Core 'Shroom Staff
Gooood night/morning/afternoon/evening dear girls and boys! Welcome to the third Mario Kart 8 Tournament, hosted by moi, Lakituthequick!
- Races will happen in groups of up to 10 people, depending on the amount of sign-ups. The amount of people that will move on will also be slightly dependant on the sign-ups, but will most likely be 3 or 4.
- Currently, the planning is to have the tournament from 18 to 31 July. When specific people race is to be determined, also with availability and flexibility of the participants in mind. You will receive a survey several weeks prior to the event.
- While Mario Kart 8 does feature Tournament functions on its own, we shall not be utilizing those during this tournament. Instead, we will make use of the Friend Room functionality. This allows for more flexibility, longer lobby times, the optional use of the microphone and other things.
- During races, you are to join the IRC-chatroom #AwardsKart on DarkMyst. The easiest way to go there if you've never been there before is by going to Special:Webchat on the Wiki, and typing "/j #AwardsKart" once you're there. Don't hesitate to ask for help if needed.
- Have fun!
- On the course selection screen, you shall only choose for Random Course. This does not apply in the ultimate race, where you instead have to choose the Rainbow Road that was predetermined by public vote.
- Races will be 150cc, All Items.
- I will be in any race as a referee and to record Mario Kart TV footage, which will be uploaded to YouTube ''''soonish'''' after.
- DLC will not be required, but a note will be made about who owns which packs for maximum joy.
Will there be something with 200cc?
I'm planning something with 200cc on a smaller scale, yes, but that will come later.
Where are the highlights from last year?
Somewhere on my harddisk, in pieces. They'll come. Eventually. I think.
Why is this section named "Frequently Asked Questions" while no questions have been asked yet?
Because people were going to ask them anyway so I'll break the recursive laws of logic by making them unasked.
|Group A||Group B|
- Nyrie (02:15)
- Cirdec (08:15)
- Freakworld (08:15)
- Turboo (23:15)
- Meta Knight (23:15)
|Winner of the tournament||30|
|Runner-up of the tournament||20|
|Third of the tournament||15|
|First in a round||10|
|Second in a round||8|
|Appeared for a round||5|
|Eliminated in round 1||5|
|Fastest lap in a race||2|