Yu-Gi-Oh Tournament 2016 - Final Results are up + tokens!

DragonFreak

Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!

Hello everyone, welcome to my third annual Yu-Gi-Oh Tournament. Last year was even better than the first with ten participates and really good duels.

This year we are not using Dueling Network. Konami put a Cease and Desist on it, so using it will no longer really be viable.

However, luckily there are some other options, options that may actually be favorable by many. This tournament we will be using YGOPro, and automatic dueling application. Unlike Dueling Network where you would have do many actions manually, YGOPro will do many actions for you. Plus you cannot do any actions that's against the rules so that would drastically cut down on accidental cheating.

To Download:
1. Go to this link and press download through browser
2. After downloaded unzip the file and the application should be inside the folder.

To find participants on YGOPro:
1. Make sure you both use the same server. There is USA and Europe server.
2. In the top right in the server there is a host button. Someone will have to host. Don't change any of the settings except Duel Mode, which you can change from Single Duel to Match if you want.
3. It is recommend to be password protected with a password that's easy but no ordinary person would know (example: mariowiki, bros, dragon)
3.1 If it is password protected, make sure the one not hosting has "show locked rooms" box checked in the lower right corner.
4. The challenger finds the host and the host will initiate the duel.

SIGN-UPS:

1. DragonFreak
2. Yoshin
3. Marowak
4. Freakworld
5. Vocal Beat
6. Meta Knight
7. Crackin
8. LN1

Rules (PLEASE read!):
1. Your must adhere to the official TCG banlist. When constructing your deck, or looking at your deck, cards with a "no" symbol cannot be used. Also, cards with "1" or "2" on them mean you can only use that NUMBER in your deck. Also no using Anime-specific cards, marked on the application with [anime] listed after the name. For a complete list we will be using the April 2016 banlist found here
2. We will be using the format TCG/OCG, meaning that we will be using the TCG format but you can use OCG only cards. If you don’t know what that means, it’s ok, as long as it complies with the above it should be fine.
3. All methods of summoning are allowed.
4. Matches are best two out of three
5. You must use the same deck throughout the tourney. No adding cards, removing cards, or siding between duels.
6. Exodia, Lock-Down, Burn, and Deck Out decks are banned. They are cheap decks and take away from the spirit of Awards
7. The tournament will be in Round Robin style, meaning that everyone will duel everyone else once.

Questions, concerns, or comments? Please tell/ask me and I'll be happy to answer.

Good luck duelists!

[size=15pt]DragonFreak
Yoshin: 1
Marowak:
Freakworld: 1
Vocal Beat: 0
Meta Knight: 1
Crackin: 1
LN1: 1
Tie Breaker: 2
Total: 7

[size=15pt]Yoshin
DragonFreak: 0
Marowak:
Vocal Beat: 1
Tie Breaker: 0
Total: 5

[size=15pt]Marowak
Yoshin:
DragonFreak:
Freakworld:
Vocal Beat:
Crackin:
LN1:
Total: 1

[size=15pt]Freakworld
Yoshin: 0
Marowak:
Total: 3

[size=15pt]Vocal Beat
Marowak:
DragonFreak: 1
Tie Breaker: 1
Total: 6

[size=15pt]Meta Knight
Marowak: 0
Freakworld: 0
Crackin: 0
LN1: 0
Total: 0

[size=15pt]Crackin
Marowak:
Total: 2

[size=15pt]LN1
Marowak:
Crackin: 0
Total: 1

Yoshin

The one whose shape has been snatched
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Tournament 2016 (Now with automatic dueling)

Count me in for sure
Cybers will win this for me

does exodius/necross/summon god count torwards the no exodia rule df?

DragonFreak

Yoshin said:
does exodius/necross/summon god count torwards the no exodia rule df?
I'm going to say is that you can't win via Exodia in your hand, but I suppose if you want to add other Exodia cards besides those 5 win condition ones, feel free to.

freakworld

El Psy Kongroo
Banned User

wow #fuckonami

anyways uh, think i might try again

Yoshin

The one whose shape has been snatched

Oh DF it was NAC that put the Cease and Desist not Konami

Sure

I'll probably try to use an Odd-Eyes deck, if it does actions for me like you say then that'll help with me being inexperienced with using Odd-Eyes.

DragonFreak

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Tournament 2016 (Signups Open until June 24th)

Thank you everyone who has signed up so far! :birdo:

Signups will last another 4 weeks until June 24th and the tournament will start the Friday afterwards on July 1st!

DragonFreak

LN1 said:
I tried downloading the thing but it said that the download would exceed the allowed bandwith I have as an anonymous IP and I don't feel like making a MEGA account.
That's weird.

After looking a bit there's a few mirrors.

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B77xV02aQPhKX3FQTmVoRkpzSFk/view
Dev-Host: http://d-h.st/qvdr

If neither of those work for you, maybe I can find a different hosting website altogether.

Thank you for reminding me to create a deck on the new one. I'm sad that torrential tribute got limited. None of the images on dueling network showed up lol. It also said one of my monsters was limited to 1 but it wasn't limited on ygopro so I guess it's just outdated? It's this one.

DragonFreak

Hilda said:
Thank you for reminding me to create a deck on the new one. I'm sad that torrential tribute got limited. None of the images on dueling network showed up lol. It also said one of my monsters was limited to 1 but it wasn't limited on ygopro so I guess it's just outdated? It's this one.
Yeah Skullcrobat Joker got limited to one on just this new banlist.

Which also I should bring up that we will be using the April banlist (and I doubt because reasons it will change mid-tourney)

Edit: Here's the link to it if you want to look at it now http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

freakworld

El Psy Kongroo
Banned User

I've uploaded it on prnt.sc, they usually don't mind hotlinking because that's kind of the purpose of the website

idk maybe something changed but it's probably just an error on your end

DragonFreak

With everybody's feedback, this tournament will start June 24th

Remember this is a Round Robin Tournament, so every player has to play every other player.

Also join #ygotourney in Darkmyst if you need to schedule games or ask questions. Usually either Yoshin, VocalBeat, and I are in there if you need any of us specifically.

DragonFreak

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Tournament 2016 - Now Dueling!

The Tournament has now begun!. Please alert me of any matches played whether it is in this Thread, via PM, or via IRC.

Also join #ygotourney on the Darkmyst server for questions or game planning.

Have fun guys and duel your best! :birdo: