Art Contest -- Results are up!

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Info:
*One (1) entry per individual.
*Winners will be selected with a public vote using Polldaddy polls linked both here and in The 'Shroom
*The topic is very general; Mario- and community-themed works
*All kinds of art will be accepted (Drawings both computer and traditional, short comics, gifs, photos, short videos, songs, anything that's art)
*Tokens will be awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each skill category, as well as for general participation.

Submissions:
Please send all submissions to me starting June 1st - July 11th, whether it's my inbox here, or query on chat, so long as it's private. If you are signed up, the deadline can be extended up until July 14th for you as I'd already know to be expecting it.

Voting will take place July 15th - August 12th, and polls will be located both within this thread and in a special 'Shroom section in July's issue.

Please don't post entries within this thread!!

Sign-ups aren't necessary but they really help see how many people there will be and create a balanced contest. There will be 3 skill tiers with separate votes (beginner, amateur, and experienced) so if you sign up please select which one you feel you fit into. If one tier ends up barren while another is overpopulated I may use Director's discretion and move people around, but I will certainly try to avoid this as much as possible. Also, people who do not provide a tier to be placed into will automatically go into amateur until otherwise proven or stated, and people are also free to change their position.

If there are any questions, comments, concerns, please post them in this thread. If you think there's a better way to run this contest than how I did it last year, please tell me!

Check out last year's contest and results!

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Re: Art Contest -- Sign-ups open until June 1st

Please check out the Art Contest's page in The 'Shroom (The_%27Shroom:Issue_124/Art_Contest) for probably a better look and layout than this!

Artwork and Polls

Beginner

Beginner Poll

Amateur

Amateur Poll

Experienced

Experienced Poll

Meta Knight

Victory is my destiny
Core 'Shroom Staff

Sure place me where you think I fit

King Olly

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator

Sure, toss me in amateur~

Raihan

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff

Wherever

Jake Marshall

The Wandering Detective from the Wild West
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee

So you mentioned songs, but would general poetry/literary works also apply? Or just music?

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Taranza said:
So you mentioned songs, but would general poetry/literary works also apply? Or just music?
That works too !

Ghostgirl

I've spoken Scruhili.
Poll Committee

Well now that I know you don't have to actually draw since I'm terrible at it, I'll go for the Amateur level.

Cirdec

Celestial Guide

I want to sign up. I don't know if I belong to beginner or amateur.

BBQ Turtle

Crazy sponsors lady.
Wiki Administrator

Can I sign up please? I think I'd be in the amateur category, but I'm not entirely sure. If you think that's not right, feel free to move me into another category, I don't mind. If you didn't know, I'm User:BBQ Turtle.

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi

beginner

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

amateur

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Re: Art Contest -- Now taking submissions until July 11th !!!

Sign-ups are closed which means........almost nothing! Literally anyone can still submit something to me for the art contest between now and July 11th. Signing up just grants you me knowing you plan on doing something, and having me there to remind you and cyberbully you to get it done, along with potential deadline extensions.

Good luck, have fun, and I can't wait to see what everyone's got!