Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Battle Tournament #2 · Winner: Crackin355 · Tokens

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Hello there ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the second Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Battle tournament!
I am your host for the season, Lakituthequick!

So how will this tournament go?
Battles will happen in groups of up to 10 people, depending on the amount of sign-ups. The amount of people that will move on will also be slightly dependant on the sign-ups, but will most likely be 2 to 4.

When will this happen?
Currently, the planning for the MK8D tournaments to happen is from 30 July to 19 August, with the versus tournament first and the battle one after that. When specific people race is to be determined, also with availability and flexibility of the participants in mind. You will receive a survey prior to the event to indicate your availability in this period.

Which Battles Modes will be used?
The following modes will be used: Shine Thief, Balloon Battle, Coin Runners and Bob-omb Blast, in that order. One mode is used per round, so everyone in the same round will have the same mode. That means that if there are three rounds, including finals, Bob-omb Blast will not appear this year.

I'm missing Renegade Roundup.
Good observation. Renegade Roundup is the oddball because it requires teams, as well as having a scoring system that gives The Law an advantage even if The Renegades win.

What are the battle rules?
Battles will be without teams, with Normal Items. Rounds will be 4 minutes. On the course selection screen, you shall only choose for Random Course.

How do we communicate during the battles?
During battles, you are to join the IRC-chatroom #AwardsKart on DarkMyst. The easiest way to go there if you've never been there before is by going to Special:Webchat on the Wiki, and typing "/j #AwardsKart" once you're there. Don't hesitate to ask for help if needed.
If it so appears that every participant has an account on Discord, I may create a server for this purpose.
I will be in all battles to act as referee and note down the results as well.

How do we connect in-game?
While Mario Kart 8 Deluxe does have Tournament functions on its own, we shall not be utilizing those during the tournament. Instead, we will make use of the Friend Room functionality. This allows for more flexibility, longer lobby times and other things.

I'm interested, how do I sign up?
Very simple, post below with the name on your profile, your friendcode, and your timezone (be mindful of daylight saving times).

Group A

• Fantanoice (11:30)
  • Turboo (18:30)
  • PowerKamek (19:30)
  • Luigi 64DD (20:30)
  • Mario Kart DS Fan (21:30)
Group B

• Crackin355 (0:00)
  • Meta Knight (7:00)
  • Lakituthequick (16:00)
  • Toadgamer (17:00)
  • winstein (22:00)

• Turboo (3:00)
  • winstein (18:00)
  • Fantanoice (20:00)
  • Crackin355 (20:00)

ConditionValue
Winner of the tournament30
Runner-up of the tournament20
Third of the tournament15
First in a round15
Second in a round10
Won a race5
Second in a race2
Appeared for a round5
Eliminated in round 15

Crackin35594
Turboo79
winstein56
Fantanoice26
Lakituthequick16
Meta Knight14
Luigi 64DD10
PowerKamek10
Mario Kart DS Fan5
Toadgamer5

Marie

If you find any good Marie fanart, send it here!
Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Battle Tournament #2 · Sign-ups

Luigi 64DD
4184-5900-3232
CDT

Doctor Healmore

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee

Ha, I thought I signed up for this already. Guess not...

Anyway, you know my FC from the other MK8 tournament.

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality

winstein
SW-7942-2874-4689
MYT

Thank you for reading.

Linhardt von Hevring

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

turb
SW-1512-5312-3150
Arizona etc.

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Okay, we are currently at 10 sign-ups, which is way less than the amount of votes received for Deluxe on that poll earlier and also less than the VS tournament has now. More sign-ups would be much appreciated.

Sign-ups will be open until we are near the finals of the VS tournament. Surveys for those that haven't signed up for the VS tournament will be send around then too.

PowerKamek

Rest In Peace, Walkazo

Profile: Memere
Friendcode: SW-4470-4395-6713
Timezone: MDT

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Battle Tournament #2 · Round 1: Shine Thief

Group A

• Fantanoice (11:30)
  • Turboo (18:30)
  • PowerKamek (19:30)
  • Luigi 64DD (20:30)
  • Mario Kart DS Fan (21:30)
Group B

• Crackin355 (0:00)
  • Meta Knight (7:00)
  • Lakituthequick (16:00)
  • Toadgamer (17:00)
  • winstein (22:00)

Marie

I won't be able to do it at that time. I forgot to put that I'm not available Sunday mornings on my survey; sorry about that.

Edit: I'm also going out in the afternoon tomorrow so I'm not sure if I'll be back in time for Group A in the event that you wanted to swap me.

Meta Knight

Victory is my destiny
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

I'm not available tomorrow, it might have been overlooked because I put it in shortly after I originally filled out the survey. If you could swap me that'd be great, but if not I'm okay with just being absent this round. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Czario said:
I won't be able to do it at that time. I forgot to put that I'm not available Sunday mornings on my survey; sorry about that.
Please update your survey, so I can take that into account in the future.

Czario said:
Edit: I'm also going out in the afternoon tomorrow so I'm not sure if I'll be back in time for Group A in the event that you wanted to swap me.
If you tell me at what time you return I can make group A up to an hour later.

Meta Knight said:
I'm not available tomorrow, it might have been overlooked because I put it in shortly after I originally filled out the survey. If you could swap me that'd be great, but if not I'm okay with just being absent this round. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I have you on this day as "inconvenient", not as "absent", so that's why I did schedule you there.

I will swap you two around.

Marie

I updated my survey. I'll have to get back to you on what time I'll be getting back. I should be able to find out in a few hours from now.

rollerC

Bob-omb

If it's possible, I'd rather be slotted in tomorrow. I'll be in London on the 12th, and I'll be pretty jetlagged and spending time with family, so tomorrow would work way better for me because it'll be before I leave. If not possible, it's totally cool, I'll find a workaround or worst-case, drop out.

Doctor Healmore

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee

My family has plans to go to Pennsylvania this week, and if everything goes to plan I will miss this battle and possibly be forced to drop out. I don't know the exact time we leave or the day we return, however.

yall need to up your survey game

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

I can also swap you two around if you want.

As for surveys, YFJ's thing is unexpected and of unknown date, so not much we can do there other than trying to avoid it.
Roller did mention being abroad, but not that he wouldn't be available for races. While planning I have even kept his timezone of recidence at that time in mind.

Doctor Healmore

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee

Alright, learning more about my trip...sorry LTQ, I didn't want to do this...

I have to drop out