General Discussion

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Gonna be starting to send out final presentation quotes for all of the ones I have received. It is likely that I'm sending back to you exactly what you sent back to me with basically no alterations, but it is a process that must be done :bowser:

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
As I'm sending these out, please be aware that the new forum software has changed how some formatting works, so it's taking me a lot longer than usual and I have to be a lot more careful. If you notice anything is broken, or an image is not the size you want it to be, or anything else, feel free to change it when you post or let me know.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
there's timestamps right in the first post that list what time everything happens in your time, right next to the EDT time

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
The Chat Party will take place in #mwikiawards on Darkmyst (irc.darkmyst.org). To access it if you otherwise don't know how, click this link, enter your name, and then type “/join #mwikiawards” or this link and enter your name. The Chat Party is basically there for direct access to Awards Staff as the event goes on where we post minute-by-minute updates on what's going on currently and what's coming up. You are more than welcome to also use Discord, though we will not be maintaining an active feed on that this year (maybe next year!) If you need help, feel free to ask.

I do encourage you to post commentary on results and presentations within the ceremony topics that will be created a little bit before they all begin, as that is where they will be most seen by the presenters as the event is going on and after!

Dr. Eggman

I am the enemy, I will succeed
[23:34:23] <Alex95> >6 votes for Bluster Kong
[...]
[23:34:28] <Alex95> SGoW this wasn't your doing was it?
No, I helped support the grand return of our king.

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
In the "Fail Awards", there is one about game mechanics that people didn't like. One of the options is Stickers/Battle Cards, which won first place. Something I don't understand is why both Stickers and Battle Cards are considered the same since to my understanding, Stickers represented not only consumable actions, but also a limited inventory since Thing stickers occupy a lot of space in the inventory, as opposed to battle cards where each Thing only occupied one card out of a 99 card deck. Stickers also uses a slot machine which basically entails getting the most out of it only if 3 icons matched, while Battle Cards are always beneficial to the player because you always get a card that you can use immediately (and if you are audibly observant, you can get any card you want just for the minimum price required).

Even in the presentation, the complaint basically only mentioned Stickers.

Thank you for reading.