The 'Shroom Killing Game: Goodbye Poochy (Tokens posted!)

Gilgamesh

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff
PRESENTING...
THE 'SHROOM KILLING GAME: GOODBYE POOCHY

OVERVIEW

Please read the 'Shroom article for this game before signing up!

Following the runaway success of this year's first Killing Game, The 'Shroom has decided to run another for this holiday season, hosted by Meta Knight and myself!

(Heavily paraphrased from Lord Bowser's original overview and rules of the Killing Game.)

The Killing Game is a forum game inspired by the visual novel series Danganronpa. It is similar in many ways to Mafia, but the freedom given for night actions and opportunities for role-playing are far more extensive.

Each player is assigned a role, which has its own unique traits, 'Stats, Forbidden Action, and Ultimate Talent. Ultimate Talents have a variety of powers and perks that are exclusive to a single player.

The Killing Game uses a day/night system. During night phases, players send PMs to the hosts (Meta Knight and GBAToad) detailing what they plan to do for that night. This can include attempting to kill someone, using their Ultimate Power, or quite literally anything they please; this last option is what sets this apart from Mafia games, as there's no real limit as to what you can do... as long as it doesn't break the rules of both this game and the forums, of course! As such, roleplaying is strongly encouraged in the Killing Game. After everyone has sent in what their night plans are, they will receive a PM from the host summarizing what they did, along with anything they might have seen or heard.

During day phases, if someone's attempt to kill someone else succeeds, the victim is found dead at the beginning of the day phase, and the killer receives a token prize. The goal of the killer is to cover up the fact that they did it, while the goal of everyone else is to correctly determine the killer. Players do this by providing accounts of what they saw during the night, along with any sort of evidence they might have on them or witnessed. After a while of investigation, the Class Trial begins. In the Class Trial, players may vote on who they think the killer is; the player with the most votes will be executed (lynched). Players may switch votes as many times as they please, though ties will end in a random lynch between those tied.

If the killer is correctly identified and lynched, all players who participated in the event will receive a token prize. If an innocent player is lynched, however, the killer gains additional tokens for successfully covering up their murder. In both cases, the game continues with day and night phases.

The Killing Game is a free-for-all game; there are no teams, factions, or alliances to start off with, but you are free to create some amongst yourselves of course. Remember, though; the game will only end when just one player remains!

GAMEPLAY
  • Daily activity is a MUST for this game. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP UNLESS YOU FEEL ABLE TO COMMIT TO SUCH A HIGH LEVEL OF ACTIVITY. We are willing to be lenient for occasional inactivity, but constantly avoiding the thread and sending in night actions will give us every reason to replace you with someone more willing to commit.
  • During night phases, you have a maximum of 24 hours to send in your action PM to both Meta Knight and GBAToad! Once the 24 hour night phase has ended, Meta Knight and I will format and send out results for all players, then post a phase change detailing the murder and other important info.
  • During day phases, you have 24 hours to investigate the death, though one extension of 24 hours will be granted if enough players request it. A few hours into the investigation, the Class Trial will be held, where people will vote on who they think the killer is. Vote tallies will be periodically posted.
  • Unless special conditions apply, only one kill attempt per night will succeed.
  • If no one submits a kill attempt during a night phase, a random player will be lynched, and the game will immediately go into the next night phase. Things that occurred in the previous night phase, however, will still apply.
  • An IRC channel on irc.darkmyst.org created by Lord Bowser for discussions pertaining to the Killing Game will be used again. However, please avoid major developments there, as not everyone is on IRC; save those for the forums instead.
  • During both day and night phases, players must be careful to avoid their Forbidden Actions, or something terrible will happen to them!

NEW MECHANICS
  • A new system for determining the success of a nightkill has been implemented: 'Stats! These are individual role modifiers that affect your ability to perform night actions! Please read our article to learn more about how these change the game!
  • Due to the complexity of the roles in this game, please AVOID full roleclaiming or rolefishing (baiting people into giving you their role). We will permit revealing Ultimate Powers and Forbidden Actions unless otherwise stated, but nothing else!
  • Sweeping (large-scale instant searching for evidence) is no longer a mechanic in this game.
  • Fingerprinting (uncovering fingerprints without forensic science) is no longer a mechanic in this game.
  • The 'Shroom HQ is our new setting! Look forward to the new map coming soon!

SIGN-UPS
1. Camwoodstock
2. Yoshi876
3. MsRetroGeek
4. Superchao
5. Stargazing
6. Mariofan169
7. Lord Bowser
8. DragonFreak
9. Turb
10. Toadbert
11. Hooded Pitohui
12. MCD
13. Freakworld
14. NEXandGBX
15. Shadowshy
16. Nabber
17. Smasher
18. Ninelevendo
19. Shoey
20. Edo
21. Tucayo
22. The Pyro Guy
23. Fun With Despair
24. Raregold
25. Pea

Replacements
1. Freakworld (Replacing Shokora)
2. Roserade
3. Raregold (Replacing Shy Guy on Wheels)
4. Mister Apple
5. MCD
6. Edo

7. Luigi 64DD
8. Smg2daisy
9. Goomba_nr.34
10. Vruet
11. fantanoice

If you have any additional questions, feel free to post them in this thread. We have no concrete date set for the game yet, but Late November is our goal.

If you're interested, please sign up by posting a Bolded message in this thread.

Camwoodstock

the lamest fartwad you'll ever darn meet
Re: The 'Shroom Killing Game: Goodbye Poochy (sign ups/lounge)

HOW DO I SIGN UP

Duskull

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

This is so cool, that I actually plan on signing up, and staying active enough to be a decent player.

Now watch me be killed first

MsRetroGeek

Shy Guy
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Let’s do this! ^^

I’m totally up for it

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

sign me up

Shokora

L'esclavage D'amour
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

Polishes crown.

NEXandGBX

One Tough Cream Puff

count sand

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

check for swords

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Retired Wiki Staff

I'm here to find swords and count sand
and i'm all out of sand

Camwoodstock

the lamest fartwad you'll ever darn meet

So this is primarily via forums, correct?

Lord Bowser

Super High School Level Bowser
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee

Camwoodstock said:
So this is primarily via forums, correct?
yeah, forums with a dedicated irc channel for quick conversation amongst players. there'll be a game thread similar to mafia game threads available once the game gets going

Fiora

Koops, King of cowards.

Oh looks like I’m just in time

You are doomed to be stuck with me for the duration of the game, there’s no avoiding that.

Meta Knight

Victory is my destiny
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Wowzers we got all 20 sign ups in only 4-5 hours! We appreciate your enthusiasm. However, if you didn't get a chance to sign up, there is still incentive to join. Me and GBAToad have decided that if we fill the 5 replacements, we will put you in the game for a hard limit of 25 players. The reasoning for this is mainly because we figured that since there's two of us, it would be doable, and we also wanted to allow European users a chance to join who may have been sleeping at the time we released the issue.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff

Oh shit, we're at twenty already. Sign me up as replacement, please.