Super Metroid Mafia: Brought to you by DragoKnight-ANNOUNCEMENT: Reverse Mafia

Meta Knight

Victory is my destiny
Core 'Shroom Staff

Greetings and welcome to my 5th game, and this time I have a guest! DragonFreak is here to help cohost. As you can tell from the banner, this game will be themed around my favorite game of all time, Super Metroid. I know what you are probably thinking, "Didn't you just finish BSG Mafia? Aren't you tired from that?" To that I say, yes it was an extensive game, but I know that it takes months to get necessary sign ups anyway. Additionally, you might wonder how on earth we can make enough roles for a game like this? Don't worry about it. I have many plans for this game, and many different mechanics. Before going over these, lets go over some general rules.

Also note, there will be spoilers. If you don't wanna be spoiled, go play the game for yourself. Its on the Virtual Console for both Wii U and New 3DS, and well worth it.

Rules:
1. Bold your votes, unvotes, and night actions like this: Vote: Meta Knight or Kill: DragonFreak
2. Dead players can't reveal information, but may post without contribution
3. Don't mass roleclaim or go mass role fishing
4. All conversations outside the thread, whether it is in IRC, Skype, Steam, PM, etc. must be sent to both me and DF. Night actions must also be sent to both of us.
5. Mafia must make sure to keep the Quick Topic a secret. Failure to do so will break the game.
6. Innocents may make a QT, but you must give us the link.
7. No quoting your role PMs.
8. Voting No Lynch will lose in a tie
9. Phases will last approx. 48 hours for the day and 48 hours for night. Extensions may be requested during the game as well. When a phase is locked, be patient for the update and results PMs. We love that you are excited, but we are human and sometimes it takes a while.
10. The host has the role Invincible
11. If you are inactive for more than 8 phases, you may be modkilled without warning.
12. We have the right to add or remove any rule
13. All other rules follow basic Mafia rules
14. Be civil :samus:

For the most part, I will be using the color mediumblue, and DF will be using darkviolet. Do not post in either of these colors.

Gimmicks:

There will be several gimmicks in this game. The first one is Locations! There will be 15 locations. Every player will have their own designated location to find. You will be able to visit a location during the day (i.e. Visit: Location 13). If a player manages to find their location, they will be awarded some sort of bonus. This includes, but is not limited to: Upgrades, powers, hints, etc.

There will also be a stamina mechanic. All players will start off with 100HP (although depending on your role, the HP may read as something else, but it is still your stamina). If this number reaches 0, you will die. Additionally, there will be several status effects. We are still working out all the details on what everything will be, but we will be sure to remind you about it later with more information.

Players

We are looking for 14 players. This is a nice even number, and it fulfills our purposes. I hope to have this start sometime in August, although some circumstances might push it back to September.

If you have a :samus: by your name it means we have heard a response from you by pm or in this thread
Current:
1) Mariofan169
2) Packy
3) Nyrie
4) NSY
5) Freakworld
6) Blocky
7) GBAToad
8) Roy Koopa
9) Magikrazy
10) Tucayo
11) Lord Bowser
12) Roserade
13) Stargazing

Replacements:
1)
2)

"Hi this is DF! Hope you have fun in this Mafia! Daily reminder to play Super Metroid if you haven't already"
Meta Knight likes this

NSY

Celestial Guide
Re: Super Metroid Mafia: Brought to you by DragoKnight

hi

Raihan

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff

ridley won't be in smash

also THE BABY

Meta Knight

Victory is my destiny
Core 'Shroom Staff

Thanks for all the sign ups so far, we only have 2/3 left to go!

Ghostgirl

I've spoken Scruhili.
Poll Committee

Let's not get killed N1, ok

Xandalf

You are naught but a decadent dandy!

I'll give it a shot.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff

Sure

Meta Knight

Victory is my destiny
Core 'Shroom Staff

Hooray we're halfway there! Be sure to sign up or else you'll make us angry

Re: Super Metroid Mafia: Brought to you by DragoKnight (11 spots left)

hello Meta Knight, I would like to sign up for the mafia thingy. I am new, and not overly active, but I would like playing it. :samus:

Mariofan169

King Bowser
Re: Super Metroid Mafia: Brought to you by DragoKnight (11 spots left)

can i sign up for a second time just so mafia would stop being dead already

Meta Knight

Victory is my destiny
Core 'Shroom Staff
Re: Super Metroid Mafia: Brought to you by DragoKnight (9 spots left)

I would like to get this game started at some point but I also know that it's not realistically going to get up to that many sign ups. I'm going to look into my document and see if I can cut things so we can have this start soon. What I need to know is who is still interested in playing and who doesn't want to anymore. I'll send a PM shortly in case people don't see this but that's where we're at. For now, I'm getting rid of the sign up count.

Something I noticed right away is that with how things are, I am now turning this into a reverse mafia. For those of you unfamilar, a reverse mafia is the same as a regular mafia, the only thing different is that villains play the role of "innocents", and good guys play the role of "mafia". For reference, my Paper Mafia 64 was run the same way.