Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2 (RESULTS UP) [FINISHED]

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons
And that's all, folks!

This event has finished; it took place on July 28-30, from 6PM-1AM American EST. Thank you all for playing!

Despite some annoying technical difficulties regarding game setups, SourceTV, mini-games, and even some people's connections or computers, it was still very fun, and I hope we will still have the capability to do something like this again. Thank you all for taking the time to come play, and I apologize to those who could not make it.



Here is the basic statistics. Hover your cursor over the mugshots to see the name if you are not sure who is who.

Martiniman wins Most Overall Wins with 12, earning him once more the highest token earning of 70! Citizen Snips, a relatively new Xephfragger, came in second with 11 and a token earning of 68. Turb and I are tied for third place with 9 wins and a token earning of 63. Because we could not make the captain bracket work and there has been many attendance issues, I am not giving out any other rewards. People who made it to all matches in a day earned 3 bonus tokens.



Attended
Won
Tokens
15
9
63
15
8
62
15
7
58
15
12
70
9
3
34
15
6
60
10
6
42
13
10
53
6
4
22
1
1
4
9
6
37
15
9
63
12
6
42
10
4
34
8
1
25
15
7
61
12
5
41
4
3
15
15
11
68
5
4
20
7
3
24
5
3
18
2
2
8
5
4
22




These are all the maps we played, with each row representing a day of the event. My personal favorites were Turbine, Gullywash, and Well.



Lakeside​
Granary​
Double Cross​
Upward​
Gorge​
Viaduct​
Foundry​
Turbine​
Barnblitz​
Steel​
Standin​
Gullywash​
Well​
Badwater​
Gravelpit​




YouTube Videos

In-Game Demos

  • Toadbert
    • Coming soon...


  • Groden
    • Coming soon...
 

MCS

Donkey Kong
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

Hm. Hopefully I'll be able to sign up, but my laptop's been on the fritz for the past few months. I'm hoping it'll be all fixed by then. The date is around my birthday, so I probably won't be able to make some of the days, but I could most likely play one or two of the days.

Anyways, I won't sign up just yet.
 

Lily x

Goodbye
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

Put me on as a question, I am done with school on those days and hoepfully will not be away. However, if it is late I might not be able to do it.
 

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

MCS said:
Hm. Hopefully I'll be able to sign up, but my laptop's been on the fritz for the past few months. I'm hoping it'll be all fixed by then. The date is around my birthday, so I probably won't be able to make some of the days, but I could most likely play one or two of the days.

Anyways, I won't sign up just yet.
Sure. If you know what days you'll be gone for your birthday, I'll try to avoid them.

Phantom L said:
Put me on as a question, I am done with school on those days and hoepfully will not be away. However, if it is late I might not be able to do it.
Earliest we will probably do is 10 PM GMT, so if we start early, you might make it to a handful of games. I don't know how late-night our matches will go either, but games on those late won't count for tokens.
 

MCS

Donkey Kong
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

Groden said:
Sure. If you know what days you'll be gone for your birthday, I'll try to avoid them.
I won't exactly be "gone", I just won't be on much and will be enjoying my birthday. I'll try to make the 19th, and maybe even the 20th, but that might be a stretch.
 

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

I'll sign up but I currently have absolutely no idea what times will be good or bad, other than a vague 'not the end of august'. I'll update whenever I find out more specifics.
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

While I realize points favors some classes more than others, I think we can still incorporate bonuses based on individual performance somehow.

I just don't know how exactly yet.
 

BEEEEEAAARRRS

how about a rousing game of pool
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

gonna be working on a poster

new features:

* less grotesque eyebrows
* less hands with 6 fingers
* less grotesque hands
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

i guess this means i have to make a sfm poster too
 

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

Politoed said:
I'll sign up but I currently have absolutely no idea what times will be good or bad, other than a vague 'not the end of august'. I'll update whenever I find out more specifics.
End of August is bordering start of school, so it's something I want to avoid, even if it's what works for me because of my data cap. Late July or early August seems to be the popular choice.

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
While I realize points favors some classes more than others, I think we can still incorporate bonuses based on individual performance somehow.

I just don't know how exactly yet.
Though it was more of avoiding the fact that players prioritized getting kills more than helping their team, I would agree, but I haven't been able to think of a good compromise, either. I'm open for new ideas if they could work.

The idea is that these games are hopefully more team-oriented, but that's not 100% true in Gym Highlander. Individual token earnings would be desirable for Veterans vs. Challengers, though.

Jack English said:
I'm signed up and getting Internet back this week. B)
Sylveon said:
Nice to have you guys.
 

NotABannableOffense

My heart belongs to another.
Banned User
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

I'll be here from the 17th to the 1st, but not here on any other days in July/August until school starts up. So uh, sign me up.
 

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

The Spice Melange said:
I'll be here from the 17th to the 1st, but not here on any other days in July/August until school starts up.
17th-1st in August or July?
 

NotABannableOffense

My heart belongs to another.
Banned User
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

Groden said:
The Spice Melange said:
I'll be here from the 17th to the 1st, but not here on any other days in July/August until school starts up.
17th-1st in August or July?
17th July to the 1st of August. Any other days I'll be in California where good internet is a maybe.
 

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

The Spice Melange said:
Groden said:
The Spice Melange said:
I'll be here from the 17th to the 1st, but not here on any other days in July/August until school starts up.
17th-1st in August or July?
17th July to the 1st of August. Any other days I'll be in California where good internet is a maybe.
Alright. If after July 17th but before August is feasible, that's what we'll do, but people seem to be leaning towards the start of August instead.
 

Turboo

Shine Sprite
Wiki Administrator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

will there be hide and seek
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

itt groden condones underage drinking
 

Gamefreak75

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Forum Moderator
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

Put me on as a maybe. It depends on work and whatever else happens.
 

QuizmoManiac

a rhinestone cowboy
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

Severa said:
will there be hide and seek
there should be hide and seek
that'd be fun as a break or something
 

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons
Re: Team Fortress 2 Tournament #2

Electro Specter said:
Put me on as a maybe. It depends on work and whatever else happens.
Don't forget to input your classes into the form. I like knowing what class shortages or cancers to expect.
 
Top