Pokémon (Gen 5) Tournament (FINISHED)

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff
Re: Pokémon (Gen 5) Tournament

Nope, that is perfectly fine! I will switch you over to both tournaments. Thanks NABO! :)

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

Cirdec asked this question in PM and I'd like for you all to know in case you have the same question:

Cirdec said:
I have a question. Do we have to get 6 Pokémons for the tournament, and each match we choose 3 of them, or we just need 3 Pokémons?
You will only need 3 Pokemon in total for the main tournament (single battles); you will need 4 Pokemon in total for the side tournament (double battles). The Pokemon you choose for the main tournament can be different from the Pokemon you choose for the side tournament.

Lorenz Hellman Gloucester

absolutely the best boy dont even try to debate it

Dean Winchester said:
Nope, that is perfectly fine! I will switch you over to both tournaments. Thanks NABO! :)
how does the wifi club work? cuz nabo and i tried it before and we had no idea what to do.

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

Hideyoshi said:
Dean Winchester said:
how does the wifi club work? cuz nabo and i tried it before and we had no idea what to do.
After you enter the Wi-Fi Club (like I said, should be the middle door in the Pokemon Center, at least for Black 2 and White 2, if anyone does not know; it might be different in Black and White but I highly doubt it) and connect to the Wi-Fi Connection, there should be a computer sort of mechanism in the top of the room. One participant will go to that, hit A in front of it to start using it, and go down to "Battle". When you hit that, the options to change the rules and stuff will come up (which whichever person is starting the battle will HAVE to do that so the Battle Format and Battle Rules can be set). That's how you work the Battle part of the Wi-Fi Club; if you're asking about the other options, they will work the same way (just go up to the computer, hit A to start it up, and select whichever one you want).

Just note that one of you and only one of you has to set up whatever you are doing. When that person is done setting up whatever you're doing, then the other person just has to walk up to that person in the Wi-Fi Club and accept their invitation.

If none of that made sense (which it probably didn't make sense because I kind of lost what I was saying like at the beginning lol) then just tell me. :p I plan to make instructions for it sooner or later, I promise I will get those up soon. :)

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

Here's this to help with time management and planning (all times are Eastern US):

22:56 Anton{Politoed} ok so my hours are:
22:56 Anton{Politoed} Sunday 11am-7:30
22:56 Anton{Politoed} Monday off
22:56 Anton{Politoed} Tuesday 10am-2pm
22:56 Anton{Politoed} Wednesday 10am-2pm
22:56 Anton{Politoed} Thursday 2pm-10:30pm closing
22:56 Anton{Politoed} Friday 11am-7:30pm
22:56 Anton{Politoed} Saturday 4pm-12:30am closing
22:57 Anton{Politoed} so yeah, Tuesday is the 30th
22:57 Anton{Politoed} I shooooould be able to do stuff

Dean Winchester said:
Hideyoshi said:
Dean Winchester said:
After you enter the Wi-Fi Club (like I said, should be the middle door in the Pokemon Center, at least for Black 2 and White 2, if anyone does not know; it might be different in Black and White but I highly doubt it) and connect to the Wi-Fi Connection, there should be a computer sort of mechanism in the top of the room. One participant will go to that, hit A in front of it to start using it, and go down to "Battle". When you hit that, the options to change the rules and stuff will come up (which whichever person is starting the battle will HAVE to do that so the Battle Format and Battle Rules can be set). That's how you work the Battle part of the Wi-Fi Club; if you're asking about the other options, they will work the same way (just go up to the computer, hit A to start it up, and select whichever one you want).

Just note that one of you and only one of you has to set up whatever you are doing. When that person is done setting up whatever you're doing, then the other person just has to walk up to that person in the Wi-Fi Club and accept their invitation.

If none of that made sense (which it probably didn't make sense because I kind of lost what I was saying like at the beginning lol) then just tell me. :p I plan to make instructions for it sooner or later, I promise I will get those up soon. :)
by the way, what are the estimated european times? sorry to bother you, but i really need to know.

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

To Anton and ARFU, hopefully the PM I sent out (and/or what I mention in this post) will take care of your time concerns! :)

MAJOR UPDATE

Hello everyones!

By this point I have sent out PMs to all the participants, but this is here for every single one of you (for participants and people who might still want to sign up).

Copying this bit from the PM that I sent you all:

First off, due to the TF2 tournament switching dates to the 28th-30th, we are pushing back the beginning of the Pokemon tournament a day. This means that instead of the tournament beginning on July 30th, it will begin on July 31st instead.

Second off, because of the beginning date being pushed back a day, this means that all dates will change. However, we are also adding a sixth day of the tournament for the side tournament (because the main tournament and the side tournament have the same amount of participants and will follow the same format). This means that the Pokemon tournament will be held from July 31st to August 5th.
Also, matches will be set up differently. Instead of being randomized and having a time of 7PM EST as the beginning of the tournament, we are scrapping the tentative time of 7PM and instead going to be working with the participants for the best possible times to play two or three battles a day. If you sign up, then please inform us of the best times for you to play two or three battles (along with your FC and if you are signing up for either the main tournament or side tournament).

SPEAKING OF SIGN-UPS, THIS IS OFFICIAL: SIGN-UPS WILL BE CLOSING TOMORROW MORNING (JULY 29TH) TO MAKE TIME FOR GETTING THE BRACKETS READY AND GIVING US TIME TO DISCUSS POSSIBLE TIMES WITH PARTICIPANTS. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SIGNING UP, PLEASE DO SO NOW!!

I believe that is it! If any of you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff
Re: Pokémon (Gen 5) Tournament (DATES CHANGED) - (SIGN UPS CLOSED)

SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED!

I HAVE ONLY GOTTEN THREE PMS BACK REGARDING TIMES. I NEED YOU GUYS TO LET US KNOW YOUR BEST TIMES OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS, PLEASE! IT IS VERY IMPORTANT SO WE CAN SET UP TIMES FOR THE MATCHES.

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

Thank you to the people who have responded to me! I am still awaiting for 3 people to reply, so please get around to that if you have not.

Also, I would like to notify everyone that the freshest of all freshness in the land of fresh has joined as our 10th and final participant. Sign-ups are now, for sure, closed. Thank you to the people who signed up and for your interest in this (even if you had to drop out); we greatly appreciate it so very, very much!

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

Because we're being late with getting the bracket up, me and Smasher have decided to change something around.

First off, this is not filled in whatsoever, but this is the model bracket that we will be using.

Smasher and I have decided that we will be holding the play-in series' (the ones marked (1 and (2) on the 31st (probably sometime around 8PM EST and on). We will move the "quarterfinals" (the ones marked with (3, (4, (5, and (6) to the 1st (which we have taken care of time issues with participants for those battles, do not worry!) to the 1st, and then we will hold the semifinals and the finals on the 2nd. We will more than likely be following the same format for the side tournament.

The bracket will be up sometime in the morning for you all to look at and prepare for for the rest of the 31st. So stay tuned everybody!

so... yeah. this will be fun. just one more hour till the brackets are put up right?

Cirdec

Celestial Guide

With my bad luck I feel I will be in (1) or (2). :p

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong

I'm probably gonna utterly fail in this tournament.

I don't EV train
I don't IV Breed
I don't care that much about natures.

Cirdec

Celestial Guide

50% of my Pokémons are breed, the rest are catched, they have decent IV.

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

HERE IS OUR BRACKET!

Because it’s a bit smaller than the original image I showed you guys, I’d prefer if you used that one as a reference bracket when I say numbers and stuffs!

Matches marked as (1 and (2 will occur at 8PM EST tonight. GP and GD, Anton and NABO, you fellas will be battling at 8PM EST (or sometime after) tonight.

The rest of you, in matches (3, (4, (5, and (6, will not battle until tomorrow (the 1st).

FireEevee will battle the winner of the GP/GD match sometime during the evening (in FE’s preferred time window of 5:30-9:30 PM EST; both GP and GD stated that any time works, so hopefully this works for you guys). So whatever times work best for whoever moves on!

Cirdec, Pyro, Skulldug, and ARFU, because you guys stated you had morning times, you will be battling tomorrow morning. You guys will be battling at 10:30AM EST.

TFP will battle the winner of the Anton/NABO match. The time for this one is still up-in-the-air because it may occur tonight, but if it is tomorrow then it’ll more than likely occur late at night (probably about 11PM-ish EST, depending on Anton, TFP, and NABO’s schedules).

Semifinal matches will have their times set up once the winners are decided and such, so…

YOUR OFFICIAL SCHEDULE FOR THE FIRST FEW BATTLES:

GalacticPetey (The Boulder) vs. Time Turner – 8PM EST (JULY 31ST)

Hypnotoad (Politoed) vs. NotABannableOffense – 8PM EST (JULY 31ST)

Cirdec vs. Pyro – 10:30AM EST (AUGUST 1ST)

Skulldug (Dryskull) vs. Aregularforumuser (Hideyoshi) – 10:30AM EST (AUGUST 1ST)

FireEevee (Super Smash Bros 4 Mario) vs. GP/GD – SOMETIME BETWEEN 5:30PM-9:30PM EST (AUGUST 1ST)

TFP (Minako Aino) vs. Anton/NABO – UNKNOWN; POSSIBLY TONIGHT (JULY 31ST) OR TOMORROW (AUGUST 1ST) – WILL BE DECIDED WHEN WINNER OF ANTON/NABO SERIES IS DECIDED

If the times of this bracket work fine for you all, I shall begin sending out the friend codes of people you will be battling momentarily who have kept theirs as private. Otherwise, you will find them in the OP.

e: I totally didn't say "tonight" was July 1st. Nope. NOPE. NOPE NO SIREE.

Re: Pokémon (Gen 5) Tournament (BRACKET IS OFFICIALLY UP!)

so i willl have to register him. ok. but what is his ingame name and friendcode?

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

By the way guys, please remember when you go to battle tonight or tomorrow or whenever that you choose battle rules and set the flat rules on. PLEASE do that!

Also, if anyone doesn't know, then I believe you have to enter an in-game name before you have the option to register the FC. Just enter in a nickname of that user or something; I believe the actual name should automatically register once you both have each other registered. Sorry I didn't make that clear!

Got about half of the FCs out so far; keep your eyes open for your opponent's FC in PM!

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

The flat-rules is what sets the "Pokemon level", "Special Pokemon", "Same Pokemon", "Same Items", and "No. of Pokemon" rules on (descriptions in the OP).

Here is what you all need to do once you connect:

• Go up to the computer in the middle. Hit A to use it.
  • Scroll down to "Battle". Hit A.
  • There should be a screen that comes up with "Battle Format", "Battle Rule", "Wonder Launcher", "Confirm", and "Rules".
  • Battle Format should be selected on Single Battle. Leave it like that.
  • Go down to Battle Rule, hit A, and select "Flat rules".
  • Wonder Launcher should already be set on On. Leave it like that.
  • If you go down to "Rules" and hit A, a screen showing the set rules should appear. It should say "SINGLE BATTLE", "No. of Pokemon: 3", "Pokemon level: Becomes 50-", "Special Pokemon: Banned", "Same Pokemon: Banned", "Same items: Banned", and "Wonder Launcher: On".
  • If they say what I said they should say, then hit B, go up to "Confirm", and hit A. Make sure that when you do this, you do not have any same Pokemon or any same items or special Pokemon. Otherwise, it will tell you and you will have to exit the room and fix that.
  • When you are setting up the battle, only one participant needs to do this. The other participant must walk up to the other participant when they are jumping and accept their invitation.

Cirdec

Celestial Guide

Then don't you mean turning Wonder Laucher off?