OFFICIAL USERPEDIA AWARDS VI CEREMONY

Beep

Mushroom Attendant
Demidevimon said:
Kingbowser99 said:
Demidevimon said:
Kingbowser99 said:
maybe I should get a top hat and a monocle...
Get a cup of tea and beat his Britishness
thing is I am British

so basically it would be the most epic battle to ever exist

two Brits; a fight to the death

the battle of the poshes
As a fellow Brit I would love to see that, maybe I'd contribute with an umbrella
omp a fellow Brit

you and I shall get along well friend

Duskull

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Kingbowser99 said:
Demidevimon said:
Kingbowser99 said:
Demidevimon said:
Kingbowser99 said:
maybe I should get a top hat and a monocle...
Get a cup of tea and beat his Britishness
thing is I am British

so basically it would be the most epic battle to ever exist

two Brits; a fight to the death

the battle of the poshes
As a fellow Brit I would love to see that, maybe I'd contribute with an umbrella
omp a fellow Brit

you and I shall get along well friend
Huzzah!

Walkazo

Thou liest!
Wiki Bureaucrat
Hello everybody, welcome to the third annual Super Mario Wiki Lifetime Community Achievement Award! This award started back in 2011, adding to the Favourite Retired User Award as our means to express the appreciation, respect, nostalgia, support, love, idolization, obsession, fear and/or all the other sorts of all-consumingly PASSIONATE things we feel towards our fellow denizens of the Super Mario Wiki community. Because we care.

Anyway, as you may or may not know, last year ended up as quite the shocker, with a five-way tie for second place. I know, right? Crazy! And a dang hard act to follow, but the 151 Generation I Pokémon users who voted this year did manage to throw us a couple curveballs. Or at least, I was surprised, at any rate - and hopefully you will be too! OR ELSE!

To that end, I've decided to set up my presentation as a bit of a choose-your-own-adventure thing. A really, really simple one, mind you, since there's only really two paths to choose from: you can go the long route and read all the profiles as they count down, or you can skip to the top five and make sure the process of elimination doesn't prepare you for the SHOCK and AWE of the Top 5. Not that there aren't surprises to be had in the first nine, of course - not to mention the four allllll new profiles for the write-in nominees not covered by the handy dossier (The_'Shroom:Issue_LXXV/Userpedia_Awards_Dossier#U10._Lifetime_Community_Achievement_Award) voters were presented with ahead of time.

And with that blabbering out of the way, onto the final Userpedia award of the day - U10: Lifetime Community Achievement. Let the adventure... BEGIN!

To start things off, here are our four write-in finalists (in alphabetical order): Coincollector, Fawfulfury65, TheFreshPrince and Toadbert101.

First up is Coincollector, a cheerful fellow who's been part of the wiki ever since December of 2006. He was promoted to Sysop in June 2008 and became a Bureaucrat in May 2009, a position he holds to this very day, giving him one of the longest terms of any admin, second only to Porplemontage himself. CC's also a long-time contributor to The 'Shroom, having written over 30 sections over the span of three years, mostly from his "Wheel Tips Corner" column. He's contributed lots of edits and images over the years and is known for his amicable nature, his love of Daisy and art, and for being the only Colombian admin in wiki history.

Next is Fawfulfury65, who joined the wiki in April 2009 as Megamariofan65, rejoining with her current name a month later when she forgot her original password. A hard-working user, she contributed greatly to our Donkey Kong Country and Mario & Luigi coverage in particular, eventually earning a promotion to Patroller in April 2010, and then again to Sysop that December. She later became the Music & Artwork subteam director for The 'Shroom from Feb. 2011 to April 2012. Sadly, RL time constraints led to declining activity levels and FF65 officially retired this past January, but needless to say, she'll always have a place in the MWiki community should she find the time to drop by.

Our next write-in is Super-Yoshi, a.k.a. TheFreshPrince, a veteran user and Team Fortress 2-playing member of the Bros + Snack gamer clan. He joined the community in Nov. 2007 and has had various terms of Sysophood and Patrollership on both the Super Mario Wiki and Userpedia, all of which fell between Nov. 2008 and April 2011 - although the MWiki records are messy and confusing and the UP details are sketchy, so I'll just leave it at that. TFP's also written a couple of guest sections for The 'Shroom and is, simply put, a household name across the community.

Finally, we have Toadbert101, another longtime user and member of Bros + Snack. Toadbert101 joined in January 2007 and was around for the golden era of Userpedia, which he contributed to in the form of When Sysops Attack!, one of the four most popular sprite comics of the day. He's also done a couple other projects over the years and has written 16 fake ads and counting for what is currently known as the "Peddler's Place" column of The 'Shroom. He's been part of the community for so long, it's hard to imagine what it'd be like without him.
T-minus 10... and it's a four-way tie between Ghost Jam, Son of Suns, Turboo and Twentytwofiftyseven.

The wiki was barely a month old when Ghost Jam joined in September of 2005. His original account was called Jelly Soup, but when his roommate used it to get in argument with one of the only other active editors, Ghost Jam decided to make a clean start with his current handle. He was promoted to Sysop in November, becoming the second (active) member of the Wiki staff, alongside Porplemontage. Ghost Jam spent those early days fighting vandalism and doing the maintenance work that formed the foundation that the rest of the database was built upon. Once more users started joining in 2006, Ghost Jam was able to start taking things a bit easier, but he was still an active Sysop and forum moderator, only officially retiring in January 2010. He still checks in from time to time, which is always great to see, because he's one of the main reasons why the Super Mario Wiki is what it is today.

One of the aforementioned 2006 users was Son of Suns, who joined in April and became a Sysop in May. A lot of folks remember SoS for his silver-tongued debating skills or his communist Mario avatar, but he was also one of the largest contributors back in the day. He fought vandals, created or helped expand countless articles and drafted numerous policies over the years. His tenure as an admin was broken up by a couple periods of inactivity during the middles of 2007 and 2008, but he was always welcomed back, his last restoration to Sysophood in Nov. 2008 even being followed soon after by a promotion to Bureaucrat the following January. Then, on April 7, 2009, Son of Suns abruptly demoted himself and disappeared forever. His last words to the community were "can no longer peform [sic] functions necessary of MarioWiki", bringing an illustrious Super Mario Wiki career to a hasty and mysterious end.

Turboo joined the Super Mario Wiki in August 2008 as The Chozo Yoshi, and over the years has also been known as Ace Reporter Kylie Koopa and Orbulon. She was given temporary admin powers to help restore Userpedia after it was nuked during the "Jorge Hack Incident" in Oct. 2009. She was also an UP forum mod, is a chat operator of both #mwchat and #userpedia, and has been the MWiki Anniversary Awards Committee Director for two years running. She's also a member of Bros + Snack, has contributed a couple sections to The 'Shroom, and was recently promoted to Patroller on the Super Mario Wiki this past May. Over the years, Turboo has established herself as a likable, hard-working and popular user around the community, and we're glad to have her here.

The tie for tenth rounds off with Twentytwofiftyseven, or 2257 for short. He joined back in October 2007, eventually being promoted to Patroller in March 2009, bumped up to Sysop only a month later, and finally attaining the rank of Bureaucrat in July 2010. This was followed by his promotion to Sysop over on Userpdia in Dec. 2010, and after years of hard work, he was made a 'Crat there too, in January 2013. He's also a #mwchat and #userpedia admin, and a founding member of Agonizing Masterpiece Productions (AMP), where his coding skills are put to good use. His handiwork can also be seen in the redesigns of both Userpedia and The 'Shroom, the latter of which he's participated in for years, writing various sections, and serving as Editor-in-Chief in 2010 and Sub-Director in 2011, recently stepping back into the latter role in the latest issue. He's a busy guy all right, and the wiki is all the better for it.

T-minus 9...

Up next is Xzelion, who joined the wiki in February 2007 as Great Gonzo, at the prompting of his brothers. He started out doing mostly gnomework but soon got involved with fighting vandals, earning a promotion to Patroller in April 2007, then Sysop in May, and Bureaucrat in September. He also wrote a few sections for The 'Shroom during 2007 and was both the Editor-in-Chief and Fake News sub director for a few months late in the year. 2007 also saw the tumultuous creation of Userpedia by Xzelion and some others, with Xze becoming the UP Steward from Oct 2007 until Sept. 2008. By that point, he had already retired from the MWiki as well, having left in Jan. 2008, but he returned to the community in 2009, becoming an UP 'Crat from Feb. to May and an MWiki Sysop from May until July. He returned to both sites again in April/May 2011 but went inactive once more by 2013. He was also a Fantendo Sysop, a moderator on both the Marioboards and UP forums, the "what" to Smiddle's "head asplosion", and overall, one of the most productive and iconic Users in the history of the community.

T-minus 8... and another tie, between Glowsquid and Stooben Rooben.

Alternatively known as Gofer and Blitzwing, Glowsquid joined the wiki in Feb. 2007. In March 2008 he was promoted to Patroller, and then again to Sysop that same month, eventually resigning a year later, in March 2009. But he didn't stay away from the team for long, remaining part of the community and eventually being repromoted directly to Sysop in May 2010, followed by a promotion to Bureaucrat in March 2012. He was the Director of The 'Shroom throughout 2008 and also became a moderator of the Marioboards that same year; while he temporarily resigned after the "Mindless Junk II" incident in 2012, he got his powers back later that year and remains a mod to this very day. A sardonic yet dedicated editor, Glowsquid created the BJAODN archive, and is one of the few members of the community who enjoys writing about the behind-the-scenes aspects of videogames. He'll go to great lengths to track down and verify even the most obscure details, be they about about beta elements or the developers themselves, and the Super Mario Wiki is fortunate to have him.

In November of 2007 a user named Lemonface joined, soon forgetting his password and having to rejoin, first as Lemonface2, and then as the one and only Stooben Rooben. He was promoted to Sysop in Sept. 2008 and then to Bureaucrat that December, holding the rank until 2011. On Userpedia, he was promoted to Sysop in April 2008, 'Crat in October and Steward in May 2009, briefly stepping back down to 'Crat during 2010 but then returning to the top post, which is where you'll find him now, alongside Hypnotoad and Master Crash. He's written 54 sections for The 'Shroom, was the Fake News director for half of 2008, the Affiliates Manager for half of 2011, and even the Director of the entire paper during 2009 and 2010, although he and his Sub-Director Tucayo repeatedly exchanged positions during his first term due to time restraints. Stooben's also held positions on chat, the Marioboards and the awards and poll committees, is still a moderator of the UP forums, and founded both his own forum, the Xephyr Boards, and the AMP collaboration group. A great leader, team player and talented musician, Stooben is often cited as one of the nicest users ever, and his influence can be felt far and wide across the community.

T-minus 7...

Lucky number seven is Crocodile Dippy, a.k.a. Pokemon DP, Black Hole Sun, My Bloody Valentine and various other nicknames. This well-known, music-loving Australian joined in May 2007, became a Patroller that August and a Sysop in October. He was also a Sysop on both on Fantendo and UP, the latter until Nov. 2007. He resigned from the MWiki staff in June 2008 and became an UP 'Crat from October until Jan. 2009, with a second, final stint as a Userpedian Sysop from June to November in 2010, although he still remains as an UP forum mod. DP was one of the first members of the Xephyr Board, and has been a moderator there on and off since 2009, even becoming a Head Honcho in March 2012. He was a founding member of AMP as well, plus a chat operator, an honorary member of Bros + Snack, and this past year's Poll Committee Chairperson. Between 2007 and the present, DP's written over 70 articles and game reviews for The 'Shroom, and has been part of its core staff since Jan. 2012, first as the Affiliates Manager and then, as of July 2012, the director of the "Critic Corner" subteam. While many of us persist in calling him by different names, one thing's for sure: DP's been a major player in the community for years, and will hopefully be here for years to come.

T-minus 6...

Lastly, we have Walkazo, a.k.a. me. I joined the wiki in July 2007 and Userpedia shortly thereafter, where I was made a Sysop in May 2008 and a Bureaucrat in September. However, shortly after my second promotion, UP-Scribblewiki was destroyed, and while I kicked around as a sorta consultant for a while, rejoining the new UPs was never in the cards and I eventually retired from there altogether. Instead, I focused on the wiki once more and was promoted to Sysop in Jan. 2009, and then to 'Crat in July 2011. I joined the Xephyr board in June 2009, getting made a mod there about a year later, and I've also contributed a couple sections to The 'Shroom in recent months. I was the first female Sysop in the community, the only girl 'Crat ever, and have held the third longest term as an MWiki admin. Around the community, I'm (in)famous for my policy writing, proposal work and long, windy debating tactics - this presentation is turning out to be pretty lengthy too, in fact...
In 5th place...

Unlike most users, Hypnotoad, also known as Anton (which, contrary to popular belief, is not his RL name), didn't start out on the wiki - instead, he followed some hooligans from our community back to #mariowiki after they invaded his #pokemon chatroom. He joined our chat in July 2009 and the two communities eventually merged. He became a chat admin in late 2010 and joined both Userpedia and the MWiki proper in May 2011. He soon became involved in various committees on UP and was promoted to Patroller in Aug. 2011, Sysop in March 2012, and then straight to Steward that very November, alongside veteran user Master Crash. At the same time, ownership of the #userpedia chat was transferred to him, adding to his credentials - which were already plump thanks to his appointment to UP forum moderator in Sept 2012. Hypnotoad has been a hard-working member of Userpedia for years, and as you should know already, he's hosting this year's UP Awards too - he even wrote that dossier I mentioned earlier. We're very lucky he was curious enough to tail some jokesters back to our community, and then friendly enough to go and join our craziness, all those years ago.

In 4th place...

Eight years ago, on August 12, 2005, Porplemontage, a.k.a. Steve, founded the Super Mario Wiki, the forum eventually following just over one year later, in October 2006. The early days were tough, with spammers and vandals galore, but Porplemontage and the handful of users who joined him stuck with it, slowly but surely carving out a place for our wiki and building a vast and vibrant community. While Porple now leaves most of the day-to-day admin business to his staff, he still actively maintains the wiki - paying the bills, keeping the software up-to-date, ensuring things run smoothly and occasionally creating new policies to make sure we'll always be the top pick when folks search for Mario information. He has ultimate control over both the Marioboards and the wiki proper, and as well as having the final say in all goings-on, he also has he power to lock and rest the server, and has done just that in the past to save the wiki from a couple fateful troll attacks. The Super Mario Wiki is in good hands as long as Porplemontage is at the helm, and if he hadn't taken the initiative to create the wiki all those years ago, our community and the accomplishments and friendships we have built over the years would never have happened. For that and more, we owe him our thanks.

In 3rd place......

Gamefreak75 joined the wiki in September 2009, eventually becoming a Patroller in July 2010, and a Sysop on both the Super Mario Wiki and Userpedia in December 2010. He's been a Marioboards forum mod for over two and a half years, and is also a #mwchat admin and #userpedia chat op. He was the Fun Stuff subteam director for The 'Shroom for over two years, from Feb 2011 to Jan. 2013, and this will be his third year in a row of hosting the Fail Awards in the MWiki Anniversary celebrations. Overall, he's a very well-known and likeable user, but perhaps the best way to understand just how much of an impact he's had on the wiki is to look at the 75th issue of The 'Shroom, which used videogame series near and dear to Gamefreak75's heart as its special theme, with the man himself featured in the monthly interview. If having an entire issue of the community newspaper dedicated to you doesn't prove that you're an integral part of the Super Mario Wiki, I don't know what will.

In 2nd place......

A reliable and super-nice user hailing from Mexico, Tucayo (technically Henry Tucayo Clay on the wiki right now) joined in January 2008. He was made a Patroller from April to May in 2009, and repromoted in June, later becoming a Sysop in December. He was demoted for inactivity in Jan. 2011, but two years later, in Jan. 2013 he returned in full force once more. He's been a Sysop over on Userpedia too, first for a day in October 2009 to help restore the place after the "Jorge Hack Incident", and then later for real, from Sept. 2010 to Jan. 2011. However, Tucayo's real passion is The 'Shroom: he was interested in it from day one, signing up for a section before he had even made his first mainspace edit, and going on to write over 230 sections for the paper - making up about 9% of all its contributions. After coming in second in the 2009 Director election, Tucayo became Stooben's Sub-Director, however the two switched roles a few times that year, with Tuacyo ending up as the acting Director for 9 out of the 12 months. He was Stooben's second-in-command throughout the following year as well, and became the director of the Fun Stuff subteam for a few months on the side. More recently, he was he Statistics Manager from March 2012 until this past January, when he became the Co-Director of The 'Shroom alongside SMB - a position that's been a long-time coming for this incredibly friendly and hard-working user.

And now... In 1st place......... for the third year in a row... Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. joined the wiki in March of 2008. He was promoted to Patroller from July to August of 2009 and reinstated in October, eventually becoming a Sysop in Jan. 2010 and a Marioboards mod that July. Over on Userpedia, he was first promoted to Sysop in Sept. 2009, only to be demoted in November. But this didn't last forever, and in June 2010 he was repromoted to Sysop and then 'Crat, as well as being made an UP forum mod. This was followed by a tenure as an UP Steward that lasted from August 2010 to November 2012, at which point he resumed being a regular 'Crat. Then, in March 2013, in the face of increasing RL commitments, he decided the time had come, and resigned from all his positions across the community - save for The 'Shroom. SMB has been one of the top contributors to the paper, with 107 'Shroom sections to his name and turns as the subteam director of "Music & Artwork", "Pipe Plaza" and "Fake News". In February 2011 he became the Director of The 'Shroom, a position he still holds today, although he's been splitting the duty with his Co-Director Tucayo since February of this year. SMB's even spent time as the Director of UP's newspaper, The Disconnected, and was the founder of both #mwchat and, formerly, #userpedia, making him a prime example of a user who's had his finger in every pie (but not on the pie button - that proposal was before his time). He's also a really nice guy and a beloved member of the community - we can't give him pie, but we can give him the Lifetime Achievement Award, and so we have.

Congratulations, Super Mario Bros.!

And thus, our harrowing adventure comes to a close. The thrills, the chills, the history come alive! I hope you liked it - and big thanks to everyone who voted and made this presentation possible. And now... just when you thought it was over... I give you... the detailed results! (Dun dun dunnn!)

U10 – Lifetime Community Achievement
1) Super Mario Bros. – 54 – 35.76%
2) Tucayo – 15 – 9.93%
3) Gamefreak75 – 13 – 8.61%
4) Porplemontage – 11 – 7.28%
5) Hypnotoad – 10 – 6.62%
6) Walkazo – 8 – 5.30%
7) Crocodile Dippy – 7 – 4.64%
8) Stooben Rooben – 6 – 3.97%
8) Glowsquid – 6 – 3.97%
10) Xzelion – 5 – 3.31%
11) Son of Suns – 3 – 1.99%
11) Ghost Jam – 3 – 1.99%
11) Twentytwofiftyseven – 3 – 1.99%
11) Turboo – 3 – 1.99%
15) O. TheFreshPrince – 1 – 0.66%
15) O. Toadbert101 – 1 – 0.66%
15) O. Coincollector – 1 – 0.66%
15) O. Fawfulfury65 – 1 – 0.66%
Total -- 151

Anton will be concluding Userpedia Awards VI with a Closing Script next.

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
A great culmination to all of your awards tonight! Congratulations, Super Mario Bros!

Tabuuownsall132x2

also I hang out here, I guess
okay uh

i said it was okay to depict me in a respectful manner

congratulations to the winners

but fuck you for that, BMB

seriously

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
ooooooooooh myyyyyyy pooooooooooooochy, I got second!!!!!!!!! :DDDD

Congratulations, SMB!!!

And great presentation, Walk!

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
going on to write over 230 sections for the paper - making up about 9% of all its contributions.
holy shit, I had no idea I had written that much

Hibiki Tachibana

Gekisou Gungnir
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
While I’m personally unable to attend the ceremony because of work, I have worked through and seen the background process, results, and at least the Userpedia presentations, and can say that a lot of hard work was put into all of this and I believe it has paid off! Our main focus for choosing awards and nominations, since Userpedia focuses more on the community aspects alongside ‘historical’ documentation, was to modernize and make sure people today actually know what’s what since it’s 2013 and not 2008 anymore, and bring more focus to people who are here now. There sure could be some more work in that aspect, but I believe that what’s been done is a significant improvement!

Congratulations to the winners for, well, winning; thanks to the presenters, awards staff, and UP staff for a job well done this year; and thanks to all nominees and members for sharing your creativity with all of us! Keep up the great work to make next year even better!

Thank you for attending Userpedia Awards VI!

And so, the Userpedia Awards have concluded! In ten minutes, Fail Awards V will begin with the introduction from the Host, Gamefreak75. In fifteen minutes, Uniju will post up the first Fail Awards presentation: F1, Worst Character.

Beep

Mushroom Attendant
Hobbes said:

Congratulations, SMB!!!

HUG ME BROTHER

*embraces*

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Kingbowser99 said:
Hobbes said:

Congratulations, SMB!!!

HUG ME BROTHER

*embraces*
I forgive you for not having attended the 'Shroom Awards :')

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Congrats once again, SMB!

[me=Tailmon]claps, then moves to the Fail awards[/me]

Beep

Mushroom Attendant
Hobbes said:
Kingbowser99 said:
Hobbes said:

Congratulations, SMB!!!

HUG ME BROTHER

*embraces*
I forgive you for not having attended the 'Shroom Awards :')
I'm so sorry, buddy. I had other business to attend to, but I promise, I will not miss your piano recital ever again.

Tabuuownsall132x2

U2 ~ Favorite Written Fiction

Okay, everyone, the wait is over…after a few paragraphs of my mumbo jumbo. It is my pleasure that I – Baby Mario Bloops – will be presenting the Favorite Written Fiction award. I know that my award did really good last year, and I just wanted to hopefully present it’s victory today.

Tabuu: Mm hmm.

Oh, and I’m going to have a few people that also have their fictions as potential winners of this award here with me as I present. Obviously, you can see that we have Tabuu, the famous – maybe closer to infamous – writer of stories such as Project Aviate and The Resolutions of 132.

Tabuu: Fuck you.

Lily: Sorry that we can’t all split our focus across multiple projects.

Guys, focus. Anyways, I’m going to go from the bottom up with each award.

In eleven place, we have Corruption. It is actually more deserving of a higher rank than that, as it is a very interesting story. Maybe MCD killing me off didn’t please it’s fans. Nah, I’m pretty sure that it only made people cheer. Anyways, it’s still a great story, and even though it didn’t place well this year, you should all check it out.

In tenth place, we have Scorpion’s Story. Honestly, I have not personally read the story, but anything on that site is probably worth reading. I mean, there are more than eleven stories on this site, and if it was nominated for the award, then it must be worthwhile.

In ninth place, we have Extinction: Rise of the Mutants. I know Zero from a long ways back, and how much of a…dedicated writer he was. The story talks about a rather post-apocalyptic tragedy, but I haven’t read it much, so you should ask him about it. And I’m sure that his writing is definitely worth reading.

Zero: Aw, BMB, I read your stuff.

I am a busy person. Anyways, moving on to eighth place, we have Project Aviate! It seems that one of the Tabuu’s two stories on the awards go all the way down to eight. Whether I want to admit it or not, his work is really good, and he definitely knows what he’s doing.

Tabuu: Of course I know what I'm doing.

Okay, moving on, we go to the seventh award. It is…ha, this is too good: Project 132, also by Tabuu!

Tabuu: At least Aviate didn't place higher. Hated that thing.

Yes, no lies here. Your writing definitely is very good, and I know that these never bring you down, but at least I can acknowledge the fact that you are a very excellent writer.

Tabuu: Thank you. Where's my drink?

For our sixth written fiction, we have Life Troof: Ace Attorney! Lily’s own masterpiece and one of the newer fictions on the site. Lily definitely makes being in a courthouse interesting, and her writing is definitely good.

Lily: I’m just happy I got that high and above Tabuu.

Moving on, we go to the fifth one, which is…oh great, Venture of the Wiki.

Tabuu: Congrats. Maybe you'll place first when you improve.

Lily: Awkward…

NSM: …

It’s fine you guys, it definitely needs a lot of improvement, though I’m happy it got fifth. It was actually close to placing too. Anyways, it’s a great story to read, explores a realm and is a trilogy that has been taking up like three years of my life, and each on-

Tabuu: Let’s move on now.

…Fine. Number four on the ranking is User Soup. It was discontinued a couple years back, but was the most consistently updated stories on the site, and definitely had many fans behind it.

Before I begin the final three, let me talk to New Super Mario, who had gotten third two years ago and won the thing last year, what do you believe you got this year?

NSM: To be honest, I don’t want to win it. My story hasn’t been updated in forever, and I just don’t think it is that deserving. It’s all because of the title that people think it is good.

Tabuu: Nobody updates their stories because they're all too busy smoking weed and YOLOing. Whatever the kids these days do.

Well, let’s go on to third place, which is Pokemon Black and White – Wiki Edition! This is definitely a really good story, which brings many of the users on this site into the world of Pokemon. Javelin – an excellent writer and one of the best on the site – combined with Pokemon, and then you can see why it makes it to the top three for best fictions.

In second place, we have…New Sherlock Mario. New Super Mario has been writing this story about him and a group of users that solve mysterious cases, and is one of the few series on the site. I definitely think it should be something to read if you haven’t already.

NSM: At least I didn’t win.

In first place, we have it as…Toadbert’s Riveting Tale of his Trip to the Grocery. I honestly don’t know if that was the story, or if that was just the title. I haven’t read it, but if it managed to get first, either it was mob mentality into play, or is a very good written fiction. Either way, go check it out and find out yourself if it was deserving of its fame!

Tabuu: It is. Toadbert's Riveting Tale of his Trip to the Grocery is not only a wonderful UP fic, but it's a wonderful story that transcends anything before it and anything that may follow. That's not even sarcasm, shit's tight.

With that, this award is done! However, to not force you to try to quick-read this in five minutes during the ceremonies, here’s a summary of everything that is award has to offer, including the very close votes for many of the awards.

1) Toadbert’s Riveting Tale of his Trip to the Grocery – 27 – 18.00%
2) New Sherlock Mario – 23 – 15.33%
3) Pokemon Black and White – Wiki Edition – 21 – 14.00%
4) User Soup – 17 – 11.33%
5) Venture of the Wiki – 16 – 10.67%
6) Lily Troof: Ace Attorney – 13 – 8.67%
7) Project 132 – 10 – 6.67%
8 ) Project Aviate – 7 – 4.67%
8 ) Extinction: Rise of the Mutants – 7 – 4.67%
10) Scorpion’s Story – 6 – 4.00%
11) Corruption – 3 – 2.00%

Total – 150

I truly do wish you a happy anniversary, and to enjoy the rest of the ceremony. Have a wonderful day!

Tabuuownsall132x2

my petty vendetta against people not understanding how to portray me aside, the winners of all these awards- and our presenters, for their hard work- all have my adoration <3