General Discussion

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
To discuss things in general.

This OP will be updated with general things and to-do lists and whatever general nonsense is going on.

:blooper:

First up will be Awards Committee Membership invitations. These are given to people who've been good and hardy members of the AC in that past, and will be done early February, along with a list of bans. I'll post that....eventually....in a separate post and you guys can feel free to add/remove/do whatever until the invitations are sent out.

~For Anton, Smasher, and Blocky~

General immediate to-do list for official pages and stuff whatever

*Move 2014 Anniversary page to sub-page
*Finish 2014 page (add links to ceremonies, etc.)
*Create 2015 Awards page on the same link, just update info
*Write / send out AC invitations
*Public Board
*Complete 2013 and 2014 sections for Historical Results
*Begin piling together award notes, changes, etc. i.e. Meeting Ideas (Put in marioawards google doc)
*Further comments are in Notes document

Important Links:

Anniversary Wiki Page

Full List 9

Complete Awards Schedule (Tentative)

2015 AC Attendance

@marioawards twitter account

#mwikiawards

Historical Results

UP Awards VIII Dossier

Shroom Awards VI Dossier

2015 Tokens

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Official Invitation List:

Super Mario Bros. - Accepted ('Shroom Awards Host)
Gamefreak75 - Accepted (Fail Awards Host)
Turboo - Accepted
Super-Yoshi - Accepted
Yoshi876 - Accepted
Edo - Accepted
Uniju - Accepted
Marshal Dan Troop - Accepted
MrConcreteDonkey - Accepted
Count Bonsula - Accepted
Toadbert101 - Accepted
Mario4Ever - Accepted
Stooben Rooben
MST3K - Undecided
Brock - Accepted
2257 - Accepted
Packy - Accepted
Lakituthequick - Accepted
Lord Bowser

Official AC Ban List:
FE
Gonzales Kart Inc. / Bluetoad63
Lumastar

feel free to add suggestions for either list before we send everything out

we can always just invite confirmed people immediately and they can help decide

Hibiki Tachibana

Gekisou Gungnir
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
pyro's someone who i'm not sure of adding, tbh, since he's in hot water about his presentations

quizmo is pretty inactive nowadays so i dunno if it'd be worth it

everyone else would probably be good, but stooben is currently in one of his MIA phases so we might not get a reply from him

ban list looks solid to me as well

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
pyro and quizmo were on the fence for me too, and smasher and I decided to keep stoob because he's been really good in the past regardless of activity so I'd like him to be around for whatever

editing list accordingly

Hilda Valentine Goneril

hilda-chan no kachi
Retired Wiki Staff
i doubt groden would want to, he said he never really comes here anymore and like quizmo mostly just plays games on steam and stuff but idk i guess you could try

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Makes sense. We can always ask if he wants to host TF2 without bugging him about joining AC too.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
1st meeting begins in about a month. We'll be going over Mario awards after some basic intro nonsense. There's no intention on changing the number of awards or any major thing that will affect the actual backbone of the polls so we should be able to jump right into things. If anyone has any plans for absolutely anything that they feel should be brought up in the first meeting either start thinking about it or post it here if it needs more planning and cultivation.

Smasher or I will send a reminder to everyone in PM a few days before each meeting as usual.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
ANYONE ELSE UP AT 4AM THINKING "hmmm i wonder what some new nominees there can be" AND "there are so many new award ideas and changes to be made but are they really needed" BECAUSE I KNOW I AM

Are Favorite Portrait Ghost and Favorite Super Mario 64/Sunshine Level still relevant, especially the former while the latter has had concerns of being split up? Also Favorite Super Mario 3D World Level? With the idea of making stuff like Favorite (New) Game / Favorite Classic Game (Favorite Game Overall), Worst/Favorite SSB Stage, Favorite Amiibo, and probably some more awards du jour, we'll need to think of some spots to cut and free up. Is it time to cut Worst Galaxy?

Forget school, forget work, we're staying up all night before meetings even start.

Duskull

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I'd agree with cutting "Favourite Level from X", and probably just combining it into "Favourite Level" overall.

Gamefreak75

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Forum Moderator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Derpl Zork said:
ANYONE ELSE UP AT 4AM THINKING "hmmm i wonder what some new nominees there can be" AND "there are so many new award ideas and changes to be made but are they really needed" BECAUSE I KNOW I AM

Forget school, forget work, we're staying up all night before meetings even start.

id be fine with cutting worst galaxy for something else, condensing super mario 64/sunshine and 3d world level into one award, and adding favorite/least favorite smash bros stage

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
Splitting Favorite Game would be a pretty bold move considering it's always been the finale of the ceremony but it would probably give us much more interesting results. Atleast Favorite Classic Game would, assuming the line between Classic and New doesn't put TTYD in Classic, judging by previous years' results. I can't really see Favorite New Game being anything other than somewhere to contain all the votes for whatever the newest "big" game at the time is(presumably still 3D World this year).

I'd say it's safe to cut Portrait Ghost this year. Heck, take Luigi Game with it, we could barely fill that one anyway and it's not the Year of Luigi anymore. I couldn't really say whether 3D World Level should be cut or not since I didn't really consider it worthy of existing to begin with.

Merging the "Level from X" ones probably is a good idea, including the Galaxies now that SMG(2) is no longer current. Maybe toss Worst Location in with them as well since the results seem to all be particular levels anyway. And maybe do something with Favorite Place while we're at it since it's just the Mushroom Kingdom every year.

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I agree with everything Uniju said
And I would also agree with cutting or merging favorite Super Mario 3d World level

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Yeah I guess I misread the historical results, it's not so much the newest game that always wins but rather SMG2 or TTYD, with the newest game mixed in. There's currently 15 nominees in Favorite Game, and there's like 4 or so slated to be put in, so something will need to get cut either way. I'd say making a "Favorite Classic Game" will help prune it sooooomewhat--i.e. Super Mario 64, SMS, Paper Mario, maybe a few more--and make space for new entries into "Favorite Game" without having to change the title or mess with it much. TTYD miiiiiiight end up going into Classic, but would that just guarantee that SMG2 wins always, and TTYD wins its new category always? We'll probably have to put this to a vote or something later on to determine which year is the cut-off for 'Classic' and other stuff.

Hopefully they announce some new shit at E3 because otherwise Favorite Upcoming Game is gonna be barren lol

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff
Regarding the Favorite Game category, what if Classic/New is split off at a certain system? Like Classic covers NES, SNES, N64, GB, and GBC (and any others if I missed), while New covers Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, DS Lite, 3DS, etc; or is that a little too broad?

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
That could work very well. It's debatable about Gamecube and GBA but otherwise I think that works.

Raven Effect

Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I wouldn't really consider the Gamecube to be a classic system

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff
That's what I was trying to aim for, splitting it off around 2000-ish. The only problem with making it year-specific is you run into problems with games that overlap, like the original Paper Mario: released on a classic system, but came out after 2000.

Armadimon

Cuss at an Armadillo
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
I think it would be easier just to determine by game system.

Pyro

Power Star
That way there would be like 10-12 different awards. Perhaps we could do "Favorite Classic Handheld Game", "Favorite Classic Console Game", "Favorite New Handheld Game", "Favorite New Console Game", and "Favorite Game Overall"?

Armadimon

Cuss at an Armadillo
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
I think you misunderstood me. What I meant was "determine the cut-off point by game system". As in instead of cutting off at 2000, cut off at N64.

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pretty much per Edo, if we do split up Favorite Game it'd be better to group all the N64 and such games into the classic category regardless of release year, then start the new category at GCN and GBA.

Raven Effect

Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I agree with splitting it by game system regardless of the year a game is released

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Yeah I like the split at that point then, for all games, not a console/handheld division. I think we should only do that if we're desperate to fill space or if suddenly the idea leaks out to everyone else and they're like "YEAH DO THAT YEAHHHHHHHHH". We'll do an official vote of course when it comes to it in like 6 weeks or right when meetings start who knows.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sME4TFvfpkfoLMQiPos3JXiAM9Fe5_iF-GW4RHOKAU4/preview

Does anyone care if I just nix that list and just have #mwchat rules plus those blue rules revised a bit? Or at least tweak it and get rid of the time scale for bans because what is this 2008 where we need to be like "oh but it's your first offense so only a day :) <3 :-* " because fuuuuuck that