Pokémon (Gen 5) Tournament (FINISHED)

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff
Re: Pokémon (Gen 5) Tournament (PLAY-IN GAMES FINISHED)

So day 2 is officially over, as the quarterfinals conclude and we are now down to 4. FireEevee, Cirdec, Anton, Skulldug, congratulations!

Day 3 (August 2nd), we will combine both the semifinals and the finals, so please make sure you make time for the finals if you make it there.

Anton, Skulldug, you two will be battling roughly at around 8:30 PM EST.

Cirdec, FireEevee, your time windows correspond with each other from 5:30PM EST to 8PM EST, so fit in your series sometime during that time period (or earlier or later, if you wish!)

Just make sure that whichever two participants make it to the finals, that you make time for that. Please!

To ARFU and GP, thank you two for participating and we look forward to seeing you two in the double battles tournament! Good luck to the remaining participants! :)

Lorenz Hellman Gloucester

absolutely the best boy dont even try to debate it

Dean Winchester said:
I sincerely apologize that I was not here this morning. I also sincerely apologize about the issues occurring right now.

ARFU, Skulldug, if you two still want to give it one more shot, then what you need to do is after registering each other into your Pal Pad, go into the Wi-Fi Room (middle room in the top floor of the Pokemon Center), connect, and one of you will have to go up to the computer in the top of the room and set the rules that I mentioned in the last page.

Also, thank you Smasher for taking care of the matches this morning! I appreciate it. :) (I may need you to do Skulldug/ARFU if they're willing to give it another shot though; I still have some work to do x-x)
well, shit. i kind of wanted to give it another go, but its too late. XD have fun against anton, skulldug!

NotABannableOffense

My heart belongs to another.
Banned User

I don't have wifi so I'm going to have to drop from the doubles tournament.

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

NotABannableOffense said:
I don't have wifi so I'm going to have to drop from the doubles tournament.
Ah darn, alright. Thanks for signing up for the doubles tournament and for signing up for the tournament overall! Looking forward to hopefully having you participate again next year! :D

Hideyoshi said:
well, shit. i kind of wanted to give it another go, but its too late. XD have fun against anton, skulldug!
Aha, sorry ARFU! Still got the doubles tournament to give it another shot! :)

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
Re: Pokémon (Gen 5) Tournament (QUARTERFINALS FINISHED)

hehe cirdec won.

I wanted to fight anton though XD.

well good luck losing to those blizzards.

nyeh!

Cirdec

Celestial Guide

And the worse is my team is weak to blizzard.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

I'm back from work. Just need to shower and I'll be ready after that.

Cirdec

Celestial Guide

*Yawn* Hope it won't take long. It's 2:17 for me now.

Edit: It's 3:00 now and I am too tired. Unless Packy is willing to delay final tomorrow, I have to concede against Anton/Skulldog, sorry.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Cirdec said:

Edit: It's 3:00 now and I am too tired. Unless Packy is willing to delay final tomorrow, I have to concede against Anton/Skulldog, sorry.
Sorry that it took longer than expected. As I just won I guess I have input on this--I have no problem battling you tomorrow, say, around 1pm my time? That'll be around 7pm for you.

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

Sorry about not being here again tonight.

I'm open to postponing the finals between you two until tomorrow (I'll just make sure that if you get randomly selected for the play in battle tomorrow that it doesn't overlap with your committed final).

Congratulations to you two as well! :) Looking forward to the finals tomorrow!

And thank you Skulldug and FireEevee for playing!

I will have the schedule for the double battle tournament up sometime in the morning for you all to have. If you get selected for the play-in battle, please be ready!

(Will have the bracket updated whenever I go to bed and turn on my laptop)

Cirdec

Celestial Guide

Politoed said:
Cirdec said:

Sorry that it took longer than expected. As I just won I guess I have input on this--I have no problem battling you tomorrow, say, around 1pm my time? That'll be around 7pm for you.
That's fine for me.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Re: Pokémon (Gen 5) Tournament (SEMIFINALS FINISHED)

My computer is still booting up but I've got my 3ds on

Cirdec

Celestial Guide

Lol sorry for the two critical hits.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Hehe, it's fine, sorry for evading every single attack

And Cirdec pulled through with the overall win, 3-1. As I could hear him clicking buttons over the mic, I could tell it was a furious match of smashing the A button!

Cirdec

Celestial Guide

Haha. Well played. Bad I won my three matches with the help of a critical hit.

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

And that is it! Cirdec has defeated Anton in the finals and has won the main/single battles tournament. Congratulations Cirdec, and thank you to the both of you for playing and making it this far!

However, with that, we now begin the second tournament! The side/double battles tournament will begin tonight; I will have the bracket up momentarily as soon as I work out a few times for it! Please be prepared if you are selected to play in the play-in game. This tournament will follow the same format as the single battles tournament: play-in battle today, quarterfinals tomorrow, and semifinals and finals on the last day (unless the final battle needs to be postponed for the next day).

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff
Re: Pokémon (Gen 5) Tournament (DOUBLE BATTLE TOURNAMENT STARTS TONIGHT)

Here is your bracket!

Participants of the play-in game, GD and Skulldug, you two will be battling preferably sometime tonight at about 8PM-ish EST (or earlier or later, whatever works best for you two!)

The rest of you in the quarterfinals will be battling tomorrow. Pyro will be battling either GD or Skulldug at a planned date of 8PM-ish EST (or whatever works for Pyro and the other participant).

ARFU, Cirdec, you two will be battling sometime in the morning between 7AM and 12PM EST. Whenever you battle between that time is up to you both.

Anton, GP, I currently do not have a planned time for your battle. Currently Anton and I do not know what times he will be available tomorrow (or for the rest of this tournament) and will not know until late tonight/tomorrow. GP, I will let you know what times Anton becomes available as soon as I find out.

TFP, FE, I am still assuming that FE's time window of 5:30-9:30 EST still applies for these couple of days. Your match tomorrow will correspond with that time window and whatever works best for you two!

Does anyone need their opponent's FC?

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff
Re: Pokémon (Gen 5) Tournament (BRACKET IS OFFICIALLY UP!)

Dean Winchester said:
The flat-rules is what sets the "Pokemon level", "Special Pokemon", "Same Pokemon", "Same Items", and "No. of Pokemon" rules on (descriptions in the OP).

Here is what you all need to do once you connect:

• Go up to the computer in the middle. Hit A to use it.
  • Scroll down to "Battle". Hit A.
  • There should be a screen that comes up with "Battle Format", "Battle Rule", "Wonder Launcher", "Confirm", and "Rules".
  • Battle Format should be selected on Single Battle. Hit A and change it to "Double Battle".
  • Go down to Battle Rule, hit A, and select "Flat rules".
  • Wonder Launcher should already be set on On. Leave it like that.
  • If you go down to "Rules" and hit A, a screen showing the set rules should appear. It should say "DOUBLE BATTLE", "No. of Pokemon: 4", "Pokemon level: Becomes 50-", "Special Pokemon: Banned", "Same Pokemon: Banned", "Same items: Banned", and "Wonder Launcher: On".
  • If they say what I said they should say, then hit B, go up to "Confirm", and hit A. Make sure that when you do this, you do not have any same Pokemon or any same items or special Pokemon. Otherwise, it will tell you and you will have to exit the room and fix that.
  • When you are setting up the battle, only one participant needs to do this. The other participant must walk up to the other participant when they are jumping and accept their invitation.
Here is the revamped "what-you-will-need-to-do"... thing!

(remember that Wonder Launcher is optional)

e: Thanks FE for noticing my error!

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User

I get to fight TFP. lol

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

On break now, got my hours.

Sunday = 11-7:30
Monday = Off
Tuesday = 4-10:30 closing
Wednesday = Off
Thursday = 11-7:30
Friday = 2-10:30 closing
Saturday = Off

This may also conflict with awards ceremony stuff, idk

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

Alrighty, thank you Anton! Does about 8:30-ish EST sound good to the both of you?