A27 - Favorite Boss Battle

Please vote for any of these that you would support as a nomination.

• Shrooboid Brat

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Magnus von Grapple 2.0

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Smorgs

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Elder Shrooboid

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Mecha Bowser

• Belcha

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Megaleg

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Bonefin

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Kamek (Dream Team)

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Kamek (Super Princess Peach)

• Grodus

• Antasma

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Tower of Yikk

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • King Boo (Luigi's Mansion)

• Hisstocrat

• Bashmaster (DKCTF)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Poobah the Pharaoh (Wario Master of Disguise)

• Delete Raelynn

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Chuckolator

• General Guy

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Popple

• Motley Bossblob

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tiki Tong

• Final Bowser (SMG)

• Total voters

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
during the latest meeting favorite boss was deemed not specific enough and it was decided to change it to boss battle to make things more specific

feel free to suggest nominees, but it has to be a specific boss battle, and not a character in general

Favorite Boss Nominees: Kamek, Rawk Hawk, Jr. Troopa, Bowser Jr., Midbus, Boom Boom, Macho Grubba, Koopa Bros., King Kaliente, Francis, Goomboss, Motley Bossblob

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
i want tubba blubba

...you only fight him once, right?

Hilda Valentine Goneril

hilda-chan no kachi
Retired Wiki Staff
2257 said:
i want tubba blubba

...you only fight him once, right?
support

well you could say you fight him twice cause when youre running around the mansion castle and he runs up to you all you can do is flee but then you fight his heart in the windmill
so idk if that counts or not

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
you fight him twice if you count the heart and body as separate battles, but tbh they were only like 5 minutes apart and one was significantly more difficult than the other. other than that you dont fight him again (and no i don't think the unwinnable one counts)

how do people feel about the shrooboid brat, tb or someone brought him up and now that i'm thinking about the fight more i thought it was pretty cool

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff
I'm gonna throw in Phantamanta and Super Dimentio. Both are really intimidating bosses size-wise, the scenery/locations are great, and the music (especially for Super Dimentio) are pretty great, imo.

And I agree with Tubba Blubba and Shrooboid Brat. i am so happy you did not say elder shrooboid or i would have murdered you

BEEEEEAAARRRS

how about a rousing game of pool
TIME TO LOOK THROUGH ALL MY GAMES

The big boo in smw that you had to kill with throw blocks

I dunno I liked the Popple fights with Bowser, but there was two so I'd say the one in the basement because of their bro move

Rawk Hawk cause hell yea youre in a stadium n everyones cheering n shit

final Bowser battle in sm64, because you're in limbo on a giant star made of like, rotten obsidian and there's epic organs playing

Smorgs cause hell yea youre on top of a moving train n shit

Shrooboid brat ditto rawk hawk

Elder Shrooboid was cool too for some reason. I dunno, like the fight wasn't AMAZING WOW, but the atmosphere leading into it was great. I always thought star shrine was a pretty shady place, and then suddenly two people die right in front of you after he bursts out of a damn wall and its like "woah" "shit"

Phantamanta in sms was super fun just because you got to hunt down all the little ones at the end, and you could decide how much of a panic you wanted to make the fight

Mecha Bowser on the roller coaster was hella (the balloons later on in the roller coaster kinda sucked but whatever)

also Belcha because he was pretty scary to a five year old me

I might think of more later but I doubt many of my suggestions will make it far lol

I remember the atmosphere and how I felt in the fight rather than fighting the boss more often than not

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
after discussing it i remembered i'm also fond of megaleg and bonefin from smg

Gamefreak75

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Forum Moderator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Hm, I'll give my opinion later but before I do can I assume that dk/wario bosses count as well?

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
i think we agreed that they do

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Kamek in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and Super Princess Peach. He's so vital in so many boss battles in so many games but when will he get his due credit :'(

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Gamefreak75 said:
Hm, I'll give my opinion later but before I do can I assume that dk/wario bosses count as well?
i think that would be fine

Gamefreak75

Forum Moderator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Ok, super late, but here is my opinion for Best Boss Battle. This is all from memory so I'm likely missing stuff. I've bolded them for convenience.

-I'm going to third Packy and Toadbert with the nomination of Phantamanta and second Toadbert's suggestion of Final Bowser SM64.

-Kaptain K. Rool from dkc2

-Final Bowser (SMG)

-Grodus or Magnus Von Grapple 2.0 from pm:ttyd

-Brobot + Brobot L-Type from SPM

-I'll second Tubba Blubba from Paper Mario

-Elder Princess Shroob from PiT

-Antasma from dream team

-Tower of Yikk from BIS

-King Boo from Luigi's Mansion

-If we want a boss from recent games on there, I won't be opposed to Hisstocrat from sm3dw or Bashmaster from dkctf.

-Golden diva from WL4

-Poobah the Pharaoh from wmod

-Zero Two from Kirby 64

If anything else pops into my head, I'll post it here.

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Kaptain K. Rool
Brobot/Brobot L-Type
Tiki Tong
Tubba Blubba
Bowser in the Sky
Chuckolator

Pyro

Power Star
General Guy
Popple
Brobot + Brobot L-Type
Golden Diva
Motley Bossblob
Magnus Von Grapple 2.0

Lakituthequick

Celestial Guide
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
While I don't know about bosses from all of the games, I do know that Hisstocrat and Motley Bossblob are both fought three times in SM3DW, with varying difficulty.

A male Hisstocrat is first fought in World 3-B. Then a female appears in Bowser-B that spits fire. Lastly they both appear simultaneously in Flower-12.

Motley Bossblob is first fought in World 6-C. Then he appears again in Bowser-A and Flower-12, emitting shock-waves when he jumps, and in the latter being twice as big in Blob form.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Put up a poll to fill the award with any last minute nominees. Feel free to argue for or against any option.

Armadimon

Cuss at an Armadillo
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Is Grodus really a good boss fight? I remember it being super annoying, what with him constantly hiding behind a shield that needs to be destroyed every turn.

Gamefreak75

Forum Moderator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
I guess it really depends. I nominated Grodus mostly based on his battle music and the fact that you're fighting the (supposed) main villain, although I can completely understand why one would dislike that fight because it could get really bothersome with the shield minions.

Edit:Also, i'm not seeing zero two the final bowser from mario galaxy on the poll even though it got one nomination. Was it mistaken for the Bowser in the Sky perchance?

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
probably, someone else edit it I'm going to work literally right now nvm I did it

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
bumping to remind people to vote, only half of you have done so

Hilda Valentine Goneril

hilda-chan no kachi
Retired Wiki Staff
i think option 18 is too graphic, wasnt really a favourite by anyone. personally i say we should rethink the situation because many people found this boss to not only be menacing, but the amount of exposure that this had on the public was pretty devastating because i heard a lot of people got angry about it, and there was even a news article about it but i can't dig that up right now. im just saying this will probably be the most least picked option and i dont think thats what we're really going for. maybe some of the other options like option 7 would be great. i feel like removing option 18 would be wise and the best thing to do right now as this probably wont get as many votes (i think someone accidentally voted for it like 7 times) and having it on the award could deter the community, or maybe even future ceremonies.