Goodbye
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

For my classes put me as scout or medic and possibly sniper as well

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons

Phantom L said:
For my classes put me as scout or medic and possibly sniper as well
It's a self-input thing if you plan on playing. Just click the form link on the first page.

MrConcreteDonkey

Noisemaster
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff

i'll be able to make it on most day up until about 3am gmt so i guess i'll sign up

i already filled in the form, i think i chose pyro, demo and sniper?

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons

Saul Slendamann said:
i'll be able to make it on most day up until about 3am gmt so i guess i'll sign up

We'll probably be starting 12-1 AM in GMT, possibly earlier if we can make it work. You should be able to attend most of it, though you may miss out on the last hour or two.

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User

Groden said:
Saul Slendamann said:

We'll probably be starting 12-1 AM in GMT, possibly earlier if we can make it work. You should be able to attend most of it, though you may miss out on the last hour or two.
whoa whoa whoa wait.

am?

why can't it be pm?

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018

because then east coast players(most of us) would be playing at like 5 in the morning

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee

id be playing at 2 in the morning yo

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons

Sylveon said:
whoa whoa whoa wait.

am?

why can't it be pm?
AM in Greenwich Mean Time (aka time in England), so you'll be playing during PM hours. You're only an hour behind me, so you'll have possibly one of the most comfortable times for playing, assuming you don't have anything to do.

GMT has awkward times because Europeans are the minority, and I'd rather get a solid 18 rather than 3-4 players, with a handful of people willing to stay up extremely late.

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User

hmmmh weird it says for me that crossfire.bps or whatever it's called is missing.

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons

Sylveon said:
hmmmh weird it says for me that crossfire.bps or whatever it's called is missing.
The server has been weird about downloading maps. We'll include a pack of all the maps you will need to play with us during the event in case we cannot fix said issue.

Here's a link to Crossfire. To install the map, go to "Program Files", then into "Steam". Go into "steamapps", then "common", then "Team Fortress 2", then "downloads", then "maps", and place dm_crossfire.bsp inside it.

SKmarioman

King Bowser

I'll sign up, the timing is perfect.

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons

SKmarioman said:
I'll sign up, the timing is perfect.
Awesome, good to have another player. Make sure you fill out the class form linked on the first post if you haven't, as well.

Times may be in the morning stretching into the afternoon for Australians. If you have some sort of mid-day activity, you might not be able to attend some of the matches. Just a forewarning.

SKmarioman

King Bowser

Well, clearly I've read something wrong and it turns out that this tournament will be just after school holidays for me, so I guess I should note that I likely won't be able to play on Friday, but hopefully a fair amount on the other two days.

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons

SKmarioman said:
Well, clearly I've read something wrong and it turns out that this tournament will be just after school holidays for me, so I guess I should note that I likely won't be able to play on Friday, but hopefully a fair amount on the other two days.
OK, I'll try to get an event less dependent on having plenty of players on that day then

Time Turner said:
I should be good.
Added you on Steam so you could be added to our group.

Garlic Man

i would be up for singing the spaghetti remix for the opening ceremony

there must be a way to upload and play a song from the server so there's not so much delay as tb micspamming it (and also higher quality)

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons

there is but that would be mildly annoying because everyone would have to download it

i suppose something using html motds would work

Garlic Man

yeah it would be like a 2 mb download

how terrible

but really, wouldn't that just take a few moments on the in-game download

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons

probably

i've been biased against having custom sounds just because it takes a long time to download them for me but it probably isn't a big deal to everyone else

i'll look into it