Pokémon (Gen 5) Tournament (FINISHED)

NotABannableOffense

My heart belongs to another.
Banned User
Re: Pokémon (Gen 5) Tournament

I'm signing up, l'll have the friend code to you in a couple of minutes.

Edit: Got da code: 4084-4260-2205 (Xerxes)

KoopaTroopa

bone pun

Actually, I can't join because school is starting up. Sorry :/

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

KoopaTroop said:
Actually, I can't join because school is starting up. Sorry :/
That's alright, perfectly understandable. Thanks for the interest! :D

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User

You guys will get your asses kicked.

I've been training my pokemon using a macho brace.

EctoBiologist

Banned User

The Boulder said:
Mine are already trained.
Mario would like to point that he'll win and that you're not using your third person.

Dr. Javelin

Nathan Latsk

Super Smash Bros 4 Mario said:
Macho Brace?

You don't know what you're doing, do you?

The Macho Brace does double EV gains, but that's pointless because the Power items give you +4 of whatever EV the Power Item gives, which is always more than the gain from the Macho Brace. For example, let's take Druddigon (who iirc gives +3 Atk EVs).

With Macho Brace - +3 HP EVs (Druddigon defeated) * 2 (Macho Brace) = +6 Atk EVs
With Power Bracer - +3 HP EVs (Druddigon defeated) +4 HP EVs (Power Bracer) = +7 Atk EVs

If you've got the money, Proteins and the like will also speed up EV training a bunch.

Gamefreak75

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Forum Moderator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff

I prefer to grind off feathers from the bridge between Nimbasa and Driftveil rather than spending money.

Dr. Javelin

Nathan Latsk

I had a bunch of cash leftover from Elite Four runs and exploring the Seafloor Ruins, so I just went and spent a bunch of it on vitamins. Wasn't using it for anything else.

I tried grinding feathers but it took longer than actually grinding with the EV areas. Also I could never get the kind that I needed, which was annoying.

The best places to go are:

HP EVs: Icirrus City, the pond in the middle (100% chance, 2 HP EVs from Stunfisk)
Atk EVs: Route 1 (100% chance, both Lilipup and Patrat give 1 Atk EV)
Def EVs: Wellspring Cave (50% chance, Roggenrola gives 1 Def EV) This is the only one that isn't 100%.
Sp. Atk EVs: Celestial Tower (100% chance, both Litwick or Elgyem give 1 Sp. Atk EV)
Sp. Def EVs: Driftveil City, Surfing (100% chance, Frillish gives 1 Sp. Def EV)
Speed EVs: Route 1, Surfing (100% chance, Basculin gives 2 Speed EVs)

In Celestial Tower it helps if you go to the floor where the Nurse is so you can easily heal if needed.

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff

what are the estimated times these tournaments will start in American EDT

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

Crocodile Dippy said:
what are the estimated times these tournaments will start in American EDT
For the 30th, 31st, 1st, and 2nd (so all three days for the single battles tournament and one day for the double battles tournament), Smasher and I currently have a tentative time of 7PM EST/EDT. We've still yet to decide on what to do for the final day (the 3rd) due to what we will have to fit in. Note it's tentative so it is subject to change, and if need be we will accommodate to fit the needs of the participants in a battle.

Details of how some things are going to work will be out soon (hopefully later today or tomorrow, we were discussing things earlier and then Smasher pinged out :'()

EctoBiologist

Banned User

Viridi said:
Macho Brace?

The Macho Brace does double EV gains, but that's pointless because the Power items give you +4 of whatever EV the Power Item gives, which is always more than the gain from the Macho Brace. For example, let's take Druddigon (who iirc gives +3 Atk EVs).

With Macho Brace - +3 HP EVs (Druddigon defeated) * 2 (Macho Brace) = +6 Atk EVs
With Power Bracer - +3 HP EVs (Druddigon defeated) +4 HP EVs (Power Bracer) = +7 Atk EVs

If you've got the money, Proteins and the like will also speed up EV training a bunch.
Um.

that difference looks really minor.

NotABannableOffense

Banned User

Viridi said:
Macho Brace?

Um.

Also, the power items are like 16 BP each.

You only need one macho brace.

Dr. Javelin

Nathan Latsk

Um.

Well, for +3 EVs, sure.

But if you're only getting one EV from a Pokemon, then Macho Brace will give you two while Power ____ will give you five.
Aiden Pearce said:
Also, the power items are like 16 BP each.

You only need one macho brace.
is 16 bp supposed to be a lot

because i've been grinding for the choice items, which are 48 bp each

besides, getting bp isn't that difficult. kinda time-consuming, but not very difficult.

The Power items help a lot with EV gaining in my experience. This way to max out Atk EVs, instead of having to kill 252 Patrat and Lilipup, I only have to kill 50 with Power Bracer and two without.

With Macho Brace it would be 126 Patrat and Lillipup to reach max Atk EVs. Which means I can get the job done in 41.2% (52/126) of the time it would take with a Macho Brace.

EctoBiologist

Banned User

only a few more weeks for the special eeveelution team to make it's debut!

also javelin thank you for saying the power items.

that'll speed up the process. once again thanks.

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

Mariotime11 (Drift) has told me in PM that he cannot participate. Just a head's up.

ALSO, NOTICE: Me and Smasher have decided that participants cannot change their teams in between battles. Sounds rather iffy for a Pokemon tournament to allow participants to change their team in between battles. I'll be adding this to the OP.

Also, thank you to the participants who have replied to my PM already! There are a few left who still need to get back to me, but I greatly appreciate the people who have replied already. So thank you guys again!

Sorry, but I'm going to need to drop out.

My Pokemon White game hasn't been working and it keeps on freezing for some reason. I don't think I can figure out what's the problem is in time.

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

Dammit. That's alright; hope you get your game fixed! Thanks for your interest and for signing up. :)

NotABannableOffense

Banned User

Actually, hold up.

I have a team that can work in doubles.

If it isn't too late, I'll do both tournaments.