Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Welcome to the sixth annual Awards Mafia! Blocky and I have been aiming to host a Mafia for several years, and now it's becoming a reality. GET HYPE, FORUMITES.
What is Mafia, and how do I play?
Mafia is a party game which has been popular in this community for the past several years. This topic in the Mafia board itself sums up the important things to know pretty easily. There's a Q&A thread as well if you're still confused. You can also look at past Mafia games in the Mafia Archives board.
Awards Mafia celebrates the birthday of the MarioWiki. It isn't too different from most other Mafia games on here, except you can earn tokens, which can be exchanged for rewards at the end of the ceremony.
Don't worry if you're new to Mafia, this is a great starting point!
How this game works.
- The Innocents and Mafia are the game's main factions, though a few smaller Third Parties, Neutral players and Independent players aren't uncommon. The Innocents will win if they eliminate all of the Mafia, and the Mafia will win if they outnumber the Innocents (should any Third Parties/Independents exist, both teams also must take them out to win).
- There is no specific theme to this game. Anyone could be anything.
- Locations can be visited during the day by sending a PM to all three hosts. Unless your role is one-use only (for example, a vigilante), you can use your role at night by sending a PM to both hosts. One-use roles can typically be used during any phase.
- Phases will end at the same time every day, and may not be extended unless a really significant problem arises.
- If you die in any way, do not participate in the game (i.e. giving out information or suspicious you held when you were alive). You can post in the thread, but don't attempt to help any of the current living players.
- Non-Innocents will receive a QuickTopic automatically for them to discuss and strategise in. They must not share this with anybody outside their team. Innocents can create a QuickTopic of their own and share it with as many people as they like, but they must first give the link to the Hosts.
- No lynches are allowed, but will lose in a tie.
- Roleclaiming is allowed. Massclaiming is not.
- On rolefishing, asking for someone's role is generally allowed, but don't go and start bullying everyone into giving up their roles.
- Quoting/posting your rolecard will result in an instant modkill. The same goes for cheating. You will also be modkilled if you are inactive for more than six phases, and then be replaced should a replacement be available. Dead players may not be replacements.
- Remember that this is just a game. People will lie and be manipulative, but that is part of the game. If you try to cause trouble in the thread, we will not hesitate to remove you.
- Teams will not be allowed to form alliances that result in a mod-allowed co-win. There may be an Independent role or two that allows for a co-win, but these will be considerable exceptions, if they even exist.
- Most importantly, have fun, and don't die!
- We need, at minimum, 30 players. Our maximum is 50 players.
- These guidelines were totally not not stolen from MrModcreteMonkey.
Is this game going to be ridiculous like 'Shroom Mafia?
No. It will be comparatively modest. That said, it will still be creative, as the community has grown to expect from Awards Mafia games. It will also be a role madness game. Awards Mafia V and 'Shroom Mafia III have given us excellent ideas on what not to do, and what works out well in a zany setup.
6. Roy Koopa
12. The Pyro Guy
28. Meta Knight