Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe polling thread

Please choose the option that applies to you. Read these options carefully!

• I don't have either version of Mario Kart 8, or are not interested in a VS tournament.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only have the Wii U version, and don't have all DLC.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I only have the Wii U version, and have all DLC.

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • I only have the Nintendo Switch version.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I have both the Wii U and Nintendo Switch versions, and don't have all DLC on Wii U.

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • I have both the Wii U and Nintendo Switch versions, and have all DLC on Wii U.

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Hi there! This topic is here to poll which versions of Mario Kart 8 people have, and to poll the interest for a tournament in these versions.
Battles will be on the Nintendo Switch version. The outcome of this poll will aid in determining on which platform(s) the regular VS tournament will be held.

"Why not just do it on the Wii U as always?"
Because statistics have it that the Switch version has already sold more units than the Wii U version did. I can't know for sure how the ratio is in these areas, so a poll is a handy tool to check this out.

If you are not interested in a VS tournament, please vote the topmost option.

Note: this is not a sign-up thread. Maybe it will be repurposed later on, but for now, it's just a poll. Suggestions are always welcome though.

Marie

If you find any good Marie fanart, send it here!
I have both versions with all DLC on Wii U. I'd prefer it to be on Switch this time, but that of course depends on the results of the poll.

Fiora

Koops, King of cowards.
I got the Switch version only.

And before you ask, I know last year ended up in me not participating because Nintendo didn’t allow it, but now I changed my account and system region, so it should be fine.

Vivian

Shadow Siren
I figured I'd ask this when the time came around, if there ends up being a Wii U tournament, would it be allowed for a player to be using mods that don't change the gameplay? (AKA model imports, that only the user would see, and music mods)

For the poll, I have both versions and all the DLC on Wii U.

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I figured I'd ask this when the time came around, if there ends up being a Wii U tournament, would it be allowed for a player to be using mods that don't change the gameplay? (AKA model imports, that only the user would see, and music mods)
If it is somehow possible to play online with mods and they are purely aesthetic then sure.

Rinko Shirokane said:
When do you suspect the tournament will be hosted?
Last year both where held in the first three weeks of July. I aim to have it around that period this year too, but considering I'll be in Sweden for ten days in July too, it will likely spread out to early August as well.

Baby Luigi Rescuing Mario

*insert Shakira music here*
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
There's absolutely no way to check if the person hosting in non-modded consoles to check if other users are using mods if you're using only sound or model mods or any mods that do not change any gameplay. As long as you don't do anything ridiculously unusual, such as finish the race with only one lap in the track or obtain a strange amount of Bullet Bills, you should be fine.

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
I got both the Wii U and Switch versions, so I am fine either way.

Thank you for reading.

Dr. Eggman

I am the enemy, I will succeed
I own both versions, and have the DLC for the Wii U, so I'd be fine with either version.

YoshiFlutterJump

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
I have both versions, but not the DLC on Wii U. I likely will not be able to play if it’s on Switch, though (blasted parental controls).