Game Event Calendar

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons
Here's a calendar for confirmed dates to work with. Overlaps should include details of match frequency and length, and leniency on other events taking place at the same time.

June

Start Smash Wii U
Start Smash 3DS

Start Pokemon

July

Finish Smash Wii U
Finish Smash 3DS

Finish Pokemon

Overlaps

Smash Bros Wii U Singles
  • Date —- June 1st - July 15th (maximum)
  • Round Time —- Player-scheduled
  • Round Duration —- 30 minute matches
  • Round Interval —- Once every 9 days (maximum)
  • Quite lenient with overlap; players are playing 5 times

Smash Bros 3DS Singles
  • Date —- June 1st - July 15th (maximum)
  • Round Duration —- 30 minute matches
  • Round Interval —- Once every 9 days (maximum)
  • Quite lenient with overlap; players are playing 5 times

Pokemon
  • Date —- June 6th - July 23rd
  • Round Duration —- 60 minute battles
  • Round Interval —- Once every 4 days (maximum)
  • Somewhat lenient; battle 2-3 times within 4 days

Mafia
  • Date —- Starts late June/early July
  • Round Time —- Always ongoing
  • Round Duration —- Always ongoing
  • Round Interval —- Always ongoing
  • Extremely lenient with overlap

Yu-Gi-Oh
  • Date —- Starts late June/early July
  • Round Duration —- Anywhere between 10-60 minutes
  • Round Interval —- 2-3 rounds a week
  • Somewhat lenient with overlap

Mario Kart 8
  • Date —- Late July
  • Round Time —- TO-scheduled on availability
  • Round Duration —- ~30 minutes
  • Round Interval —- 2 hours between rounds
  • Probably not very lenient (large group session)

Awesomenauts
  • Date —- Tournament (July-August)
  • Round Duration —- One to three 20-40 minute rounds
  • Round Interval —- Once every 7 days (maximum)
  • Fairly lenient with overlap; players are playing 3-5 matches

Mario Golf: World Tour
  • Date —- Mid-late July to early-mid August
  • Round Duration —- 10-30 minutes (SE later?)
  • Round Interval —- 2+ matches a week

On the shelf, lonely and waiting to be used...
  • Smash Bros Wii U Doubles
  • Smash Bros 3DS Doubles
  • Smash Bros 64 Netplay
  • Pokemon Multi-Battle
  • Mario Kart 7

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
I'm gonna have Awesomenauts play after what I hope is the Summer Sale, so probably qualifiers of some sort in June and the actual tournament early-mid July. GTR will take place its usual time. The art contest will start ASAP to give people time to do what they want, I just need to work that out. There's lots of things looking to be starting in June so that'll be something to watch out for.

I'll update this with confirmed info once I get back from work and have time to do things.

update:

• Awesomenauts
    • Date —- Qualifiers (throughout June); Tournament (early-mid July - early August)
    • Round Duration —- One to Three 20-40 minute rounds
    • Round Interval —- Once every 7 days (maximum)

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff
I have my ideal schedule in the Pokemon tournament thread, but this is what I have for now:

Dates: June 6th – July 23rd (August 1st is ideally the max if necessary)
Round Time: Player-scheduled
Round Duration: 60 minute battles (maximum)
Round Interval: One round every four days (maximum)
Lenient with overlap: One player will battle two times (minimum) or three times (maximum) in the matter of four days (or three times (minimum) or five times (maximum) in the championship round)

Hibiki Tachibana

Gekisou Gungnir
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Mafia will most likely start... sometime in July I'd estimate, if not late June; it took forever last year because me and MCD sorta forgot to set it up for a while, but it should go pretty well this year.

DragonFreak

Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
Yu-Gi-Oh
Date — Late June/Early July - August
Round Time — Player-scheduled
Round Duration — Anywhere between 10-60 minutes
Round Interval — Players would have to play at least 2-3 rounds per week (assuming I do Round Robin, which I'm leaning towards that)

Icemario

Star Spirit
Mario Golf: World Tour
Date — Mid-Late July - Early-Mid August
Round Time — Player-scheduled.
Round Duration — 10-30 minutes, potentially longer for SE matches.
Round Interval — Participants would ideally play 2+ matches a week.

To be honest I don't think it's the best idea to host anything else besides Awesomenauts (qualifiers), Smash, and Pokémon during June; it would begin to get overwhelming for players in all of those.

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons
Lyn said:
To be honest I don't think it's the best idea to host anything else besides Awesomenauts (qualifiers), Smash, and Pokémon during June; it would begin to get overwhelming for players in all of those.
I'm inclined to agree. Some players are part of all 5 (counting 3DS/Wii U in Smash and Singles/Doubles in Pokemon as separate), so I think looking towards July is smart now.

I'll try to revamp the OP to better display starting times.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Yeah that's why I moved the main awesomenauts tournament to july; the qualifiers aren't really anything formal it's just like....play a few times casually so I know how good you are if I don't already know.

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons
Nino said:
I have my ideal schedule in the Pokemon tournament thread, but this is what I have for now:

Lenient with overlap: One player will battle two times (minimum) or three times (maximum) in the matter of four days (or three times (minimum) or five times (maximum) in the championship round)
Is this the exact same for singles and doubles?

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff
Groden said:
Nino said:

Is this the exact same for singles and doubles?
I totally forgot you had them separated into singles and doubles originally, sorry. x_X

The dates are a little up in the air because I now have 17 signed up, which creates a match in a different round (unless I give someone a bye into the quarterfinals), so right now, the start date for the singles is the 6th and should ideally end the 23rd of June, and the doubles will start the day after and ideally end July 10th. Regarding Multi-Battles, I still don't know if we can do it because there haven't been enough participants to show interest that can create a multi-battle (we would ideally need, say, 8 I believe, and we only have 5 or 6 right now). If the multi-battle tourney does happen, it'll be from July 11th to July 23rd depending on how many people we potentially get.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
I settled on some dates for awesomenauts

Dates:

Sign-ups: Now - July 1st

Qualifiers: June 1st - June 30th
These are simply practice runs for everyone just to see where everyone's skill level is at to help make match-ups more fair and balanced. It's also to help me figure out the best method to approach this tournament. These matches do not need to be done with me necessarily present, but at least provide me with a screen shot of the final results and perhaps some feedback from players about each other, nothing too extreme.

Tournament: July 8th - August 12th (latest)

The art contest will begin taking submissions June 1st and will end July 11th (??) in order to get voting details into the 'Shroom released on July 18th. End date may change by a few days if I can convince smb/edo to let me cram in things as late as possible so long as I have an article written up and just need to fill in blanks, but it would effectively avoid overlapping with time designated to creating awards presentations. Voting will then be held within the art contest topic (potentially 3 topics since I didn't think out voting well enough lol) until July 31st / August 1st / 3 weeks after end date, with winner shit being shoved into August's 'Shroom.