Packy and Dippy's Pokémon Tournament 2016 (Generation VI)

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff

G'day there, mates. This year, me and my adorably overweight friend, Packy, have spent a long time talking over cups of berry juice, pondering the secrets of the universe and when the fuck Stooben will write a song about Packy's amazing arse, where we got an amazing idea. What if we hosted a Pokémon tournament... TOGETHER?! It was unheard of, completely revolutionary... could it even be done?! Yet we tried, and here we are now, hosting a tournament for the Generation 6 Pokémon games; specifically, X, Y, OmegaRuby, and AlphaSapphire.

THE CHALLONGE PAGE FOR THIS HERE TOURNAMENT!
----
RULES AND REGULATIONS

FORMAT
  • The tournament will be [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss-system_tournament]Swiss style
  • , to ensure everyone is able to play as many games as possible. Last year, the tournament was Elimination style, which forced players who lost in the lower brackets out of the tournament completely. That's no fun. With this format, everyone should be able to get a fair go.
  • Rounds are a Best of Three. Whoever wins Two matches in the round wins.
  • The tournament will be Single battles, meaning each player will have a team of Six Pokémon each, with only one in play at a time. We want to dedicate all our efforts into this format to ensure it's as organised and fun as possible, but if there is enough demand, we can host a smaller Doubles side-tournament as well.
  • Sign-ups will run until June 30th, with the tournament proper hopefully being held between July 1st to July 30th. Exact time frames will be determined to best suit the participants of each individual match, but keep in mind that we do expect some degree of effort on your part to keep things timely and running smoothly.
  • Pokémon will be set to Level 50 for the tournament. Don't fret, this just means any Pokémon you have that are over or under level 50 will be automatically rounded to level 50. Easy as sin.

RESTRICTIONS
  • No same Pokémon can be used in a single team. So for example, you cannot stack your team with six Swamperts or whatever. Diversity is the spice of life!
  • You are restricted to one team line-up for the whole tournament. What you register with us is what you have to make use of for the entire duration of the tournament. Choose wisely.
  • No Pokémon can hold the same item in a single team. So for example, if you have a Skarmory holding Leftovers, you cannot also have a Slaking holding Leftovers in the same team.
  • No Mega Evolutions allowed. Due to compatibility issues and the struggle with more Overpowered Megas such as Mega Lucario, Mega Kangaskhan, or Mega Blaziken, we decided a blanket ban would be best. Maybe Sun and Moon will fix that, but whatever, it is not to be in Generation 6.
  • The moves Swagger and Flatter are not allowed for being unsportsmanly and frustrating. Likewise, all Evasion-boosting moves are banned for being overly luck-based and difficult to counter without a forced switch-out move. Evasion-boosting abilities and items are still fine.
  • Absolutely NO hacked Pokémon are allowed. If you are found out to have any hacked Pokémon on your team, you will be instantly disqualified from the tournament, and may suffer harsher discipline from the Awards Staff.
  • The following Pokémon are banned from the tournament:
    Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Mewtwo
    Mew
    Raikou
    Entei
    Suicune
    Lugia
    Ho-oh
    Celebi
    Blaziken
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Latias
    Latios
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Rayquaza
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Uxie
    Mesprit
    Azelf
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Heatran
    Regigigas
    Giratina
    Cresselia
    Phione
    Manaphy
    Darkrai
    Shaymin
    Arceus
    Victini
    Cobalion
    Terrakion
    Virizion
    Tornadus
    Thundurus
    Reshiram
    Zekrom
    Landorus
    Kyurem
    Keldeo
    Meloetta
    Genesect
    Greninja
    Aegislash
    Xerneas
    Yveltal
    Zygarde
    Diancie
    Hoopa
    Volcanion

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Provide your Friend Code to your opponent and add them to your Friends List so you can play with each other. If you are not shy about revealing your Friend Code, you can post it in the thread publicly and we will add it next to your name on the sign-ups.
  • On the "Player Search System," click on "Internet" on the top. Connect to the Internet.
  • Upon connection, tabs with "friends," "acquaintances," and "passersby" will appear. Your friends will appear under the friends tab, naturally.
  • Select the friend you are battling with under that tab, and select battle.
  • Once the rules for the battle comes up, keep it on "Normal Rules". You will be following a mixture of Normal Rules and Flat Rules as imposed by us, the hosts.
  • Leave "Number of Players" as "Two-Player Match" and leave the Handicap off.
  • Select Confirm.
  • Select Yes on the next screen.
  • You do not have to use Game Chat, so that option is completely up to you all.
  • Save your game on the next screen.
  • Once you connect, review your Pokémon list or bag if necessary. Make sure to follow all the restrictions we've put in place, or else you will be disqualified. Once you have done that, choose "BATTLE, START!"
  • Select all six of your Pokémon in whatever order you would like and hit "confirm."

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Crocodile Dippy said:
when the fuck Stooben will write a song about Packy's amazing arse
I'm still waiting on a format that can hold a song that large.

But in the meantime...

Gilgamesh

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff
I LIKE POKEMON

if it's the case that I won't have internet access for my 3DS overseas, I'll be sure to drop out ASAP before the tournament begins
other than that, sign me up

Meta Knight

Victory is my destiny
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
When do we have to have our teams registered by?

4210-4380-9325

Pokemon DP

Retired Wiki Staff
I would say at least a week before the tournament actually starts, so June 24th.

yoshi123

~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
Can we have some clarification on this part here?

Absolutely NO hacked Pokémon are allowed. If you are found out to have any hacked Pokémon on your team, you will be instantly disqualified from the tournament, and may suffer harsher discipline from the Awards Staff.
Hacked Pokemon means a Pokemon with illegal moves/abilities/stats right? If so, the online (more often than not) DOES prevent such Pokemon from being used for trading/battling.

But suppose like I had my Shiny Umbreon with the IVs/EVs/Nature I want and has a legit moveset and everything else (I just didn't take the time to breed it myself, I had a friend generate it for me forever ago lol), is that ok or nah? It is still considered legit to use (since it still works online). =P

In any case, sign me up:

1375-7410-4627

Glitchy Bowser Jr.

"Stuff it, sponge brain!"
I'll join but not a fan of the no hacked Pokemon rule because I don't feel like wasting hours grinding a competent team, and hacking speeds up the proccess. I'll find my FC later.

EDIT: Read thread and I see what the rule means now.

Pokemon DP

Retired Wiki Staff
I don't know how I feel about Pokemon hacked in with perfect stats. They're not illegal, but something feels off to me about people having the luxury of being able to easily hack them in when other players have to settle for imperfect Pokemon or spend hours getting ones with perfect stats. I can understand hacking in more professional settings where there's money and glory at stake, but in a more casual tournament, it seems a little... unfair.

However, it isn't technically illegal, and so long as they still have abilities and moves they normally would have, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm just a little unsure what to think of the whole situation.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
If you "don't feel like" working on a team then tbh don't fucking sign up and just go mess with one of those online battle simulators. That's where I personally draw the line with that; Timmy's thing is one pokemon for a personal reason, Glitchy's is just pure laziness.

Glitchy Bowser Jr.

I honestly don't even have time to train a team, but I still want to be in the tournament. In my Blue Nuzlocke my Blastoise died so I had to spend like three hours training up a random Lv. 15 Lapras from my reserves so I have ice moves to kill Lance's Dragonites and it was honestly painful. I don't feel like spending like a whole day just mindlessly grinding and why would I if I can just pick my 6 favourite Pokemon press a few buttons and boom I have a team? I don't think not wanting to spend my whole weekend killing Pidgeys is laziness, it's because I'm busy and have shit to do.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Not anyone else's fault that you deleted one of your pokemon for an arbitrary reason, and you're not the only one who's busy. The newer games (the ones that this tournament is for) makes EV/IV training remarkably faster, as well.

Glitchy Bowser Jr.

Honestly I don't even give a shit about EVs and IVs, I just want to take part in the tournament. Also the part about my Nuzlocke was there as example of why I hate grinding.

Gilgamesh

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Core 'Shroom Staff
honestly i really hope packy and dippy don't care for your attitude glitchy, because i certainly don't. like anton has said, a lot of people are likely just as busy as you.

above all else, your own enjoyment is the highest priority, so if you know you're not going to have fun participating in this tournament (including training) with the restrictions given, then i guess don't sign up??

edit:
Sonja said:
Honestly I don't even give a shit about EVs and IVs, I just want to take part in the tournament.
but then why bother hacking in your pokemon in the first place? if you just want to use favourites then did you not catch anything you like in X/Y or ORAS???? even if you didn't, the gts exists and breeding/leveling up/move-tutoring takes hardly any time at all compared to shitting out eggs for days on end

like i could kind of understand the IV/EV thing but i don't see this as being excusable at all tbh