Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Mafia - Sign-ups/Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninelevendo

Dry Bowser

Welcome all to my first mafia game, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Mafia! Since the new Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga remake is coming out (and Awards Mafia has finished) I decided to host a mafia game based on Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, and as such will have roles themed around different characters from the game.

This game will have a gimmick related to locations, where a map of the Bean Bean Kingdom will be provided and can be visited each night, which has an effect on player roles and such. I'm also deciding whether or not to include an injury system, like in Awards Mafia.

Since Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions releases on October 7th, (or 6th for probably everyone else) I plan to have the game at least near finished before it comes out, so the game should start on September 30, 2:00PM [AEST], or maybe earlier, provided that there are enough sign-ups.

Rules:
  • All basic mafia rules apply.
  • Mass Roleclaiming and Rolefishing is forbidden. Roleclaiming is allowed.
  • Day phases will last for 48 hours and Night phases will last for 24 hours.
  • During night phases, players can both use their role and visit a location.
  • No-lynches are allowed, and will lose in a tie.
  • Quoting your role PM is not allowed and will result in an instant modkill.
  • Any players that are inactive for two (two day, two night) phases will be modkilled and replaced.
  • All PMs made regarding the game to other players should also be sent to me.
  • Have fun! And buy Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.

Sign-Ups
  • The Pyro Guy
  • Mister Apple
  • freakworld
  • Koops
  • Shy Guy on Wheels
  • DragonFreak
  • Stargazing
  • Luigi64DD
  • MrConcreteDonkey
  • J-Luigi
  • MsRetroGeek
  • Yoshi the SSM
  • Roserade
  • Shadowshy
  • MarioFan169
  • LED42
  • 4td0
Looking for minimum 12 and about 20 at max

Ninelevendo

Dry Bowser
Shy Guy on Wheels said:
How much knowledge about the game is required?
Not too much really, however it would help to have some basic knowledge of the game, what type of role would suit which character, what events happen at certain locations, that kind of thing. Can't say super specifically yet since I'm still making a few things, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue, and if you have any questions you could always ask me or even some other players.

Fiora

Koops, King of cowards.
I watched a whole playthrough of the game and so I'm keen on this. Also, am I the first one to notice that face Bowser's castle is making?

Shinta

Uh, Ken. Role.
Poll Committee
I'd like to be in on this ac-miniature golf course-tion.

I bet SiFi would get where that comes from.

Ninelevendo

Dry Bowser
Luigi 64DD said:
BTW will this have spoilers?
To some degree, yes, since events that happen in the game will be referenced at locations that you visit. Obviously the "story" won't be the same as Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga since it's mafia and everyone does their own thing but certain role powers may be based off bosses or characters from the later game.

I'll make an update later with the map once I finish it and a sample of a role card to help explain the location thing.

Ninelevendo

Dry Bowser
Sure are! Thanks guys, that makes 12, which is the minimum amount that I wanted, so this means that the game will start! Sign-Ups are still open though, I'm fine with having more than 12, so if you still want to join, feel free!

As a small update, here is the map for you guys to visit the different locations:

Visiting a location can be done as a night action, and certain roles will rely on other players or themselves being in a location. I'll provide an example of a role card soon-ish.

Ninelevendo

Dry Bowser
Here's a stupid example rolecard that I made:

Each role will have a normal ability and one that they can use with locations. (Provided that they aren't vanilla or something.)

I might have to make visiting a location a day action since I can't think of any other way to get the powers work at night and visit a location at the same time without being tedious.

Ninelevendo

Dry Bowser
Sign-ups are now closed!
Though if you sign-up in the next few hours I honestly don't mind.

The game will start in a week, rolecards are being prepared and will be sent out within the next few days!

Replacements are still wanted just in case someone needs to drop out, is inactive, etc., so feel free to sign up as a replacement if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.