Pokémon (Gen 5) Tournament (FINISHED)

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff
TOURNAMENT IS NOW FINISHED! THANK YOU ALL FOR SIGNING UP AND PARTICIPATING! LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING YOU ALL AGAIN FOR NEXT YEAR'S TOURNAMENT! :)

Hello everyone! Welcome to the Awards/Shroom Pokémon tournament of 2013! I am Palkia47 (or Packy), and that tiny, tiny little man is Smasher, and we are your hosts of this tournament!

This Pokemon tournament will be done using the generation 5 games (Pokémon White, Pokémon Black, Pokémon White 2, and Pokémon Black 2) and the generation 5 games only (sorry generation 4 players!)

RULES AND INFORMATION

• This tournament will have two tournaments: a main tournament (Single Battles) and a side tournament (Double Battles).
  • For the main tournament (Single Battles), a participant will have a total of three Pokémon in their party. For the side tournament (Double Battles), a participant will have a total of four Pokémon in their party.
  • We are currently planning for the main tournament (Single Battles) to be done over the days of July 31st, August 1st, and August 2nd. We are currently planning for the side tournament (Double Battles) to be done over the days of August 3rd, August 4th, and August 5th. THESE DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
  • Please specify in your sign-up post whether or not you are signing up for the main tournament (Single Battles), the side tournament (Double Battles), or both.
  • We will be using FLAT RULES, which are the following:
    • We will have a set level at LEVEL 50. This means that any Pokémon over level 50 will be reduced to level 50, and any Pokémon below level 50 will stay where they are.
    • There will be no same Pokemon in a single party. This means that you cannot have two of the same Pokémon on your team at the same time; an example would be that you cannot have two Snivy's on your team at the same time.
    • There will be no same item in a single party. This means that you cannot have two of the same items on your team at the same time; an example would be that you cannot have a Super Potion on a Bronzor and a Super Potion on a Medicham.
    • The following Pokemon are not allowed to be used:
      Mewtwo
      Mew
      Lugia
      Ho-oh
      Celebi
      Kyogre
      Groudon
      Rayquaza
      Jirachi
      Deoxys
      Dialga
      Palkia
      Giratina
      Phione
      Manaphy
      Darkrai
      Shaymin
      Arceus
      Victini
      Reshiram
      Zekrom
      Kyurem
      Keldeo
      Meloetta
      Genesect
  • Participants are not allowed to change their teams around in-between battles.
  • For both the main tournament and the side tournament, we will be using a best-of-three system during the regular match-ups (basically, anything before the finals). This best-of-three system is a head-to-head competition between two participants in which one participant must win two battles (out of the maximum three) to win the "series" and move on to the next round.
  • For the finals of both the main tournament and the side tournament, we will be using a best-of-five system. The best-of-five system is basically the same as the best-of-three system, but a participant must win at least three battles (out of the maximum five) to win the tournament.
  • If we get an odd amount of participants, then the bye-system will be used. This means that a participant will be randomly selected (via random.org) from the sign-up list and will be excused from playing in the first round.
  • Tokens will be distributed for this tournament.
  • Times will be figured out once we discuss battle times between the two participants taking part of said battle!
  • I request that, whether or not you wish to post it in public, Smasher and I at least have a copy of your friend code from whatever Pokémon game you are playing from. If you do not wish to post it to the public, then please send Smasher and I a PM with your friend code and we will PM it to whoever you will be battling. If you wish to post it to the public (which I would imagine is what pretty much everyone will do), then just post it with your sign-up and I will add it to the sign-ups below beside your name. IF YOU CANNOT FIND YOUR FRIEND CODE, THEN YOU WILL FIND IT IN THE "PAL PAD" ITEM IN YOUR BAG IN-GAME.

SIGN-UPS

NOTE: Italics mean uncertain.

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
Re: Pokémon (Gen 5) Tournament

General Zod said:
You'll fear my eeveelution team.

soon i'll train them and make them stronger.

and fear the usable tms again and again.

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)

My team needs a lot of work, but might as well try.

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong

Super Smash Bros 4 Mario said:
General Zod said:

Yes. I shall tremble in fear in the face of such shallow movepools.

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User

General Zod said:
Super Smash Bros 4 Mario said:
General Zod said:

Yes. I shall tremble in fear in the face of such shallow movepools.
hhahaha. you doubt their usefulness

Time Turner

Cirdec said:
I would have liked to use legendaries, but whatever. :p
Well, all of the legendary trios are not on the list, so...

Lorenz Hellman Gloucester

absolutely the best boy dont even try to debate it

I have a question. how exactly do we battle? from that global matchup thingamajig in the pokecenter?

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

aregularforumuser said:
I have a question. how exactly do we battle? from that global matchup thingamajig in the pokecenter?
You will be doing it through the Wi-Fi Club, which is the middle door in the Pokemon Center. :p

Minako Aino said:
woah ballin i might join but my pkmn are like ~60ish lol
That's fine (I'll just make sure you flop badly :mad:)!

Also remember guys that you need to post your FC to this thread or if you want to keep it private then PM it to Smasher and I! I also need to know if you will be playing in both tournaments or just one! Thanks for everyone's interest so far :D

Time Turner

I'll probably go for both tournaments, and since I don't mind making it public: 2709 7912 1224

Cirdec

Celestial Guide

Time Turner said:
Cirdec said:
I would have liked to use legendaries, but whatever. :p
Well, all of the legendary trios are not on the list, so...
Well I was refering to the most powerful ones like Kyogre.

I go for both, my friend code is 2666 7286 0639

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

I'll sign up for both tournaments, but there is a slight possibility of me working during the times set aside. I'll try to find out as soon as I can.

2795-8538-4144

Pyro

Power Star

signing up, but i got to go over and find my friend code, give me a minute

also do we have to specify our teams or no?

(ps i believe skulldug wants to sign up as well but he's not sure yet)

EDIT: My friend code's 1893-9196-1114.

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Core 'Shroom Staff

Pyro said:
signing up, but i got to go over and find my friend code, give me a minute

also do we have to specify our teams or no?

(ps i believe skulldug wants to sign up as well but he's not sure yet)

EDIT: My friend code's 1893-9196-1114.
Nope, teams do not need to be specified, just so long as they follow the flat rules (which should be automatic anyways). I'll put Skulldug down as unsure.