Suggestion Box

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Well technically this year. But whatevs go for it!

Renamed because lol wat was I thinking but again whatevs go for it!

Megamario15

Who am I? Isn't it obvious?
Banned User
Re: Suggestions for Next Year

Perhaps... giving new users more privileges?

Renaming the pink gold peach rank to Mega Mario rank?

NEXandGBX

One Tough Cream Puff

Megamario15 said:

This is for the Mario Awards, not the forums.

Megamario15

Banned User

Steven Stone said:
Megamario15 said:

This is for the Mario Awards, not the forums.
Oh.

How about a new awards category?

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Forum Moderator
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff

Are the "hurr hurr trifecta"-style posts going to be bannable?

Hibiki Tachibana

Gekisou Gungnir
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee

I'm going to campaign for the permission to delete all those contentless posts this year, personally.

Stargazing

Celestial Guide

Glowsquid said:
Not bannable, but I believe they should be deleted. If it does get way too out of hand and someone spams it, then they should get banned for spam.

Icemario

Star Spirit

I think it'd be a good idea just to ban the user from the Awards board until the awards are over if they go too far.

NSY

Celestial Guide

Any post relating to the predictions should be deleted. I don't mind people adding it on alongside a otherwise constructive post but if it just says "trifecta!" then delete it and warn them.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Glowsquid said:
Pretty much yeah what blocky and stargazing said; I'm personally gonna delete them and do my best at discouraging them from happening. A few every now and then is whatever like if you got a trifecta on something that was wildly unexpected, but how it's been the last few years with people announcing whether they got one or not while not even commented on the presentations is a bit annoying and disrespectful.

Megamario15 said:
Oh.

Here's the full list of awards and nominees last year, that would be a good place to start looking for ideas for new whatever.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Megamario15 said:
Derpl Zork said:
Megamario15 said:
Oh.

Here's the full list of awards and nominees last year, that would be a good place to start looking for ideas for new whatever.
I voted on all of those, despite not being signed up.

Perhaps a category for forum awards?
Everyone can vote on them, that's the point. The Awards Committee which awards are nominees are even put into the polls to begin with.

As for Forum Awards I realllllllllllllllllly don't think that will be a good idea. The Userpedia Awards will contain the closest to what any Forum Awards would be permitted or, well, sane, so take a peek at those.

Megamario15

Banned User

Derpl Zork said:
Megamario15 said:
Derpl Zork said:
Megamario15 said:
Oh.

I voted on all of those, despite not being signed up.

Perhaps a category for forum awards?
Everyone can vote on them, that's the point. The Awards Committee which awards are nominees are even put into the polls to begin with.

As for Forum Awards I realllllllllllllllllly don't think that will be a good idea. The Userpedia Awards will contain the closest to what any Forum Awards would be permitted or, well, sane, so take a peek at those.
I see. Well, it was just a thought.

I could host a Sm4sh Tournament.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Hosting a tournament takes a lot of responsibility and planning. To be quite honest, I think it would be better if you got a feel for how the awards worked before jumping in to do things. All meetings are (mostly) public and all tournaments are open to (mostly) everyone.

Megamario15

Banned User

Derpl Zork said:
Hosting a tournament takes a lot of responsibility and planning. To be quite honest, I think it would be better if you got a feel for how the awards worked before jumping in to do things. All meetings are (mostly) public and all tournaments are open to (mostly) everyone.
Alright. I'll stand by.

I'll be part of a tournament though. Guaranteed.

I wish to help as much as I can and hope to be of service.

Megamario15

Banned User

I would need to get people to register, make a bracket, make a thread for it, and have people exchange friend codes/nnids. All in all a very tiring process.

Icemario

Star Spirit

Nozomi Toujou said:
how do you host a tournament
Apply to be part of the Awards Committee, then discuss your idea there and after preparations have been made, create the sign-up thread.

Or something like that, I'd expect.

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)

Derpl Zork said:
You think it'd be possible to have stuff relating directly to the wiki? Like "Best Featured Article" or something? There's probably not much you can do with the category, but I always thought it'd be a nice idea.

DragonFreak

Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!

Tiz Arrior said:
Nozomi Toujou said:
Apply to be part of the Awards Committee, then discuss your idea there and after preparations have been made, create the sign-up thread.

You can actually PM Smasher or Anton (I think either) for a tournament sign up. I did that last year and I wasn't part of the AC.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Megamario15 said:
I would need to get people to register, make a bracket, make a thread for it, and have people exchange friend codes/nnids. All in all a very tiring process.
Tiz Arrior said:
Nozomi Toujou said:

All that plus being responsible and accountable for attendance, coming up with points/token systems, keeping tabs on everyone playing and maintaining fairness, plan a date that works for everyone involved, set up rules, have back-up plans, etc. Lots of stuff you'll be more aware of after having partaken in an event, or at the very least go back into past events and look at those threads.

Also yeah what DF said, you don't need to be an AC member to do a tournament, it would just have to be sanctioned by the AC to make it official and give tokens out for prizes and stuff.

Time Turner said:
Derpl Zork said:
You think it'd be possible to have stuff relating directly to the wiki? Like "Best Featured Article" or something? There's probably not much you can do with the category, but I always thought it'd be a nice idea.
I don't really know where those would fit in given that the Mario/Fail awards are strictly about the games and mario universe, the 'Shroom is about the 'Shroom, and Userpedia is UP and closely-tied community events. It could be argued to be crammed into UP but it would be diluting the UP awards further and further and I don't think anyone is willing to do that.

Megamario15

Banned User

Time Turner said:
Derpl Zork said:
If we can get at least 10 nominations, we could possibly make it work.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Nico Yazawa said:
speaking of tournaments, can we not have the mario kart tournaments at 9 am pst this year
I almost modified your post like 7 times I'm not used to this sort of power.

Anyways yeah it's one of my goals this year to make sure tournaments are taken better care of since they're probably the biggest attraction to the entire event. Getting times to work for literally everyone is almost never possible but so long as everyone understands that things are as fair as possible and have been discussed with everyone signed up then I'm cool. Happy players, happy Anton.