New A8 Award

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
we've ditched two awards this year, a8 (favorite luigi game) and a25 (favorite portrait ghost). we split up favorite game into classic and modern, but we still have an empty slot for a8 that we need to fill. here are the current suggestions:

-Favorite Kart
-Favorite Super Smash Bros. Stage
-Favorite Amiibo
-Favorite New Character
-Favorite Art Direction
-Favorite Subseries

you may voice your support or whatever on any of these, or suggest something else if you'd like

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
i like subseries and art direction

the rest are eh

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
the only ones i like are subseries and ssb stage

i'm not really a fan of the other four

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
subseries and art direction are the only ones i like

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff
Have to agree with subseries and art direction as the best choices, and I'd take SSB stage after that.

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Favorite Art Direction is my favorite
also with Kart how would we address the specific Kart Parts in 7 and 8?

Gamefreak75

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Forum Moderator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Art direction > SSB Stage > Kart is my order.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Favorite Art Direction is my pick, it's unique and explores new territory. The others just seem a bit lackluster, but if forced to choose I'd be fine with Favorite Subseries and Favorite Kart. I do not want Favorite SSB Stage or New Character, and given the discussion in the meeting I've come to the same conclusion that Favorite Amiibo is basically just the same as Favorite SSB Character already.

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
Favorite Kart I think is a bad idea since the last two games' part system makes it a little irrelevant for them and it probably wouldn't be a good idea to make such a specific award that doesn't focus on any of the current games
Smash Bros stage is probably a good idea but honestly not that interesting.
I don't really see how Favorite Amiibo could be anything other than parroting Favorite Smash Bros. Character
New Character doesn't seem like a very good idea especially since it's another one where you need to draw an arbitrary line to decide who's new and who's old. I guess Rosalina and Captain Toad would be new. Would Bowser Jr? If "New" means Wii and on I can't see there being a whole lot of strong nominees.
Subseries sounds a lot like Favorite Spin-Off which I'm pretty sure got cut.

Art direction is probably my favorite of these. I skimmed the meeting and didn't see anybody throw down too many examples for this so I'll go ahead and post all the ones I can think of

*Yoshi's Island
*Yoshi's Story
*Mario Strikers
*Paper Mario
*maybe a separate item for Super Paper Mario since that had the pixel thing going on
*maybe Super Mario RPG
*Mario & Luigi
*Donkey Kong Country if we would want to put that on
*maybe Super Mario Sunshine unless people think it was a little too subtle

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
i think wario land: shake it! had a nice art style. yoshi's wooly world is also unique

Pyro

Power Star
Subseries -> SSB Stage -> Art Direction in that order. Art Direction would be very interesting.