Talk less, smile more.
TOURNAMENT IS NOW FINISHED! THANK YOU ALL FOR SIGNING UP AND PARTICIPATING! LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING YOU ALL AGAIN FOR NEXT YEAR'S TOURNAMENT!
Hello everyone! Welcome to the Awards/Shroom Pokémon tournament of 2013! I am Palkia47 (or Packy), and that tiny, tiny little man is Smasher, and we are your hosts of this tournament!
This Pokemon tournament will be done using the generation 5 games (Pokémon White, Pokémon Black, Pokémon White 2, and Pokémon Black 2) and the generation 5 games only (sorry generation 4 players!)
RULES AND INFORMATION
- This tournament will have two tournaments: a main tournament (Single Battles) and a side tournament (Double Battles).
- For the main tournament (Single Battles), a participant will have a total of three Pokémon in their party. For the side tournament (Double Battles), a participant will have a total of four Pokémon in their party.
- We are currently planning for the main tournament (Single Battles) to be done over the days of July 31st, August 1st, and August 2nd. We are currently planning for the side tournament (Double Battles) to be done over the days of August 3rd, August 4th, and August 5th. THESE DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- Please specify in your sign-up post whether or not you are signing up for the main tournament (Single Battles), the side tournament (Double Battles), or both.
- We will be using FLAT RULES, which are the following:
- We will have a set level at LEVEL 50. This means that any Pokémon over level 50 will be reduced to level 50, and any Pokémon below level 50 will stay where they are.
- There will be no same Pokemon in a single party. This means that you cannot have two of the same Pokémon on your team at the same time; an example would be that you cannot have two Snivy's on your team at the same time.
- There will be no same item in a single party. This means that you cannot have two of the same items on your team at the same time; an example would be that you cannot have a Super Potion on a Bronzor and a Super Potion on a Medicham.
- The following Pokemon are not allowed to be used:
- Participants are not allowed to change their teams around in-between battles.
- For both the main tournament and the side tournament, we will be using a best-of-three system during the regular match-ups (basically, anything before the finals). This best-of-three system is a head-to-head competition between two participants in which one participant must win two battles (out of the maximum three) to win the "series" and move on to the next round.
- For the finals of both the main tournament and the side tournament, we will be using a best-of-five system. The best-of-five system is basically the same as the best-of-three system, but a participant must win at least three battles (out of the maximum five) to win the tournament.
- If we get an odd amount of participants, then the bye-system will be used. This means that a participant will be randomly selected (via random.org) from the sign-up list and will be excused from playing in the first round.
- Tokens will be distributed for this tournament.
- Times will be figured out once we discuss battle times between the two participants taking part of said battle!
- I request that, whether or not you wish to post it in public, Smasher and I at least have a copy of your friend code from whatever Pokémon game you are playing from. If you do not wish to post it to the public, then please send Smasher and I a PM with your friend code and we will PM it to whoever you will be battling. If you wish to post it to the public (which I would imagine is what pretty much everyone will do), then just post it with your sign-up and I will add it to the sign-ups below beside your name. IF YOU CANNOT FIND YOUR FRIEND CODE, THEN YOU WILL FIND IT IN THE "PAL PAD" ITEM IN YOUR BAG IN-GAME.
- aregularforumuser (Hideyoshi) -- RECEIVED -- BOTH TOURNAMENTS
- FireEevee (Super Smash Bros 4 Mario) -- RECEIVED -- BOTH TOURNAMENTS
- GalacticPetey (The Boulder) -- RECEIVED -- ASSUMING BOTH TOURNAMENTS
- Time Turner -- 2709 - 7912 - 1224 -- RECEIVED
- Cirdec -- 2666 - 7286 - 0639 -- BOTH TOURNAMENTS
- Hypnotoad (Politoed) -- 2795 - 8538 - 4144 -- BOTH TOURNAMENTS
- Pyro -- 1893 - 9196 - 1114 -- BOTH TOURNAMENTS
- Skulldug13 (Polterpup) -- RECEIVED -- BOTH TOURNAMENTS
- NotABannableOffense (Aiden Pearce) -- 4084 - 4260 - 2205 -- SINGLE BATTLE TOURNAMENT ONLY
- TFP (Minako Aino) -- 2709 - 8054 - 8855 -- BOTH TOURNAMENTS
NOTE: Italics mean uncertain.