Talk less, smile more.
Hiya everyone! Welcome to the 2015 Awards Pokémon tournament! I am Packy, and that still very tiny, tiny little man is Smasher, and we are your wonderful, lovable, amazing, beautiful hosts of this tournament! :D
This Pokemon tournament will be done using the generation 6 games (Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire)!
RULES AND INFORMATION:
- This tournament will have two tournaments: a main tournament (Single Battles) and a side tournament (Double Battles).
- For the main tournament (Single Battles), a participant will have a total of six Pokémon in their party. For the side tournament (Double Battles), a participant will still have a total of six Pokémon in their party.
- In 2013, we ultimately held each tournament over 3 days, and that was my fault because I was late in getting the tournament out originally. This time, days of the tournament will be spread out over a maximum of 4 days. The following will be the ideal schedule:
- May 3rd June 1st: Sign-ups
- June 6th: Matches will be revealed
- June 8th: Single tournament will begin
- Beginning of June 8th End of June 11th: First Round
- Beginning of June 12th End of June 15th: Second Round
- Beginning of June 16th End of June 19th: Third Round/Quarterfinals(?)
- Beginning of June 20th End of June 23rd: Fourth Round/Semifinals(?)
- Beginning of June 24th End of June 27th: Fifth Round/Championship(?)
- If the single battles tournament ends at the time marked above, the following will be the ideal tournament layout and schedule for the double battles tournament:
- June 28th: Matches will be revealed
- June 29th: Double tournament will begin
- WINNERS BRACKET:
- Beginning of June 29th End of July 2nd: First Round (WINNERS BRACKET)
- Beginning of July 3rd End of July 6th: Second Round (WINNERS BRACKET)
- Beginning of July 7th End of July 10th: Third Round (WINNERS BRACKET)
- Beginning of July 11th End of July 14th: Quarterfinals (WINNERS BRACKET)
- Beginning of July 15th End of July 18th: Semifinals (WINNERS BRACKET)
- LOSERS BRACKET:
- Beginning of July 7th End of July 10th: First Round (LOSERS BRACKET)
- Beginning of July 11th End of July 14th: Second Round (LOSERS BRACKET)
- Beginning of July 15th End of July 18th: Third Round (LOSERS BRACKET)
- Beginning of July 19th End of July 22nd: Fourth Round (LOSERS BRACKET)
- Beginning of July 23rd End of July 26th: Fifth Round (LOSERS BRACKET)
- Beginning of July 27th End of July 30th: Quarterfinals (LOSERS BRACKET)
- Beginning of August 1st End of August 4th: Semifinals (LOSERS BRACKET)
- Beginning of August 5th End of August 8th: Championship
- Please specify in your sign-up post whether or not you are signing up for the main tournament (Single Battles), the side tournament (Double Battles), or both.
- We will be using a mixture of both flat rules and normal rules, as decided and enforced by Smasher and I; those are the following:
- We will have a set level at LEVEL 50. This means that any Pokémon over level 50 will be reduced to level 50, and any Pokemon below level 50 will be set to level 50.
- There will be no same Pokemon in a single party. This means that you cannot have two of the same Pokémon on your team at the same time; an example would be that you cannot have two Cyndaquil's on your team at the same time.
- There will be no same item in a single party. This means that you cannot have two of the same items on your team at the same time; an example would be that you cannot have a Hyper Potion on a Yanma and a Hyper Potion on a Ledian.
- As a result of the incompatibility issues with new Mega Evolutions, we have decided to outright ban all Mega Evolutions in order to create a fairer battlefield.
- The following Pokemon are not allowed to be used:
Mega Charizard X
Mega Charizard Y
Mega Mewtwo X
Mega Mewtwo Y
- Participants are not allowed to change their teams around in-between battles. You must stay with your original six Pokemon. You will, however, be allowed to change teams between the single battles tournament and the double battles tournament.
- For both the main tournament and the side tournament, we will be using a best-of-three system during the regular match-ups (basically, anything before the finals). This best-of-three system is a head-to-head competition between two participants in which one participant must win two battles (out of the maximum three) to win the "series" and move on to the next round.
- For the finals of both the main tournament and the side tournament, we will be using a best-of-five system. The best-of-five system is basically the same as the best-of-three system, but a participant must win at least three battles (out of the maximum five) to win the tournament.
- If we get an odd amount of participants, then the bye-system will be used. This means that a participant will be randomly selected (via random.org) from the sign-up list and will be excused from playing in the first round.
- Tokens will be distributed for this tournament.
- Times will be figured out once we discuss battle times between the two participants taking part of said battle!
- I request that, whether or not you wish to post it in public, Smasher and I at least have a copy of your friend code from whatever Pokémon game you are playing from. If you do not wish to post it to the public, then please send Smasher and I a PM with your friend code and we will PM it to whoever you will be battling. If you wish to post it to the public (which I would imagine is what pretty much everyone will do), then just post it with your sign-up and I will add it to the sign-ups below beside your name. YOU WILL FIND YOUR FRIEND CODE WHEN YOU SELECT FRIENDS ON THE MAIN MENU ON YOUR NINTENDO 3DS.
- On the Player Search System, click on Internet on the top. Connect to the Internet.
- Upon connection, tabs with friends, acquaintances, and passersby will appear. Your friends will appear under the friends tab, naturally.
- Select the friend you are battling with under that tab, and select battle.
- Once the rules for the battle comes up, keep it on Normal Rules. You will be following a mixture of Normal Rules and Flat Rules as imposed by us, the hosts.
- Depending on which tournament you are partaking in, you will either leave the Battle Format as Single Battle, or you will select Battle Format and choose Double Battle.
- Leave Number of Players as Two-Player Match and leave the Handicap off.
- Select Confirm.
- Select Yes on the next screen.
- You do not have to use Game Chat, so that option is completely up to you all.
- Save your game on the next screen.
- Once you connect, review your Pokemon list or bag if necessary. Make sure you do not have any legendaries, any of the same Pokemon, or any of the same items on your Pokemon. Once you have done that, choose BATTLE, START!
- Select all six of your Pokemon in whatever order you would like and hit confirm.
|Packy (Chloe Beale)||BOTH||4768-7977-4252|
|Aregularforumuser (Shuu Tsukiyama)||BOTH||RECEIVED|
|TheFreshPrince (Haruhi Suzumiya)||BOTH||RECEIVED|
|DragonFreak (Blue the Raptor)||BOTH||RECEIVED|
|Anton (Derpl Zork)||BOTH||1118-0659-8255|
NOTE: Italics mean uncertain.