Mario Golf: World Tour Tournament

Which course should be played in the tournament?

• Total voters

Lumastar

Stay off this text, jerks! He has personal issues.
Just because. Details about the tournament will be added soon. Reply if you are interested.

Update: I plan for the tournament to open in August before the show. A poll will decide the course played on.

Update 2: The tournament has been approved.

Update 3: The poll is now up.

Entries
Lumastar
Ninelevendo
Cirdec
Icemario (Azusa Nakano)
Crackin355 (Mio Akiyama)
SKmarioman
PrincessOfPeaches
Stargazing (Diantha)
Yoshi K

Results
First, each contestant gets 6 free tokens for participation.

Each of the first two rounds add a separate amount of tokens.
+2= 3
+1= 6
0= 9
-1= 12
-2= 15
-3= 18
-4= 20
-5= 22
-6= 24
-7= 26
-8= 28
-9= 30
-10= 32
-11= 34
-12= 36
-13= 38
-14= 40

For the top two bonus round, a third amount is given.
1st= 30
2nd= 15

Here are the standings for reference:
Round 1
SKMarioMan= -9
Yoshi K= -6
Icemario= -11
Cirdec=-10
Stargazing= +1
Ninelevendo= -10

Round 2
SKMarioMan= -10
Yoshi K= 0
Icemario= -10
Cirdec= -8
Stargazing= +2
Ninelevendo= -9

Round 3
1st: Icemario
2nd: Ninelevendo

This makes the totals:
Icemario= 102 tokens
Ninelevendo= 83 tokens
SKMarioMan= 68 tokens
Cirdec= 66 tokens
Yoshi K= 39 tokens
Stargazing= 20 tokens

Linhardt von Hevring

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
uhh i told you you couldn't actually start one without consulting the committee, and you never told me if you were up to the task of organizing it.... i have to shut this down unless you're willing to undertake that, since i know nothing about world tour and can't help you with it myself

Ninelevendo

Dry Bowser
The hard part is getting a time when we're all awake. So we need to agree on rules, and make sure that this is code access only. I'd say stick to the Castle Club Courses.

Icemario

Star Spirit
How does that not make sense?

The game has communities you can use, where two players at a time can do Match Play for each match. Considering we have five, it'd probably have to be a watered down round robin where you face 2-3 of the other players and the top 2 (or 4) move on to the bracket portion.

Lumastar

Stay off this text, jerks! He has personal issues.
Azusa Nakano said:

The game has communities you can use, where two players at a time can do Match Play for each match. Considering we have five, it'd probably have to be a watered down round robin where you face 2-3 of the other players and the top 2 (or 4) move on to the bracket portion.
The tournament won't begin until August, so I expect a few more people to sign up. I will have details on the tournament in the next couple of days.

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I'd like information on how it is going to work (in terms of organization, not scheduling, since I know that comes later) before I sign up.

Ninelevendo

Dry Bowser
Azusa Nakano said:

Tournaments and Community's are completely different game features. And match play would require people to be awake. This could either be a Tournament or Community, but it depends on what mode we are playing in, and if we only have one shot at this or not.

Cirdec

Celestial Guide
It's 1vs1 though.
If it's more than two players at the same time, then point tourney seems good imo.

Icemario

Star Spirit
Not really, Match Play only needs two players. With the holidays coming it'll be very easy to form play times.

Ninelevendo

Dry Bowser
Azusa Nakano said:
Not really, Match Play only needs two players. With the holidays coming it'll be very easy to form play times.
Holidays are in 10 weeks. You were a week late. Unless Holidays are different we're you are ;)
Match play can have more than two, but it wouldn't be proper golf. Maybe Skins/Point or Stroke, not that they really make a difference.