Potential Expansion Ideas

Reko Yabusame

I love theming after games I have never played!
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Superchao
so yeah, various ideas for our probable expansion to 30 mario awards! yaaay

so far ones that have met with enough approval to merit more discussion

-Best Second/Third-Party Developer
-Best Luigi Game
-Favorite Boss (Tentative replacement for Favorite Mini-Boss)
-Favorite Wario Character
-Favorite 3D World Level
-Favorite Portrait Ghost

we didn't finish the suggestion box though so keep that in mind we finished it

Sou Hiyori

miss sara it seems i'm stuck on marioboards.com
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Awards Committee
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Turboo
there's nothing wrong with it, i think i said that during the first meeting when expansion was brought up

i'm fine without round numbers, i think people just prefer them (and i do too). like, i would prefer if we could do it in increments of five just because of the evenness, but if we don't have that many good ideas but the ones we do have are well worth it there's nothing wrong with doing something like 27/28

Tyrell Badd

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Gamefreak75
I was under the impression it would make time easier to calculate instead of having the awards end at like something like 8:35/45/55 etc.

Anyways, I'm perfectly fine with the three that Perch has put up so far and if everyone else or a majority agrees, then that gives us 27 awards. If we can somehow think of 3 more good ones (Favorite SM3DL/SM3DW level comes to mind and was suggested in the meeting by a couple of people), that would be fantastic. IF not, then I guess oh well, we'll have to deal with, although I would really like it if we didn't have like 29 awards.

Lakituthequick

Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
I still am a bit thoughtful about Favorite Luigi Game, seeing there would be only four five real games and two 'parody' games (i.e. Mario game → replace some names and sprites → Luigi game). However, on the other hand, there are only 7 Koopalings in their respective Award.

= 'Parody' game

• Luigi's Mansion
• Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
• New Super Luigi U
• Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
• Dr. Luigi
Luigi Bros. in Super Mario 3D World
Super Luigi Bros. in NES Remix 2

In this category (Category:Companies) we can find some companies of which I assume are mostly second party (along with some rating companies we'll have to filter out). I'm not entirely sure about that though.

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Awards Committee
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Smasher
^ We agreed that it shouldn't be 2013-14 only, so the first Luigi's Mansion is also eligible.

Still only five though. I would be ok with with the award if we had one or two more, but I'm not sure if there any more good choices?

I don't have any problems with the other three mentioned.