Discord Mafia Idea (Poll/Survey)

Would you be open to a mafia game being hosted on Discord?

• Yes.

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Let me think about it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff
Hey all!

So with a now Official Mariowiki Discord and with Awards Mafia garnering a significant number of sign-ups, I came to thinking whether it would be possible to one day host a mafia game on Discord. Unlike IRC, Discord allows for all chat messages to be viewable, even if you're offline (so when you access a Discord chatroom, you are able to view any messages during your time offline; if that makes sense). With the ability to create different chats that could be used as the main mafia game and then another as a mafia quicktopic, I definitely think there are possibilities to proceed with utilizing Discord as a means of hosting Mafia, and in that route, possibly revive some of the activity with the game.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you think this would be possible or impossible or if you have any ideas. I think this is a really intriguing possibility and I think Discord can do the trick, but I'm curious to see what you guys think.

Thank you!!

Lord Bowser

Super High School Level Bowser
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
this would be a great idea, especially for mafias intended to be quick and short. would definitely be willing to try it out

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff
Lilligant said:
I don't know much about Discord, so is there an app or would you have to use an internet accessor on mobile?
I'm not 100% sure because admittedly I don't have a phone, so someone may want to solidly answer this for me, but I believe there is an app available for mobile devices, outside of the actual Discord site.

Lord Bowser

Super High School Level Bowser
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Godot said:
Lilligant said:
I don't know much about Discord, so is there an app or would you have to use an internet accessor on mobile?
I'm not 100% sure because admittedly I don't have a phone, so someone may want to solidly answer this for me, but I believe there is an app available for mobile devices, outside of the actual Discord site.
can confirm discord app is available, it's how i normally access it and the magic that is #polls

Ghostgirl

I've spoken Scruhili.
Poll Committee
Gundham Tanaka said:
Godot said:
Lilligant said:
can confirm discord app is available, it's how i normally access it and the magic that is #polls
Ssssssshhhhhh don't tell random strangers what goes on in our private chatrooms.

I don't really get the concept. I think I would have to try it out before I could tell you if I thought it was good or not.

Stargazing

Celestial Guide
it could work, giving people innocent or mafia roles that colour them blue or red once they die would also be a neat touch if you look back at old conversation and are really able to analyze with their alignment at your fingertips

Stargazing

Celestial Guide
Lakituthequick said:
I would play this.

Doesn't giving players exclusive access to channels require adding them to a group though? I think group DM's might work though.
group dms would be the only way this works because you can see what roles a person has by clicking on their user profile

Ghostgirl

I've spoken Scruhili.
Poll Committee
I had an idea that you wouldn't assign a player their role in a channel until they died or the end of the game.

In other words you would PM them their role, but not assign it until it's made public.