Poll Chairperson Election, 2013

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
And here it is again, the Poll Chairperson Election for the 2013 - 2014 term!

This topic is the official topic for discussion of the election going on, and for the candidates and voters to talk about the campaigns, ideas, and state of the Poll Committee. We will have Q&A sessions or debates, and those events will be announced soon in another post here.

So without further adieu, discussion can begin.

Also, I thought it should be noted that the current Chairperson (Crocodile Dippy) has yet to announce publicly whether he will run again or not, so perhaps he will do that in this topic soon.

Toad85

MarioKartRPG
Technically not "public", but Dippy has announced he won't be running for a second term in the Poll Committee board.

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
Right as rain, y'all can fuck off and eat yourselves alive with this election, because I won't.

(best of luck)

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Don't forget this is happening! So far we have only one pair of candidates.

NSY

Celestial Guide
I'm going to say this now that I think the underdog should lead this year, SMB and Tucky both of you are great but you both have already done a lot and NSM and Toad have never really lead anything. Good luck anyway.

However I won't vote until they write the script .

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
NSY said:
I'm going to say this now that I think the underdog should lead this year, SMB and Tucky both of you are great but you both have already done a lot and NSM and Toad have never really lead anything. Good luck anyway.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, NSY. This is the sort of dialogue that should have been taking place in the election throughout the past few weeks, so I would like to give a response for my campaign.

I fully understand the concern that you have stated, as it is always nice to see newer candidates join the election and try to earn leadership positions through the community. I also think that these elections are a battleground of ideas-- that the competitive nature allows for improvements among the candidates and campaigns that ultimately lead to the voters making the best choice for the Poll Committee Chairperson. Newer members and older members of the website should all be encouraged to take part in the Poll Committee by running campaigns or voting and asking the candidates questions. The candidates that are able to demonstrate that they have the best plans for the Committee should be the ones that win, regardless of if they are the "underdogs" or if they have had more chances to lead community projects.

Toad85 and New Super Mario are both outstanding members of the community and have great skills, but they have literally been in the election since the beginning and have not even posted up a platform (even as the election quickly approaches its end). On the contrary, Tucayo and I have posted a campaign that clearly lays out our plans and intentions for the next year. In addition to carrying out the required responsibilities for the leaders of the Committee, we plan on making the procedure for poll selection more open to the members of our community by allowing them to send in a form proposing their own ideas for what should go up each period. This will allow more members, newcomers and veterans alike, to be able to take part in the process and can even open up the doors for even more newer users to join the committee in following years.

Tucayo and I would also like to take this chance to wish Toad85 and New Super Mario the best in the election, and that we hope to see a campaign from them soon so that we can move forward in the election process.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Adding to what SMB mentioned, I would like for Toad and NSM to schedule a debate with us. And best of lucks too :)

Toad85

MarioKartRPG
NSY said:

yeah sorry about that

we were going to come up with a platform together, but i kept procrastinating because a) my memory sucks and b) my life for the past few weeks has been like "lol no".

basically my life has been either "completely brainfarts" or "I've got this down, but WHOOPSIE DAISEE MY SKIN'S A RAINBOW."

it should be up tomorrow, at least in part.

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
I haven't been following this too closely, but if you can't find the time or remember to post a platform for your candidacy, how can you expect to find the time and remember on a regular basis to monitor and uphold an entire committee?

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Crocodile Dippy said:
did you guys even hold any debates
No we did not.

Toad Eightyfive said:
If they did, I wasn't invited.
Yes, you most certainly were invited. Publicly, actually:

Hobbes said:
Adding to what SMB mentioned, I would like for Toad and NSM to schedule a debate with us. And best of lucks too :)

If you still want to schedule one, shoot us a PM, because we'd still be willing to do one.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
We kind of want to advertise it a bit, if possible, so tomorrow would be better.

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
can i attend as a visitor