Awards Retro Smash 2015 --- GAUGING INTEREST

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons

HOW?

This thread is for gauging interest for an emulated online tournament for the original Smash Bros. We will be using a variant of the emulator Project 64 that will be issued sometime before the games start if the event passes. If you are interested but have never played emulated netplay before, now's a good time to familiarize yourself with it until then.

PLAYERS

GRODEN
META [size=20pt]KNIGHT
STOOBEN[size=20pt]
[size=16pt]FREAKWORLD

THEFRESHP[size=16pt]RINCE
ICEMARIO
NEXAND[size=20pt]GBX
VRUET[size=20pt]
[size=20pt]T
OADBERT
TURB
LN1

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]
[size=36pt]WHY?

The original Smash, compared to the modern day iteration counterpart also being hosted, provides a separate, classic, yet refreshing gameplay experience that isn't found in any other game. It's also a nice throwback celebration to the one Smash title to start them all, fitting for a community event based on hindsight.
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]
[size=36pt]RULESET

Based on a simplified competitive standard. Subject to minor change.
  • [size=12pt]5 stocks.
  • [size=12pt]No items enabled.
  • [size=12pt]Probably Dream Land only. Might have counterpick stages.
  • [size=12pt]Best-of-3 sets; best-of-5 if there is bracket finals.
  • [size=12pt]If you both want to change character, winner of last round changes first.

[size=12pt]
Stalling, useless pausing, abusing emulator features, player abuse, and all other bad stuff will be dealt with on a case-to-case basis, and risk disqualification.
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]
[size=36pt]TOURNAMENT

We would like at least 12 capable players to confirm this as an event with interest.

Most likely will kick off in July and be ongoing for a little while. The format itself will probably be a Swiss-style ladder similar to Smash 4 this year, with player-scheduled rounds. This may change based on the actual number of players interested and reception of the other tournament.

Doubles will be considered if there are at least 20 players registering.

[/td]
[/tr]

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons
Stargazing said:
where to download
Some of the players and I are trying to figure out the best version for netplay. Since we're not starting until July, there's some time to not worry about it for now. If you really need to practice, any version of Project 64 will do.

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons
Galacta Knight said:
Fighting Polygon Team!

idk, I guess I'm not very experienced, but I figure I should try. hope that my location doesn't cause problems with my internet speed.
That's alright. It's free entry, so it's a good way to learn. And if it does end up being Swiss system again, you will play people as close to your skill level as possible as it goes on.