Mario Awards Killing Game III Lounge: Bonus Stars and Point Counts Posted!

Roserade

"Write your way into his heart..."
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Re: Mario Awards Killing Game III Lounge: Sign-ups Open

Alex95 said:
At the start of each night phase, we’ll announce the three items available at the shops for the night and detail their effects. You can purchase items from the shop using coins, and can keep up to three of these special items with you.
I'm assuming this is a first-come-first-serve deal? Having too many players buy the same item would probably cause some issues, unless they are just like minor items like stat boosters or something. I'm not sure what items you have planned, but giving everybody a sword for example miiiiight not lead to the best conclusion.
There will be a limitless supply of each of the items provided in the stores. However, each player has limited coins, with some items being more expensive than others, and one player can only carry three items at most from a store. Additionally, we've been taking a lot of care in how items are being handled, and watching any sort of balancing issues that may occur, so fret not. Thank you for asking a clarifying question!

Would you kindly sign me up for despair

Shy Guy on Wheels

Hornet from Daytona USA for Smash

I don't have anything funny to say, so enjoy some boring sign up text.

BBQ Turtle

Crazy sponsors lady.
Wiki Administrator
Awards Committee

Would I be able to sign up and give this a go, please?

Roserade

"Write your way into his heart..."
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee

Striker Luigi said:
Actual question: can I be a spectator?
Of course! Spectators will be accepted into the Discord server, and you can watch the shenanigans unfold on the forums. We ask that no spectator interferes with investigation or other in-game activities, but being present to watch is highly encouraged.

Gilgamesh

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff

Hmph. The quarrels of mere men are of no interest to me, the hero king of Uruk, but my informant has told me there are many riches I have yet to add to my treasury located here. In the interest of remaining above the lowly humans and arrogant gods present in this world, I will only join when absolutely necessary as a replacement for some fool who couldn't push themselves to play. I have little care for your so-called Killing Game at present, but when humanity can push themselves to their absolute limit, perhaps you'll be worthy of seeing my true power.

You mongrels had better set a worthy stage for Ea.

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

We should probably establish early on whose going to be useful and whose going to just meme.

Ribbon

Fairy of Ripple Star
Poll Committee

Honoka's #5 Fan said:
We should probably establish early on whose going to be useful and whose going to just meme.
I think I'd rather meme

Dupe Face

Another Dupe for my Collection

Be useful or meme? uh...
Awoo!

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Honoka's #5 Fan said:
what is being useful

that is a foreign concept to me

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

We should also as a precaution kill junko first. Look I know he's a good investigator but he will eventually start killing people because he craves blood. So we should probably just nip that in the bud.

Shygul

'sup

yeah killing fwd to prevent a murder sounds like a solid strat fams

rollerC

Bob-omb

Hooded Pitohui said:
Surviving a Complete Night/Intermission/Day Cycle: 0.01
Successful Murder: 0.2
Unsuccessful Murder: 0.03
Successful Accomplice Murder 0.03
Correctly Solved Case: 0.1
Correct Vote on an Incorrectly Solved Case: 0.03

???: 0.21
Victory: 0.35
Bonus Stars (End of Game Awards): 0.045
Question, if I may: why is the point count for correctly voting on an incorrectly solved case lower than a correctly solved case? Wouldn't it show that the player is better if they could figure out the right person where others couldn't, or am I missing something?

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird With Batrachotoxin
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

That's a very good question, and I appreciate that you asked that!

Remember, though, that part of the core gameplay experience here is a collaborative attempt to puzzle out who the murderer is through investigation and to eliminate them from the game through a Class Trial lynching.

It is true that correctly voting on an incorrectly solved case reflects independent thought and a willingness to work with the evidence rather than simply vote with the majority, so we wanted to awards some points for it. However, if you truly think you know who the murderer is, it's your job not only to vote for them, but to convince a majority of your fellow players to also vote for them by presenting your reasoning and uncovering evidence in the investigation that solidifies your case.

We want the point values to reflect the amount of effort a player puts in to positively contributing towards the game. The discrepancy in points here reflects that a correctly solved case should (in theory) involve not only correctly concluding who the murderer is based on available evidence, but working to make a convincing case to other players to build a coalition of players willing to vote against the murderer. Ideally, you get it right as a group, not as individual players.

Jetamo

Don't mind me.

Honoka's #5 Fan said:

For real though I'll probably be playing it a little cooler on the "grand overblown theories of how exactly it was a suicide".

John Doe

Ace Ice Cream Salesman...?

>signups opened 3 days ago and theyre already full
i'd like to think that i'm not late, everyone else was just really early

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Hello, everybody! With Doomhiker correctly moved to fill one of the reserved slot for new players, we were able to fit Amoeba into the list of players. That means, of course, that we have thirty players and sign-ups are filled!

We couldn't be happier with the overwhelming response to this game. We weren't expecting sign-ups to fill up so quickly, and we're thrilled to see so many of you are interested. Of course, with a large and involved game like this, we can be certain there will be need for replacement players, so please sign up to be a replacement if you're interested in playing but couldn't snag an initial slot.

For now, please don't hesitate to continue to ask clarifying questions as they come up. We're happy to answer questions and assist players both new and old as much as we can. We can't guarantee specific dates yet, but be on the lookout for regular updates in this thread leading up to the start of the game. Around a week from now, close to Friday June 7th, you will recieve your rolecards and we'll post an invite link to the Discord server. A week later, around June 14th, we'll post the maps and room descriptions. We'll keep you updated on specific release dates for this information as they get closer.

Thank you all once again for your interest! Let's make Awards Killing Game III a grand experience for everyone involved!

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Hooded Pitohui said:
Around a week from now, close to Friday June 7th, you will recieve your rolecards and we'll post an invite link to the Discord server.
One of our primary goals as hosts for this game is to keep players fully informed about our progress on work for this game, so we wanted to offer an update for anyone wondering about this. We are still on-track with finishing up roles and preparing the Discord server, but, for those of you eager to see what you'll be working with, it looks as though they'll be completed closer to the end of the weekend, potentially even Monday.

I will say, though, that we're quite excited to unveil some of these roles. We've prepared what we believe is an interesting collection of roles for this game, and we're looking forward to seeing your reactions once you receive them.

Thank you for your patience as we continue working through the final pieces of preparation for this game. We'll keep you up-to-date right here in this thread. Look forward to receiving your roles and a Discord invite in just a few days!

Hooded Pitohui

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Alright, everyone. It's time for an update and an announcement. We are currently working on preparing the last few roles, and they will be ready soon for a final review of the roles. Thank you once again for your patience. It's best to get these delays out of the way before the game begins, no? We tried to set the schedule so any delays would be on our end, before everyone gets to playing. In any case, your roles will be distributed sometime within the next 24 hours, with no further delays this time.

Until then, why don't you feel free to pile into the Awards Killing Game III Discord server? Spectators and players alike are welcome, and you can enter in for now and we'll assign you your proper roles in there as soon as we can. Please be sure to read the Discord server's rules, though. You can find the link here, or it will be added to the OP of this thread.

There really isn't much in here right now, because activity will pick up significantly when the game begins. We'll be adding more as the game nears its start date, though, so please don't worry. And, oh, on the ever-present question of emotes, we'll be adding a few more in before the game starts, but we're also open to suggested additions if you have them.

https://discord.gg/caVJ5yN

And, while you wait for roles, why don't you chat with your new housemates? We have determined which players will be starting on which maps, and you can find the lists here.

On Peach's Castle will be:
  • YoshiFlutterJump
  • dr EGGmang
  • Alex95
  • Smasher
  • FunWithDespair
  • Stargazing
  • The Pyro Guy
  • Raregold
  • Amoeba
  • Jetamo
  • Dupe Face