Mario Kart 8 Deluxe VS Tournament · Winner: Crackin355 · Tokens

Which Rainbow Road should the finals be on?

• [IMG]https://www.mariowiki.com/images/3/39/MK8-_Rainbow_Road.PNG[/IMG]

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • [IMG]https://www.mariowiki.com/images/9/9f/MK8-_N64_Rainbow_Road.PNG[/IMG]

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • [IMG]https://www.mariowiki.com/images/6/6d/MK8-DLC-Course-icon-SNES_RainbowRoad.png[/IMG]

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe VS Tournament · Round 1

Round 1 - Group D
1. MST3K (18)
2. Turboo (14)
3. Mr. Edo (7)
4. YoshiFlutterJump (5)

MST3K and Turboo are through to the finals! Congratulations!

Courses
Grumble Volcano Wii
Shy Guy Falls
Hyrule Circuit
Dolphin Shoals

Raven Effect messaged his absence beforehand and Mario Kart DS Fan was absent.

Right now I'm having a little bit of a problem though: there are literally no moments were all finalists are available.
Thus I have a request for Fantanoice and Shy Guy on Wheels: would any of you be willing to race between 23:00 and 02:00 for one time?

I'm thinking of:
  • (Fanta races early in the night; plus or minus two hours)
  • (SGoW races late in the evening; plus or minus one hour)
  • (SGoW races late in the evening; plus or minus one hour)

The alternative is having semi-finals and then hoping the finalists are available.

In the meantime, I've added a poll with the three Rainbow Road's! Which one will the final race of the finals be played on? You decide!

Nostalgia Critic

I remember it so you don't have too

If Fanta can't attend at 2:00, then go on with either of the latter two options without me, but if they can attend at 2:00 then I'd rather do option 1.

fantanoice

I can see through time

I could do 11-12 but would prefer not after midnight if that's possible

As for the RRs, N64 is my fav but it's garbage for tournaments because one hit and you can't catch up. Between the other two I'd prefer SNES but either would be ok.

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe VS Tournament · The Finals

Alright, as the first time isn't happening because it is less than 24 hours from now and I don't like to announce times less that 24 hours beforehand, I'll have to look a bit further in the schedules.
As it turns out because of an updated survey there is a bit of leeway that doesn't actually affect fanta and Shy Guy too much either way so good for them I guess.

• Turboo (4:30)
  • Luigi 64DD (6:30)
  • Fawfulthegreat64 (7:30)
  • MST3K (7:30)
  • Shy Guy on Wheels (12:30)
  • winstein (19:30)
  • Crackin355 (21:30)
  • Fantanoice (21:30)

There is not much space before and after this time so please try to be on time. I'm waiting at most 10 minutes for latecomers.
Not a single race has so far started on the assigned time so that'll be an additional challenge!

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe VS Tournament · Winner: Crackin355

The Finals
1. Crackin355 (21)
2. winstein (18)
3. Turboo (17)
4. Fawfulthegreat64 (14)
5. Shy Guy on Wheels (10)
6. Fantanoice (8)

Which means that Crackin355 is this year's winner of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe VS Tournament! Congratulations!
Running up is winstein, and in third is Turboo!

Courses
Thwomp Ruins
Cheese Land GBA
Piranha Plant Pipeway 3DS
Rainbow Road N64

MST3K and Luigi 64DD were unfortunately absent.

And that wraps up this tournament for the year! Tokens will come eventually, but the battles are up next first!

2014: 3rd
2015: 3rd
2016: 3rd in the first round
2017: 3rd

2018: year of the crackin

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality

I'm surprised I did quite well, although it helps that this year I am not facing the usual skilled suspects like Cirdec, although Crackin is still super skilled. Still, I am glad I did better compared to the previous two times in 2015 and 2017, where I never gone past the first round.

Thank you for reading.

fantanoice said:
As for the RRs, N64 is my fav but it's garbage for tournaments because one hit and you can't catch up.
I'm going to back up this statement after that last race. Not even consistent Stars and Goldens helped :P

GGs tho, I was already happy I made it to the finals and stealing 1st with the shortcut at the end of Cheese Land was hype :D

winstein

For me, it was stealing first in Piranha Plant Slide, using the shortcut. Upon further observation I noticed that Crackin would have done the same, though I was ahead.

Thank you for reading.

That track seems to always find a way to take away my Mushrooms right before I get there, if not by lightning or a Boo then by a shell hitting me right after activating the boost :P

Also, gotta love the Boo stealing an item that had barely started spinning literally milliseconds after hitting the box. I didn't even know that was possible.

For science, did anyone using a Boo on Piranha Plant Pipeway receive a not-yet finalized item?

winstein

Johnny Five said:
That track seems to always find a way to take away my Mushrooms right before I get there, if not by lightning or a Boo then by a shell hitting me right after activating the boost :P

Also, gotta love the Boo stealing an item that had barely started spinning literally milliseconds after hitting the box. I didn't even know that was possible.

For science, did anyone using a Boo on Piranha Plant Pipeway receive a not-yet finalized item?
I remember getting Boo, but I don't remember the item. I think it was the triple Green Shell. Are you able to check MKTV on this? Assuming you didn't play any more races, you can check the recent replays. I still have it, by the way.

Thank you for reading.

Checking the replay again, it actually wasn't an item being stolen, but rather someone invisible hitting the item box almost the same instant I would have, giving this illusion.

Kass

The bird bard himself!

I seem to have a curse when it comes to not making it past the first round in MK VS tournaments. It's happened three times, but only one was actually because of me getting eliminated in the first round. This time it was because I made a mistake when setting my alarm. I enjoyed the race I did do though, and I'm planning on playing again next year and in this year's battle tournament (which the "curse" apparently doesn't apply to). :D

Also, congrats to the winner(s)!

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Johnny Five said:
Checking the replay again, it actually wasn't an item being stolen, but rather someone invisible hitting the item box almost the same instant I would have, giving this illusion.
yeah that was me

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

ConditionValue
Winner of the tournament30
Runner-up of the tournament20
Third of the tournament15
First in a round15
Second in a round10
Won a race5
Second in a race2
Appeared for a round5
Eliminated in round 15

Crackin35593
winstein65
Turboo53
Fawfulthegreat6442
Luigi 64DD37
MST3K37
Shy Guy on Wheels31
Fantanoice29
RollerC17
Lakituthequick12
Meta Knight12
Nabber12
Mr. Edo10
Toadgamer10
YoshiFlutterJump10
Mario Kart DS Fan5
Raven Effect5

Thanks again for playing this tournament, and I hope to see you next year!

Considering that Nintendo Switch Online will launch soon and it costs money, I'll reconsider the Wii U version by then. This will involve polls and whatnot, but let's not worry about it yet.

Varian

Royal Science Nerd
Poll Committee
Lakituthequick said:

ConditionValue
Winner of the tournament30
Runner-up of the tournament20
Third of the tournament15
First in a round15
Second in a round10
Won a race5
Second in a race2
Appeared for a round5
Eliminated in round 15

Crackin35593
winstein65
Turboo53
Fawfulthegreat6442
Luigi 64DD37
MST3K37
Shy Guy on Wheels31
Fantanoice29
RollerC17
Lakituthequick12
Meta Knight12
Nabber12
Mr. Edo10
Toadgamer10
YoshiFlutterJump10
Mario Kart DS Fan5
Raven Effect5

Thanks again for playing this tournament, and I hope to see you next year!

Considering that Nintendo Switch Online will launch soon and it costs money, I'll reconsider the Wii U version by then. This will involve polls and whatnot, but let's not worry about it yet.
Only ten? Wow, I need to up my game!