I head back into the foyer, and I just talk smack to the cueball for a while, but he carries on the routine like the whole thing's scripted, what gives?

Whatever though, we got a pretty big audience out of it, namely a drunk guy, a metal guy, Coffee and Roller, both asleep. Didn't matter though, because just as we were getting to the good part, someone starts talking politics, and Doomhiker shows off his awful music taste.

Screw this, I thought, so I went back to the beach room to sleep under the sun, or at least the lightbulb. Falling asleep on a beach chair, the curtain draws closed on another wild night.

Hearts

In search of Doc P
Inspect the Library for a place where the "To Kill a Magikoopa" book may have been taken from

Does what's left of the metal in the lava have any notable shape to it?

Check out the Dark Star room and Lava room, since they've been opened

Hearts

In search of Doc P
Inspect the armory. How many swords are missing?

Also, check out the broken sword in the Hall of Killing Game Hosts

Amoeba

Goomba
Very violent tonight, huh, guys? I know I wanted my watering can back, but did you need to be so rough with each other? Alright, time for another day of murder with all of you to figure out who killed Flubber. If only Coffee were here...

I woke up by the Alcohol Storage with my blanket and a puddle of melted ice cream nearby. I went through the Engine Room, where BBQ Turtle is coming in behind me, and then to the Costume Shop, where Chibiki is painting some thread, I pass the piranha plant here, quietly and calmly asking it nicely not to hurt me and be my friend, as I slip by. Looks like I get some use out of my social stat. I forgot to get ice cream, though, so I head back out, and BBQ Turtle is leaving with a bunch of stuff. I head to the Cold Storage and back. I take the ice cream to the Break Room and I eat ice cream next to the painting of my dearly departed while I blast deathcore on the sound system here. It's what she would've wanted. It's such a lovely painting, I bring it with me. I head upstairs and into the Foyer, where I witness quite the scene, but I think that's been covered enough in previous posts.

I was hoping for a performance by Dante, but he's nowhere to be seen, so I head outside, with MAGES. in tow with a torch. I remember that the torchlight doesn't reach the Balcony. MAGES. veers off to some starbit-ridden dirt and starts digging, and I find Dante and Maitre, having a campfire. I'm feeling a little sick from the ice cream, so I refuse any food from the kind butler. I hang out for a while, then I head back to MAGES., who I find pretty quickly because she's still outside. I spend the rest of the night with her, and I have a pleasant time. We collect starbits together, search the Golf Course for some coins, then we head back to the castle. Before we get far, a book falls from the sky, To Kill a Magikoopa... who's reading this nonsense?

On our way inside, we notice the armor sitting in the grass near the Entryway. Once inside, we see that Vruet, Akira, and Madeline are asleep, but the waddledee is still awake. Doomhiker is here making horrible noises playing some music on an otamatone. I missed the play, great. We head to the Luma Babies' Room and easily fall asleep there, to the sound of the rooms ambient lullaby.

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird With Batrachotoxin
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Inspect the Library for a place where the "To Kill a Magikoopa" book may have been taken from

Does what's left of the metal in the lava have any notable shape to it?

Check out the Dark Star room and Lava room, since they've been opened
It appears that To Kill a Magikoopa was just pulled from one of the Library's shelves. You check where it should be according to the Library's index of books, but you find it's missing from the "classic fiction" shelf. It appears another book - Catcher in the Reznor - is also missing, though this sits in a nearby chair.

It's hard to tell what the metal piece may have been, as it has been nearly completely melted down by the intense heat of the lava. You can tell the size, however, It isn't very large - easily something which could be held in a hand.

You head into the Break Room, and then into the little closet space... and suddenly find yourself transported into a small doorway in the Lava Room. Inside, you find a large circular pool of Lava dominates the room. But on the other side of the room, across the pool, a small platform rises out of the Lava. On it is a large cage, with some strange magic light reinforcing it. Knocked out inside of the cage is... King Bowser Koopa! There is nothing else of note in the room, so you walk out the way you came in to return to the Break Room.

Inspect the armory. How many swords are missing?

Also, check out the broken sword in the Hall of Killing Game Hosts
You step into the Armory, noticing that all the suits of armor - save for two reported missing earlier and now two more from FWD's investigation - are now standing fully assembled. The rack knocked down last night is still on the ground. Dupe Face's corpse is no longer present. Near the door in the back - which has now been destroyed, with the metal broken up and laying all around - stands one suit of armor with a large Ztar tucked under its arms. Now, you look into the Dark Star Room, and find nothing of note, the Ztar once housed here now in the arms of the armor suite.

Two swords are missing from the Armory, you tell as you search through the sword=racks.

You step up into the Hall of Killing Game Hosts and inspect the broken sword. It appears to have come from the Armory. It's been smashed into pieces.

Roserade

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
can I uh

grab the ztar

just reach out and

yoink
You attempt to pull the Ztar out from under the armor's arm, but damn, this thing has an... iron grip!

:boshi:

After some struggling, you finally manage to pull it out from under the armor's arm. It's large enough that you have to carry it under one arm, as opposed to just one hand.

Amoeba

Goomba
Can I find any heat-resistant gloves in the costume shop or engine room and some long, metal object in the armoury to see if the gold rose was on BBQ Turtle's body when she went in the magma, and try fishing it out?

Roserade

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Can I find any heat-resistant gloves in the costume shop or engine room and some long, metal object in the armoury to see if the gold rose was on BBQ Turtle's body when she went in the magma, and try fishing it out?
You stir around inside the Magma with a long metal spear, careful so that the spear doesn't melt. There is a little bit of melted gold mixed in with her gooey body, but most of the gold rose has been preserved. You bring it close to you, then grab it up with the gloves. You leave it outside of the Pool for a little bit to cool.

Last edited:

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird With Batrachotoxin
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Can I pour water from the gold watering can to cool it, and then take it?
You pour some nice cool water on the Golden Rose in order to accelerate the cooling process. You take it in your bare hands, and raise it into the air, admiring it. The sight of it in your hands moves you to tears. At last, at long last, you hold both the Golden Watering Can and the Golden Rose. Losing Boosette, losing Dupe Face, all the ruined nights, the trials and tribulations, the senseless violence... was it all worth it? For one brief and golden moment of inner peace, the answer seems to be yes.

Doomhiker

Cheep Cheep
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Inside the Lava Room I try to wake up Bowser by playing my otamotone at max volume, and I then try to talk to him. I look at Mariofan with and without Coffee's Silph Scope to see if I can observe any bruises or sings of injuries.

Roserade

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Inside the Lava Room I try to wake up Bowser by playing my otamotone at max volume, and I then try to talk to him. I look at Mariofan with and without Coffee's Silph Scope to see if I can observe any bruises or sings of injuries.
You stand across the way of the Lava Room, and start playing the otamatone on full blast. It doesn't cause Bowser to stir at all.

You take a glance at Mariofan, and discover that he has multiple bruises on his body, the most notable of which being an incredibly prominent bruise stretching horizontally along his forehead. Using the Silph Scope and looking closer proves nothing else.

Hearts

In search of Doc P
If we're looting Coffee's stuff, can I try his PokeFlute to wake Bowser?

Also, I'd like to try to get one of the fed baby lumas to turn into a sling star. Ask politely or something.

Also, is there a pink baby luma anywhere near the crime scene or balcony? In fact, let's look at the balcony in general.

Mariofan169

King Bowser
[o] From where I stood for the majority of the time in the Foyer before the play, could I hear Hearts breathing or flipping through pages in a book in the Library?

Hearts

In search of Doc P
Alright, let's rule out whether someone killed BBQ upstairs via elemental damage.

Check whether the bubble blaster is wet enough to indicate it was used last night

Is the lycopodium powder still in the Hall of KG Hosts?

Has the fireplace, tub of water, or bucket of ice in Boo's Room been disturbed at all since the last investigation?

Inspect the Mecha Bowser in the Toy Room

Finally, check each location I just investigated for any traces of goo.

Roserade

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
If we're looting Coffee's stuff, can I try his PokeFlute to wake Bowser?

Also, I'd like to try to get one of the fed baby lumas to turn into a sling star. Ask politely or something.

Also, is there a pink baby luma anywhere near the crime scene or balcony? In fact, let's look at the balcony in general.
You try the PokeFlute to awaken King Bowser, but even that doesn't seem to work. It seems as though you won't be able to get him awake.

You try to get a fed Baby Luma to transform, but it's incapable of doing so at this point.

There is no Pink Baby Luma in those two locations. You investigate the Balcony, and find a Piranha Plant on it. Its stem appears to be slightly damaged.

[o] From where I stood for the majority of the time in the Foyer before the play, could I hear Hearts breathing or flipping through pages in a book in the Library?
You decide to have him go up to the library, and test if you could hear him breathing or flipping through pages. While breathing is harder, you can make out the sound of turning pages.

Alright, let's rule out whether someone killed BBQ upstairs via elemental damage.

Check whether the bubble blaster is wet enough to indicate it was used last night

Is the lycopodium powder still in the Hall of KG Hosts?

Has the fireplace, tub of water, or bucket of ice in Boo's Room been disturbed at all since the last investigation?

Inspect the Mecha Bowser in the Toy Room

Finally, check each location I just investigated for any traces of goo.
The Bubble Blaster is wet, indicating that it was used at least once last night.

The lycopodium powder is still present in the Hall.

You investigate those areas in Boo's Room. While the tub of water and the bucket of ice have been undisturbed, there is an amount of wood missing from the fireplace.

You inspect the Mecha Bowser in the Toy Room. It has been rendered inoperative, and its chest is covered in what looks like red paint. A toy knife has been taped to its chest.

You check all of the locations specified for goo. You discover a small chunk of goo on a windowsill in the Hall of KG Hosts. This window has been shattered, and the stray glass is laying sporadically underneath the windowsill.

Doomhiker

Cheep Cheep
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
I check Coffee's Despair Ball if he has one, and I check Bowsette and Hearts for any goo on their person, and I show that I don't have any goo on me either.

Roserade

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
I check Coffee's Despair Ball if he has one, and I check Bowsette and Hearts for any goo on their person, and I show that I don't have any goo on me either.
You find that Coffee does not have a Despair Ball on his person.

Hearts and Amoeba both consented in Discord, so you check them for goo and find none on either of them. You also don't have any goo on your person.

Doomhiker

Cheep Cheep
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
I check the Sweet Sweet bedrooms for any missing seeds, or items in general. I check the general room too.

Status
Not open for further replies.