Victory is my destiny
Core 'Shroom Staff
Hello everyone and welcome to this year's Pokémon tounament! This year I'm going to be with my good pal Packy. This year, the tournament will be Generation VII only. Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are fair game.
Rules and Information
This tournament will be Swiss-style like last year. This means that even if you lose a round, you can still play! This is to ensure everyone has fun and so that everyone has the same amount of play time in this tournament.
- Rounds will be best-of-three. This means the first to win two matches wins.
- This will be a Singles tournament. If there is enough time, we will have a separate Doubles tournament after the Singles tourney has concluded.
- Rounds will last five days. You will have that time to plan and have your match with your opponent.
- Pokémon will automatically be set to Level 50. If you're over or under Level 50, they will automatically be set.
- This tournament will be handled through Challonge, and we will provide a link when the first round is about to start.
- No duplicate Pokémon on the same team (i.e there won't be 5 Ludicolo's on the same team).
- Alolan Pokémon makes this complicated, but we just want one unique Pokémon for each slot of your team. For example:
-2 of the same Alolan Pokémon (i.e 2 Alolan Ninetales) is not allowed.
-Having a slot for an Alolan Pokémon and the same Pokémon is not allowed (i.e a Regular Ninetales and an Alolan Ninetales on the same team).
-Having 2 or more different Alolan Pokémon is okay (i.e an Alolan Ninetales and an Alolan Marowak).
- You must have the same team for the whole tourney. You may have a separate team for Doubles when that happens, but once you send us your team, you have to stay with it.
- No duplicate items on Pokémon on the same team. For example, if you have an Absol and a Flygon, they can't both have Leftovers.
- No Mega Evolutions and No Z-Moves. We felt that it would be more balanced this way, as there is a possibility someone doesn't have all Z-Crystals, etc. We want it to be fair.
- The moves Swagger and Flatter are not allowed for being unsportsmanly and frustrating. Likewise, all Evasion-boosting moves are banned for being overly luck-based and difficult to counter without a forced switch-out move. Evasion-boosting abilities and items are still fine.
- I would like to keep the NO hacked Pokémon that was set into motion last year. This is a tournament that is meant to be for fun. If you want to have perfect Pokémon that's fine, but keep them legit. If you are found out to have hacked Pokémon you will be disqualified and may be subject to harsher discipline from the Awards Staff.
- The following Pokémon are banned:
Basically anything you can't use in the standard Battle Tree you can't use here.
The way to add people/get a battle going in Gen 7 is convoluted, so here are some instructions for that.
- Provide your 3DS Friend Code and register the peson you're going to battle.
- Startup you save file and go into options. Click "Festival Plaza"
- On the bottom right of the screen click the wi-fi symbol, then follow the instructions to connect to the internet.
- On the bottom screen click "Battle", then Single Battle.
- Find the person you're going to battle on the guest list.
- Have the person you're going to battle accept the invite.
- Feel free to save the recordings of the battles if you want, but we are not requiring you to send them to us.
If you need help adding someone or getting started, we will gladly assist you.
- Sign ups will close June 15th
- You must send us your teams to us by June 19th! We need to know the Pokémon you have, their held items, and what moves they have.
- The first round will begin June 21st
- There will be five rounds, each lasting 5 days, the tournament will end on July 15th
*The Doubles schedule may be planned throughout the Singles tournament if there is enough interest.
*In the event that there aren't as much people as there were last year, we may host a Gen 6 tournament later.
To sign up, please provide your Mii name, in-game name, Friend Code, and Time Zone.
If you have any further questions for us, feel free to ask and we will be happy to answer.