Super Mario Odyssey: Hint Hunt (Thanks for playing!)

Would you like to have the hints be easier or harder?

• Easier and shorter.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Easier, but about the same length.

• Easier, but with more layered challenges.

• The same difficulty, but shorter.

• Harder, but with shorter challenges.

• Harder, but about the same length.

• Harder AND with even more layered challenges!

• Total voters

Ribbon

Fairy of Ripple Star
Poll Committee
Re: Super Mario Odyssey: Hint Hunt (Sign ups open till July 8th)

Yoshi Yoshi!

Need I say more? (Actually, I still don’t have a microSD card so I may have to take phone pictures)

Ice Cream Man

And It Don't Stop
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee

1 week left to sign up! There's some gooduns in the works which I think you'll enjoy. Other than that there's nothing new to announce apart from you should absolutely sign up if you haven't already :bowser:

Gilgamesh

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff

forgot about this

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

I'll sign up since I also forgot

Ice Cream Man

And It Don't Stop
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee

This is the final day before sign ups close, making the next 24-ish hours your last chance to jump on this wagon.

Meta Knight

Victory is my destiny
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Sure

Ice Cream Man

And It Don't Stop
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Re: Super Mario Odyssey: Hint Hunt (Round 1 begins July 10th)

And that's it! For the several thousand users with an account but not a place on the sign up list, feel free to lament about it later. Also, the first batch is complete, so expect them to arrive on July 10th.

Ice Cream Man

And It Don't Stop
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Re: Super Mario Odyssey: Hint Hunt (Round 1 begins July 10th)

Hints are going out now. Have fun.

E: Oh, and to clarify, you can send in answers individually or all at once, or just a couple at a time. Your choice!

Ribbon

Fairy of Ripple Star
Poll Committee
Re: Super Mario Odyssey: Hint Hunt (Round 1)

Wow, these things are hard!

How do I upload my own image to use in my posts, anyway?

rollerC

Bob-omb

Sunshine Yoshi said:
Wow, these things are hard!

The best and easiest way is to use a microSD card. Behind your Switch's kickstand is a slot for a microSD card, and if you slot it in when the Switch is off, then proceed to take screenshots, it'll save onto the microSD. If you don't have the money to buy a microSD, another option is uploading the screenshots to Facebook or Twitter through the Switch album itself, and from there you can go onto a PC and download them/copy their links.

If you use the microSD method, you'll have to upload the images to Imgur.

EDIT: Forgot to note that you'll need a microSD card slot in your PC, or if you have an SD card slot, a microSD to SD adapter.

Ice Cream Man

And It Don't Stop
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee

Alright, we've had four days with three left, which puts us just over the halfway point.

I'm putting this reminder out because there are an alarmingly large group of people who I have received absolutely no input from. One person has given me an understandable explanation for being busy, but everyone else has been silent regarding this event.

Every hint I released has received at least one correct answer so far, so they're not impossible. So, I hope this coming weekend will give all users enough time to work on their answers, otherwise I'll have to take measures to make sure all the participants are able to participate.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
If you don't have a microSD card, taking pictures from a phone or camera and uploading them to Imgur is fine, as long as the photos are clear.

Wicked Clown-nak

Too Fat to Release

I have a private Twitter account that I upload my screenshots to, then access on a computer and move to Imgur.

Ice Cream Man

And It Don't Stop
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee

After a bit of discussion about timings and busy lives, I've decided to increase the deadline by a week, making the new deadline July 24th. Hopefully those who weren't able to participate as much before have enough time to work on this with the extra time. I'll probably do the same with Round 2. Enjoy the ease!

E: I realise that if Round 2 were two weeks long it'd finish in September. In that case, Round 2 will probably last until August 31st if people need the time.

Rinka Hayami

Koops, King of cowards.

Only started deciphering these so I'm keen on that.

Ice Cream Man

And It Don't Stop
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee

Now we're actually halfway there, rather than the fake halfway warning I posted earlier. Meaning, there's about a week left!

So, it's time for stats. Hints 2, 5 and 4 are the most popular and Hint 7 is the least popular. Hint 6 is also pretty barren in terms of answers. I'm going to give out some extra guidance on these last two hints because they are presumably pretty hard.

Make sure you've looked at both of the images. One of them tells you which link to click and the other tells you where to go after clicking the link.

Many answers have connected the Hint to a certain Kingdom, but I'm actually also looking for Mario to be in a specific position for the answer to be marked down as fully correct. The key to Mario's position lies in the differences between the two pictures. Maybe you could overlay them to find something interesting...

Of course, you have the option to resubmit an answer if these extra hints make you doubt your current answer.

Ice Cream Man

And It Don't Stop
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee

2 days left! There's still several people who have submitted nothing so I thought I'd hand out this friendly reminder, so that they can turn that nothing into something.

Ice Cream Man

And It Don't Stop
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee

Final day for submissions!

Ice Cream Man

And It Don't Stop
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee

And that's it; results will come eventually. Thanks to everyone who played!

Six people managed to fail to submit anything. If you are one of those people, please let me know if you still intend to play for round 2.

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

I do intend to still play, I apologize for the lack of anything but yeah shit's been a mess recently

Shy Guy on Wheels

Hornet from Daytona USA for Smash

With my focus on playing the KG, I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue. If the KG ends by the time round 2 starts, then I should be able to play, otherwise I won't be able to.