Awards Killing Game III: Bowser's Castle - Day 3: A Wet Performance

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Hibiki Tachibana said:
Investigate the Indoor Pool's water.
The pool is a regular rectangular one, currently with floating strings to form lanes. The water appears to be a bit murkier than you'd expect from a filtered bath. An inflatable beach ball, some pool noodles, and an inflatable recliner are floating around between the lines. Splashes near the door imply that the pool has been dived into, and there are two visible trails coming out of it.

Hibiki Tachibana said:
Use my bomb to blow up the barrier in the Train Station.
You place a bomb at the barrier. When it explodes, it doesn't leave much more than a dent into it, as well as it being black now. What a waste of a bomb.

Hibiki Tachibana said:
Look around the theater for John Doe's body.
You in Fawful Theatre for any 'bodies'. You find a mannequin in a suit on stage, which is stabbed in its left arm and heart. Both wounds have what appears to be blood on it, and a utility knife is sitting in the heart wound. A white card with a pink shell drawn on it lies nearby.

Elevenstorms said:
Can I check the Library..? The barrier specifically, is it gone now? Has anyone passed through? What lies beyond?
You check the Library. Besides the thumbtack wall and hole in the ground still being there, it appears that the barrier is no longer there. It looks like some of the books have been disturbed.

Madeline said:
Host, present my notes, will you please?
You present two notes:

Dear Diary,

Im scared. Im so sick and so scared. I walked out of my throne room this morning, and at the base of the door was a… koopa body. It was one of the guards. He was dead. It was horrible.

Went to confront Kamek. He ●●●●●●●●●●●● me. Lakitu and Toady only watched. I now fear for my safety.

I confronted ●●●●●●●●●●● all he did was laugh. I tryed to punch him. Then he ●●●●●●●●●●●● ●●●●●●● and it took all i had not to scream.

Run downstairs to the ●●●●●●● Room. The Zta●●●● are free from the painting. Theyre glowing, theyre in use. Theres blood on the ground. I found a note. Hes striking ●●●●●●●each’s Castle next. This isnt a Bowser Party anymore goddamnit hes starting a ●●●●●●● ●●●●.

Im so terrifyed. Theres a painting. He defaced Mar●●●● what if hes dead whos going to save the castle

He wants me. I dont know why. I dont want to know why.

Tomorrow, i end this.
Dear Diary,

The Bowser Party is so close, i can almost taste it!! Oh, the moral (is that right?) of this castle has gone straight downhill! Uphill? Anyway, even Kamek is in for the fun now! I dont now what happend with him and ●●●●●●● but i couldnt care. At least hes not breathing down my neck anymore!! Hes been digging throw the old cabinets for items to use. Now the only magikoopa i want slugged in the face is the one that put my arm where my head should be on my statue! Who does that?! Oh, and i guess that Toady came back to, but who cares.

●●●●●●●●●●●● had some rad new sujestions. One of them was using the Ztars tucked into the castle somewhere. When i inheritd the place, i basiclly forgot where they were put, but i was sure we could find them. We found them in that little back room in the basement. They were all seeled into this bigass portrait on the wall. My bro ●●●●●● asked about sticking around and exprimenting with them. Im pretty sure only those of the King Koopa bloodline can use them? But oh well, some things in life need to be learnt the hard way! Grahahahaha!!!

Before i forget, i also found some old books in the library. Im not some lame reader type, i promise! But i didnt recognize them before. They said something about this thing called the Eternal Star? I should go talk to Kamek about those, it sounds perfect for plumber plummeling!!

Love, your ravishing leader, King Bowser xx

May I compare the water of the Hot Tub and Indoor Pool?

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Hibiki Tachibana said:
Follow both water trails from the Indoor Pool.
Both trails merge at the door, and then split again.
One goes to Koopa Bunks B, where the trail goes all over the place, mostly from bed to bed as it gets fainter and crosses into itself. A faint trail leads back out and towards the Dining Hall, where it gets too faint to see anymore.
The other trail goes through the western part of the hallways, where it crosses a fainter trail, then downstairs the Eastern Staircase, where it goes into the Carnival Storage. It also gets too faint to see as it gets outside at the Party Palooza.
You also look at the fainter trail. In one direction, it gets stronger as it goes up the Ladder to the Roof. It goes to the Hot Tub via the tent. In the other direction, it heads towards the Doctor's Office, where it also completely fades as it exists west.

Madeline said:
Investigate the wrench at the bottom of the Hot Tub, and try to place it into Shoey's head wound to see if it fits.
You look at the wrench. It looks like a normal wrench. You place it to Shoey's head, where the shape seems to match up.

Madeline said:
Check the Kitchen once more for signs of baking activity.
The only signs of potential baking is the canned meat on the table. It came from the pantry.

Madeline said:
Compare the thick water in the Kitchen to the murky water of the Pool.
You compare the substance in the Kitchen to water from the pool. They don't look like each other besides both being liquids.

Elevenstorms said:
May I compare the water of the Hot Tub and Indoor Pool?
The water in the Hot Tub is, well, hotter, and the pool water smells like chlorine, but both waters are otherwise equal.

John Doe

Ace Ice Cream Salesman...?
find a third water source (preferably still water thats already there like the hot tub and indoor pool, but if there isnt any then something like the kitchen tap will do) and see if it's at all murky like the pool and hot tub

Hearts

In search of Doc P
Find a pen in the Welcome Center and remove the ink, then compare that to the black stuff on the Kitchen floor. How similar are they?

Also, investigate the Dining Room. Has anything changed since the previous case?

John Doe

Examine the Piranha Plant Room, just in general for anything that's different, but also look for any black piranha plants. If I can find one, get a sample of it's ink and compare it to what's on the kitchen floor.

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Noisemaster said:
PRESENT ERNEST CLINEBORG'S WEDDING VIDEO (AND THE OTHER FOOTAGE)
You play the video's on the camera, starting with the most recent one.

The first video shows the Fawful Theatre stage from the audience's point of view. MCD runs on the stage, and starts a comedy show filled with incorrect references. At every 'punchline', a deafening silence occurs where laughter should be. Eventually, MCD seems to get tired, and falls asleep on stage. The video ends after exactly 30 minutes.

The second video shows the Wedding Chapel. Coffee and Toady in the front of the altar, as Chibiki stands behind it. From behind the screen, MCD storms into frame pulling ???? forwards, and he throws Chibiki away from the altar. He then shouts "ERNEST CLINEBORG PRONOUNCES ERNEST CLINEBORG AND ???? AS HUSBAND AND WIFE!", runs back towards the camera, and as the frame violently starts moving, the video ends.

The third and last video appears to be MCD rehearsing his show.

John Doe said:
find a third water source (preferably still water thats already there like the hot tub and indoor pool, but if there isnt any then something like the kitchen tap will do) and see if it's at all murky like the pool and hot tub
You pick up a pitcher of water from the Dining Hall and compare the water to the Inside Pool and Hot Tub. Unlike these two, the pitcher water is clear.

Hibiki Tachibana said:
Compare the sludge from the Bathroom? to the substance in the kitchen
The purple sludge does not look very similar to the black substance in the Kitchen.

MAGES. said:
Find a pen in the Welcome Center and remove the ink, then compare that to the black stuff on the Kitchen floor. How similar are they?
Comparing the two, it looks like the ink in the pen is blue, and the substance in the Kitchen is black, but they otherwise look and feel identical.

MAGES. said:
Also, investigate the Dining Room. Has anything changed since the previous case?
It appears that one of the chairs from the table has disappeared, as well as a flower from a vase on the table. Faint black shoe prints come from the Throne Room, ending about two thirds on the way south, facing the Kitchen. The spacing of the prints seem to imply a hurry.

John Doe said:
Examine the Piranha Plant Room, just in general for anything that's different, but also look for any black piranha plants. If I can find one, get a sample of it's ink and compare it to what's on the kitchen floor.
You look at the Piranha Plant Room. Just outside of it, a lot of dirt is lying on the ground, as well as the doors of the facility. Inside, the dirt between the doorway and the large Piranha Plant maw show clear signs of being disturbed. Near the mawed creature, two bottles with remnants of purple liquid are lying on the floor. Closer to the door, it looks like two holes have been dug, in notable absence of the one baby Piranha Plant previously here, and one of the large Piranha Plants has also disappeared. Near the holes, a piece of paper lies on the floor, appearing black on one side, with two thumbtacks with red points stuck into it.

No black Piranha Plants are present.

John Doe

Examine the piece of paper in the piranha plant room more closely

Examine the black footprints in the dining hall, particularly to see if they're inky or similar to the substance on the kitchen floor

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
John Doe said:
Examine the piece of paper in the piranha plant room more closely
You look at the paper. Upon closer inspection, it looks like it is an Ernest Clineborg poster, partially covered in the black substance. The thumbtacks' points are slightly deep red.

John Doe said:
Examine the black footprints in the dining hall, particularly to see if they're inky or similar to the substance on the kitchen floor
The prints look like the substance in the Kitchen, in dried form.

Madeline said:
Compare the canned meat in the Kitchen to YFJ's head wound.
The shape of the canned meat doesn't match up with the wound.

MAGES. said:
Let's check out that Throne Room, too
The footprints extend into the Throne Room, where they start in another small partly dry puddle of the substance with short slip marks. The cushion of the throne itself appears to have been lifted and not properly put back. There is a hole in the ceiling large enough for a person to fit through.

Coffee

Goomba
I'm tired we're not shitposting today.

-Went to the GGGR to check a hard drive. There were some pictures of a paratroopa on it. I changed the wallpaper on the PC to my logo.
-Toady was in the Chapel as I walked past
-Go to the Costume Shop to find an outfit for my Wedding. I find it

-Looking dapper.
-Search pockets for coins
-I went to go find the glowing ring in the Koopaling Quarters but it's not there
-Went to the Super Bell Sprawl to gather a bouquet and a corsage for the wedding
-Some boo fuck stole my Walkie Talkie.
-Polterpup wasn't wasn't in the Foyer
-Wedding happened. I'm married. I love toady. Attendees include Dimentio, Clineborg, Toady, Lulu, and Me.
-Clineborg attempts to one up me by pronouncing his marriage with Lulu, Dimentio took over as the guy who legally marries us what is that called help I forgot
-Me and Toady say

You: "Prepare for love."
Toady: "And make it never-ending!"
You: "In a castle full of malice and death…"
Toady: "Shines the man who takes my breath…"
You: "Once distraught, now I couldn't be happier!"
Toady: "Only this speech could possibly be sappier!"
You: "I take you, Toady, as my Husband."
Toady: "And I take you, Akira, as... also my Husband."

-Kiss
-I am in love
-Me and Toady go fall asleep in the Super Bell Sprawl

John Doe

Check out the roof in general, specifically if theres any black ink about the place
Investigate both koopa bunks

Hearts

In search of Doc P
Investigate the tent on the roof

Does Shoey's body feel any hotter or colder than a corpse should? Specifically the part of his body that hasn't been toasting in the hot tub all night

Eh, why not. Take a sip of the murky water. How's it taste?

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
John Doe said:
Check out the roof in general, specifically if theres any black ink about the place
MAGES. said:
Investigate the tent on the roof
You check out the roof. There is a tent set up in the center, angled to form a diamond when viewed from above, with a hole teared in its roof. In the tent, near the northern corner, there is a hole to the Throne Room large enough for people to fit through, as well as a giant hammer next to it. A trail of water from the Hot Tub goes through the tent down the ladder, and a few splashes are on the ground where Shoey is lying in the Tub.

John Doe said:
Investigate both koopa bunks
You investigate Koopa Bunks A. One of the beds looks tidied up, and a handmirror is missing from one of the bags. The bags look displaced.
You then investigate Koopa Bunks B. A trail of water comes in from and out to the hallways, and goes around through the room from bed to bed.

MAGES. said:
Does Shoey's body feel any hotter or colder than a corpse should? Specifically the part of his body that hasn't been toasting in the hot tub all night
Shoey's body is starting to get cold where it isn't in the warm water, if slower than usual.

MAGES. said:
Eh, why not. Take a sip of the murky water. How's it taste?
You take a sip from the murky water in the Hot Tub, before immediately spitting it back out. It's warm water with an unhealthy aftertaste.
You also take a sip from the Indoor Pool, before spitting it out even faster. That's chlorine water alright.

John Doe said:
check out mechanic shop to see if anything else is missing
In addition to the previously missing items, a rope is also missing.

????

Goomba
i woke up at the bowser statue next to poltuer pup and pet him

trhen i went to the fawful theatre to look at things i saw yesterdayt

like a mytserious trapdoor

i f ound some cash btw hah

anyway, when i entered the theratre, i saw akira stand in front of the costume shop and then he just enters

then i see dimentio walking from the stage and heading out

and then the stuff with the myusterious trapdoor in the theatre and finding 10 coins happens

then, i deicded i wanted a pet piranha plant

too bad baby piranha plant is urnning the sho

so i went to the pirahna plant room to find another one

baby piranha plants are cute

found a black piranha plant

it cute

then roller and eleven anger a big monster

they run away

i try to sneak away but adult piranha plants are awake and try to snap at me

they alert the big monster

i run away

the poster gets ripped off me at this point

i run around the corner and stand there to cathc my breath, then the boo appears

i go upstairs to get food for the baby

i leave it behind in the dining hall and go to the kitchen

well, there's yfj dead already what the fuck

huh, either way, i need to feed my baby piranha plant, so i get some food and give it to it so it can eat

i leave it to eat as i go to the carnival of truth

there, i see schwarzwalk in the tent and he greets me, and then he runs off downstairs. he says something about leaving it to us to find the truth

oh, and shoey is preforming the "day of the dead" for the third time

i watch shoey for a moment, then leave downstairs, i go back down to the bowser statue, and i see shwarzwalk ceoming from king boo's room, and then he heads south

i head back downstairs and sadly polturpup isn't down there still

im very sad

but there's the wedding so i head there

and then mcd apparently makes me his wife, what the fu

oh, there's polturpup yay

then the actual wedding happens

mages. enters during the ceremony

and then after it was all done, coffee and toady head out and go south

eleven goes to the hall of princessess

and then because polturpup was still there, i decide to stay and pet it, trhen i fall asleep there

???? claims the baby plant they had was left in the Dining Hall.
May I provoke it or otherwise see if it spits ink or any other substance and compare it to the black substance in the Kitchen?
I will also mix the substance with a jug or glass of water and compare the look and feel of it to the murky waters of the Pool and Hot Tub.