Victory is my destiny
Core 'Shroom Staff
Hey everyone and welcome to the first Mariowiki Awards Super Smash Bros. Ultimate tournament! As you can guess, this will be a tournament for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. There will be two tournaments opening simultaneously here, a Solo tournament for 1-v-1 matches, and one for Team Battles. Please read the rules for more information on that. Credit to Groden for some of the ideas used here.
So to keep things balanced, this tournament will lean towards more competitive settings. What this entails is the following set of rules:
- 3 Stock Lives
- 8-Minute Timer
- Items: Off
- Spirits: Off
- Final Smash Meter: Off
- Stage Hazards: Off
- Team Attack: On (For the Team Tourney)
- Battlefield (All Battlefield forms count as Battlefield)
- Final Destination (All Omega forms count as Final Destination)
- Lylat Cruise
- Pokemon Stadium 2
There will be 5 rounds for each tournament, with 10 days between rounds to complete sets. If you fail to complete a round, it may count as a round forfeit. If it happens more than once you may be removed from the tournament. If everyone completes their matches early, the next round will start immediately and will have the leftover days be added on to the round time (For instance if Round 1 finishes 5 days early, Round 2 will be 15 days).
The tourney will use a Swiss system to find similarly ranked teams to play against in best-of-3 sets. For those unfamiliar how it works:
- The first team you will fight against will have a similar collaborative rank to your own.
- Afterwards, you will face off against teams with similar win-loss records in an attempt to rank up.
- You will never fight the same opponent twice in the same tournament.
The tournament brackets will be generated by Challonge. I will have links to them in the forums as well as displayed in this thread and update it as the tournament moves along. There will be no tokens at the end, as that system is being retired. Depending on the situation in the future, I may offer something in the future, but that is not a guarantee.
PLAYING A SET:
Participants can either mutually agree on a stage to play, or use stage striking:
- Participant 1 bans one legal stage.
- Participant 2 bans two legal stages.
- This leaves Participant 1 with a choice between two of the legal stages to start the set on.
- The losing participant of the previous round then picks the next stage from the legal list, if that stage has not been played in the set yet (bans for the first match do not matter).
SIGN-UP AND DATES:
As mentioned, there will be two simultaneous tournaments occurring, a SOLO and a TEAM tournament. You can think of this like how the Smash 3DS/Wii U was done simultaneously a few years ago. You are free to sign up for one or both tournaments.
To sign up for the Solo tournament, I will need the following:
- Your Username
- Your Nintendo Switch Nickname
- Your Nintendo Switch Friend Code
- Your Time Zone
To sign up for the Team tournament, I will need the following:
- Both of your Usernames
- Both of your Nintendo Switch Nicknames
- Both of your Nintendo Switch Friend Codes
- Both of your Time Zones
- A Team Name