Mario Awards Killing Game III: Class Trial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin.
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Mario Awards Killing Game III: Class Trial Thread

This thread will hold all of the voting for both maps of the Mario Awards Killing Game III. As a reminder of how this works, once voting is opened during a day phase, players may place their votes on who they think committed the previous night's murder using the format #PLAYER. You may change your vote for any reason at any time until voting closes. When voting closes, the player with the most votes will be executed and removed from the game. If there are ties, one of the players tied for the highest number of votes will be randomly selected to be executed.

Please do not use this thread for anything other than voting. You may cast your votes and, while not required, are highly encouraged to post your reasoning for your votes. You should not make investigation requests or otherwise clutter this thread.

For Peach's Castle players, voting is open for Day One until 19:00 EDT on 26th June 2019. Please vote for the player who you believe killed Stargazing. To help keep track of voting across two maps, Peach's Castle players are asked to vote in red

Doctor Healmore

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
#Raregold

It's gotta be him. There are many holes in his testimony regarding the flour mess in the kitchen uncovered based on investigations, and he's the only one who could plausibly commit the murder. Everything just matches up.

And what really pushes me to make this vote is that he just tried to sweep up the flour and destroy our evidence. His ulterior motives behind that are blatantly obvious.

Roserade

"Write your way into his heart..."
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee

Voting is now open for Bowser's Castle players! Please follow the format above! Voting is open for Bowser's Castle players until 23:00 EDT on July 26th. Make sure to vote true for who killed LB! For clarity's sake, Bowser's Castle players should vote in blue.

Alex95

NIWA Nut
Wiki Administrator
Was initially going to go with Shygul, but #Raregold per Bandana Waddle Dee.

Coffee

Take your Heart
For Bowser's Castle, my vote goes to #Toadgamer. All of our evidence lines up quite nicely to paint him as the killer.

Hearts

In search of Doc P
Not using dupe names for this post, for clarity's sake

I think we've built a pretty solid case against #Toadgamer. I'll lay it out here for those who might've missed it, and for the accused himself should he decide to finally defend himself.

The murder probably occurred in the Hall of Princesses for a few reasons. The trail of purple sludge found by the body in the Foyer starts at the doorway to that room, a witness saw LB entering it, and the room was mysteriously pitch black - perfect for a trap.

This is a timeline case, and the key is the polterpup left behind by the dearly departed himself via his role. The pooch was perky early in the night, but became noticeably depressed later on. Both Eleven and myself can confirm the timing of this change. Logically, we can conclude that its master's death was the cause. Using that, we could clear anyone who was in the basement when its mood changed, which fortunately was half of the roster: Coffee, Mariofan, MCD, Roller, ????, Nitwit, Chibiki, and smg2Daisy. Most of these players were also hanging out in groups that could prove each others' alibis. Chibiki did leave the basement at one point to grab the book from the chapel, but they probably didn't have the time or means to kill LB, and their testimony helped to prove where LB was killed in the first place.

Schwarzwald, Gabe, and Shoey were upstairs at the time of the murder. The former two went upstairs together, and multiple players confirmed Shoey going upstairs right after he woke up. We also have evidence that all three of them stayed upstairs for most or all of the night.

That leaves the players who were on the ground floor at the time: Toadgamer, Eleven, and myself. I was in the bathroom, which several players saw me leaving, and I can vouch for Eleven being occupied in the Baby Bowser Room. The two of us being the only two players to see the dog twice and note the change in its mood that built this theory also supports our innocence.

That leaves our friend Toadgamer as the most likely suspect. ???? saw him enter the Hall of Princesses after waking up, potentially making initial preparations for the kill, and they also saw him in the Mechanic Room grabbing a metal box. He was also on the ground floor the whole night, supposedly playing smash in the Game Room.

As for exactly how the murder went down, that's...a little foggier. We know that the remains of three metal objects of various sizes were found with the body, and one had a rather specific shape. The only visible wound on the body was a head injury, but it also had some fleece from the sleepy sheep attached to it and was drenched in sludge matching the substance in the bathroom. It's possible that Toadgamer cut the lights in the room somehow, then prepared a metal box containing sludge from one of the toilets (which was noticeably emptier), a blunt metal weapon, and a metal cart or dolly of some sort to transport the body. Then, he waited for someone to enter the darkened room, incapacitated LB with some combination of the sleepy sheep and a blow to the head, drenched him in sludge for an unknown reason, then carted his body to the lava and dumped all of the evidence in with it.

...Like I said, we haven't really pinned down the method, but I think the culprit is clear enough based on the timeline and ????'s account alone. And that summarizes the report for this case.

Amoeba

Goomba
Obviously it was Coffee!

Wait. Wrong trial.

It was #Stargazing! Wow, she hated us so much she couldn't spend a second night here!

Doomhiker

Spiny
Poll Committee
Quote from Bowsette on Discord: "Rare was stabbed by someone else. Star was the only person in the room. Shygul mem checked.
Wait, so for @shygul's mem check, so anything behind the door is oscured, and rare gets stabbed. Rare gets stabbed by the only other person in the room, Star. Star had a knife. She doesnt have it at the end of the night unless someone took it or its inside her
Theres 2 knives missing from the kitchen, and 1 chef kinfe thats irrelevant. You have one and star had one. Star killed herself with her knife after stabbing rare"
Of course, Shygul was only stabbing feet, meaning the other knife likely was used by star for suicide. So I vote #stargazing.

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Attention Peach's Castle Partygoers!

A little under three hours remain to place your votes.

The current totals stand at:
Raregold - 2
Statgazing - 5

Lilac G.J

Trying to figure it all out
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Suicide

Unless Jet pulled something, Shy is innocent from stabbing me as well as other *bleep*y things

Doctor Healmore

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
Bandana Waddle Dee said:
#Raregold

It's gotta be him. There are many holes in his testimony regarding the flour mess in the kitchen uncovered based on investigations, and he's the only one who could plausibly commit the murder. Everything just matches up.

And what really pushes me to make this vote is that he just tried to sweep up the flour and destroy our evidence. His ulterior motives behind that are blatantly obvious.
Forget my suicide vote. I'm going back to #Raregold per my original vote. Although now we know that Rare couldn't have stabbed himself, this being a counterkill is the most viable option we have. Star probably stabbed Rare and Rare countered her and murdered her due to his higher strength stat.

Not a flawless theory but I'm incredibly skeptical of a night 1 suicide, and as long as this is still a possibility, I'm voting Rare.

Ice Cream Man

And It Don't Stop
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Vote: Raregold

This is my one and final truth.

I'm bout to distill upon how this murder would unfold,
Star went for the kill, failed, her plan went cold,
Rare has the strength advantage, got pissed, took the knife, and behold,
He counter killed the mofo with a bloody rage uncontrolled.

It is very clear to me that our murderer is Raregold.

edit: ok its probably suicide but i dont want to write more bars

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
One hour and fourteen minutes remains for Peach's Castle votes!

Raregold - 4
Stargazing - 6

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
#Stargazing

I'm no longer completely convinced that Raregold could have done it, and I'm not afraid to take the stat hit if it's wrong. I mean, I'm already dead, what else can you do to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.