MAKG2: Gloomy Manor - COMPLETE: Tales of Soap and Spaghetti

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Mario Award Killing Game 2: Gloomy Manor Thread

Please be sure to read the rules! Also, if you want to join the Discord server, click here!

Player List: Gloomy Manor
1: Pitohui - Killed, Night 1
2: S2D - Executed, Day 3
3: Shoey
4: Shy Guy on Wheels
5: Alex95 - Killed, Night 2
6: Tucayo
7: Yoshi876 - Executed, Day 3
8: TPG - Executed, Day 2
9: Raregold
10: Gabby
11: Geeky - Killed, Night 3
12: Toadbert
13: Ninelevendo - Executed, Day 1
14: Meta Knight - Killed, Night 3
15: MCD

Map

Lobby - A small room with a seemingly out-of-order elevator, even though its lights are still on. There's a door that leads to the Library, and an eastern door connecting to the Balcony. There's an ugly painting of a cubical ghost here.

Library Loft - The second floor of a two floor room. The second floor simply offers a painting of fire, a view of the first floor and a path connecting the Lobby and Dining Room.

Dining Room - Contains a large table, several chairs, several food carts, a cabinet with silverware and plates, and a dumbwaiter that can take users to the Kitchen, so long as they aren't carrying too much, or else it might break. The door to the south leads to the Balcony.

*Balcony - Outside area. A large balcony that hangs over the Patio and connects the Dining Room and Lobby. There’s a small grill and grilling utensils here.

Master Hall - A large hallway that connects the Foyer Overlook to the Parlor, Guest Room, and Bard Hall. There is a pull down hatch at the end of the hall which leads to the Rafters.

Parlor - Contains a phonograph and several records, two chairs, a grandfather clock, a ceiling fan, and a large fireplace. The fireplace is quite large, and missing any trace of firewood.

Master Bedroom - Contains a giant, a closet with a few coats (though nowhere near as many as the coatroom), a compact stove, and a folding screen. A door to the right leads to the Study.

Study - Contains desks, writing utensils and paper. There’s a fireplace near the carpet, which is also seemingly empty.

Rafters (not pictured) - The only third floor room. Contains large piles of armor, weaponry, and other sorts of junk. There are a few paintings and a lone vanity here, as well.

Bard Hall - Hallway that extends from the Master Hall. Lined by several jester suits. Rooms 9-15 are connected to this hallway, with each jester suit emblazoned with a number corresponding to the door it stands next to.

Entrance - Contains a coin painting, several suits of armor, and a chandelier. Leads to Garage (left door), Mudroom (right door), and Guard Hall (forward door). The front door is also here, but there’s no way to leave!

Garage - Contains a variety of tools and stuff you would generally find in a garage. A single car is planted in the middle of the room, though it doesn’t run. Connects to the Staircase.

Music Room - A room filled with various cds, cd players, and instruments. A door to the right leads to the Garden. There's a large rug here.

*Garden - Outside area accessed by the Music Room. Surrounded by shrubbery, includes lampposts, dead trees, and various plants. A large Shed is also here.

Shed - Only accessed from the Garden. Contains a lot of various stuff like you’d find at a yard sale.

Guard Hall - Hallway that connects the Entrance and the Foyer. Lined by several suits of armor. Rooms 1-8 are connected to this hallway, with each suit of armor emblazoned with a number corresponding to the door it stands next to.

Zen Path - A tranquil pathway that connects the Common Hall to the Stair case, with a gated fence on the left side. Is under cover from the rooms above.

Staircase - Contains stairs to 2F.

Foyer - Two story room that contains a working fountain and a movable aquarium filled with various tropical fish. Contains stairs to the Foyer Overlook, and various doors. 1F East leads to Coatroom, 1F West leads to Common Hall, 2F North leads to Lobby, and 2F West leads to Master Hall.

Coatroom - A room filled with not only coats, but almost every other kind of outfit and costume imaginable. However, no user-based costumes are present. A door on the right leads to the Bathroom.

Bathroom - A simple bathroom with a working shower, toilet, and sink, and plenty of makeup.

*Patio - Outside area. Connects the Common Hall and the Kitchen. There is a large fountain in the center with three small fish statues connected to it, and there is a statue of a Yoshi wearing glasses to the right. There's a pile of wooden planks near one of the walls.

Common Hall - A large, L shaped hallway. It connects to the Lab, Studio, Library, Patio, and ????

Library - A two floor room. The first floor is accessed from the Common Hall or Kitchen, and contains a large amount of books, a fireplace, a globe, and a grand piano.

Lab - A laboratory featuring multiple machines and other science-y things you'd find in a lab.

???? - ????

Studio - Contains a large canvas, several art supplies, and a large amount of paint. Some cameras can be found here as well.

Kitchen - Accessed through the Patio or the dumbwaiter in the Dining Room. A normal kitchen containing a large amount of food, a fridge and freezer, a sink, many pots and pans, a stove, and several cabinets and shelves. The door on the left leads to the Library.

Under the Stairs - A cramped area under the foyer stairs, as the name implies. There's a door to the foyer to the west, and a concealed door to the Patio to the East. A lone E-Gate sits in a nook behind the Foyer's aquarium.

It is now Night 1!

The first killer in each game will receive a special bonus after the trial concludes. No matter the outcome of the trial, it will benefit them in life and in death, but obviously, the reward will be greater if they get away with the first murder of the game!

Night 1 ends 3 PM Eastern time, July 18th! This is a special 48 hour phase to let you get used to the map and planning around it; future nights will only be 24 hours.

Ice Cream Man

And It Don't Stop
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Re: MAKG2: Gloomy Manor - Night 1: Let the Games Begin

The... the...

The Oct-Octarians are coming.

They squidnapped me and the rest of you, and trapped us in this krilling game!

I trout that we can survive this... Whale, no bother, I should introduce myshellf anyway.

Squidbeak Splatoon, call me the Captain,
Under this moon, a manor that we're trapped in,
It's not all doom, but don't start relaxin',
I'll be the first out my room and the first to start slappin'.

Alex95

NIWA Nut
Wiki Administrator

The time has come! Let us all enter this n-not-at-all spooky mansion!

My objective is simple: To be the last one standing. Sounds easy enough.

W-wow, there are... actually a lot of people here. Some of them look like... they've been through this before.

Heh. No matter! I shall learn my opponents' moves, exploit their weaknesses, and learn every nook and cranny of this place!

I may be new to this game, but the rewards are too great!

Those beautiful shiny tokens... I will gather as many as I can, and win prizes! All for killing my fellow comrades!

...What in the world have I gotten myself into...?

Doctor Healmore

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee

To kill, or not to kill. That is the question.

Oh, and if the answer is "not to kill" then you get killed instead! :bowser: :bowser: :bowser:

Lilac G.J

Trying to figure it all out
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

W-What's going on? W-where is this p-place?
Raquna?
Simon?
Arthur?
W-where are you guys?

Panicking won't help the situation. I guess I must've gotten lost in the Labyrinth and somehow ran into a Geomagnetic pole without realizing it. If I can find one then I may just be able to get home. But there is another problem. All these people. I don't like the way they're looking at me. As much as I hate to say it something must be done about them.

if I've got no other choice than I guess I'll have to fight my way out of here. Well it won't be the first time I've been faced with deadly odds. So I guess here goes nothing. When you all get to the other side tell them Frederica Irving sent you.

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin.
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Fredrica Irving said:

if I've got no other choice than I guess I'll have to fight my way out of here. Well it won't be the first time I've been faced with deadly odds. So I guess here goes nothing. When you all get to the other side tell them Frederica Irving sent you.

Hehehe... you seem alright. Not many women around here show that kind of fight; that's commendable. You know, if you can prove yourself more than just talk, I might just be willing to take you on as an apprentice. Us girls, we've got to stick together, right? That is, if you're not just here to look pretty.

But hey, if you're good enough to make it to the Treacherous Mansion with me, maybe you can help me take down that absolute farce of a musician in Old Clockworks. Her musical talent seems like it's no better than the fight she could put up, that is to say, she has none. Someone like that, who thinks music entertainment is going to get her what she needs in life... that she could ever feel the thrill of survival and death on stage, I almost pity her for being that deluded.

GabbyHayes

BOW DOWN!

Why are you acting so dramatic about this...?

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Night actions are now locked! Please be patient as it'll take some time to write out who dies :bowjr:

Doctor Healmore

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee

Just wondering, how long does it normally take to receive word back for our actions?

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

A body has been discovered!
Hooded Pitohui has been found dead in the Guard Hall! He was...

None of your business! He will be joining the Ghost Killing Game later!

Monokuma File:
- The body is located on the ground near the Foyer entrance.
- The body is badly burned, and a suit of armor is holding a sword that is lodged in the victim's head.
- The suit of armor on the other side is holding a guitar, and the track "Darkness Returns" from Kirby: Planet Robobot is playing in the hall.
- There is a large burn mark on the ground of the Foyer.

Other Information:
- Both the Lab and the Kitchen have been completely trashed out.
- A phonograph playing Castlevania music is on the floor in the Common Hall near the Library door.
- Both doors to the Library itself have been completely sealed shut.
- A dead tree has fallen in the Garden.
- The car in the Garage has been spray painted red.
- ??? has been identified as Under the Stairs!

The day phase will last 24 hours, ending on !!

Results will take me a bit more time to write out because I have been busy with real life issues all day. Expect them very soon.

GabbyHayes

BOW DOWN!

I'd like to inspect the kitchen a little further.

Meta Knight

Victory is my destiny
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Investigate Pitohui's corpse

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff

Inspect the ground around HP's body

Linhardt von Hevring

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

why is the library closed

Lilac G.J

Trying to figure it all out
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

It looks like she was all talk and no walk. I guess I won't be seeing you in the Treacherous Mansion. Shame really you could've made a great ally, but there are plenty of others around to fill that role.

MsRetroGeek

Shy Guy
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Inspect the Lab for anything that could be missing

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

ALL RESULTS HAVE BEEN SENT! Apologies again to everyone for the long wait tonight, I'll do my best to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Green Thunder said:
I'd like to inspect the kitchen a little further.
You investigate the Kitchen. You find that the entire room has been trashed out, with all of the cabinets kicked in and various glassware and chemicals being thrown on the ground. All of the knives appear to be gone, and a frying pan is missing as well. Some food appears to have been cooked in here as well.

Meta Knight said:
Investigate Pitohui's corpse
Hobbes said:
Inspect the ground around HP's body
You first investigate Hooded Pitohui's body and look at his head. You discover that instead of blood, exposed wires and various machinery are in the wound! His skull appears damaged beyond repair, and his body has suffered heavy fire damage. You then check the ground around him, and discover a tripped wire connecting the Armor in front of Rooms 1 and 5.

Alex95 said:

Red paint on the vehicle, huh? Sounds intriguing, perhaps it is a hidden message! I shall investigate!

(Changed because my original "Look at the red paint" was boring :p)
You look at the car in the Garage and see that someone has spray painted it red during the night. You also notice that the car appears to have been sat in during the night.

Turboo said:
why is the library closed
You can't get into the Library, so you head up to the loft and look down. You see that the piano has been moved against the doors leading to the Common Hall, and both sets of doors have a lot of tape applied to them, sealing them shut.

Rin Shima said:
Inspect the armor
You look at all the armor in the Guard Hall. You notice that Knights 1-4 are supposed to have swords, and Knights 5-8 have spears. Knight 1's sword has been knocked downward, and it is currently lodged in Hooded Pitohui's head. Knights 5 and 7 are both missing their spears, with Knight 5's having been replaced with an acoustic guitar with no strings. Knight 3's helmet is missing, and Knights 6 and 8 are missing their chestplates entirely.

Scarlet Witch said:
Inspect the Lab for anything that could be missing
You inspect the Lab and find another big mess. All the machines in here have been pretty much destroyed and spread all over the room, and a bunch of chemicals appear to be missing.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
Inspect the foyer for fingerprints
Suddenly, a voice echoes in the mansion: "fingerprinting has been banned since the Luigi's Mansion incident of 2017". Try something else!